[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fight for liberty. There is no greater cause.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViaHHakimi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: fight for liberty. There is no greater cause. Reply with quote

fight for liberty. There is no greater cause.

From Steve Beren
September 11, 2005
www.steveberen.com/818886.html

As we pass the fourth anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, more than ever our nation needs unity, determination, and patriotism in support of the U.S.-led war against terrorism.

This war is real, and the enemy is real, despite the effort of the far left to refer to it as the "so-called war against terrorism." The enemy is real, its intention to kill and conquer are real. On the battlefield and in the Wahabi madrassas, the enemy is real and determined, not imaginary.

The war will not end with an "exit strategy." Like all wars, it will end only with the victory of one side and the defeat of the other side. Islamic fascist terrorism is not "just a word," but a flesh and blood political, ideological, and military force. For the United States to fall in defeat to such an enemy is unthinkable and unacceptable.

Yet the leaders of today's antiwar movement sometimes show varying degrees of sympathy for the enemy, and sometimes show varying degrees of opposition to the mission of our troops. And having myself been an antiwar radical during the Vietnam era, I know something about the true agenda and hidden motives of today's antiwar movement.

I have had many requests to re-post my recent Open Letter to Cindy Sheehan, and it is now available on my website. Also, I note some rather interesting parallels between the role of Cindy Sheehan in the 2005 antiwar movement and the role of John Kerry in the 1971 antiwar movement, so I also am directing your attention to my September 2004 article "How Communists Viewed John Kerry in 1971."

The Open Letter to Cindy Sheehan is available online at www.steveberen.com/949739.html and the article about John Kerry is available online at www.steveberen.com/743293.html

The liberation of Iraq is a central front in the war against terrorism, not a distraction from it. It is a war of necessity, not a war of choice, because the backwardness and oppression and lack of freedom in the Middle East is a breeding ground for terrorism.

We must deal with the root causes of terrorism, not merely its symptoms. The best way to attack terrorism at its roots is to spread freedom and democracy and modernity in the Middle East, breaking the bonds of oppression and exploitation that fuel a hateful ideology.

In that sense, Iraq is connected to 9/11, just as Egypt and Saudi Arabia and Iran and Libya and Syria are connected to 9/11. It is not a matter of specific operational cooperation in the 9/11 attacks. After all, in World War II, Germany did not invade Manchuria, and Japan did not invade Poland.

Rather, the oppression and lack of modernity in the Middle East, pervasive and powerful, is connected to 9/11 through a thousand threads of hatred, brutality, and propaganda. The oppression of the Muslim and Arab people by their own governments is truly the breeding ground for terrorism.

This is not a war "against Iraq" -- it is a war for the freedom of the Iraqi people. If successful, it will have a salutary affect on the rest of the region. For it is not just Iraq, but also Egypt, Syria, Iran, Saudi Arabia and other oppressive governments that oppress their own people, deny liberate, subjugate women as inferior, and propagandize against the West, against democracy, and against Judaism and Christianity.

This war will be long and difficult, because it is much broader than Iraq and Afghanistan. It is not a matter of "taking out" an individual dictator or terrorist, but a matter of defeating a political movement aimed at conquest and power. "Taking out" Osama Bin Laden or any other individual dictator or terrorist is a part of the war, but it cannot substitute for victory.

Victory means stopping the war drive of the Iranian mullahs, preventing Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons, and helping the Iranian people win the democracy and freedom they deserve. Victory means a fundamental transformation throughout the Middle East, including Saudi Arabia and Egypt.

Defeat by such an enemy is unacceptable, unthinkable. The U.S.-led war against terrorism is justified and a noble effort, one that will change the course of history.

Support our troops. Support their mission, which is the fight for liberty. There is no greater cause.

Steve Beren
www.steveberen.com/818886.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: