[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Terror in London - Tehran Sermon by Ayatollah Mohammad Amami
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Blank,

I read that post, and you should probably consider the fact that SMCCDI was just a bit busy with the demo at the UN. What I'd do is send them an email.

As for photo's , I'm really the wrong guy to ask, as I've had the same trouble forever...so I just live with it.

Cyrus may be able to help you on this question.

If you look at the bars on the top of the post screen, there's one labled Img....it may be like posting a quote, and the photo copied separate from text....just a guess.

I think I'll hold off on posting any suggestion, constructive or otherwise to RP sec. until someone tells me why RP didn't show at the UN demo.

Plus as I said, it's not really my place to do so....but I may change my mind....
American Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we had about exhausted the subject of Islamic terrorism and the US government's blindness regarding one of the major sources of it, Saudi Arabia. However some things have come up which I think are of interest. In reading the anger the Iranians have towards the British and French over their dealings with the Mullahs, I hate to think how the average Saudi feels about our close "friendship" with the Saudi royal family.

I am concerned to read on the internet that Saudi Arabia just purchased 5% of the stock for Fox News. This may just be a good business investment for them or may be another attempt to sway American public opinion into supporting the Saudi agenda. It certainly bears watching.

An interesting summary of one Iraqi's opinion of the Saudis is at http://hammorabi.blogspot.com/ under The Source of Terrorism 9/27/05. Although the USA didn't have anything to do with setting up the royal family and it was at their initive that we first developed treaties with them, by our appearance of unconditional support for the royals, we have probably deeply compromised ourselves in the eyes of the average Saudi citizen.

Anyhow, I honor president Bush for doing more than many previous presidents have done, but in my opinion, we still have a way to go to get our policy right in the Middle East. Until we recognize the genuine fanaticism which is promoted by the Wahhabis with Saudi money, we will make limited progress with our war on terror. The Mullahs and the Saudi royals have similar competing goals, however the Saudis seem to be much smarter in promoting their agenda with slick advertising and deceptions rather than the hamfisted agressive rheteric of the present leaders of Iran.

In the long run our interests and those of the Saudis may be better served if the US distanced itself from that regime. We don't have to be agressive, but we should be sure all our troops are off their lands and not give the appearance that the Saudi royals are "our men." Even if China or some other country steps in and becomes their "special frineds" morally we would be in the clear and could do more to provide leadership in establishing freedom.
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Visitor,

Considering that this is an Iranian forum, and that topics posted are generally regarding things Iranian in nature, I find it a bit odd that you don't take part in some of the very interesting discussions regarding subjects of interest to you (namely Islamic fundementalist Extremism) that abound on the news section.

Since you wish to have a discussion about Saudi Arabia, I will refrain from entertaining a discussion with you about that topic, out of respect for the premis and purpose this forum was established for....which is to discus Iranian issues.

There is this following item however that is a "crossover", and relevent to Iranian issues.

Regards,

Oppie

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 1:05 p. m. EDT
Presenter: Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld and Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Richard Myers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defense Department Briefing

(excerpts)

Q Secretary, this week the Saudi foreign minister, Prince Saud al-Faisal, said many times that the Iranian intervention in Iraq will have negative impact on the region.

SEC. RUMSFELD: We agree.

Q Do you agree with him?

SEC. RUMSFELD: Yeah.

Q Kind of a related question maybe for both of you. We're talking about Zarqawi is the number one target in Iraq; obviously Osama bin Laden, Ayman al Zawahiri is still alive. How much do you think the fact that these three are still at large has hurt the wider effort against terrorism in terms of symbolism? We know that these are just individuals; there are many in the ranks; there will be for many years to come. But there seems to be a lot of experts, people in other countries, particularly in that part of the world, who will say the fact that the United States has not killed or captured these top three has really hurt the overall American effort just in terms of symbolism; that young recruits out there see that their leaders, or their inspirers, if you will, are still on the run and, you know, the greatest army in the world can't find them.

GEN. MYERS: I would say that -- you've named three individuals. I don't know how many al Qaeda leaders that we have captured, but we've -- I mean, it's over 600 of their leadership. The leadership that was sitting on 9/11 have all been, except for the ones you mentioned, have been wrapped up. We have to keep redoing our charts. And the last one was al-Libbi.

So we're -- you know, I don't think they would take much heart out of the fact that there are three at the top that are still remaining. I think the conclusion they would probably draw is that the coalition, along with our friends and allies in this -- and I'd say notably Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, those countries and others that have gone very aggressively after the al Qaeda -- are having some effect. I mean, the leadership -- al Qaeda leadership in Saudi Arabia has, again, been virtually wiped out. This is -- I don't think that's what they'd be saying. I think they'd be saying, "Gee, it's getting hard to have a poker hand around here. "
American Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard some good things about Karen Hughe's visit to the Middle East. I hope she has a successful trip and comes back with some good ideas.

I don't know enough to decide if this suggestion has any merit, but here goes. What about the Iranian revolutionaries who were detained by the US in Iraq? Can they be allowed to fight to liberate their country, or are they too radical? Iran is trying to start a gorilla war against the coalition in Iraq, why don't we turn the tables and use Iraq and Afghanistan as bases for Iranian gorilla forces? Would the Iraqi and Afghanistani people object? Can the Kurds and the Persians work together, or are their differences too great?
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Visitor,

I think you'll find the answers among the various topics here...and how folks regard the MEK....but you'll just have to poke around a bit.
American Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize the Iranian opposition is divided and that must make the Mullahs very happy. Ideally the various groups could find enough common ground to launch a coordinated attack on the Mullahs and overthrow them. They can then wrangle about how to set up their new democratic country through popular vote and open debate. If they can't work together while agreeing to disagree on some issues, the Mullahs remain in power.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: