[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why is it that, so few people arguing against us?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Why is it that, so few people arguing against us? Reply with quote

I'm actually quite suprised by the low level of users who debate against us in this particular forum.

On occasion some islamist-wacko will come in here and use every foul word that he was taught at his madras, but other than that, I havn't seen any serious users who come here to debate.

It's almost like you miss some wacko to bash on Confused

Are they scared that they'll be massacered by our superiour arguments?

Last edited by Saman on Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The likely answer is: because the majority of the people are against the islamic regime..

Those who belong to NIAC and pro-Khatami lobbies are a small minority and that's great Wink

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
redemption

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: d Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
The likely answer is: because the majority of the people are against the islamic regime..

Those who belong to NIAC and pro-Khatami lobbies are a small minority and that's great Wink

They don't come in here, because they know we are strong and do not get flustered by there BS ARGUMENTS.. as stefania said - they are a minority... and they are not welcome here anyhow - Let them go to payvand and chat Wink

Also - the Newsgroups aren't too bad if you ever use them.. quite a few good activists on there.
Spenta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Majority of the Islamist wackos are on discussion forums affiliated with the IRI such as Iranian.com's forum (where most posts are on Islam by the usual Islamistists and NIAC) and Payvand.com where the majority are NIAC, primarily focused on the Palestinians and fighting US Imperialism and Zionism, and post articles about Jewish conspiracies, and how Arabic the language and culture is superior to Persian.

Most of them don't visit this site or daneshjoo.com's forum for one reason, they fear the Admins on this board. Many are on the payroll of IRI, and those who are in the US, only visit sites where Admins are also on the Payroll of the IRI and can hide their identities and protect them against investigation by the FBI. They are afraid that their identities or activities may be divulged under the US Patriot act, but with IRI web sites and Admins at Iranian.com and Payvand.com they feel safe!
teddybears against evil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way they can defend their beliefs is threats or censorship or against people who dont know much about the religion and Islamic states

its bit like trying to defend Hitler or Stalin and yep its a sign of their weakness like before the Berlin wall came down most people knew the state was rotten and would fall just a question of when
Hoi Persai

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a reason why there are few debates of any kind here is because it is hard to find and hard to get back to if you don't have it bookmarked. I was led here several times through various links in other forums and eventually said "I'm bookmarking it" so I didn't lose it. And also, you don't even have 150 users to make a debate. I think some king of "bringer-inner" is necessary to attract attention: like "get real news here", "no leftism", "the truth at last", or the like. This is my thought.
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoi Persaioi wrote:
I think a reason why there are few debates of any kind here is because it is hard to find and hard to get back to if you don't have it bookmarked. I was led here several times through various links in other forums and eventually said "I'm bookmarking it" so I didn't lose it. And also, you don't even have 150 users to make a debate. I think some king of "bringer-inner" is necessary to attract attention: like "get real news here", "no leftism", "the truth at last", or the like. This is my thought.

Definitely keep your thoughts coming... In the end it's up to the end user to be willing to participate and get vocal.. Do you think there should be a more noticeable image or banner for the message board in the frontpage of the site? ---- Btw: All activists who are part of this community are more than welcome to make suggestions - which are all considered seriously and enacted most of the time!!!!
Hoi Persai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even know what the main site is. Does it have mugs and shirts? Then that's how I got here. It's not that appealing and you have to scroll down to get to the forum link.
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoi Persaioi wrote:
I don't even know what the main site is. Does it have mugs and shirts? Then that's how I got here. It's not that appealing and you have to scroll down to get to the forum link.

the main site is http://www.activistchat.com

and which isn't appealing...?
Hoi Persai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why this is an excellent page! Very Happy The one that brought me here wasn't related, I think. I see 5 links to Zoroastrianism and many more to news. I tried a couple times to click that arm in the corner but it just refreshes the forum page. Rolling Eyes That's why I couldn't see the main page. But then I don't think that the main site is easily accesible and is hard to come by without some prior knowledge.
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoi Persaioi wrote:
Why this is an excellent page! Very Happy The one that brought me here wasn't related, I think. I see 5 links to Zoroastrianism and many more to news. I tried a couple times to click that arm in the corner but it just refreshes the forum page. Rolling Eyes That's why I couldn't see the main page. But then I don't think that the main site is easily accesible and is hard to come by without some prior knowledge.

Yah - do you mean if you end up here in the message forum - it's hard to figure out that ActivistChat.com exists? --- and you think it would be useful to have a prominent LINK from this message forum to the main activistchat page? ---
Hoi Persai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like that. I believe I hit the PgDn button 5 times and saw the Zoro. articles but I didn't see the forum listed. It should be in the first 2 screens (loaded screen and 1 hit of PgDn) so that people can easily see it. Usually when you down further, you get older stuff and not that important stuff. If it's higher and with some picture (like the arm) it will get more hits. 'Cuz most people just click the site to see what is new and to get the easiest accesible stuff there is, and if the forum is listed at the top, they may not think there is one.
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoi Persaioi wrote:
Something like that. I believe I hit the PgDn button 5 times and saw the Zoro. articles but I didn't see the forum listed. It should be in the first 2 screens (loaded screen and 1 hit of PgDn) so that people can easily see it. Usually when you down further, you get older stuff and not that important stuff. If it's higher and with some picture (like the arm) it will get more hits. 'Cuz most people just click the site to see what is new and to get the easiest accesible stuff there is, and if the forum is listed at the top, they may not think there is one.

Yeah - we definitely had the message forum link at the top months ago - but It managed to run away we'll get something up ... Any ideas for design or style of link/ad - into the message forum?
Hoi Persai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kian wrote:
Any ideas for design or style of link/ad - into the message forum?

Hey, I gave you my suggestion. I think that you should do some thinking for a bit. Laughing
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh yes - thought Wink what is thought I wonder....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: