[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Respect for Human Rights Deterioirates in Iran
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Human Rights Groups Outrage Over Woman Execution In Iran Reply with quote

Human Rights Groups Outrage Over Youth Artist Ms. Delara Darabi Execution By Mullahs Islamist Invaders & Occupiers Of Iran..

naderdavoodi.net wrote:

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZfkG78k3rA

Mother and sisters of Delara Darabi at Golestan Gallery in Tehran. They are very worry for the possible execution of their sister/daughter.
Delara Darabi, 20, was sentenced to death three years ago. Now she tries to defend herself by painting. In her exhibition at Golestan Gallery Oct. 20-2006 she wrote: "these paintings are my swear to what I have not done. So maybe colors would return me back into the life."
Some of her paintings are done using only her fingers, nails, and a black color in the dark days of her loneliness in prison. In her first trial, she claimed that she killed her cousin so she could save her boyfriend’s life.
February 17, 2007

If You Want To Know About Root Causes Of Iran Mess By BU?

Over 30 Years Ago This Mullahs Islamist Regime Created and Installed By Joint British Intelligence (EU 3) and President Carter Coup Team ... Why These Evil Planners and Plotters Should Be Called
Blood Oil Islamist Terror Masters Appeasers Union [BU] ...?

For Answer Please Watch Video Interview By Dr. Evans and Decide For Yourself What to Call Them ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZfkG78k3rA

President Ronald Reagan wrote:

As the late Shah himself said in the interview "This was a very well orchestrated conspiracy from the outside". President Ronald Reagan in July 1980 said: "WHAT WE DID TO THE SHAH IS A BLACK PAGE IN THE HISTORY OF AMERICA". Since 1979, the British Foreign Office has imposed a D-NOTICE preventing their media to expose the Mullahs crimes."

Why Should We Call EU3 and Carter
Blood Oil Islamist Terror Masters Appeasers Union [BU] ..?

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=91F59DAADE96DCE7

Amnesty International wrote:
Iran: Outrage at execution of child offender Delara Darabi
Posted: 01 May 2009
http://www.amnesty.org.uk/news_details.asp?NewsID=18182

Amnesty International has expressed outrage at the execution in Iran this morning of Delara Darabi, a child offender executed despite an international ban on capital punishment of those convicted of crimes committed when under the age of 18.

Delara Darabi was hanged in Rasht Central Prison earlier today, becoming the second person to be executed in Iran this year after being convicted of a crime she was alleged to have committed while still under 18. Ms Darabi was executed despite her having been given a two-month stay of execution by the Head of the Judiciary on 19 April.

Amnesty International Middle East and North Africa Programme Deputy Director Hassiba Hadj Sahraoui said:

'Amnesty International is outraged at the execution of Delara Darabi, and particularly at the news that her lawyer was not informed about the execution, despite the legal requirement that he should receive 48 hours' notice.

'This appears to have been a cynical move on the part of the authorities to avoid domestic and international protests which might have saved Delara Darabi's life.

"This indicates that even decisions by the Head of the Judiciary carry no weight and are disregarded in the provinces.'

Delara Darabi was convicted of murdering a relative in 2003 when she was 17. She initially confessed to the murder, apparently believing she could save her boyfriend from the gallows, but later retracted her confession. She was being detained at Rasht Prison in northern Iran since her arrest in 2003, during which time she developed a significant talent as a painter.

Amnesty does not consider her trial to have been fair. The courts refused to consider new evidence that her lawyer said would have proved she could not have committed the murder. The human rights organisation had campaigned for her life since her case came to light in 2006, urging the Iranian authorities to commute her death sentence and calling for a re-trial in proceedings that met international standards.

The execution of Delara Darabi brings to at least 140 the number of executions in Iran so far this year. She is the second woman known to have been executed this year and the second child offender. Since 1990 Iran has executed at least 42 child offenders, eight of them in 2008 and one on 21 January 2009. These executions went ahead in total disregard of international law, which unequivocally bans the execution of those convicted of crimes committed when under the age of 18.

AHN wrote:

Human Rights Groups Outrage Over Woman Execution In Iran
May 2, 2009 8:40 p.m. EST
Source: http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7014993222

Mayur Pahilajani - AHN News Writer
Tehran, Iran (AHN) - Iran's execution of a 23-year-old woman for an alleged murder almost six years ago has sparked outrage among the human rights groups on Saturday.

Iranian authorities executed Delara Darabi on Friday morning in Rasht Central Prison in northern Iran since her arrest in 2003.

She was the second juvenile offender to be executed this year, Amnesty International said.

"[H]er lawyer was not informed about the execution, despite the legal requirement that he should receive 48 hours' notice," said Hassiba Hadj Sahraoui, deputy director of the Middle East and North Africa Program.

"This appears to have been a cynical move on the part of the authorities to avoid domestic and international protests which might have saved Delara Darabi's life."

Delara Darabi was convicted after confessing the murder of a relative in 2003 when she was 17, but later retracted her statement, Amnesty International said.

Darabi was executed even after she was given a two-month stay of execution by the Head of the Judiciary on April 19 in Iran.

"It appears that Iran's head of Judiciary has no ability to control even his own judges," Zama Coursen-Neff, deputy director of the children's rights division at Human Rights Watch, said in a separate statement.

"This is an outrageous violation of Iranian as well as international human rights law, and a callous affront to basic human dignity."

The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child - an international treaty to which Iran is a party - clearly bans the execution of offenders who committed a crime when under the age of 18, the human rights group said.

Since January 2005, only four other countries are known to have executed juvenile offenders: Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Pakistan, and Yemen.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Open Letter Of 13 Ph.D. to Clinton to save Alizamani Reply with quote

Free World's partner in peace wrote:

2009/10/10
13 Ph.D. to Clinton to save Alizamani
Honorable Hillary Rodham Clinton
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW Room 7226
Washington, DC 20520

2009/10/09

Dear Madam Secretary
We the undersigned request that you condemn the death sentence issued against Mohammadreza Alizamani who was arrested in recent events in Iran. The State Department spokesman should clearly convey your government's position and the consequence of this illegal sentence to the usurper regime in Iran.

Your government's humanitarian base and the U.S national interest, obligates you to morally support the pro freedom Iranians who peacefully rally in defense of their fundamental rights facing oppression and violence. Your government should at all costs also oppose the political death penalty and prevent murder and abuse of these cases.

We don't agree with Mohammadreza Alizamani's affiliation with a specific group, yet we support any pro freedom actions aimed to restore the human rights of all arrested during the recent protests in Iran and condemn the so-called revolutionary regime courts of injustice issuing orders for political executions.

The pro freedom green movement has bypassed Mir Hussein Mousavi and demands freedom for Mohamadreza Alizamani and all ideological prisoners and to close the Evin prison.

Free World's partner in peace,
Candidate signatories: Ahmad Ghoreishi Ph.D. , Asad Homayoun Ph.D. , Asad NasrEsfehani Ph.D. , Dariush Homayoun Ph.D. , Husein Mousavi Ph.D. , Jalil Doustakhah Ph.D. , Majid Majidi Ph.D. , Manouchehr Ganji Ph.D. , Masoud Ansari Ph.D. , Nosrat Vahedi Ph.D. , Shahpour Iranshahi Ph.D. , M.H. Ziai Ph.D.
blank

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amil Imani

The Islamic Republic of Torture, Rape & Murder

January 30, 2010

Rape in prison is a cruel invasion of the helpless victim. In addition to its physical torment and transmission of sexual diseases, rape reduces the victim to a subhuman status—an object for the use of others to be discarded when no longer desired. Most civilized countries sternly guard against rapes and sexual assaults in prison, although with less than complete success. Under the barbaric rule of the Mullahcracy in Iran, sexual assaults have become instruments of policy for extracting false confessions, satisfying the boundless sadisms and sexual perversities of the jailers, punishing the helpless victim and leaving him with the sense of dehumanization.

http://www.amilimani.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=170&Itemid=2
blank

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tribute to 2 more fallen heroes in the hands of Taazi islamist killing machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PojYfS5d3ds

Sudden and Unannounced Execution of Two Political Prisoners

http://www.iranhumanrights.org/2010/01/sudden-and-unannounced-execution-of-two-political-prisoners-audio-interview-with-attorney/

Nasrin Sotoudeh, attorney of Arash Rahmani Pour, told the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran: “Arash’s father spoke to me on the telephone today and he had not been informed of the execution. This shows that not only was the execution carried out in secrecy, but not even the families were informed. The law necessitates the Judiciary to inform the family of a defendant and to allow for due judicial and legal processes to take place in the presence of the defendant and his attorney. All of this was foregone in my client’s case and we heard about this in the media after the fact.”

Only hours after her client’s execution, Sotoudeh told the Campaign: “As Arash Rahmani Pour’s attorney, I was shocked to hear of his sudden execution. According to the law, no verdict can be carried out prior to its being served to the defendant. This verdict was issued in secrecy and and it was sent forward in secrecy from those who should have been informed about it, and it was only announced by the judiciary’s web site after it had been carried out. Arash’s sentence had no reason other than to create fear and intimidation. Despite what has been announced on the Revolutionary Court’s web site, Arash was not arrested in the post-elections events. He had been arrested in April, two months before the [June 15] elections at his home and at the time of his arrest, he was only 19. Many of the charges made against him pertained to the time when he was not yet 18. To be sure, Arash’s case is a juvenile crime execution, only this time a political prisoner was executed because of what he did before he was 18. During his entire arrest, imprisonment, and trial, there was a lot of pressure and many promises. First Arash’s sister was arrested. She was in prison for two months. She was then acquitted and released, but pressures she had endured during her detention caused her miscarriage. In the only meeting I was allowed to have with Arash for 15 minutes, he told me that during two of his interrogation sessions, his sister was brought to the interrogation room and seated opposite him. He was then told that if he wanted to be released he had to confess to the things that he was told. I was Arash’s attorney, but I was never allowed to participate in his trial. I insisted to be allowed to attend a trial session in August. Security Officers threatened to arrest me and took away my attorney license, which they returned to me later.”

The Tehran Revolutionary and General Courts’ web site announced that after “riots and anti-revolutionary actions of recent months, especially Ashura,” branches of the Tehran Islamic Revolutionary Courts have put several individuals on trial and have reached the verdict of death sentence in 11 cases. This report adds: “Sentences of 9 other convicts of recent riots are in appeals courts and should the sentences be finalized, they will be carried out according to policy. Heretics [moharebeh] and attempts to overthrow the Islamic Republic of Iran and membership in the armed anti-revolutionary group, the Monarchy Society of Iran, and the terrorist group, MKO, are some of the charges against the said individuals.”

Sotoudeh added: “In a letter I wrote to Head of Judiciary at the time, I stated that if such pressure is carried out against lawyers, it is hard to fathom what kind of pressure is carried out against the accused. At the same meeting where they kept me from attending the trial session, they asked Arash’s father to convince him to stand in front of a camera, and when his father resisted, he was threatened that if he didn’t convince his son to confess, he, himself, would be arrested on the spot. Therefore I have one question: if Arash had committed such a serious crime to warrant a death sentence, why was it necessary to put so much pressure on him? Why was there so much pressure to force him to confess to things he hadn’t done? For these reasons this sentence was completely illegal and unfair.”

Regarding Saeed Mortazavi’s role and the need to review all such cases in view of charges made against him in a parliamentary report, she said: “I was allowed to review the case once. I discovered that criminal cause was not established in the file. Arash’s indictment had been signed in an irregular process by Mr. Mortazavi who was the Tehran Prosecutor at the time. If Mr. Mortazavi’s charges are under review in the Judges’ Court after the report of Parliament’s Special Committee, all sentences issued under his indictment must be stopped and reviewed. I use this opportunity to state my concern for other death sentences issued. My clients Reza Khademi and Yaghoub Porkar have both received death sentences. The society has to be alert. I am concerned that my clients will be executed.”

Sotoudeh said: “I think all these sentences were made to create fear and intimidation. After the events on Ashura and the fear they have created in the rulers, they hurriedly made these sentences, encouraging and demanding judges to hand out heavy sentences. They even announced that they were taking a bill to the Parliament to change the laws so that executions could be carried out five days after a sentencing.”
blank

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A protester shout in the groin- Language warning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcgPDejmL30&feature=email

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivcu-xqg5es&NR=1
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Iran’s Shameful Performance Stuns the UN Human Rights Counci Reply with quote

Quote:

Iran’s Shameful Performance Stuns the UN Human Rights Council

http://www.iranhumanrights.org/2010/02/rejection-unhrc/

Duplicitous, Insincere Response Warrants Strong Condemnation in the March Session

(17 February 2010) As the review of Iran’s human rights record under the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) process concluded at the Human Rights Council in Geneva, the Iranian government demonstrated its utter lack of respect for internationally accepted norms by simultaneously accepting and rejecting recommendations of UN members with regard to addressing the critical situation of human rights in Iran, the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran said today.

“This was a moment of truth, when the world could see the Iranian government’s deceitful attitude toward international human rights norms,” said Aaron Rhodes, a spokesman for the Campaign.

After the release of the draft report of the Working Group on the UPR of Iran, the Iranian government announced its acceptance of several key recommendations, while it rejected the same recommendations made by other states, causing much confusion about its true intent. During the brief procedural response, several member states, including the representatives of the United Kingdom, Brazil, France, Austria, and Australia expressed their bafflement at Iran’s rejections of recommendations that Iran considered “to be inconsistent with internationally recognized human rights.”

Iran rejected the following recommendations under the above justification:

•Rejected “To ensure that the new Penal Code safeguards the rights guaranteed by the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, to which Iran is a signatory, in particular by defining or removing offences open to political manipulation, such as so-called “offences against national and international security,” currently used to curtail freedom of expression, assembly, and association. Thus Iran explicitly admitted to political manipulation of these laws by its Judiciary.
•Rejected “To invite the Special Rapporteur on Torture to visit the country,” as well as, “To allow the Special Rapporteur on Torture to visit the country, and to provide him with access to detention facilities,” thereby admitting its unwillingness to account for ongoing torture and physical abuse at its prisons.
•Rejected “To repeal or amend all discriminatory provisions against women and girls in national legislation,” as well as, “To sign and ratify the Convention to End Discrimination and Violence against Women (CEDAW),” demonstrating its continued commitment to practice discrimination against women.
•Rejected “To immediately halt the execution of juveniles and political prisoners,” causing concerns that imminent and further executions following unfair trials will soon take place.
•Rejected “To take immediate action to cease the practice of torture in detention facilities, and to investigate and prosecute allegations of torture.”
•Rejected “To ensure the immediate release of illegally detained persons.”
•Rejected “To guarantee the independence of the judicial system, renounce the staging of collective trials and allow the effective exercise of the right to defense.”
•Rejected “To end its sever restrictions on the rights to free expression association and assembly; and to end the harassment and prosecution of journalists and bloggers.”
•Rejected “To prosecute security officials involved in torturing, raping, or killing.”
Ironically, among the recommendations accepted by Iran are several substantially the same as those, which were rejected. This simultaneous act of taking contradictory positions on the same issues demonstrates the Iranian government’s lack of respect for international bodies and mechanisms, and for the essential rational-legal processes of the international community.

“The Iranian government is loudly telling the world that it cannot be trusted in international negotiations and interactions, has no ability to demonstrate sincere intentions to cooperate, and instead reveals contempt for the international community,” Rhodes said.

Iran: Widespread arrests of journalists and activists on the threshold of the 1979 revolution anniversary

http://www.payvand.com/news/10/feb/1078.html
blank

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another victim of a murderous islamist regime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ5Txm4zppM&NR=1
blank

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hizbullah and Iran Help Syria Kill Protesters

http://www.iranpressnews.com/english/source/097454.html
blank

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nazanin Afshin-Jam On Human Rights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRRm9X6xG34&feature=player_embedded
blank

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.iranpressnews.com/english/source/097701.html

Hussien Maleki, 25 year old blogger, sentenced to 15 yeas,
blank

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great article by Mr. Imani.

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/id.9418/pub_detail.asp
blank

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.iranpressnews.com/english/source/098084.html

Monday 09 May 2011

Reports from Ahvaz: 9 executed among them one minor

Iran Human Rights: According to the reports from Iran nine people, among them one minor, have been executed in the city of Ahvaz south of Iran.

According to the Persian section of Alarabiya (the news website of Alarabiya TV channel), Iran’s Judiciary has announced that nine people charged with murder of the security officers and committing acts against chastity, have been executed.

Quoting the website Ahvaz news, Alarabiya reported that three of the men were hanged in public in Ahvaz, while the other six were hanged inside the prison of Ahvaz. According to these reports one of those hanged in the prison was 16 years old.

According to Ahvaz news the nine men executed were identified as follows:

Three brothers identified as Ali Heydari (25), Jasem Heydari (23) and Naser Heydari (23) were hanged in public in the Hamidiyeh area west of Ahvaz. The executions took place on Thursday May 5th according to the report.

Six others who were hanged inside the Karoun prison of Ahvaz were identified as Amir Moavi, Ali Na’ami, Amir Badvi, Ahmad Naseri (22) and Hashem Hamidi (16 years).

All those executed had been arrested in connection to the unrests in April 2011 in Ahvaz, where several people had been killed in clashes between the security forces and the inhabitants of an Arab neighborhood in Ahvaz.

Mahmood Amiry-Moghaddam, the spokesperson of the Iran Human Rights urged the world community and the United Nations to conduct an independent investigation on the reports regarding the executions and unrest in Ahvaz.
blank

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islamic judges in Iran, routinly return severly abused children to their abusive parents. Imagine what kind of damaged new generation, if these children survive will turn into.

http://www.iranpressnews.com/english/source/098790.html

Thursday 19 May 2011

Judge returns severely abused child to abusive parents

Iran Human Rights: A judge in Tehran recently ruled yesterday that four year old Nima who was recently severely abused by his parents will be returned to his father after spending only ten days in Mofid Children’s hospital, according to the state run Iranian news agency ISNA. Nima is the second victim of child abuse in the past month.

"Nima suffered injuries from severe beatings from his parents who burned various parts of his body, including his genitals, and caused deep bruising around his eyes. He was transfered to the hospital on May 8th. Upon arrival at the hospital, Nima told the staff that his father had burned his body," said the report.

Mostafa Eghlima, the President of the Academic Association of Social Workers in Iran told ISNA, “According to the law, a father may refer to the Judiciary any time he wishes to collect his child.” He added, “Even though the legal proceedings have allowed for Nima to return to his father, we must [know] how the presiding Judge came to the decision that the father is qualified to care for Nima.”

According to paragraph 220 of Iran’s Islamic Penal Code, if the father or father’s father kills his child or grandchild, he will not be punished for murder. Physical punishment by a parent is permitted in Iranian Sharia law.
It sounds more like murder of children is permitted by Sharia law in Iran. Welcome to Taazi land!/b
blank

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inhumane treatment of children under Taazi occupation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xqNnEOSrrs&feature=related
blank

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Human Rights lawyer sentenced to 18 years.

http://www.rezapahlavi.org/details_article.php?english&article=576
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: