[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

France's Rushdie Affair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: France's Rushdie Affair Reply with quote

France's Rushdie Affair

By Stephen Brown
FrontPageMagazine.com | November 21, 2003

“...I hope someone slits your throat, you dirty, Jew pig...”

France, once the land of Enlightenment, is turning into a place of darkness, thanks to Islamist fanaticism.

Death threats like the one above have forced a French publishing house to cancel plans this month to publish a translated version of American author Robert Spencer’s book, Islam Unveiled: Disturbing Questions About The World’s Fastest Growing Faith.

The book, published last year in the United States, has sold 30,000 copies in its English-language edition and is found in nearly every public and university library in North America. Its author has appeared on numerous radio and talk shows to discuss his work, which, he says, is meant to enlighten an uniformed public about Islam.

Extremists in France are angry because Islam Unveiled contests conventional wisdoms held in the West about Islam. Basing his arguments on evidence found in the Koran, the author maintains that Islamist terrorists like bin Laden are simply obeying the Muslim holy book, which they regard as the literal word of God, in attacking Western targets. In other words, the terror masters are not perverters of their faith as some claim.

Spencer also shows that the Koran, if literally interpreted, makes Islam incompatible with Western concepts of human rights, liberal democracy and women’s equality. Islam Unveiled reveals how disturbingly widespread the literal interpretation of the Koran is in the Muslim world and the devastating consequences this has had, and is still having, for its religious minorities, as evidenced by the recent synagogue bombings in Istanbul.

Soon after the book’s publication was approved in France last April, its translator, French writer Guy Milliere, began to receive death threats.

“I sent him (the publisher) the translation of the first thirty pages,” said Milliere in a written interview. “A couple of weeks later I started to receive death threats by e-mail: ‘You must be an enemy of Islam; you will die for what you do’; ‘You must be a Jew; I hope somebody will slit your throat, you dirty Jew pig’, etc...I asked the police to act; I have received no answer.”

Milliere adds that the intended publisher, Yves Michalon, also received death threats. Moreover, opposition to the book’s publication in France came not only from outside, but also from within the publishing house, which bears the publisher’s name. According to Milliere, one of Michalon’s assistants told him that if he published the book, he would resign, because it was “racist.” He also said he would go to the media with this charge.

“My publisher preferred to give it up,” said Milliere. “But he is a nice man, and a bold one; he asked me to write a book about what happened.”

For his part, Spencer calls the cancellation of his book’s publication “...a symptom of the Islamic agenda in France and the silencing of non-Muslims as ‘dhimmis’.”

“What you have here is a subjugation of public opinion in France,” he said. “It’s ironic. If you don’t say Islam is a religion of peace, they will kill you. My book doesn’t advocate murdering anyone. It only investigates questions about Islam, but it is so threatening that they’ll kill to silence it.”

Spencer adds that the cancellation also represents “another triumph for the subservient mentality to Islam” prevalent in countries like France. It is also, he said, a condemnation of the Christian heritage by Christians themselves.

“If France just acquiesces to threats and intimidation while allowing radical Muslims to spread their message unhindered, it bodes ill not only for their society, but for the West,” he warns.

But French society is so sick it is probably beyond help, if a book published there last year is anything to go by. While people are threatened with death over publication of Spencer’s work, the novel Rever la Palestine (Dream of Palestine) faced no apparent obstacles in reaching the booksellers. Published by France’s third-largest publishing house, Rever is intended for young people and concerns Palestinian teenagers fighting against “bloodthirsty Jews, who assassinate children, and old people, profane mosques, and rape Arab women.”

The fifteen-year-old author, an Egyptian living in Italy, has one of the book’s characters calling for a Jihad against the Jews, while the main character becomes a suicide bomber who kills five Israelis. The Wiesenthal Center asked the Amazon websites in Germany and France, as well as other Franch websites, not to sell the book, calling it outrageous, an incitement to racist violence and a validation of terrorism.

As for the stillborn Islam Unveiled, Milliere says he will now try to get another publisher for the book, possibly in Switzerland. He says free speech concerning Islam doesn’t exist anymore in France.

“The media, the politicians, etc., they all say Islam is a religion of peace and love,” he said. “It’s almost impossible to say anything different. A new word has appeared in debates: ‘Islamophobia’. It means any critic of Islam is racist. Nobody in France now can criticize Islam or make a joke about it without ending up in jail."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen Brown is a journalist based in Toronto. He has an M.A. in Russian and Eastern European Studies. Email him at alsolzh@hotmail.com.

That 15-years old girl,an Italian of Egyptian origin,often is invited to some debateo on TV and she promotes her anti-semitic book,and recieve the praises of the journalists.

What a shame..

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAN YOU IMAGINE??? WHOEVER CRITIZES ISLAM IS LABELED AS A RACIST!! NOW YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THE LIES AGAINST ORIANA FALLACI AND SALMAN RUSHDIE-
IT REMINDS ME OF SIMILARITIES WITH THE CHURCH WHEN IT PUT ON FIRE THE FAMOUS "ERETICS"..

THIS HAPPENS IN EUROPE!!
WHAT WE MUST EXPECT IN THE FEW NEXT DECADES?

AT THIS POINT, THE MUSLIMS IN EUROPE MAY LABEL ALL THE IRANIANS WHO CRITIZE ISLAM AS RACISTS???

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that Italian-Egyptian girl often on the TV where she is free to insult the "Jewish race" openly. All this,while Oriana Fallaci is being persecuted by half a world for her free opinions on Islam.

Don't believe to the Fanatic muslims' claim that she is racist. These are the same accusation made against Salman Rushdie,by a pro-Khomeini Europe.
She has often attacked the Vatican and the Church.She is anti-clerical and an atheist.

we are living in a world where the fanatics can do anti-semitic and anti-"infidels" speeches freely and openly,without a French trial.

This happens in this Europe.

What a shame..

Viva Salman Rushdie and all those who have the courage to act as free human beings.
The French muslims and all those which want to crucifix Oriana,are the very ones that today arrest and torture the young Iranians who,in mass, are re-embracinf their proud cultural heritage and religions.A friend from Iran said : "They can kill us,but we will never abandon our culture and heritage."

Dorood bar Koorosh va Darioosh

Spenta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This comes as no surprise since the French are the biggest supporters of the genocidal Mullah$ in Iran. They allowed Islamist terrorists to assassinate great Iranian political leaders like Bakhtiar and great scholars of persian heritage like Dr. Aryamenash. These assassins operated with full knowledge of the French government, and left the country with total immunity.

Dr. Aryamanesh had published many books on Persisan culture and heritage, he was a world renowned scholar, edited peer review journals on Perisan/Iranian studies and still assassins killed him easily without any problems!

Only in France can assassins kill Bakhtiar (who had fought the Nazis with the French underground) and a scholar with total immunity and then get off free! More Iranian dissidents, artists, scholars, leaders etc were assassinated in France than any other country.

The French don't have any problems with Isalmist assassins coming to their country and killing French citizens. Scholars, dissidents, those publishing and writing their ideas can all be killed in an instant by any Islamist terrorist in France, and the government not only condnes these killings, but they always let the killers get off free. The Germans were forced to prosecute, but the French never have and never will. They are truly shameless. And I mean shameless!

I have no respect for France. None whatsoever. After what they did to my country and the bravest people fighting for its freedom, I have no respect for France, none whatsoever! France is nothing but a greedy Neo Colonialist supporter of the worst dictators and genocidal killers in our world like Saddam Hussein and the Mullah$ in Iran!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: