[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mohamad's character
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Philosophy and Religion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anusiya

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Mohamad's character Reply with quote

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/notislam/misconceptions.html

ok, I know none of you will actually listen to this post at all because its contradictory to the nonsense youre choosing to believe. But here it is:

1. Taken from http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/prophet/prophetdescription.html
His manners and disposition

"By the grace of Allah, you are gentle towards the people; if you had been stern and ill-tempered, they would have dispersed from round about you" (translation of Qur'an 3:159)

About himself the prophet (pbuh) said

"Allah has sent me as an apostle so that I may demonstrate perfection of character, refinement of manners and loftiness of deportment." (Malik, Mawatta; Ahmed, Musnad; Mishkat)

By nature he was gentle and kind hearted, always inclined to be gracious and to overlook the faults of others. Politeness and courtesy, compassion and tenderness, simplicity and humility, sympathy and sincerity were some of the keynotes of his character. In the cause of right and justice he could be resolute and severe but more often than not, his severity was tempered with generosity. He had charming manners which won him the affection of his followers and secured their devotion. Though virtual king of Arabia and an apostle of Allah, he never assumed an air of superiority. Not that he had to conceal any such vein by practice and artifice: with fear of Allah, sincere humility was ingrained in his heart. He used to say,

"I am a Prophet of Allah but I do not know what will be my end." (Bukhari, Sahih Bukhari, Chapter "Al-Janaiz")

In one of his sermons calculated to instill the fear of Allah and the day of reckoning in the hearts of men, he said,

"O people of Quraish be prepared for the hereafter, I cannot save you from the punishment of Allah; O Bani Abd Manaf, I cannot save you from Allah; O Abbas, son of Abdul Mutalib, I cannot protect you either; O Fatima, daughter of Muhammad, even you I cannot save." (Sahahin)

He used to pray,

"O Allah! I am but a man. If I hurt any one in any manner, then forgive me and do not punish me." (Ahmed, Musnad, Vol. 6 pg. 103)

He always received people with courtesy and showed respect to older people and stated:

"To honor an old man is to show respect to Allah."

He would not deny courtesy even to wicked persons. It is stated that a person came to his house and asked permission for admission. The prophet (pbuh) remarked that he was not a good person but might be admitted. When he came in and while he remained in the house, he was shown full courtesy. When he left Aiysha (ra) said,

"You did not think well of this man, but you treated him so well."

The prophet (pbuh) replied,

"He is a bad person in the sight of Allah who does not behave courteously and people shun his company bacause of his bad manners." (Bukhari, Sahih Bukhari)

He was always the first to greet another and would not withdraw his hand from a handshake till the other man withdrew his. If one wanted to say something in his ears, he would not turn away till one had finished (Abu Dawud, Tirmizi). He did not like people to get up for him and used to say,

"Let him who likes people to stand up in his honour, he should seek a place in hell." (Abu Dawud, Kitabul Adab, Muhammadi Press, Delhi).

He would himself, however, stand up when any dignitary came to him. He had stood up to receive the wet nurse who had reared him in infancy and had spread his own sheet for her. His foster brother was given similar treatment. He avoided sitting at a prominent place in a gathering, so much so that people coming in had difficulty in spotting him and had to ask which was the Prophet (pbuh). Quite frequently uncouth bedouins accosted him in their own gruff and impolite manner but he never took offence. (Abu Dawud Kitabul Atama).

He used to visit the poorest of ailing persons and exhorted all muslims to do likewise (Bukhari, Sahih Bukhari, Chapter "Attendance on ailing persons"). He would sit with the humblest of persons saying that righteousness alone was the criterion of one's superiority over another. He invariably invited people be they slaves, servants or the poorest believers, to partake with him of his scanty meals (Tirmizi, Sunan Tirmizi).

Whenever he visited a person he would first greet him and then take his permission to enter the house. He advised the people to follow this etiquette and not to get annoyed if anyone declined to give permission, for it was quite likely the person concerned was busy otherwise and did not mean any disrespect (Ibid).

There was no type of household work too low or too undignified for him. Aiysha (ra) has stated,

"He always joined in household work and would at times mend his clothes, repair his shoes and sweep the floor. He would milk, tether, and feed his animals and do the household shopping." (Qazi Iyaz: Shifa; Bukhari, Sahih Bukhari, Chapter: Kitabul Adab)

He would not hesitate to do the menial work of others, particularly of orphans and widows (Nasi, Darmi). Once when there was no male member in the house of the companion Kabab Bin Arat who had gone to the battlefield, he used to go to his house daily and milk his cattle for the inhabitants (Ibn Saad Vol. 6, p 213).

Children
He was especially fond of children and used to get into the spirit of childish games in their company. He would have fun with the children who had come back from Abyssinia and tried to speak in Abyssinian with them. It was his practice to give lifts on his camel to children when he returned from journeys (Bukhari, Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 2 pg.886). He would pick up children in his arms, play with them, and kiss them. A companion, recalling his childhood, said,

"In my childhood I used to fell dates by throwing stones at palm trees. Somebody took me to the Prophet (pbuh) who advised me to pick up the dates lying on the ground but not to fell them with stones. He then patted me and blessed me." (Abu Dawud)

Justice
The Prophet (pbuh) asked people to be just and kind. As the supreme judge and arbiter, as the leader of men, as generalissimo of a rising power, as a reformer and apostle, he had always to deal with men and their affairs. He had often to deal with mutually inimical and warring tribes when showing justice to one carried the danger of antagonizing the other, and yet he never deviated from the path of justice. In administering justice, he made no distinction between believers and nonbelievers, friends and foes, high and low. From numerous instances reported in the traditions, a few are given below.

Sakhar, a chief of a tribe, had helped Muhammad (pbuh) greatly in the seige of Taif, for which he was naturally obliged to him. Soon after, two charges were brought against Sakhar: one by Mughira of illegal confinement of his (Mughira's) aunt and the other by Banu Salim of forcible occupation of his spring by Sakhar. In both cases, he decided against Sakhar and made him undo the wrong. (Abu Dawud, Sunan Dawud, pg.80)

Abdullah Bin Sahal, a companion, was deputed to collect rent from Jews of Khaibar. His cousin Mahisa accompanied him but, on reaching Khaibar, they had separated. Abdullah was waylaid and done to death. Mahisa reported this tragedy to the Prophet (pbuh) but as there were no eye-witnesses to identify the guilty, he did not say anything to the Jews and paid the blood-money out of the state revenues (Bukhari, Sahih Bukhari Nasai).

A woman of the Makhzoom family with good connections was found guilty of theft. For the prestige of the Quraish, some prominent people including Asama Bin Zaid interceded to save her from punishment. The Prophet (pbuh) refused to condone the crime and expressed displeasure saying,

"Many a community ruined itself in the past as they only punished the poor and ignored the offences of the exalted. By Allah, if Muhammad's (My) daughter Fatima would have committed theft, her hand would have been severed." (Bukhari, Sahh Bukhari, Chapter "Alhadood")

The Jews, in spite of their hostility to the Prophet (pbuh), were so impressed by his impartiallity and sense of justice that they used to bring their cases to him, and he decided them according to Jewish law. (Abu Dawud, Sunan Dawud)

Once, while he was distributing the spoils of war, people flocked around him and one man almost fell upon him. He pushed the men with a stick causing a slight abrasion. He was so sorry about this that he told the man that he could have his revenge, but the man said, "O messenger of Allah, I forgive you." (Abu Dawud, Kitablu Diyat).

In his fatal illness, the Prophet (pbuh) proclaimed in a concourse assembled at his house that if he owed anything to anyone the person concerned could claim it; if he had ever hurt anyone's person, honor or property, he could have his price while he was yet in this world. A hush fell on the crowd. One man came forward to claim a few dirhams which were paid at once. (Ibn Hisham, Sirat-ur-Rasul)

Equality
Muhammad (pbuh) asked people to shun notions of racial, family or any other form of superiority based on mundane things and said that righteousness alone was the criterion of one's superiority over another. It has already been shown how he mixed with everyone on equal terms, how he ate with slaves, servants and the poorest on the same sheet (a practice that is still followed in Arabia), how he refused all privileges and worked like any ordinary laborer. Two instances may, however, be quoted here:

Once the Prophet (pbuh) visited Saad Bin Abadah. While returning Saad sent his son Quais with him. The Prophet (pbuh) asked Quais to mount his camel with him. Quais hesitated out of respect but the Prophet (pbuh) insisted: "Either mount the camel or go back." Quais decided to go back. (Abu Dawud, Kitabul Adab)

On another occasion he was traveling on his camel over hilly terrain with a disciple, Uqba Bin Aamir. After going some distance, he asked Uqba to ride the camel, but Uqba thought this would be showing disrespect to the Prophet (pbuh). But the Prophet (pbuh) insisted and he had to comply. The Prophet (pbuh) himself walked on foot as he did not want to put too much load on the animal. (Nasai pg. 803)

The prisioners of war of Badr included Abbas, the uncle of the Prophet (pbuh). Some people were prepared to forgo their shares and remit the Prophet's (pbuh) ransom but he declined saying that he could make no distinctions. (Bukhari, Sahih Bukhari, Chapter "Ransoms")

During a halt on a journey, the companions apportioned work among themselves for preparing food. The Prophet (pbuh) took upon himself the task of collecting firewood. His companions pleaded that they would do it and that he need not take the trouble, but he replied,

"It is true, but I do not like to attribute any distinction to myself. Allah does not like the man who considers himself superior to his companions." (Zarqani, Vol 4 pg. 306)

Kindness to animals
The Prophet (pbuh) not only preached to the people to show kindness to each other but also to all living souls. He forbade the practice of cutting tails and manes of horses, of branding animals at any soft spot, and of keeping horses saddled unnecessarily (Muslim, Sahih Muslim). If he saw any animal over-loaded or ill-fed he would pull up the owner and say,

"Fear Allah in your treatment of animals." (Abu Dawud, Kitab Jihad).

A companion came to him with the young ones of a bird in his sheet and said that the mother bird had hovered over them all along. He was directed to replace her offspring in the same bush (Mishkat, Abu Dawud)

During a journey, somebody picked up some birds eggs. The bird's painful note and fluttering attracted the attention of the Prophet (pbuh), who asked the man to replace the eggs (Bukhari, Sahih Bukhari).

As his army marched towards Makkah to conquer it, they passed a female dog with puppies. The Prophet (pbuh) not only gave orders that they should not be disturbed, but posted a man to see that this was done.

He stated,

"Verily, there is heavenly reward for every act of kindness done to a living animal."

Love for the poor
The Prophet (pbuh) enjoined upon Muslims to treat the poor kindly and to help them with alms, zakat, and in other ways. He said:

"He is not a perfect muslim who eats his fill and lets his neighbor go hungry."

He asked,

"Do you love your Creator? Then love your fellow beings first."

Monopoly is unlawful in Islam and he preached that

"It is diffucult for a man laden with riches to climb the steep path that leads to bliss."

He did not prohibit or discourage the aquisition of wealth but insisted that it be lawfully aquired by honest means and that a portion of it would go to the poor. He advised his followers

"To give the laborer his wages before his perspiration dried up."

He did not encourage beggary either and stated that

"Allah is gracious to him who earns his living by his own labor, and that if a man begs to increase his property, Allah will diminish it and whoever has food for the day, it is prohibited for him to beg."

To his wife he said,

"O Aysha, love the poor and let them come to you and Allah will draw you near to Himself." (Bukhari, Sahih Bukhari)

One or two instances of the Prophet's (pbuh) concern for the poor may be given here. A Madinan, Ibad Bin Sharjil, was once starving. He entered an orchard and picked some fruit. The owner of the orchard gave him a sound beating and stripped off his clothes. The poor man appealed to the Prophet (pbuh) who remonstrated the owner thus:

"This man was ignorant, you should have dispelled his ignorance; he was hungry, you should have fed him."

His clothes were restored to the Madinan and, in addition, some grain was given to him (Abu Dawud, Kitabul Jihad).

A debtor, Jabir Bin Abdullah, was being harassed by his creditor as he could not clear his debt owing to the failure of his date crop. The Prophet (pbuh) went with Jabir to the house of the creditor and pleaded with him to give Jabir some more time but the creditor was not prepared to oblige. The Prophet (pbuh) then went to the oasis and having seen for himself that the crop was really poor, he again approached the creditor with no better result. He then rested for some time and approached the creditor for a third time but the latter was adamant. The Prophet (pbuh) went again to the orchard and asked Jabir to pluck the dates. As Allah would have it, the collection not only sufficed to clear the dues but left something to spare (Bukhari, Sahih Bukhari).

His love for the poor was so deep that he used to pray:

"O Allah, keep me poor in my life and at my death and raise me at resurrection among those who are poor." (Nasai, Chapter: Pardon)

2. http://www.muhammad.net/biblelp/index.htm cba to post all of these, there are too many.

3. http://www.muhammad.net/ Once again, too much to post here

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking and choosing, are we? Check out some of these sites.

http://www.abcog.org/cislam1.htm
This is a great site on the comparrions between Islam and christianity

http://zionsake.tripod.com/MuC4-Mu_character.html
About Muhammed's character

http://www.freeman.org/m_online/jun04/eidelberg.htm
excerpt: "To liberate the Muslim from his religion is the best service that one can render him." -historian and philologist Ernest Renan

http://www.answering-islam.de/Main/Gilchrist/Vol1/2a.html
Anusiya, did you know that Muhammed's last words before he died was "O Lord, kill the Jews and the Christians..." -Muwatta Imam Malik, p. 371 So much for Muhammed the merciful!

http://www.prophetofdoom.net/quotes.aspx?g=405&i=4522
Mohammeds morality in HIS OWN WORDS!!!
anusiya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prophet Mohammad's letters to various rulers at the time
Before any aggression was made on the Persians or Romans (or anyone else, for that matter), Mohammad had written letters to several rulers inviting them to Join Islam.

Letter to Herakleios, the Roman (Byzantine) Emperor
This was delivered to him while the emperor was visiting Sirya. The King wanted to know if an Arab caravan was visiting Syria so he could question the prophet. It so happened that Abu Sufyan, Mohammads main enemy, was in the area at the time and went into to speak with Heraclios. The dialogue went as such:
King: What sort of family does this prophet come from?
AS: A noble family and is one of my relations
King: Has any arab ever made such claims before?
AS: no
King: Did your people ever find him telling a lie before that?
AS: no.
King: has there been a ruler among his ancestors?
King: Who are his followers? Rich / poor?
AS: Mostly poor, humble, and young peope.
King: Increaseing or decreaseing?
AS: INcreasing
King: DO his followers ever convert out of Islam?
King: has he ever broken a pledge?
King: What does he teach?
AS: He teaches that we should worship one god and not set up equals to him. He preaches against idols. He wants us to tell the truth and give up all evil and corrupt practices. He tells us to be good to each other, keep our promises, and not screw each others' trusts
King: It seems his claim to be a prophet is true. I was expecting him, but not from Arabia. If what you have said is true, his rule will definitely spread over all the lands.

Funny that the Orthodox Christian Herakleios views Mohammad well, but every "Western" (catholic / protestant) I have ever met regards him as evil.

Letter to Chosroes, Sassanid Emperor
The letter sent to him was recieved in completely the opposite way. Chosroes tore it up and flew into a rage. When this was reported to Mohammad, he said: "What Chosroes has done to our letter, God will do to his kingdom."

Chosroes issued orders for Mohammad to be arrested and murdered. Soon, the Emperor was murdered by his son, who cancelled the arrest. Persia soon fell under the order of Umar.

Letter to Negus, King of Abyssinia
It recieved an honourable reception. Negus said: "As long as this letter is safe, my kingdom is safe"

Leter to Muqauqis, Christian King of Egypt
Muqauqis did not accept islam, but sent gifts back to Mohammad.

Letter to Mundhir, ruler of Bahrain
This was the most successful of all envoys. He converted, and even wrote back asking for further instruction.

You know, all this time, you've been saying how hospitable and accepting Perians are. However, it was because of Chosroes's intolerance and arrogance that Persia was conquered.

More to come[/i]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Funny that the Orthodox Christian Herakleios views Mohammad well, but every "Western" (catholic / protestant) I have ever met regards him as evil.

Most rulers care little for religion. Herakleios, was Christian in name only. And you left out the Jews and Hindus; they think Muhammed was evil too. (I would too, if I was one of them) Not to mention most Iranian immigrants think so as well.

I dont think Muhammed was evil per se. Just REALLY misguided. From what Ive read, I genuinely think that he started out trying to do a good thing. Helping the poor and widows. getting rid of monetary debt. etc. But once he tasted power, he quickly degenerated into "the raving lunatic." Shimon bar kochba was the same. He started out meek and humble, trying to do a good thing for his people but he, like muhammed, was just a man. Power currupted them both. They both turned into savage, brutal and ruthless animals.

Quote:
You know, all this time, you've been saying how hospitable and accepting Perians are. However, it was because of Chosroes's intolerance and arrogance that Persia was conquered.

True, but one kings arrogance does not negate a dynasty's legacy. Around the time Islam was being created, Persia's kings were getting farther and farther away from Cyrus' vision. They were weak and the arabs were greedy, it was inevitable...
anusiya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hindus; they think Muhammed was evil too.

Not the ones I've met (and being Indian, I've met a hell of a lot)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Not the ones I've met (and being Indian, I've met a hell of a lot)

I thought you were pakistani. All the hindus that I have met in college see Islam as a threat not only to india but to the entire civilized world. After all, Pakistan would still be apart of India if there wasn't so much hate between the two.
anusiya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought you were pakistani

Uuhhh! Hell no!

The reason we're in UK isnt refugee or whatever, its because, like your family, there are better resources here, my dad can work (doctor) better, schools etc. The majority of my extended family still live in india.

Quote:
All the hindus that I have met in college see Islam as a threat not only to india but to the entire civilized world.

All the hindus I've met know the difference between extremists and moderates like ourselves. They dont see Islam as a threat, rather, what some people are doing with it.

Quote:
After all, Pakistan would still be apart of India if there wasn't so much hate between the two.

If only ... Mr. Green

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, part two

Mohammad's Charter with the Christians
In the 6th Year of Hijrah, the prophet granted all Christians with a charter. This stated that:
    That Christians were not to be unfairly taxed
    No bishop was to be expelled from his monastery
    No pilgrim was to be detained from the performance of pilgrimage
    No church was to be pulled down for construction of a mosque
    Christian women married to Muslim men could retain their Christianity
    Muslims were to help repair and maintain churches

Now how's that for intolerance?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Now how's that for intolerance?

I seriously doubt that is true. But even if it is, it didn't last long. Like I said earlier, in his early years he seems like a pretty nice guy. (But certainly not a prophet)

But then I read Sirat Rasul Allah by Muhammad Ibn Ishaqand (The earliest extant biography of Muhammad) and I see Mohammed, "the raving lunatic"...

*The following post is respectfully dedicated to the memory of all those who were murdered by Mohammed*

Here is a brief run down of some of those Mohammed murdered. (there are many more I did not post)

Uqba bin Abu Mu’ayt
“When the apostle ordered him to be killed, Uqba said, ‘But who will look after my children, O Muhammad?’ ‘Hell,’ Mohammed replied.”

Ka’b bin al-Ashraf
I thrust it into the lower part of his body, then I bore down upon it until I reached his genitals, and the enemy of God fell to the ground.”[9]
“Our attack upon God’s enemy cast terror among the Jews, and there was no Jew in Medina who did not fear for his life.”

Ibn Sunayna
The apostle said, “Kill any Jew that falls into your power.” Thereupon Muhayyisa bin Mas’ud leapt upon Ibn Sunayna, a Jewish merchant with whom they had social and business relations, and killed him. Huwayyisa was not a Muslim at the time though he was the elder brother. When Muhayyisa killed him Huwayyisa began to beat him, saying, “You enemy of God, did you kill him when much of the fat on your belly comes from his wealth?” Muhayyisa answered, “Had the one who ordered me to kill him ordered me to kill you I would have cut your head off.” He said that this was the beginning of Huwayyisa’s acceptance of Islam. The other replied, “By God, if Muhammad had ordered you to kill me would you have killed me?” He said, “Yes, by God, had he ordered me to cut off your head I would have done so.” He exclaimed, “By God, a religion which can bring you to this is marvelous!” And he became a Muslim.[11]

the Qurayza Jews
Then they (the Qurayza Jews) surrendered, and the apostle confined them in Medina. . . . Then the apostle went out to the market of Medina (which is still its market today) and dug trenches in it. Then he sent for them and struck off their heads in those trenches as they were brought out to him in batches. . . . There were 600 or 700 in all, though some put the figure as high as 800 or 900. As they were being taken out in batches to the apostle they asked Ka’b what he thought would be done with them. He replied, “Will you never understand? Don’t you see that the summoner never stops and those who are taken away do not return? By Allah it is death!” This went on until the apostle made an end of them.[15] Every male who had reached puberty was killed.[16] A woman named Bunanah was beheaded because she had dropped a millstone on one of Muhammad’s men.[17] Muhammad divided the women, children, and property among his men (taking a fifth of everything for himself). Some of the women were sold for horses and weapons, and Muhammad kept one of the captive women, Rayhana, for himself.[18]

Kinana bin al-Rabi
When [Muhammad] asked him about the rest he refused to produce it, so the apostle gave orders to al-Zubayr bin al-Awwam, “Torture him until you extract what he has,” so he kindled a fire with flint and steel on his chest until he was nearly dead. Then the apostle delivered him to Muhammad bin Maslama and he struck off his head, in revenge for his brother Mahmud [who had been killed in battle while conquering the town].[22]

Anonymous One-Eyed Shepherd
After failing at one of their assassination attempts, some Muslims were returning to Muhammad when one of them, an assassin named Amr, went into a cave. He soon encountered a one-eyed shepherd driving a sheep. The one-eyed man laid beside Amr (not realizing that he was a Muslim) and began to sing:

"I won’t be a Muslim as long as I live,
Nor heed to their religion give."[24]

Amr didn’t miss his chance to kill an infidel:
I said (to myself), “You will soon know!” and as soon as the badu was asleep and snoring I got up and killed him in a more horrible way than any man has been killed. I put the end of my bow in his sound eye, then I bore down on it until I forced it out at the back of his neck.[25]
A couple of other people were killed during this failed expedition, yet when Amr reported the details to Muhammad, the Prophet blessed him for his work.[26]

Abu Afak
Abu Afak, saddened because Muhammad had killed someone named al-Harith, composed the following song in memory of the departed:

"Long have I lived but never have I seen
An assembly or collection of people
More faithful to their undertaking
And their allies when called upon
Than the sons of Qayla when they assembled,
Men who overthrew mountains and never submitted.
A rider who came to them split them in two (saying)
‘Permitted’, ‘Forbidden’ of all sorts of things.
Had you believed in glory or kingship
You would have followed Tubba."[27]

These words were too much for Muhammad to bear, so the Prophet of Islam flew into a rage that ended with the death of Abu Afak.[28]

Asma
A woman named Asma (who had five sons) was appalled at the murder of Abu Afak, so she wrote a poem against the Muslims in retaliation. Ibn Ishaq relates the account of what followed:
When the apostle heard what she had said he said, “Who will rid me of Marwan’s daughter?” Umayr bin Adiy al-Khatmi who was with him heard him, and that very night he went to her house and killed her. In the morning he came to the apostle and told him what he had done and he said, “You have helped God and His apostle, O Umayr!” When he asked if he would have to bear any evil consequences the apostle said, “Two goats won’t butt their heads about her,” so Umayr went back to his people.[29]

Abdullah bin Khatal and His Two Singing Girls
Abdullah bin Khatal was a Muslim who later apostatized. He had two singing girls who sang satirical songs about the Prophet. As soon as Muhammad had the power, he ordered that all three be killed. Abdullah was killed by two Muslims. One of the singing girls was killed. The other was later given immunity, for unknown reasons.[30]

al-Huwayrith
All that is known of al-Huwayrith is that he insulted Muhammad, that Muhammad demanded he be killed, and that Ali carried out Muhammad’s wishes.[31]

Sara, a Freed Slave
Sara was a freed slave who had insulted Muhammad in Mecca. Muhammad commanded his men to kill her wherever they find her. She was eventually found and trampled to death by a mounted soldier.[32]

See this website for more info
MURDERED BY MOHAMMMED
http://www.answeringinfidels.com/content/view/61/42/

Conclusion: Muhammad killed countless people (torturing many of them), robbed people, married thirteen women (one of them a juvenile), took part in the slave trade, and permitted women to be beaten by their husbands. When he is judged by the standards laid down by Jesus, Muhammad fails miserably. Thus, when Muslims find themselves defending the moral character of Muhammad, they may be doing so because they find the moral standards of Jesus more compelling than the moral standards of Muhammad, and they may be consciously or unconsciously trying to replace the spotted life of Muhammad with the spotless life of Jesus. If so, it is time for Muslims to look to a different messenger, one who is truly worthy of our admiration, praise, reverence, and worship.
anusiya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ... I don't know about any of those people so I WILL post them later - if its not posted by 2 weeks from saturday PM me.

However, I do know about the Banu Qurayza:

After the departure of the Meccan army, the Muslims turned their attention towards the Banu Qurayza, who had abandoned them at the battle of the ditch. The Muslims lay siege to their fortress. When they could not hold out any longer, they sent a message to the Muslims saying they could surrender but would like their fate to be decided by one of their allies. Sa'd bin Muadh, chief of the tribe of Aws, was appointed the arbiter. He passed the judgement according to the Torah. According to the Jewish law the punishment for treason was death. In passing the death sentence, Sa'd reminded the Jews that had they succeeded in carrying out their plan, all the Muslims would be dead.

As a result of this, all male memebers of the Banu Qurayza who were of fighting age were killed and the women, children, and elderly were expelled to Syria.

Many historians believe that it was a tactical error of them to choose an ally to choose their own fate. The mosaic law is very strict in such matters and any person passing a judgement under this law could not be too lenient. Many historians believe that if the Banu Qurayza had entrusted Mohammad with their fate, he would definitely have forgiven them, and, at most, expelled them.

So, it was the Banu Qurayza who, essentially, opted to be killed off ...

As for the rest of what you've said:
Quote:
A woman named Bunanah was beheaded because she had dropped a millstone on one of Muhammad’s men.[17] Muhammad divided the women, children, and property among his men (taking a fifth of everything for himself). Some of the women were sold for horses and weapons, and Muhammad kept one of the captive women, Rayhana, for himself.[18]

I seriously doubt its true.

As for the killing happening during a battle ... well, its a battle, not a tea party. In the same way, you could argue that Moses "murdered."

Quote:
hus, when Muslims find themselves defending the moral character of Muhammad, they may be doing so because they find the moral standards of Jesus more compelling than the moral standards of Muhammad, and they may be consciously or unconsciously trying to replace the spotted life of Muhammad with the spotless life of Jesus.

Eh? Actually, what I'm really trying to do is not replacing anything, just clearing up some misconceptions.

Quote:
worship.

No-one worships Mohammad. He's not a manifestation of god or anything. That would be against the most fundamental principle.

Besides, Mohammad is said to have said "dont worship me. I'm only a messenger."

Quote:
I seriously doubt that is true.

Hey, you must really like having me around, because I'm actually not leaving until I've managed to convince even one person that the stuff I'm saying isn't concocted nonsense!

You know, I've actually seen a trend in a lot of websites you seem to be posting at me. They all seem to be trying to push moderates over the edge into fanaticism by highlighting the differences and labelling us as "infidels," and not concentrating on the similarities which is what should be concentrated upon if we're going to mend the relationship between Muslims and non-Muslims (I mean, you're never gonna be able to destroy Islam completely ... unless of course you internationally go hitler on them (and even then, at a massive rate) ... and no-one wants that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

After the departure of the Meccan army, the Muslims turned their attention towards the Banu Qurayza, who had abandoned them at the battle of the ditch. The Muslims lay siege to their fortress. When they could not hold out any longer, they sent a message to the Muslims saying they could surrender but would like their fate to be decided by one of their allies. Sa'd bin Muadh, chief of the tribe of Aws, was appointed the arbiter. He passed the judgement according to the Torah. According to the Jewish law the punishment for treason was death. In passing the death sentence, Sa'd reminded the Jews that had they succeeded in carrying out their plan, all the Muslims would be dead.

Wow, so because they abandoned the militant islamics, they got killed for it. Thats some justice for you. Especially since they shouldn't have been forced to fight along side those sickos to begin with. Mohammed was a militant and because he spread his word by force, he is immoral (maybe even evil).

Quote:
I seriously doubt its true.

Why not? It is the earliest and most accurate portrayal of muhammed we have.

Quote:
As for the killing happening during a battle ... well, its a battle, not a tea party. In the same way, you could argue that Moses "murdered."

Im not talking about that. I still think its wrong that he used the sword to advance his cause but I'd rather prove you wrong by other means.

Quote:

Eh? Actually, what I'm really trying to do is not replacing anything, just clearing up some misconceptions.

There is no misconceptions. Muhammed is, historically speaking, one of history's most brutal figures.

Quote:
Besides, Mohammad is said to have said "dont worship me. I'm only a messenger."

You worship his God that he created. A God of war and blood. You worship his ideas and creations. In essence, you worship him.

Quote:

Hey, you must really like having me around, because I'm actually not leaving until I've managed to convince even one person that the stuff I'm saying isn't concocted nonsense!

Telling me that Muhammed didn't do all this evil stuff or rationalizing it so it sounds better is like doing the same for Hitler: Some fools may buy into that load of BS, but educated people know better.

Quote:
You know, I've actually seen a trend in a lot of websites you seem to be posting at me. They all seem to be trying to push moderates over the edge into fanaticism by highlighting the differences and labelling us as "infidels," and not concentrating on the similarities which is what should be concentrated upon if we're going to mend the relationship between Muslims and non-Muslims (I mean, you're never gonna be able to destroy Islam completely ... unless of course you internationally go hitler on them (and even then, at a massive rate) ... and no-one wants that.

1. The websites I show you do nothing more than highlight what is already in your Koran.

2. As long as people follow that lunatic, there is no "mending the relationship."

3. Islam can and will be destroyed completely. All you gotta do is show them what BS they believe in. Its already there in their Koran just waiting to be pointed out. And most of the time, I dont even have to do that.
anusiya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wow, so because they abandoned the militant islamics, they got killed for it. Thats some justice for you. Especially since they shouldn't have been forced to fight along side those sickos to begin with.

Maybe I should have elaborated.

The Banu Qurayza had a peace treaty with the Muslims. Islam says if someone asks for peace, give it to them. At the Battle of the Ditch, the Meccans persuaded them to break their peace treaty and fight against the Muslims.

Quote:
There is no misconceptions. Muhammed is, historically speaking, one of history's most brutal figures.

That depends on who writes the history. Obviously the Americans have given him a bad name. The situation's slighlty different in the UK, but with Americanism spreading, this difference may be short lasted.

After all, there is no possible way of knowing what happened in the past. Whoever's in charge controlls the past, not the people who actually lived it.

Quote:
You worship his God that he created.

Which is the same god you worship.

Quote:
The websites I show you do nothing more than highlight what is already in your Koran.

And, quite often, interpret them using the "terrorists-guide-to-interpreting-anything-so-you-can-use-it-as-an-excuse-to-kill-people" type interptetation.
And stereotype us.
And use half verses and verses out of context to prove their point
And, in one instance, they made up a verse entirely.

Quote:
Its already there in their Koran just waiting to be pointed out.

Ok.

Anyone with half a brain (and not wanting to kill people or be an enemy of islam) can CLEARLY see that.

Just like anyone can clearly see that the whole creationism thingy is a METAPHOR and dudes living to 1000 is a METAPHOR and the flood covering the whole world is a METAPHOR and jesus being the sun of god is a METAPHOR and when we are told to fight, its a METAPHOR and ... there are probably loads more.

Quote:
Some fools may buy into that load of BS, but educated people know better

Right back at you. A look a little deeper (try reading some Muslim books instead of those designed to create anti-Islam discrimination) will explain the BS you've been talking about.

Of course, being as you are, you won't accept it ...

Quote:
3. Islam can and will be destroyed completely.

True, .. it will

I'm going for the armageddon theory, me. Of course, by then, we may have space colonists, so perhaps something else ... heck, I dunno .... And any person who can see deeper than what's written and can read between the lines won't be repulsed by Islam but will embrace it.

Of course, feel free to remove it from the terrorist guys who take everything literally. They'll use a new excuse to terrorise people.

Quote:
Why not? It is the earliest and most accurate portrayal of muhammed we have.

Probably because of the same reason that if a load of new Roman and Greek artifacts dating from the time of jesus exactly was found and it contained all sorts of stuff saying him to be violent and etc etc, you wouldnt believe it.
BECAUSE YOU WOULDNT WANT TO BELIEVE IT.
Just the same way you dont want to believe anything I'm posting. I'm gonna be here for a while, better call for backup ...

Quote:
As long as people follow that lunatic, there is no "mending the relationship."

So you'd actually like a few billion more enemies?
I mean, I have my complaints about Christianity, but that doesnt mean I intentionally try to alienate them and ruin the relationship with them! Peace lies not by destroying one ideology - those who want to commit violence will use any excuse - but by highliting the similarities. Exxaggerating difference in an attempt to create discrimination WILL - and believe me on this - create the exact conditions (of which the primary ingredient is discrimination based on race and religion) needed for fanatics to commit acts of terrorism

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

That depends on who writes the history. Obviously the Americans have given him a bad name. The situation's slighlty different in the UK, but with Americanism spreading, this difference may be short lasted.

After all, there is no possible way of knowing what happened in the past. Whoever's in charge controlls the past, not the people who actually lived it.

"Americans gave him a bad name"?....oh, dude! Americans think he was a peaceful prophet. Its the converts from Islam that say hes evil. And the historical record (documents, archeology, etc.) never changes. We just discover new stuff that we didn't have before. It is very easily possible to know what happened in the past.

Quote:
Which is the same god you worship.

...I find it extremely sad that you think that. But I tell you the absolute truth, your God and my God are VERY different beings. In truth they are complete opposites. Your God is one of war and conquest, constantly seeking new slaves for allah. Subjugating women and conscripting men into his army. My God loves me so much he sacrificed himself to save me. He desires only to be with me. You could not possibly be more wrong.

Quote:
And, quite often, interpret them using the "terrorists-guide-to-interpreting-anything-so-you-can-use-it-as-an-excuse-to-kill-people" type interptetation.
And stereotype us.
And use half verses and verses out of context to prove their point
And, in one instance, they made up a verse entirely.

I dont mean to be rude, but if you actually believe his lies, then maybe you deserve to be stereotyped. Although I hope I never do that.

Quote:
Anyone with half a brain (and not wanting to kill people or be an enemy of islam) can CLEARLY see that.

Just like anyone can clearly see that the whole creationism thingy is a METAPHOR and dudes living to 1000 is a METAPHOR and the flood covering the whole world is a METAPHOR and jesus being the sun of god is a METAPHOR and when we are told to fight, its a METAPHOR and ... there are probably loads more.

1. Creation was not a metaphor
2. Methusaleh lived to be 969 years old, the more I learn about this world the more I come to believe it is true. Plus, the Torah hasn't let me down so far. Until proven otherwise, Im gonna believe it.
3. The flood was definately not a metaphor, ALL geologists agree that there is strong evidence that a worldwide flood did in fact occur.
4. The son of God thing is terminology that the jews understand better than we do. Alot of prophets refer to this "son of God." But he is also called "Son of Man." We Gentiles misunderstand this terminology. But he was immanuel, "God with us" and more than 100 other names. See this site for more http://biblia.com/jesusbible/isaiah6b.htm But Muslims get hung up on that one name so often. If they studied the Torah they would understand it.
5. When you are told to fight, YOU say its a metaphor, few if any muslims agree with you.

Quote:
Right back at you. A look a little deeper (try reading some Muslim books instead of those designed to create anti-Islam discrimination) will explain the BS you've been talking about.

Of course, being as you are, you won't accept it ...

I've read the Koran, how much more muslim a book do you prefer? Actually I would be delighted if anyone could prove me wrong. But so far I have proven muslim after muslim wrong. (especially about muhammed)

Quote:
Probably because of the same reason that if a load of new Roman and Greek artifacts dating from the time of jesus exactly was found and it contained all sorts of stuff saying him to be violent and etc etc, you wouldnt believe it.
BECAUSE YOU WOULDNT WANT TO BELIEVE IT.
Just the same way you dont want to believe anything I'm posting. I'm gonna be here for a while, better call for backup ...

1. If that happened I would change my religion YESTERDAY. But thats not going to happen.
2. I CAN'T believe you because of all the ISLAMIC evidence.
3. Dont need to, I have all the backup I'll ever need.

Quote:
So you'd actually like a few billion more enemies?
I mean, I have my complaints about Christianity, but that doesnt mean I intentionally try to alienate them and ruin the relationship with them! Peace lies not by destroying one ideology - those who want to commit violence will use any excuse - but by highliting the similarities. Exxaggerating difference in an attempt to create discrimination WILL - and believe me on this - create the exact conditions (of which the primary ingredient is discrimination based on race and religion) needed for fanatics to commit acts of terrorism

1. No man on earth is my enemy. My enemy is the ideology. And before my time is over, I will see it dead and my people free.
2. Like I said before Im not going to alienate them, Im going to get in their face and open their eyes to the disease called "Islam." They will probably see more of me than they would like.
3. Jesus is the only peace this world will ever see. I wish i wasn't so. (So does Jesus)
4. You dont like the differences do you? So what, you want to just pretend they arent there?
5. I am not creating discrimination, I am calling out the false prophet to answer for his crimes. Namely deceiving many muslims. If you like what hitler did, TOUGH LUCK! I'm still calling a murderer, a murderer and a false prophet, a false prophet. I call em like I see em.

The fact is your "prophet" has a VERY checkered past. Not at all the moral leader the ignorant muslim masses claim he is. And if you dont mind what he did, and even more, think he is someone to emulate, what does that say about you? Personally I prefer to look up to the one who calls himself "The way, the truth and the life". He calls me away from my human desires (that muhammed so frequently indulged himself in) and to a state of holiness and purity. I probably wont achieve it in this life, but i'll still be a better person than Muhammed.
anusiya

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2. Methusaleh lived to be 969 years old,

You know, it says in Islam that Abraham (i think it was him neway) lived to 960. Some Muslims have interpreted that literally. The Ahmadi viewpoint simply states that his "Khilafat" was 960 years, after which a new prophet came, and added to his book of laws.

Quote:
Creation was not a metaphor

Then I suppose these questions will be answereable:
- where did life come from?
- how did humans come about?
- what about the other speicies?
- how was the earth, moon and sun created?
- what about the other planets and the rest of the universe?

Quote:
more I learn about this world the more I come to believe it is true

Could you please tell me some of the evidences and arguements in favour of Methousaleh living to 969?

Quote:
The flood was definately not a metaphor, ALL geologists agree that there is strong evidence that a worldwide flood did in fact occur.

Where did the water come from? Where did it go?

Or perhaps it could be that the Tigris / Euphrates/ Fertile Crescent / Mesopotamia region essentially WAS the entire world to Noah (as in, he didnt know anything about other places) and what is described as a universal flood is just a flood of Noah's known world, which is that area.

Quote:
The son of God thing is terminology that the jews understand better than we do. Alot of prophets refer to this "son of God." But he is also called "Son of Man." We Gentiles misunderstand this terminology.

So this SOG terminology could be used to simply describe someone who is really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really reeeeaaaaaalllly holy, but not actually a literal "son"?

Also, if Jesus is the god, as well as "the father" (and then theres that holy ghost fellow), doesnt that break the first commandement: "THOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BESIDE ME"

Quote:
When you are told to fight, YOU say its a metaphor, few if any muslims agree with you.

Actually, the 200 million other Ahmadis agree. Plus the non-violent Muslims (yes, they do exist)

You know, Ahmadiyyat actually places a great deal of importance on jihad, but, because of that interpretations, every single one of our jihadists is non-violent and uses things like internet forums, radio, tv, etc to get their point across. I mean, you ever heard of an Ahmadi terrorist?

Quote:
I've read the Koran, how much more muslim a book do you prefer?

Well, you could see if there are any English translations of the urdu "Tafseer-e-Kabeer," which is the most detailed commentary of the Quran. Ever. (as far as i know).

If you're still interested, there are several e-books on our webiste, and then, every year theres a gathering called Jalsa Salana (Im not sure if they have those in US though), where you can turn up and buy loads of resources for reading.

Quote:
Dont need to, I have all the backup I'll ever need.

Actually I was talking to myself .. which is kinda a stupid thing to do on an internet forum ... oh well

Quote:
Jesus is the only peace this world will ever see. I wish i wasn't so. (So does Jesus)

Somehow I doubt its the ONLY peace you'll ever see
... see, this is what ALL die-hard christians do. Rhuan used to do it, and now you are. NONE of them recognise other people like Buddha or Krishna or Confuscious as legitamate.
We Ahmadis on the other hand, ... we do. And we dont teach that Islam (or any faith at all) is the ONLY way to heaven - any good person can get up there. (dont know about mainstreamists though)

Quote:
You dont like the differences do you? So what, you want to just pretend they arent there?

That would be nice. Even though I love diversity ... hmm ....
Of course, it'd never happen. I still think concentrating on similarities to mend gaps is more important than emphasising differences in order to destroy a group completely. Like I said earlier, emphasising the differences creates prejudice and discrimination, which is the key factor in a lot of religious attacks. Whats more, they ALWAYS point out the negative things, never posititve, so only the bad differences are emphasised, for which there is ALWAYs an explanation.

Even if you destroy the ideology, people who want to do harm will always find an excuse to do so. In the middle ages, Christianity was the excuse. Now its Islam's turn. Sooner or later, the phase will pass and the violent people may well find a new ideology. Either way, they'll still be committing terrorism.

Quote:
I call em like I see em.

Only you never actually ever saw him. You only saw accounts of what he did.

Question: when is Sirat Rasul Allah by Muhammad Ibn Ishaqand dated from? And who is Ibn Ishaqand (religion, race, etc, etc)

[/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Then I suppose these questions will be answereable:
- where did life come from?
- how did humans come about?
- what about the other speicies?
- how was the earth, moon and sun created?
- what about the other planets and the rest of the universe?

Only God knows the answers to these questions. I think this is part of our "reward" in heaven. Humans will never find the answers to these questions. Although we all want them.

Quote:
Could you please tell me some of the evidences and arguements in favour of Methousaleh living to 969?

This could take a while but I'll try to anyway. After the flood, the earth was completely different than the earth before. There were widespread global differences. These would include changes in the climate, composition of the atmosphere, hydrologic cycle, geologic features, cosmic radiation reaching the earth, ozone concentration, ultra violet light, background radiation, genetics, diet, and a host of other subtle and/or profound chemical and physiological changes. These changes caused a rapid decline of the longevity of post flood humanity. But many theologians believe that sin itself id the cause. Adam and eve were meant to live FOREVER! They werent even supposed to have kids because the whole idea of having kids is to pass on your legacy. If you never died, you wouldn't need to. And in the Bible you will notice that Adam does not sleep with eve until after they sin. So God provided a way for humanity to continue well in advance, sort of as a "Plan B." (which by the way Jesus is a part of).

Quote:
Where did the water come from? Where did it go?

Part of it got frozen in the ice caps by the ice age that followed the flood. But you have to realize that the landmass of the earth was bigger before the flood. Before the flood, most of the water was under teh earths surface. The flood occured when somehow the pressure built up and the water was sent blasting into the atmosphere where it struck and broke the canopy (the firmament in Genesis) which was a protection against the harmful UV and other radiations. It was made of a very thin layer of Hydrogen that was magenta in color. It encased the entire earth but when it broke, it fell to earth combining with the oxygen in our atmosphere becoming rain which combined with the giant gysers flooded the entire globe.

Quote:
Or perhaps it could be that the Tigris / Euphrates/ Fertile Crescent / Mesopotamia region essentially WAS the entire world to Noah (as in, he didnt know anything about other places) and what is described as a universal flood is just a flood of Noah's known world, which is that area.

Geologists agree that the WHOLE world got flooded.

Quote:
So this SOG terminology could be used to simply describe someone who is really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really reeeeaaaaaalllly holy, but not actually a literal "son"?

Also, if Jesus is the god, as well as "the father" (and then theres that holy ghost fellow), doesnt that break the first commandement: "THOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BESIDE ME"

Son of God means "the same as adam" who was literally the son of God. IE God created Adam specifically. In the same way God created Jesus specifically. Many times in the Bible, Jesus is called "the second Adam" and like adam was completely blameless (before Adam sinned). Also if Jesus did not have to die he would have lived forever. Just like Adam would have.

Quote:

Still hung up on that one huh? H2O can be a liquid, a solid or a gas but they are in essence the same. The Father the Son and the spirit are all the same thing but our tiny minds see them seperately. If we could see past the physical, we could see that.

Quote:
Somehow I doubt its the ONLY peace you'll ever see
... see, this is what ALL die-hard christians do. Rhuan used to do it, and now you are. NONE of them recognise other people like Buddha or Krishna or Confuscious as legitamate.
We Ahmadis on the other hand, ... we do. And we dont teach that Islam (or any faith at all) is the ONLY way to heaven - any good person can get up there. (dont know about mainstreamists though)

We recognize them as legitamate religions but not as paths to God. "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me." -Jesus

Quote:
That would be nice. Even though I love diversity ... hmm ....
Of course, it'd never happen. I still think concentrating on similarities to mend gaps is more important than emphasising differences in order to destroy a group completely. Like I said earlier, emphasising the differences creates prejudice and discrimination, which is the key factor in a lot of religious attacks. Whats more, they ALWAYS point out the negative things, never posititve, so only the bad differences are emphasised, for which there is ALWAYs an explanation.

Mending the gaps does not solve the problem. The problem is humanity has fallen, and there is only one way out. I emphasize the differences because its the only way people will ever see the truth. They need to know who their "prophet" really is. I swear to you I have no intention of doing hate crimes. The reason being, its not the peoples fault that they are deceived, it is my fault for not showing them the truth. Thats all I can do.

Quote:
Even if you destroy the ideology, people who want to do harm will always find an excuse to do so. In the middle ages, Christianity was the excuse. Now its Islam's turn. Sooner or later, the phase will pass and the violent people may well find a new ideology. Either way, they'll still be committing terrorism.

Maybe so, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. The crusaders werent true christians because they couldn't read the bible. Islam has ALWAYS been doing terrorism. From the very beginning.
"I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers" -Muhammed
As long as Muslims emulate Muhammed there will be terrorism.

Quote:
Only you never actually ever saw him. You only saw accounts of what he did.

They are very reliable accounts. Muslims scholars even say so.

Quote:
Question: when is Sirat Rasul Allah by Muhammad Ibn Ishaqand dated from? And who is Ibn Ishaqand (religion, race, etc, etc)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ibn_Ishaq

He was a Muslim who was born around 700 AD in Medina. His grandfather, Yasar, became a Muslim shortly after being captured around AD 634. Yasar’s son Ishaq began collecting traditions about Muhammad, and his grandson Muhammad followed in the footsteps of his father Ishaq. By age thirty, Muhammad Ibn Ishaq was recognized as an authority on the traditions about Muhammad. He compiled the most reliable sources into the Sirat Rasul Allah, providing us with the earliest, most accurate, and authoritative source on the life of Muhammad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Philosophy and Religion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: