[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ebadi gives anti-US show in Oslo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Ebadi gives anti-US show in Oslo Reply with quote

Iran's Ebadi Collects Nobel, Takes Swipe at West
Reuters - World News
Dec 10, 2003

OSLO - Iran's Shirin Ebadi became the first Muslim woman to receive the Nobel Peace Prize Wednesday and sent a bold anti-war message to the West, accusing it of hiding behind the Sept. 11 attacks to violate human rights.

Reformist lawyer Ebadi, who was recognized for her work for the rights of women and children in Iran, was handed the prize by the head of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, Ole Danbolt Mjoes, at a glittering ceremony at the Oslo City Hall.

Ebadi slammed the U.S. administration for double standards in ignoring U.N. resolutions in the Middle East, while using them as a pretext to go to war in Iraq. The audience included Hollywood couple Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones, star hosts of Thursday's Nobel concert.

"In the past two years, some states have violated the universal principles and laws of human rights by using the events of Sept. 11 and the war on international terrorism as a pretext," she said in a prepared acceptance speech.

"Regulations restricting human rights and basic freedoms ... have been justified and given legitimacy under the cloak of the war on terrorism."

Wearing no headscarf for the ceremony, the 56-year-old who won the $1.4 million prize for her work for the rights of women and children in Iran, lashed out at what she called breaches of the Geneva conventions at the U.S. Guantanamo Bay military jail.

Ebadi said Guantanamo prisoners had been "without the benefit of the rights stipulated under the international Geneva conventions, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the (U.N.) International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights."

Ebadi, Iran's first female judge before the 1979 Islamic revolution forced her to step aside in favor of men, said it was worrying that human rights were violated by the same Western democracies that had initiated the principles.

The laureate said she, like other human rights activists, questioned why some U.N. resolutions were binding to the West and others were ignored.

Ebadi, who has become a symbol of reformist hope in Iran while labeled a political stooge of the West by conservative clerics, also pointed a finger at her own government, urging Tehran to accept that reform is inevitable.

"In fact, it is not so easy to rule over a people who are aware of their rights, using traditional, patriarchal and paternalistic methods," she said.

Instead of attacking mullahs' human rights violations and the other regional leaders' violations of human rights, she preferred to attack the democratic nations

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

she is the usual Nobel Prize winner like the past winners Arafat,Carter,Kissinger,etc..all people which disrespect the human rights..

Oslo is Oslo is Oslo !

Of course you couldn't expect that they award an iranian living in the H-LL of the Islamic Regime such as Ahmad Batebi

Of course,the mullahs will be more than happy that she renounced to do this speech against them..they are proud of her

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Sasan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now don't kill me for saying this, but: Your lack of knowlege really hurts me. Crying or Very sad Do you even know who Batebi's lawyer was??Why his verdict was reduced from death to eight months? No, i didn't think so! Arn't you a girl, well if you are, you should be glad, that someone makes it easier for girls and the younger ones in Iran! No really, correct me if I'm wrong. Who cares about Arafat, don't compare Arafat whit Ebadi. Man we have to thank people like Ebadi for changing Iran, she actually does something about the situation. She doesn't sit on her ass all day writing **** that doesn't help the country a bit! No offense, but that's what all of you people are doing, including my brother Saman. It's good that you people care, but what does it help? I'm sorry man, but that's the truth. You either get your ass down to Iran, and actually do something, or you sit quiet, not criticizing those who actually "got the balls to do it"!

PS. of course there are other people who also deserves a price or two, but that doesn't mean that Ebadi doesn't deserve it!
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Ebadi is another Khatami Game by EU against U.S. and Iranian Reply with quote

Sasan wrote:
Now don't kill me for saying this, but: Your lack of knowlege really hurts me. Crying or Very sad Do you even know who Batebi's lawyer was??Why his verdict was reduced from death to eight months? No, i didn't think so! Arn't you a girl, well if you are, you should be glad, that someone makes it easier for girls and the younger ones in Iran! No really, correct me if I'm wrong. Who cares about Arafat, don't compare Arafat whit Ebadi. Man we have to thank people like Ebadi for changing Iran, she actually does something about the situation. She doesn't sit on her ass all day writing **** that doesn't help the country a bit! No offense, but that's what all of you people are doing, including my brother Saman. It's good that you people care, but what does it help? I'm sorry man, but that's the truth. You either get your ass down to Iran, and actually do something, or you sit quiet, not criticizing those who actually "got the balls to do it"!

PS. of course there are other people who also deserves a price or two, but that doesn't mean that Ebadi doesn't deserve it!

Dear Sasan and Fellow Activists,
Stefania is right about Ebadi, her speech was similar to Khatami at the begining.
Ms. Ebadi speech today opened her hand completely as another Khatami by EU plotters and planners and we should consider her as history and we don't need to waste much time on her anymore and if you agree with the following logic please inform other fellow activists in Iran to ignore her, and don’t become happy that she can change anything for you.
Why?
She insists human rights can go hand in hand with Islam, this is a seed for creating a new version of Islamists Rapist and another delay tactic for Islamic Regime fall, creating Khatami the second and further plundering of Iranian resources by the EU and Clerics.
We know what is the real Islam …..:
"If the books herein are in accord with Islam,
then we don't need them.
If the books herein are not in accord with Islam,
then they are kafir (of the infidel)"

In order to free our homeland from Islamic Clerical Mafia Regime the logical priorities for our resistance can be defined as follows:
1- Stop torture in Iran.
2- Free All political Prisoners Now ( Over 30,000)
3- Free Referendum by well respected International Organization.
4- Kazemi Case.
5- Over 120,000 political execution in past 25 years by Islamic Clerical Regime
6- Target Islamic Clerical Mafia Regime
7- Campaigning against England foreign policy over past 25 years, both Jack and Tony Blair and British Establishment are fair game as long as they are supporting the Islamic Clerical regime.
8- Campaigning against France foreign policy over past 25 years as long as they are supporting the Islamic Clerical regime.
9- Campaigning against Germany foreign policy as long as they are supporting the Islamic Clerical regime.
10- Campaigning against Other EU countries foreign policy as long as they are supporting the Islamic Clerical regime.
11- Due to the fact that president Bush is the only President who has supported Iranian people by words not real action therefore it is not in our struggle interest to attack president Bush as long as the U.S. has not made any direct deal with the Islamic Clerical Regime. If and when any person in the Bush administration is making such a dirty deal with Islamic regime and we have a real proof then it is a fair game to campaign against U.S. administration.

To please Islamic Clerics Sludge and their EU supporters, Ms. Ebadi avoided first top 10 in priority list and focused on U.S. foreign policy only, we are not fool Ms. Ebadi .

Freedom of our homeland should be the top priority. Our struggle today is not about history it is about today and future. Iranian Activists should form their small group and go after above targets based on your team expertise, strength and amount of time you have please don’t wait for others to tell you what to do. The targets and strategy can change with policy changes in the above countries. Please remember don’t put all your hope in any one strategy in very dynamic world.

Last edited by cyrus on Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spenta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the suffering in Iran, the torture and the horrors of political prisoners, her only aggressive remarks addressed the rights of Palestinians and a bunch of terrorist Taliban held in Guantanamo? Gimme a break ! Ebadi is doing everything imaginable to discredit herself!

There is nothing that Stefania or anyone else could say about her at this point that is deiscreditting her as much as what she herself is saying. She has wasted an opportunity with the whole world watching, instead of helping her own suffering nation.

I have Zero respect for her!
HarmonicSymphony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: there Reply with quote

Spenta wrote:
With all the suffering in Iran, the torture and the horrors of political prisoners, her only aggressive remarks addressed the rights of Palestinians and a bunch of terrorist Taliban held in Guantanamo? Gimme a break ! Ebadi is doing everything imaginable to discredit herself!

There is nothing that Stefania or anyone else could say about her at this point that is deiscreditting her as much as what she herself is saying. She has wasted an opportunity with the whole world watching, instead of helping her own suffering nation.

I have Zero respect for her!

All one needs to do is go to any websites/news which actually discuss realpolitik and the truth of current situation and see that they already have figured out that Ebadi is not going to do anything significant in regards to Iranian Democracy and FREE REFERENDUM. Do a search for Ebadi and you'll find TONS and TONS of sites and articles discussion how she is a pawn. Everyone=, especially the whitehouse sees it.. Hopefully Michael Ledeen will come out with something powerful!!!!
stefania

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite she invites to go to vote, the people will boycott the elections!

Reforms are not possible..

Referendum is the only way!

dIvInItY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
Despite she invites to go to vote, the people will boycott the elections!

Reforms are not possible..

Referendum is the only way!

one word:

EXACTLY
stefania

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

many Iranians in Iran are pro-American and even pro-Israel. I organized an important conference in my city with kaveh Mohseni,a SMCCDI-Daneshjoo.org member and he told me that most of the Iranians are disappointed by her and that before we Westernrs knew that she won the prize,many Iranians already knew that.

And Kaveh said that she is close to Khatami..
After all, Europe can be easily decieved by the Khatami's comrades.. She has been appointed by some Khatami's boys in Europe in a moment in which the regime is facing numerous threats at international level..

To convince Europe to continue to do business with them and that the "reformists" are good, they do whatever they can..

Oslo is Oslo is Oslo..

Carter,Arafat,etc...

Saman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sasan wrote:

Sasan jaan aziz. There are plenty of people in Iran taking a far more tougher stand than Ebadi and are actually advocating a fundemental change. Edabi doesn't do this, she respects and upholds the law of the islamic republic. While most people want islam out of politics, she still wants it to play a significant role. Thus she dissapoints many who are striving for freedom in Iran.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: