[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion For Future Possible 3 New Petitions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Petitions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Oppenheimer,

My intention for posting small sample of your past positions, questions and comments regarding British foreign policy towards Iran was intended to get your clarification for our misunderstandings . The following statement by you clarify some of ActivistChat members past misunderstandings.
Quote:
Oppenheimer wrote:
Listen Cyrus, if you think I'm in a state of denial about UK colonial history, please not to forget that I'm a citizen of the nation that kicked UK ass twice to gain its independance from colonial rule.

Good clarification.

Majority of ActivistChat members feeling regarding British Colonialist foreign policy towards freedom-loving Iranian people are not positive and as long as we don’t see concrete shift with actions to correct their past mischief, Britain should not expect major reduction in War of Words and blames against British Neo Colonialist foreign policy towards developing countries unless they make major corrections. Please don’t expect major shift on our side for few recent small steps by EU3 . The ball is in the EU3 appeasers court …… The freedom-loving oppositions and possible harsh words towards EU3 appeasers, Russia, China and UN must not be compared with Islamo-Fascist backward Taazi Terrorists …..

"Always stand on principle, even if you stand alone." ---
John Quincy Adams

"همیشه بر حقیقت متکی باش، حتی اگر تنها باشی"

جان کواینچی آدامز

Regards,
Cyrus

Last edited by cyrus on Fri May 19, 2006 2:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One irrefutable point is; when any Tom, Dick & Harry of the British Royal Family is going to pay a visit to TIMBOCTO, from six month or more, ahead the entire British Media blow into their trumpet for that up coming auspicious event! Is that right Mr. Oppie?

Then what happens when the Crown Prince of UK, the most important dignitary after the Queen flays to Tehran without prior information by the British till his photographs shacking hand with Khatami etc is suddenly published all over the world?

I would ask Mr. Oppie, how he interprets that kind of unprecedented bizarre action on the part of the so formal Brits?

Therein lies one of those "questionable" relationships I mentioned in a post above...however, times have changed radicly since the prince danced with the devil.

Put it this way, I don't think we'll be seing him doing any dances with the mullahs or Antar at this point in time.

The efforts to "engage" the regime, and thereby change its behavior through these types of interaction have proven useless to the Brits, as well as others directly in negotiation.

And at some point nations have to come to the conclusion that diplomacy cannot work under that premis, in the IRI's case.

The question that becomes relevent is "Can coersive diplomacy be effective in modification of behavior."

What you might call, the "next step" is being taken by the P5+1 (Permanent UN Sec. Members + Germany) at this point.

Now whether the premis of being able to modify behavior is a flawed one as well, only time and diplomacy will tell. ( not that I'm counting on its being effective. Nor do I think nations count on it being effective at this point. Given all the feedback they've had from the regime.)

Quote:
Oppenheimer wrote:

Should UK make reparations to the Iranian people (not the IRI, of course) for the colonial mindset of yesterday?

Dear Oppie,
Yes, I think the wise policy for Britain might be for Tony Blair who knows all their past British colonial mischief in Iran accept the share of guilt, dirty tricks .... and to make public apology to freedom-loving Iranian people not Taazi occupiers of Iran and move in the right direction to correct them honestly without any tricks, fully support Free Society and Secular democracy in Iran.
Regards,
Cyrus

Lets take a hypothetical and were the UK gov to finance NGO post regime efforts to restore working infrastructure of "provisional government" (meaning pre-constitutional referendum) , Judiciary, Police, Military, and finance only (not directly involved) those efforts in a post regime Iran , while other nations also pledge support and assistance to the formation of a democratic structure of the people's choice, would that be just recompense?

I think it is fair to say in any post regime situation, there will be a period of upheval inside Iran, and this can either be short or long, depending on the will of the people.

I ask the question because of the need for outside assistance in the interim period may be neccessary to its success.

One could probably count on the unfreezing of assets, but it takes big bucks to run a government, pay the employees, and rebuild that social infrastructure from scratch, as the Iranian people will no doubt be doing.

Spoken acknowledgement would be not unlike what the US did in publicly stating that it had left Afghanistan in the early 90's in the hands of warlords and terrorists. Thus the way the US has been in many ways forgiven in the minds of Afghans, is the massive aid put toward helping them rebuild their nation....litterally from scratch....the Afghan provisional government had I believe two pens total in inventory when it started.

Depends on how regime change takes place as to the level of rebuilding required, but I doubt the regime will just sculk off quietly into the night, having packed its bags.

-Oppie

Last edited by Oppenheimer on Thu May 18, 2006 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oppenheimer wrote:

Quote:
Oppenheimer wrote:

Should UK make reparations to the Iranian people (not the IRI, of course) for the colonial mindset of yesterday?

Dear Oppie,
Yes, I think the wise policy for Britain might be for Tony Blair who knows all their past British colonial mischief in Iran accept the share of guilt, dirty tricks .... and to make public apology to freedom-loving Iranian people not Taazi occupiers of Iran and move in the right direction to correct them honestly without any tricks, fully support Free Society and Secular democracy in Iran.
Regards,
Cyrus

Lets take a hypothetical and were the UK gov to finance NGO post regime efforts to restore working infrastructure of "provisional government" (meaning pre-constitutional referendum) , Judiciary, Police, Military, and finance only (not directly involved) those efforts in a post regime Iran , while other nations also pledge support and assistance to the formation of a democratic structure of the people's choice, would that be just recompense?

-Oppie

Dear Oppie,
Good question, this is considered as helpful, I will pass it to others for their review and consideration.
Thanks,
Cyrus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Petitions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: