[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Panicked Mullah: Even Russia, China Will Abandon Us!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rasker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Panicked Mullah: Even Russia, China Will Abandon Us! Reply with quote

Regime reveals anxiety in the face of U.N. Security Council referral

Iran Press News: Translation by Banafsheh Zand-Bonazzzi

One of the regime's newspapers, belonging to Mullah Khamnei, attacked Mohammad El Baradei, Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency, accusing him of purposefully targeting the Islamic regime. The newspapers protested that El Baradei's report could be the basis for the decision to refer the regime's dossier to the United Nations' Security Council.

Ali Zaadsar, one of the members of the Islamic Parliament expressing anxiety regarding this matter, said: "El Baradei's report to the General Assembly will set the stage for our condemnation. Our trust in El Baradei and the European troika was naive as El Baradei and the Europeans cannot truncate from the United States in order to take the side of the Islamic regime."

Zaadsar continued: "It appears that China and Russia will also abandon the regime in the face of our nuclear dossier's referral to the security council."
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Rasker, as the Brits say....it's a sticky wicket......the mullahs have definately painted themselves into a corner....and the EU...well, I think they are in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't situation".....seems they are now able to piss off both the Iranian opposition and the mullahs at the same time....that takes some doing if you ask me.

maybe a handshake was the last Straw for folks in the opposition..(sic)

Fortunately, I think the opposition will see at long last, something to smile about in this next week to 10 days in terms of an attitude adjustment on the EU's part.

Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but I've gotta trust my gut on this one....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: