[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Women in Islam
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Philosophy and Religion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats another thing, why are the women's section seperated from the men's section?
anusiya

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently men have less self control than women and so are more likely to get attracted to them, and prayer is an innappropriate time for this.

Trust me, men get the worse end of the deal.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
apparently men have less self control than women and so are more likely to get attracted to them

Does islam really teach that? So they wear these coverings and the men are still afraid of being attarcted to them so they put them in a seperate room altogether. Wow I had no idea Muslim men had so little self control. But I suppose that explains alot. But if women have more self control doesn't that make them superior? Shouldn't they be in charge of the men?
anusiya

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is now called "Hijab" has been around since a few thousand BC. Cyrus the Great used it in Persia to protect women's chastitiy. It then passed on to the Romans. All this before Islam started.

Quote:
Shouldn't they be in charge of the men?

A famous Hadis:
A man came up to Mohammad and asked about his parents. He asked "Which of my parents should I listen to more?" and Mohammad replied "your mother." the man said "then who?" and mohammad said "your mother." then the man said "then whom?" and mohammad said "your mother." the man said "then who" and mohammad said "your father."
Does that answeor your question?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The romans? If the romans wore the hijab, why is it not shown in any mossaics, or archeological records?

And regarding that quote of yours, give me a refferrence, I want to see the context....
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what is now called "Hijab" has been around since a few thousand BC. Cyrus the Great used it in Persia to protect women's chastitiy. It then passed on to the Romans. All this before Islam started.

That is simply not true. Prove it to me.
anusiya

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really should add these random websites to my bookmarks more often...

OK, i will find it sometime, but until then, heres a similar thing from Wikipaedia:
Quote:
First recorded instance of veiling for women is recorded in an Assyrian legal text from the 13th century BC which restricted its use to noble women and forbid prostitutes and common women from adopting it. Greek texts have also spoken of veiling and seclusion of women being practiced among the Persian elite and statues from Persepolis depict women both veiled and unveiled, and it seems to be regarded as an attribute of higher status.

and
Quote:
The boushiya is a veil that may be worn over a headscarf, it covers the entire face and is made of a sheer fabric so the wearer is able to see through it. It has been suggested that the practice of wearing a veil - uncommon among the Arab tribes prior to the rise of Islam - originated in the Byzantine Empire, and then spread among the Arabs.

personally i think that covering the body knees to shoulder is enough for everyday and then you wear a hat or something for prayer (a view shared by many other ahmadis). furthermore i believe its a personal choice - if a girl doesnt want to wear a veil in public, she doesnt have to.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe ahmadis give them a choice (there probably is some peer pressure involved though) but mainstream muslims do not do this. Women are REQUIRED to wear a covering in ever arab country on earth. There is no choice, and therefore is an agent of subjugation and an enemy of women's rights.
anusiya

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not so much peer pressure as cultural differences. Most ahmadis are indian, so they wear the dupatta when praying. I saw several english ones, and they wore caps - and were dressed like the men. I also saw an arab who wore a full burqa. however among them i saw saw many who just didnt cover their head at all once outside the prayer area.

Quote:
Women are REQUIRED to wear a covering in ever arab country on earth.

I swear Lebanon and UAE and similar places don't. I've seen photographs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they were probably tourists or something.
anusiya

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, they had a proper pass, not a guest pass.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to see this sometime. I just don't believe it.

But even if your right. Thats only a handful of the islamic countries on earth. And Lebanon and the UAE are TINY countries. The big ones like Iran, Afghanistan, Egypt, Saudi arabia, etc Those are teh ones I'm talking about.
anusiya

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should turn up at one of our Jalsa Salanas. I'm not sure if they do them in the US because I dont think there are many Ahmadis living there, but theres one every year in Germany, India, UK, Spain (i think) and several African countries. (If and when you go, also bring some cash and check out the bookstall)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to be honest. I am curious about your sect of islam because it is so vastly different than any other islamic sect out there. (At least from what you've told me) But I am still certain that you are wrong. Yeshua's sacrifice is the only path to God. He is not only my God but also my hero. I want to be Jesus. I love his lifestyle. I want to touch peoples lives like he did. I want to spend every second of my life in service to people. And I hope I die saving someone. Every day I want to be more like him and less like me. Do you think the same of Ahmad?
anusiya

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have to be honest. I am curious about your sect of islam because it is so vastly different than any other islamic sect out there. (At least from what you've told me)

TRust me, I havent filtered out anything that would negate my arguements - I've told you pretty much everything I know.

There's LOADS on the internet, esp at our site and at wikipedia (of course). Furthermore, if you do go to one of those Jalsas (if they have them where you live), check out the books and cassettes and things. There are also question-and-answer sessions with the Khalifa, and you can contact him with questions and things.

Quote:
Do you think the same of Ahmad?

I have to be honest, I am not exactly a very religious person, so, no.
However, I reckon the Khalifas and people like him would.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Philosophy and Religion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: