[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Respect for Human Rights Deterioirates in Iran
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Payame Shahbanoo Farah Pahlavi be khanevadeh Mohammadi Reply with quote

Payame Shahbanoo Farah Pahlavi be khanevadeh Mohammadi

Message Of Majesty Shahbanoo Farah Pahlavi To Mohammadi’s Family

Source: http://www.farahpahlavi.org/akbarmo.html

cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Iran: Imprisoned Dissident Dies in Custody Reply with quote

"Every death in custody must be investigated.
But the failure to prosecute anyone for Kazemi's death
underlines the need for an independent inquiry into Mohammadi's death."

Sarah Leah Whitson, director of the Middle East and North Africa division at Human Rights Watch

Iran: Imprisoned Dissident Dies in Custody

August 03, 2006
Human Rights Watch
HRW
http://www.hrw.org/english/docs/2006/08/03/iran13895.htm

The Iranian government should immediately allow an independent investigation into the suspicious death in prison of student activist Akbar Mohammadi, Human Rights Watch said today. Human Rights Watch said that if responsibility for Mohammadi’s death in Tehran’s Evin prison on July 30 lies with the prison or other state authorities, the relevant individuals should be identified and prosecuted.

Mohammadi, 38, is the second inmate to die in the notorious Evin prison in the past three years. In June 2003, Zahra Kazemi, a Canadian-Iranian photojournalist, died while in custody there. Iranian authorities arrested her as she was photographing Evin prison. A few days later, Kazemi fell into a coma and died. According to lawyers for Kazemi's family, her body showed signs of torture. The Iranian authorities have not charged anyone in connection with her death.

“Every death in custody must be investigated,” said Sarah Leah Whitson, director of the Middle East and North Africa division at Human Rights Watch. “But the failure to prosecute anyone for Kazemi’s death underlines the need for an independent inquiry into Mohammadi’s death.”

Human Rights Watch called for an independent commission comprised of Iranian lawyers and medical experts to investigate and report publicly on the circumstances resulting in Mohammadi’s death. Human Rights Watch also expressed its serious concern for the health and safety of other prisoners held for their political beliefs inside Iran’s prisons.

The authorities arrested Mohammadi in 1999 following his participation in student protests at Tehran University. He was originally sentenced to death in September 1999, but his sentence was commuted to 15 years in prison in April 2001.

Several sources told Human Rights Watch that after his arrest in 1999, Mohammadi was severely tortured and ill-treated, leading to serious health problems.

Ali Afshari, a student leader, was imprisoned in the same wing as Mohammadi in Evin prison from March 2002 to October 2003. Afshari told Human Rights Watch that Mohammadi told him in detail of his torture and beatings. Another former detainee, who was also imprisoned with Mohammadi in Evin prison, and knew him well, confirmed that Mohammadi had been badly tortured and that his health had deteriorated.

Mohammadi’s brother, Reza Mohammadi, also stated that interrogators severely tortured Mohammadi after his arrest in 1999. “He was healthy before his arrest in 1999, but during his detention he developed several complications, including internal bleeding, injury to his spinal cord and lung infection,” Reza Mohammadi told Human Rights Watch.

In July 2004, government medical authorities determined that Mohammadi’s continued imprisonment endangered his health and that he required immediate medical attention. In July 2004, Mohammadi was released on an indefinite medical leave and reportedly underwent at least three major operations. He was receiving medical treatment in his hometown of Amol until June 2006.

On June 11, security agents re-arrested Mohammadi in his home without any warning and put him in Evin prison. The authorities did not provide any reason for his arrest. Mohammadi’s lawyer, Khalil Bahramian, was informed that Mohammadi went on hunger strike on July 25 to protest his return to prison. He said that, upon learning of his client’s hunger strike, he asked to visit him, but prison officials denied his request.

On Monday, July 31, Justice Minister Jamal Karimirad confirmed Mohammadi’s death in custody. He told reporters that “before his death, this prisoner [Mohammadi] was under medical supervision in the prison’s medical clinic and he had stated that he is in good health.” He added, “Ultimately, we must await the autopsy report by the coroner’s office.”

On the same day, the director of prisons, Sohrab Soleimani, said, “Last night Mohammadi’s conditions deteriorated and he was receiving medical treatment, but he insisted to be returned to his cell. Upon his return, his condition worsened again and he passed away while being transferred back to the clinic.”

Soleimani, who had earlier denied the reports, also confirmed that Mohammadi had been on hunger strike since July 25 and was consuming only water and tea. On July 25, when news agencies reported Mohammadi’s hunger strike, Soleimani said, “I absolutely deny this news – Akbar Mohammadi is not on hunger strike.”

“Iran’s judiciary is responsible for Mohammadi’s arrest, his torture and now his death in custody,” said Whitson. “Only an independent investigation can establish why he died, and whether he was tortured, beaten or force-fed. Someone must be held accountable for Mohammadi’s death.”
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Iran criticised over prison death Reply with quote

Iran criticised over prison death
By Pam O'Toole
BBC News

Source:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/middle_east/5239562.stm

The death in custody of a well-known Iranian student activist has brought international condemnation.
Akbar Mohammadi was jailed after joining pro-democracy student demonstrations in 1999, and had been on hunger strike to demand his release.

The US condemned what it called Iran's "severe repression" of dissidents.

Authorities say they are investigating the cause of Mr Mohammadi's death earlier this week, and say he was under the care of a doctor in jail.

Amnesty International said his death in custody had cast a pall over the entire Iranian justice system.

The organisation called for an independent investigation and post mortem examination to determine the cause of Mr Mohammadi's death and the conditions that led to it.

Medical care

US State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said Washington condemned what he called the Iranian government's "severe repression" of dissidents and its continued crackdown on civil society and those fighting for personal freedom.

Without elaborating, he alleged that the regime's actions had resulted in the death of Akbar Mohammadi.

Amnesty International alleged that Mr Mohammadi had been routinely tortured from the day of his arrest in 1999.

It also alleged that the information available strongly indicated that repeated delays or outright denials of adequate medical care by Iran's judicial and prison authorities had contributed to his death in custody.

The organisation also called for an independent investigation into his death.

Supervision

Amnesty said that Mr Mohammadi had reportedly undertaken a hunger strike, during the last few days of which he had refused liquids as well as solids.

However, Iranian prison officials have been quoted as saying that he was drinking water and tea.

Iran's Justice Minister, Jamal Karimirad, said Mr Mohammadi had been under intense supervision by the prison doctor, but had insisted on going back to his cell.

There his condition again deteriorated and he died on the way to hospital.

The Iranian authorities say the coroner's office is investigating his death. But a number of reformist groups inside Iran have also called for an independent investigation.
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dear Oppie,
Thank you for this post, excellent statement by State Dept. and strong condemnation for severe repression of dissidents by Mullahs. Freedom-loving Iranian people remember and appreciate US words of support and asking

Where is UN statement and actions?
Where is EU3, Russia, Japan, China Mullahs appeaser... statement and actions?

Regards,
Cyrus

Dear Cyrus,

You're welcome. As to your question, I have not had time to look for them.

Now that the issue has hit the major wire services, it may be addressed specificly if they haven't known about it prior....lot going on in the world.

As you know, EU has issued numerous condemnation of IRI human rights practices.

All the nations you listed voted "yes" on latest UN Sec. Council resolution on Iran.

Cyrus, you are an activist, why not write to all of them and ask them what they think?

Regards,

-Oppie
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Ahamad Batebi’s life is in grave danger Reply with quote

Ahamad Batebi’s life is in grave danger

Banafsheh Zand-Bonazzi

http://www.iranpressnews.com/source/015059.htm

Iran Press News: Ahmad Batebi, pivotal student leader of the July 1999 student uprising in Iran (pictured), who had been on furlough from prison for one year, was re-arrested at his home in Tehran on Saturday, July 29th. The Islamic regime’s hollow justification for the freedom-fighter’s abduction, is that Batebi’s furlough term had run out and that Batebi should have turned himself in. The regime’s judiciary and Ministry of Intelligence and Security therefore pursued and abducted Batebi who had married and was living a quiet life during his one year of furlough. For now however, Batebi’s whereabouts are entirely unknown to everyone, including his wife, Somaya, his parents and friends. Somaya Batebi says that her husband had vowed that should he be re-arrested, he will immediately go on hunger strike as protest against the Islamic regime’s oppression. She adds that the only thing that is known about her husband’s whereabouts is that he is being detained in an unknown location and not Evin prison where many political prisoners are detained and where Batebi himself had been previously incarcerated.

These days, as Iranians everywhere mourn the Islamic regime’s brutal murder of another student leader and national hero, Akbar Mohammadi [who was tortured to death on Sunday, July 30th, 2006, by the regime’s jailors], Batebi and all other innocent men and women, political prisoners in Iran should not be ignored. The Islamic Republic has now specifically announced that should their nuclear dossier be voted for referral by the United Nations Security Council for sanctions in the August round of voting, that all political prisoners, whether on furlough or in prison, will be summarily executed.

As the Islamic regime kills off Iranian patriots and freedom-fighters that fight against their tyrannical and archaic religious rule, they dole out money that belongs to the people of Iran to their terrorist flunkies. The Mullah regime cares nothing for the lives of the people of Lebanon and they are wholly responsible for creating the chaos in that hostage-country. The only reason why they are sacrificing the people of Lebanon and our own innocent patriots who are their prisoners is to buy time for their nuclear dossier and nothing else.

Tomorrow is too late.
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Cyrus,

This came via email, you may want to add it to your list of petitions.

http://www.petitiononline.com/MonicaZa/petition.html
To: Amnesty Internation, US Congress, Activistchat.org, daneshjoo.org
I just found out tonight, that my cousin Mohammad Majzadeh Ghaemmaghami is in EVIN 19.04 (209). Someone, a completely random person who apparently knows my mother, emailed me the information: http://www.komitegozareshgar.blogfa.com/ you can read (in farsi) that he is a student, that was arrested for participating in labor and pro-democracy protests these past few months. I just don’t know what to do! I’m worried sick. My mother is sick, everyone is. Please, I know that the more public I can make his case, that perhaps Mohammad has a chance of not being executed. Sign this, he is my cousin; an intelligent, handsome, freedom loving, peace loving student who was merely speaking his mind.
Sincerely,
Monica Zandi

-------------
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oppenheimer wrote:
Dear Cyrus,

This came via email, you may want to add it to your list of petitions.

To: Amnesty Internation, US Congress, Activistchat.org, daneshjoo.org
I just found out tonight, that my cousin Mohammad Majzadeh Ghaemmaghami is in EVIN 19.04 (209). Someone, a completely random person who apparently knows my mother, emailed me the information: http://www.komitegozareshgar.blogfa.com/ you can read (in farsi) that he is a student, that was arrested for participating in labor and pro-democracy protests these past few months. I just don’t know what to do! I’m worried sick. My mother is sick, everyone is. Please, I know that the more public I can make his case, that perhaps Mohammad has a chance of not being executed. Sign this, he is my cousin; an intelligent, handsome, freedom loving, peace loving student who was merely speaking his mind.
Sincerely,
Monica Zandi

-------------

Thank you for information, I will add it ASAP.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Lets Celebrate The New Symbol Of Resistance Reply with quote

Lets Celebrate The New Symbol Of Resistance, Freedom and Secular Democracy Akbar Mohammadi Who Murdered By Pro Hezbollah Islamofascist Occupiers Of Iran

To: All Freedom-Loving Iranian Compatriots (Right, Left and Center)

A Plea for Actions and Protest Against Injustice and Crimes Against Humanity By Pro Hezbollah Islamofascist Occupiers Of Iran: Lets Celebrate The Birth Of New Symbol Of Resistance and Freedom , Pro Free Society and Secular Democracy Activist Akbar Mohammadi

With our heartfelt condolences to family of Akbar Mohammadi, today all Iranian people are responsible to pay respect to our new Symbol Of Resistance and Freedom Akbar Mohammadi and protest.

We urged all freedom-loving Iranians both inside and outside Iran to participate in protest for freeing our homeland from Evil Pro Hezbollah Islamofascist occupiers of Iran to avoid another disaster and adventure of war by Islamofascist, if we the people can not Free Iran from Pro Hezbollah Islamofascist forces we should expect another major war soon, possible destruction of Iran like Lebanon in near future, the choice is ours to decide for actions and try our best to Free Iran before a new War starts.

What Can We Do NOW?

- If you live outside Iran lets Celebrate The Birth Of New Symbol Of Resistance and Freedom Akbar Mohammadi By participating in Akbar Mohammadi Memorial and Protest Against Islamofascist and Hezbollah Anywhere Every Week Until the Falls of Pro Hezbollah Islamofascist Occupiers Of Iran.

- If you live outside Iran participate in protest against Pro Hezbollah Islamofascist occupiers of Iran, educate and increase public awareness regarding injustice, free society and Secular Democracy .
- If you are living in North of Iran Visit and pay respect to the new Iranian Symbol of resistance Akbar Mohammadi Tomb in Amol, Iran
- If you live in Azarbijan visit Persian Hero Babak Khorramdin Castle to commemorate Persian national hero and his fellow warriors in their awesome fort of Babak. Babak was the leader of the Khorram-dinân, a nationalist group that rose against the invasion of Iran by Arabs, following the execution of Abu Muslim, who had rebelled against the Arab rules. Babak led a new revolt against the Arabs that was sacrificed his life for the liberation of his country from tyrant invaders in 837. ( http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8175 )

- If you live in south visit and pay respect to Cyrus The Great Tomb and Zahra Kazemi Tomb in Shiraz
- If you live in west Of Iran visit and pay respect to Ferdowsi and Khayyam Tomb
- If you live in East Of Iran visit and pay respect to Avicenna (Ibn Sina) Tomb
- If you live in Tehran visit and pay respect to executed freedom-loving Political Prisoners grave or Iranian Air Force Top Gun Hero General Ayat Mohagheghi
- If you have military training protect Iranian people protest against Islamofascist forces by any means.
- If you are old and as a family tradition praying to god then please pray in the direction Cyrus The Great Tomb not Mecca and ask for downfall of Pro Hezbollah Islamofascist Occupiers Of Iran
- Our actions must continue until the Pro Hezbollah Islamofascist Occupiers Of Iran is removed from power.

Leadership and International Condemnation:
The death in custody of a well-known Iranian Pro Free Society and Secular Activist has brought leadership and international condemnation.

1) Message Of Majesty Shahbanoo Farah Pahlavi To Mohammadi’s Family: http://www.farahpahlavi.org/akbarmo.html

2) Prince Reza Pahlavi’s Message on the Murder of Jailed Dissident:
Source: http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=29066#29066

“Seven long and terrible years of torture, abuse and maltreatment, tragically ended yesterday for our courageous compatriot, Akbar Mohammadi, with his murder at the hands of his jailers, who carried out the execution order issued by the security apparatus of the criminal clerical regime.
Akbar Mohammadi was a prominent student dissident and among the most courageous and important symbols of constitutional monarchists, who, in spite of the deafening silence of many among our opposition and diaspora, bravely endured untold sacrifices, spearheading our struggle against the evil autocracy called the Islamic Republic.
Akbar’s name will forever be inscribed in the annals of our history, highlighting our people’s struggle in general, and that of the students’ movement in particular. His courage, dedication and ultimate sacrifice will serve as a beacon lighting our way in our fight for liberty!
I share the grief of this tragic loss with his family and offer my heartfelt condolences to my compatriots, in particular to all his peers and friends in Iran and around the world.
May his soul rest in peace, while we continue where he left us!”

3) Sean McCormack, Spokesman Of US State Dept. :
Source: http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=29120#29120

“The United States condemns the Iranian government’s severe repression of dissidents, and its continued crackdown on civil society and those fighting for personal freedom in Iran. The regime’s actions resulted in the recent death of imprisoned Iranian student activist Akbar Mohammadi. Mr. Mohammadi died on July 30, reportedly as a result of a prolonged hunger strike, still in the notorious Evin Prison where he has been held for his role in pro-democracy student demonstrations in July 1999. Unfortunately, Mr. Mohammadi’s detention was not an isolated case.”

4) Sarah Leah Whitson, director of the Middle East and North Africa division at Human Rights Watch:
Source: http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=29126#29126
"Every death in custody must be investigated. But the failure to prosecute anyone for Kazemi's death underlines the need for an independent inquiry into Mohammadi's death."

5) AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL PRESS RELEASE:
Source: http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=29070#29070
Amnesty International is alarmed at reports indicating that following an inspection of Akbar Mohammadi’s detention conditions by senior officials he was administered a drug which may have resulted not only in his tranquillisation but possibly, as a result of a complication, his death.
Akbar Mohammadi’s parents arrived Airport in Tehran on Tuesday 1 August 2006, at 02:30 local time, from a visit outside the country. They were forcibly taken directly from the aircraft to awaiting vehicles and driven directly to their house in Amol, northern Iran. They were denied permission to see the body of their deceased son, as was his brother Manuchehr, who remains in Evin prison. At the time of writing, there are reports that the body of Akbar Mohammadi has been buried.

Why?

A Plea For Support , Demonstration and Memorial Attendance from all Freedom-Loving Activists around the world in our united fight against Terrorists, Islamofascists, and Fanaticism!

This is an invitation to join together in a worldwide demonstration against the Mafia Mullahs, Terrorists, Islamofascists, and Fanatics who intend to stop and kill the spread of FREEDOM, SECULARISM & DEMOCRACY around the World! Our unified presence in a worldwide demonstration will be the biggest blow to the Mafia Mullahs.

If you are against GENOCIDE,

If you are against TERRORISM,

If you are against FANATICS,

If you are against the MAFIA MULLAHS,

If you are against ISLAMOFASCISTS,

If you are against ALL HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS,

If your family has been victimized by any act of terrorism (Sept 11th Terror Attacks, Terrorism in Europe, Middle East, Asia and throughout the world), please bring a picture of your loved one/s to the demonstration.

If your family has been victimized by the Islamist Mafia Regime in Iran or is a family member of one of the over 150,000 freedom-loving political prisoners, torture victims, or Iranians who have been executed in the past 27 years, please bring a picture of your loved one/s to the demonstration.

If you oppose all terrorism and acts of violence against those who wish to live in freedom, then your support and unity with the Iranian people should not be based on whether you are a democrat, republican, libertarian, conservative, independent, green, left, right, or center, but should be based only on your belief that the destiny of the human race is freedom and the unending pursuit of our wishes and our dreams.

Freedom-loving Iranians and people of the world invite you to participate in one of the scheduled demonstrations, which are part of an overall offensive that is being launched against the Islamic Mafia Master's of Terror, who currently hold the Iranian people and much of the world hostage. Together we will destroy this fanatical virus that threatens to destroy all we have fought, suffered, and lived for, for so long! Our destiny is nothing less than absolute freedom, an end to political imprisonment, and the death of theocratic regimes everywhere!

What Should We Do Everyday?
1- Pass this information to others by any available means and ask them to participate and let them know tomorrow is too late.
2- Allocate at least one hour each day to work for freeing our homeland, Please don't expect and wait for groups or leadership and what others should do for freeing our homeland, take your own initiative and actions based on your specialty, experience and what you are willing to do to help freeing our homeland. Please do something that when disaster happens at least you can look at yourself in the mirror and say you have done everything in your power and your share to avoid the disaster....

How Can We Become Iranian?

It is the irony of history that in the land of Cyrus The Great, the birthplace of the first charter of the “Rights of Nations” and the “Declaration of Human Rights” over 2500 years ago, there is today no respect for human and civil rights by Pro Hezbollah Islamofascist occupiers of Iran. Cyrus, who was exceptionally tolerant of local religions and local customs and against slavery, is famous for freeing the 42,000 Jewish captives and allowing them to return to their homeland. His name appears twenty two times in the Bible. Were it not for Cyrus, it seems at least possible that the Jewish people would have become extinct in the fifth century BC and we would have never received their great contributions to mankind. Unfortunately, present day Iran is ruled by a small group of Islamic Mafia Clerics who are the embodiment of evil and have no respect for Human Rights in this land which is the birthplace of Darius The Great, Babak, Avicenna (Ibn Sina), Ferdowsi, Khayyam, Hafaz, Saadi and Rumi.

Top Harvard University Scholar Professor Richard Nelson Frye
Lecture at UCLA Royce Hall - March 13, 2005
- Iranian is a culture.
- The second occupation of Iran By Muslims and Arabs happened again with the revolution.
- Iranian poetry is world poetry, no one is better than the Iranian poets.
- Everyone in Iran is a poet.
Listen to an excerpt of the lecture - Real Audio (05:09)
Source URL: http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=28221#28221

Ferdowsi : The following is the highest level of code of ethics for all time defined for humanity from masterpiece of The Epic of Kings by Ferdowsi (935-1020) the World famous Persian (Iranian) poet. This is unmatched by anything that has been written before Ferdowsi :
“Crush not even the tiny ant that beareth a grain of
corn, for she hath life, and sweet life is a boon.”

"Human beings are all members of one body.
They are created from the same essence.
When one member is in pain,
The others cannot rest.
If you do not care about the pain of others,
You do not deserve to be called a human being."
A Quote from Famous Persian Poet Saadi Shirazi
( 13th century Persian poet, from Shiraz the birthplace of Ms. Zahra Kazemi)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
ActivistChat Appreciate Ambassador Hashem Hakimi Contributions and Farsi Translation Below

Farsi Translation By Ambassador Hashem Hakimi :
http://www.activistchat.com/WhatToDoForIranians.pdf
blank

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reza Pahlavi Demands Release of All Iranian Political Prisoners; Calls on International Community to Lend Support

http://www.rezapahlavi.org/articles/CallToReleasePoliticalPrisoners08032006.html

Following text is for our compatriots in Iran:

FAIRFAX, Va., Aug. 3 /U.S. Newswire/ -- In a tribute to Akbar Mohamadi, the Iranian dissident who died this week, while in custody of the Islamic Republic, Reza Pahlavi of Iran issued a statement eulogizing the selfless courage and commitment of the student leader to freedom and democracy. Praising Akbar Mohamadi's valor, in spearheading the struggle against the evil and autocratic regime of Iran, Reza Pahlavi said, "seven long and terrible years of torture and abuse, tragically ended for our courageous compatriot; Akbar Mohamadi was murdered, in effect, executed by the criminal jailers who carried out orders issued at the highest levels of the regime."

Akbar Mohamadi was among the first of thousands arrested in 1999 when students rioted, in demonstration against the tyranny of the clerical regime. He was sentenced to death, which, under intense international pressure, was commuted to 15 years in prison. Recently he had been released, on medical furlough, but was rearrested leading to his death.

Expressing outrage over the regime's continued irreverence for human rights, justice, transparency and civility; Reza Pahlavi issued three demands and called on the world community to lend its support for it:

1) The immediate, independent and internationally supervised, investigation into the circumstances of Akbar Mohamadi's death, and the speedy bringing of justice to all responsible parties;

2) The unconditional and immediate inspection of prisons throughout Iran, by appropriate International NGOs for the purpose of identifying and registering thousands of undocumented prisoners;

3) The unconditional and immediate release of all political prisoners held by the regime, estimated to number in the several thousands -- according to the clerical regime itself.

Reza Pahlavi, who has been leading a campaign of political defiance against the theocracy of Iran, called on all relevant international organizations, advocates of human rights, the international news media and democratic governments to lend their support for these demands and asked that they join in the growing calls for justice against the progressively brutal atrocities of the clerical regime of Iran.

Reza Pahlavi is the former Crown Prince of Iran, author of Winds of Change, the Future of Democracy in Iran, an accomplished jet-fighter pilot, and father to three daughters.
Spenta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been away for a while, but I am very sad to hear this tragic news.

this guy took so much cruelty and brutality and still held tight to his belief in freedom and justice. Both Akbar and his brother Manuchehr took so much from the filthy brutal Mullah$ and their hired thugz ... this is just heartbreaking

My deepest condolences to the Mohamadi family, who have spent years pleading every which way there is for the release of their sons.

Sadly this is not the first brutal murder of a hero, nor will it be the last. the saddest part of course is the apathy of the Iranian people who haven't done s.h.i.t. in the last 26 years as hundreds of thousands of brave young men and women were brutally butchered by the Mullah scum. the real sadness and tragedy is the mamlekatee ke hameentor neshesteh va heech ghalatee nemeekoneh dar barabar een ham e zolmat va koshtar behetereen bachehayash.
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dearest Spenta,

All one can do is strive in the face of all obstacles that lay before anticipated miracles.

One can never be said to "have done enough" when the task is still to be finished.

Nor can one be said to have "not done enough" unless success is deemed impossible and one gives up in hopeless despair.

Attitude is everything.

Be well,

Oppie
blank

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Payame Reza Pahlavi beh monasebate ghatle Fayz Mahdavi:

http://www.rezapahlavi.org/messages/Fayz-Mahdavi-death.html

"Lotfan dar pakhshe har che gostardeh-tare in payam ma ra yari namaeed"

Dabir Khaneh Reza Pahlavi
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Please help us save Kobra Rahmanpour from imminent execution Reply with quote

Banafsheh Zand-Bonazzi Email Broadcast wrote:

Please help us save Ms. Kobra Rahmanpour from imminent execution

http://www.petitiononline.com/kobra/petition.html

To: To: concern individuals,organizations and media

Urgent!
Save Kobra Rahmanpour from execution
Execution of Kobra Rahmanpour has been set to be carried out on April 15, 2005
we have got less than three weeks to save her.
Kobra Rahmanpour is a 22 year old woman, currently under the treat of being hanged by the Islamic regime of Iran . She had spent the past three years in prison and been convicted of murdering her mother in law by a kitchen knife. On the first of January this year she was woken up early in the morning to be told that she was going to be hanged that day. But the international pressure delayed her execution.
Kobra herself is a victim of poverty and injustice. She was born and raised in a family that could not even provide the mere necessities of life for its members. Her father is elderly and one of her brothers is disabled and there is no welfare system to look after such people who are in need. Kobra had to give up her ambitions of going to university, and in order to help her family survive, married a man 40 years her senior. But her life did not get better; in fact it was made hell by repeated maltreatment and abuse se received from her husband and his family.
In one occasion he was even arrested and imprisoned for physically and sexually abusing her. In the last incident according to Kobra, she was attacked by her mother in law with a kitchen knife in her hand. Kobra claims that she killed her mother in law in a self defence act.
Kora Rahmanpour’s life and misery is not unique. She is one of thousands and even millions of young people in particular young women whose lives, youth and ambitions are ruined in the hands of Islamic regime. The Iranian authorities are not fit to prosecute someone like Kobra. They themselves are the worst criminals in the world. They should be tried for the terrible hell they have created for people in Iran .
Execution for whatever reason is an inhuman act and the Iranian government has got a record in this filed. For the sake of justice we must save Kobra Rahmanour.
By signing this petition you will help us in our campaign to make Iranian authorities withdraw the hanging sentence of Kobra!
Parvin Kaboli
Coordinator of International campaign for the defense of
Women's Right in Iran
www. iran dwr.org Email: parvinkaboli@yahoo.se
Homa Arjomand Email: homawpi@rogers.com
Coordinator
The International Campaign Against Sharia Court in Canada
www.nosharia.com
1-416-737-9500

An open letter To all noble humans, and all human right defender bodies

An open letter from Kobra Rahmanpour

To all noble humans, and all human right defender bodies

I, Abolfazl Rahmanpour, the father of Kobra Rahmanpour pledge you to protest to the unfair sentence of my young daughter.

Kobra, my young daughter, was forced to marry a man, 43 years older than herself. Kobra was a good student in her school and her wish was to study in the university but she was forced to forget all of her wishes because of the extreme poverty of the family.

Kobra had a hard life before marriage and after marriage her life became even worse. the extremeness of problems and sufferings that she had to take in a family that look at her first a servant and then a daughter-in-law, was so much that made a kind girl like her to commit a murder in an accident and while defending herself.

Kobra spent the best years of her youth in the prison and with the threat of death. She has suffered so much and has completely fall. It is so many years that she can feel the execution rope on her neck and her life goes on with sensing death, she shouldn’t suffer more tortures. When look at her colorless eyes, fallen teeth, and senseless body I always ask myself what did I do wrong? What shouldn’t I have done? Whose fault is this?

As she has said herself she wants to live and she is scared from the execution, the rope and the crane. She wants to go to university and study. Kobra is a very kind girl, her inmates can testify that. She should be free as soon as possible to go back to her normal life.

Our only hope is the protest of you noble people to this unjust sentence. The only way of preventing this sentence is the protest of all of the people, human rights defending bodies, committees against the executions and international bodies. Just for a second thought what me and Kobra’s mother are going true to realize how horrible are this days. I wouldn’t mind to be executed instead of Kobra, is that possible? I have always worked from day to night, but I don’t know why our destiny went this way? I and Kobra’s mother have no hope to life or another thing beside Kobra. Help us. Save my Family, my disabled son who always asks about her sister, Kobra, from this horror of execution of our dear Kobra. We are waiting for your definite actions. We all ask you to sign this letter. I know that there is no time and we are in last seconds. I ask for your help once more, in these last seconds. Sign this letter to show that you also demand Kobra’s Freedom.

Send your supports to this Email: campagne.kobra@gmail.com

We will declare the names of those who sign in this blog: www.save-kobra.blogfa.com

AbolFazl Rahmanpour,

September 2006

CC: Amnesty International, Unicef
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press Statement
Sean McCormack, Spokesman
Washington, DC
September 1, 2006

http://www.state.gov/

Iran: Arrest of Student Activists

The United States is deeply concerned about the detention of a number of Iranian student activists, including the re-arrest of well-known student leader Ahmed Batebi.

Mr. Batebi was re-arrested while on parole from a 15-year sentence at Evin prison handed out as part of the July 1999 government crackdown on Iranian university students. Student activists Abofazl Jahandar, Kheirollah Derakhshandi and Jamal Zaher-Poor were among others detained in the past few days. Many of those arrested are being denied communication with their families and otherwise being held in violation of accepted international norms.

We call on the Iranian government to respect the rights of its citizens and to free Ahmed Batebi and all those imprisoned as a consequence of defending universally accepted human rights. The Iranian regime’s continued efforts to suppress freedom of speech and assembly make clear the hollowness of its professed openness to peaceful dialogue and debate.

2006/780

Released on September 1, 2006
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Released on September 15, 2006

International Religious Freedom Report Home Page

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2006/index.htm

Iran:

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2006/71421.htm

2006 Introduction

International Religious Freedom Report 2006
Released by the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor

Faith as a personal choice and an essential freedom is a cornerstone of the American character, rooted in the vision of our founding fathers. Freedom of religion has been one of our foremost liberties from the birth of our nation to this day, and the resolve of Americans to champion that freedom – not only at home, but also around the world – has remained steadfast. As Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has stated, "There is no more fundamental issue for the United States than freedom of religion and religious conscience. This country was founded on that basis, and it is at the heart of democracy."

Religious liberty is America’s "first freedom," enshrined in the First Amendment of our Bill of Rights. In the same way, freedom of religion is a cornerstone of universal human rights, for it encompasses freedom of speech, assembly, and conscience, which together form the foundation for democratic governance and respect for the individual. For this reason the growth of democracy we are witnessing today has gone hand in hand with a growth in religious freedom and other human rights. Freedom House, which annually categorizes each nation as "free," "partly free," or "not free" based on a wide range of criteria, including religious freedom, estimated that 44 countries were "free" in 1972, the first year that it released its country ratings. By last year, that number had risen to 89 countries. The number of "not free" countries, in turn, has fallen from 68 in 1972 to 45 today.

Yet, while democracy and respect for basic freedoms have gained ground throughout the world, many governments still pay no more than lip service to their responsibilities under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international agreements. In too many countries, governments refuse to recognize and protect religious freedom. A number of governments actively work against this foundational right. And in some nations today, violent extremists, exploiting religion in the service of an ideology of intolerance and hate, direct their attacks against those who seek only to worship according to the dictates of their conscience. Even as we stand together with those who rightly demand religious freedom, we stand firmly against those who, whether acting on behalf of governments or on behalf of organizations that manipulate faith for violent purposes, impede human liberty and democracy.

The Annual Report on International Religious Freedom was established as a means to help promote and protect this universal right. The report seeks to shed light in those parts of the world where religious persecution is perpetrated, and by that light to impede its progress. The very process underlying the report, of investigating, documenting, and protesting abuses, can help mitigate the violations. That so many endure beatings, torture, and imprisonment, yet remain committed to their beliefs, sometimes even to the point of death, is a testament to the strength and resilience of their faith. The Annual Report on International Religious Freedom testifies to this strength, speaking for the many millions who continue to suffer on the basis of their religious identity, belief, or practice.

This report is a natural outgrowth of our country's history. That which is precious to us, we urge others to protect and preserve as well. Our own record as a nation on this and other freedoms is not perfect. However, our imperfections cannot serve as an excuse to retreat from the challenge of working to make this universal right a reality for all humankind.

As the Ambassador at Large for International Religious Freedom, with responsibility to both the President and the Secretary of State as principal advisor on advancing religious freedom worldwide, it is my mission and that of my office to stand with those who seek and promote religious freedom, and against those who would stifle it. Under my direction, the Office of International Religious Freedom undertakes a wide range of activities aimed at implementing U.S. policy on religious freedom, working closely with colleagues in the Department of State and U.S. embassies overseas in order to bring the full set of diplomatic tools to bear on the issue. Through formal and informal bilateral negotiations with foreign governments, participation in multilateral fora such as the United Nations and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, cooperation with human rights and faith-based NGOs, and meetings with victims of abuse, we develop and carry out strategies to address persecution wherever it is found.

As we present to Congress and the public this eighth edition of the Annual Report on International Religious Freedom, I wish to express my gratitude for the strong and vigilant leadership of President Bush and Secretary of State Rice on this issue, as well as for the bipartisan support which Congress has provided. We all owe a debt of gratitude, as well, to so many who work in non-governmental organizations on behalf of the oppressed.

The good news, as the Freedom House ranking of countries shows, is that together we are making progress. But clearly, enormous challenges remain. "As the United States advances the cause of liberty," President Bush has said, "we remember that freedom is not America's gift to the world, but God's gift to each man and woman in this world. This truth drives our efforts to help people everywhere achieve freedom of religion and establish a better, brighter and more peaceful future for all."

It is to the courageous men, women, and children around the world who suffer because of their faith that we dedicate this annual report. May it provide some measure of encouragement to their aspirations and some hope that their story is not untold, nor their plight forgotten in the press of world affairs.

John V. Hanford III, Ambassador at Large for International Religious Freedom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 6 of 15

Jump to: