[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Double-talk is Disgusting, or How I was put into a predic...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Double-talk is Disgusting, or How I was put into a predic... Reply with quote

Doulbe-talk is Disgusting, or How I was put into a predicament
I recently received a message from haleh, saying that it would be beneficial for me to see a website, Iraniantruth.blogspot.com, implying that such a website is an example of a no-good, "regime"-favoring website.

So, I hopped onto my trusty webbrowser, and went off into the unknown territory. I was confused by what I found: On the one hand, there is an image link that proclaims: "Hug A Jew - Jews and Muslims are not the Axis of Evil!", which obviously warmed me to the site; on the other hand, almost directly under the image link is a box of text links, one of which is a link to the NIAC website - and I believe that the NIAC is an organisation that funds government-sponsored terrorism in Iran. It is clear, then, how I was getting mixed messages from this site.

Be that as it may - I was scrolling down the main page, noting various comments in posts that could be taken various ways, depending on your allegiances, when I came to a post that really, pardon my French, pissed me off like you wouldn't believe. I reproduced the post, and my response, below. Keep in mind, when reading the post and my response, one thing: I don't care if you choose to proclaim your stupidity to the world, but you better not do it by bashing George W. Bush. He has lead our country like no leader has since Ronald Reagan, and has done more for keeping the world safe and furthering the ideals of Freedom and Justice than any current world leader. If you "talk trash" about him, you are "talking trash" about me - and I don't stand for that.

The original post (by Nema):
Quote:
"Why am I not suprised Bush is calling for the death penalty? Oh wait, thats right, when he was governor from 1996 to 2000he only executed 152 people. I wonder if any one remembers this infamous event:
Just before her execution date, Karla Tucker appealed for clemency on the grounds that she had become a born-again Christian. Bush's reply: " `Please,' Bush whimpers, his lips pursed in mock desperation, `don't kill me' "
Or how about this beautiful piece: at the time that a law prohibiting execution of the mentally disadvantaged was defeated Bush states, "I like it the way it is." Now lets put aside the additional thousands of civilians that have died in war. Heck lets just not talk about his war record period. Its not neccessary for the moment. No. Lets just look at these numbers in perspective.
Fact 1: From 1991 to 1996 when Ann Richards was governor of Texas, the entire country had 170 executions.
Fact 2: According to the United States Bureau of Justice, over the span of years when Bush was governor the total number of executions in the country were 370. In other words, during that duration Bush accounted for over 41% of all executions in the country.
Fact 3: In June of 2000, Columbia Law School published a report stipulating that of the 131 executions Bush had overseen, 40 of those trials saw just one witness or no evidence presented by the defense. The most public of which was Victor Hugo Saldano wherein the State had its psychologist testify psychologist that Saldano was dangerous to society because he is Hispanic.

Now, there's more statistics out there which illustrate pretty clear that this man didn't exactly exercise what you call "self-control" when it came to executions. That being said, I wonder what other conclusions we can draw from these statistics. Faramin, an answer please?"

My response:
Quote:
"Fact: Saddam Hussein was a genocidal, oppressive dictator.
Fact: The American invasion of Iraq, and the subsequent capture of Saddam, has removed a threat that was apparent event to Hans Blix. The difference between Hans Blix and George W. Bush is that Bush doesn't need to check, and doublecheck, and triplecheck, and quadruplecheck, and so on, in order to decide that a danger to the world is a danger to the world.
Fact: Freedom and democracy are not bad things.
Fact: Opposition to freedom and democracy is a bad thing.
Fact: George W. Bush had nothing to do with the "making" of Saddam, just like Nema didn't stone a single woman.
Fact: Despite the fact that I am against the death penalty, I still think that a genocidal, paranoid dictator should be killed, simply because the world isn't safe with such a person around.
Fact: Those people of intelligence can see through the double-talk so regulary employed on this website."

Regardless of whether Nema's allegations are true (she/he didn't provide links to any of her sources, primary or otherwise, so I have no way of verifying their truth), they are irrelevant to the question of whether or not we did the right thing by kicking Saddam's butt. Furthermore, to call for Bush's removal for office, and yet rejoice at his capturing of Saddam, is despicably hypocritical. Word from the Wise: Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Secondly: I, as a Jewish American and lover of Israel, do not appreciate, in any way, shape, or form, the attempt by this false, two-faced website to "woo" me by playing the "We are the only Muslims who don't hate you because you're Jewish, so therefore you should love us" card. Speaking to the apparent authors of the website, Nema and Faramin - you insult my intelligence, you pieces of doggiepoo.

There's my rant. Read it and respond.

Note: I am posting this on the Artzeinu BB as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: