[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Referendum- its history in Iran

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Referendum- its history in Iran Reply with quote

Ba dorood:

The first one was during Nadershah's era when in Dasht Moghaan, he asked to know if Iranians would like to choose Suni over Shia.

The second referendum was by none other than LATE DR. MOSADEQ.

His was not even right!!! He held the referendum limited to the folks living in the cities. In other words, majority was not included in the referendum.

The last one was in 1979, which also did not include ALL IRANIANS.

As an example, Kurdistan was not included in any of the voting for referendum. Did you know that?!!

Iranian Kurdish were not the only ones excluded from the 1979 referendum but many other places were excluded as there was WAR going on!!! Iranian Turkmen, Balouch, and many small towns were excluded from the 1979 referendum!!!

Many of us believed that it was an overwhelming turn out and included vast majority.... I don't think so.

I have the newspapers of the time (Islamic Referendum) and you can simply see as it was not covering the entire country. Please do not tell me 90% plus was the return without telling me what was the absolute numbers who voted.

So, have we ever had a referendum that included ALL Iranians?!!

No, we have not.

Even when Nader posed the question, it was not completed as he was killed!. Nader was Suni.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: