[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update from Europe...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Update from Europe... Reply with quote

Terror arrests 'thwarted attack'

12 November 2004

AMSTERDAM — The largescale anti-terror operation in The Hague, Amsterdam and Amersfoort on Wednesday thwarted a planned attack in the Netherlands at the last moment, Interior Minister Johan Remkes told MPs on Thursday night.

The seven arrested suspects are allegedly linked to Mohammed B., the 26-year-old Dutch-Moroccan man accused of killing Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh in Amsterdam last week, newspaper De Telegraaf reported.

The suspected Islamic extremists are belong to the so-called "Hofstadgroep", a network centered around the 18-year-old Samir A., who was arrested in July and is accused of planning attacks against targets such as Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam, the Dutch
Parliament in The Hague and the Borssele nuclear power plant.

[note: they found maps of the airport and the nuclear power plant at his house].

The 19-year-old Jason W. — one of the two suspects arrested as Special Forces officers fired tear gas into a house in the Laak district of The Hague after a 14-hour stand-off on Wednesday — was allegedly prepared to die in a suicide attack.

A farewell letter written to his mother indicates that he was prepared to die as a martyr for Jihad. The teenager — who is the son of a US man and a Dutch woman — is believed to have converted to radical Islam five years ago.

The Spanish Interior Ministry said Thursday the name of one of the two men arrested in The Hague, Dutch-Moroccan Ismail A., appears on a document found on Casablanca bombing suspect Abdeladim Akoudad when he was arrested in Barcelona in October 2003.

Akoudad was also allegedly in contact with Mohammed B., who is also suspected to have had "direct contact" with a leading figure who was active in a Spanish terror cell. That man, Mohammed Achraf, was recently arrested in Zurich, Switzerland.

Spanish investigator Baltasar Garzón denied this week there is evidence that a group of alleged violent extremists recently arrested in Spain are connected to Mohammed B., the alleged killer of Van Gogh.

But a Spanish Interior Ministry source has reportedly said that Garzon knows better and his statement was only designed to protect existing investigations.

[Copyright Expatica News 2004]

Dutch Americans arrested in terror sweep in Hague

Amsterdam journalist Arjan Dasselaar reports more detail via Zacht Ei: Jason W. and another suspect are Dutch Americans, and brothers..."both from Amersfoort. Their father was an American soldier based in Europe. Their mother was Dutch. The oldest of the two is names Jason W. He is 19 years old." Jason W. converted to Islam and took on the name Abu Mujahied Amrik. His brother Jermaine. 17, was arrested in Amersfoort. A small picture of Jason W. can be seen here on Dutch blog GeenStijl. Geenstijl also posted a note Jason wrote to his mom here. Besides being filled with rhetorical fluff, Arjan notes this weird comment: "he begs his mother not to erect another altar like the last time. " Also per Dasselaar - the Dutch intel docs that wound up in terrorist hands? That was courtesy of a mole, a Morrocan translator -Outmar Ben A. [Sources: Zacht Ei summaries of RTL Nieuws, De Telegraaf and GeenStijl.]

Prominent Muslim lauds van Gogh slaying, blesses murderer

There was little sympathy to be found for Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh on a Danish internet forum posting by Danish Muslim pundit Omar Shah. Commenting on last Tuesday's killing of van Gogh on a closed Internet forum, Omar Shah reportedly wrote: ‘Too bad that he (van Gogh) no longer has the pleasure of practicing his perverse artwork, or rather Alhamdullilalh (Thank God). May Allah swt (the Almighty) grant his 'murderer' sabr (patience in hard times).’ The translation of the above text was courtesy of daily newspaper Kristeligt Dagblad.

Dutch police have arrested several individuals with known ties to an Islamic extremist group in connection with Theo van Gogh's murder. The director was believed to have been targeted by the group after making a controversial film about the maltreatment of women in Islam.

Imam Fatih Alev runs the Danish Association of Cybermuslims (DFC), which administrates the closed mailing list that forwarded Omar Shah's remarks to some 300 online forum guests around the country.

‘It looks like Omar was drawing upon his emotions in his response to the death. I have just seen van Gogh's programme, which I found to be a very violent show of propaganda against Islam. I think Omar had that programme in mind when he commented on the death. Based on the conversations I have had with him, I can say that he is normally opposed to the use of violence and vigilantism,’ said Fatih Alev, continuing:

[note from me: "normally opposed to the use of violence" means that for him the use of murder is sometimes OK (i. e. namely in case of people who criticize Islam's treatment of women.)]

‘But I don't wish to defend Omar. Everyone - Muslims included - were appalled by and disagreed with what he wrote. It is important not to succumb to one's feelings, and we all support law and order in Danish society.’

Daily newspaper Jyllands-Posten asked Fatih Alev if he found it irritating that remarks such as Omar Shah's so frequently occasioned heated debate in the Danish media.

‘It irritates me that journalists gets tips on something that was said on a mailing list and make a huge story out of it. People on the mailing list might have pressed Omar for answers on his position on violence, and gotten some insight into the intentions behind what he wrote that way. Anyone can join the mailing list,’ said Alev.

[so now journalists are not supposed to report on a cleric who blesses an assassin?]. Rolling Eyes

Dutch Detain Eighth Van Gogh Suspect

Police have detained an eighth suspect in the slaying of Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh and arrested two other men who called for the beheading of a Dutch politician in the name of Islam, prosecutors said Saturday.

The threat came in a video that was posted on the Internet and offered "paradise" for whoever beheads Geert Wilders, a right-wing member of parliament, for perceived insults to Islam.

Wilders recently split from his mainstream party's because it favored Turkey's opening of talks to join the European Union. After Van Gogh's killing Tuesday, Wilders said he will form his own anti-immigration party.

The two suspects are 20 and 23 years old, a statement issued by national investigators said. The suspects allegedly used an Internet group Web site run by Microsoft to place a video with the text: "The punishment is beheading and the reward for doing it is paradise," national prosecutors said.

Arab music and singing accompanies the video, which is just over a minute long. The MSN group where the video was first posted has been closed, but the video is circulating on other Dutch web sites.

Amsterdam prosecutors did not name the new suspect in the van Gogh case. He was identified as a 23-year-old man of Moroccan ancestry, bringing the total number of suspects in the case to eight, including the alleged killer.

Van Gogh was killed Tuesday in Amsterdam. His alleged killer, identified by Dutch media as Mohammed B., was arrested minutes later. A letter pinned to Van Gogh's body threatened death to lawmaker Ayaan Hirsi Ali, who worked with Van Gogh on a movie criticizing the treatment of women under Islam.

That letter was signed "Saifu Deen al-Muwahhied," which means "the sword of belief of those that affirm the unity of God." The same signature was used in an open letter threatening Wilders that was written in February and reposted recently on a mainstream web site for Dutch-Moroccans. The letter has since been removed from www.marokko.nl.

Six other suspects accused of conspiring to murder Van Gogh were arrested shortly after the murder and have been charged with membership in a terrorist organization and conspiring to murder. All are of Moroccan or Algerian descent, though several hold Dutch passports, including the alleged killer.

The suspects' ethnicity has become an issue because the government announced plans to revoke the Dutch citizenship of dual citizens suspected of terrorism.

Judges have ordered two suspects released for lack of evidence but Mohammed B. and the others remain in custody.

Police also raided a residence and confiscated computers and video cassettes, the statement Saturday said. They found similar material in other suspects' homes.

Meanwhile, members of the Netherlands' Moroccan community held a rally in The Hague to promote peace and reconciliation.

Also Saturday, a 27-year-old man was arrested and later released in the northern city of Groningen for making a bomb threat that led to searches of the U.S. Embassy in The Hague Friday night. Hague police spokesman Frans Rijnswou said no explosives were found.

Quotes From Dutch Lawmaker Geert Wilders

By The Associated Press

Quotes from an Associated Press interview with Dutch lawmaker Geert Wilders:

"The Netherlands has been too tolerant for the intolerant people for too long.''

"I would stop the immigration immediately for the next five years for non-Western immigrants. Not because I have anything against foreigners or people from non-Western countries, but we have huge problems with integration.''

"We have a problem with the Islam in the Netherlands. We have a huge problems with radical Islam in the Netherlands. If we are not allowed to say it, we will never start working on a solution.''

"If in a mosque there is recruitment for jihad it's not a house of prayer, it's a house of war. If it's not a house of prayer it should be closed down.''

"They are centuries behind us and I believe this is a good way to look at it. ... If they take 1,500 years to come so far in the Middle East it's their problem, but not here on our soil.''

"The problem we have with the integration is that 10 percent or 100,000 Muslims - imagine over a population of 16 million it's huge - have already chosen for the radical Islam and we should try to help these people.''

"We have our own norms and values. If you chose for radical Islam you can leave, and if you don't leave voluntarily then we will send you away. This is the only message possible.''

"If we don't do anything ... We will lose the country that we have known for centuries. People don't want the Netherlands to be lost and this is something that I get angry about and I am going to fight for, to keep the country Dutch.''
reza

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope the extremists get whats coming to them
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well one problem is that the Dutch government will not know who is an "extremist" and who is "moderate" until he goes out and kills Theo Van Gogh and threatens to kill Somalian-Dutch MP Aayan Hirsi Ali, or makes a video asking his co-religiounists to behead Dutch MP Geert Wilders, or keep maps of nuclear reactors in his house, or throw grenades at the police, or bless an assassin. And by then it's too late. Do you know what could have happened if Theo Van Gogh and Hirsi Ali had decided to make that video next summer insead of this summer? Mohammad Bouyeri wouldn't have butchered Van Gogh on the street and as a result the police would have never raided the house of Samir A. and no one would have ever known about the plan to attack a nuclear reactor in the Netherlands. This would have given them enough time to blow up a nuclear reactors in the heart of Europe killing tens or even hundreds of thousands of people and made that part of the world uninhabitable for a very long time. Everyone would have thought that Samir A. and Jason W. and his brother Jermaine and Mohammad B. and Ismail A. and Abdeladim Akoudad, and others like them are just "peaceful" Muslims.

And this brings up another point. I don't think labeling them "extremist" is correct. This implies that there are others in their camp that are not so "extreme". This simply isn't true. They are all extremists. Their evilness doesn't lie in the degree of their beliefs, but in the nature of their beliefs. They all plan to fight the infidels, take over Europe, and set up a global Islamic Caliphate. Some of them take part in this plan by blowing up nuclear reactors and destroying European infrustructures, some of them order the assassination of two members of Parliament (one of them by beheading) who are against more immigrant coming to Holland, some of them stab and shoot a film makers that criticizes their treatment of women, some of them religiously bless the murderers, while others sit back and watch silently but deep down are happy about these developments. It's not a question of degree. They all believe in violence one way or another and they all want to take over Europe. You can tell just by the lack of outrage within their communities. No one said a peep when that cleric blessed that murderer. No one seemed upset that someone planned to blow up a nuclear reactor in their neighbourhood. They don't ever care about their own lives. After all, they all live in that area. A nuclear explosion would have killed Muslims too. I saw the pictures. Only a handful of people showed up at that rally for "peace and reconciliation" in The Hague. But so many more secretly support these murders and assassination and terrorist attacks. No one stopped them from coming. So why didn't they? So few Muslims were outraged enough to come to rally for "peace and reconciliation". And even those weren't really outraged since they never said anything against the death of Van Gogh. No, instead they opted for the usual lip service of "Islam means peace, blah blah blah". That seems more like lip service to preserve their own communities from backlash than anything else.

I don't know what the solution is but if a bunch of immigrants came to my country and were doing these things, not only would I stop all immigration immediately, I would also deport every single immigrant (even the ones that haven't done anything), since we can't tell the good ones apart from the bad ones. It's better to deport a few innocent people back to their own countries than have beheading of politicians or nuclear explosions. The survival of the country of Holland (make that the entire European continent) is at stake. They are even making terrorists out of half-Dutch half-American kids. Jason W. is only 19. His brother is 17. They have a Dutch mother and an American father. He converted to islam 5 years ago at age 14. Now what does a 14 year old boy know about religion? Obviously it's the garbage that his immigrant friends like Samir A. spewed into his head. At 19, he writes suicide letters to his mom and throws grenades at the police. You can't deport him but you can deport the people who made a terrorist out of him.
reza

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know what to think about islam any more - to me it just seems an extension of the arabs barbarism now. the peace part doesnt seem to fit in like some people say it should. but i am still undecided on it
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but i am still undecided on it

Shocked How much more evidence do you want? We have had 26 years to decide. Correction, we have had 14 centuries to decide. There is no excuse for sitting on the fence and refusing to take a stance against barbarism and murder, especially when the issues at hand are clear as day. I strongly suggest you read the Quran to see where all of this violence stems from.

Aan kaas ke nadaanad, va nadaanad ke nadaanad,
dar jahl e mokarab abad'o dahr bemaanad.
reza

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps i worded my point wrongly, i meant that whilst it seems barbaric i am undecided on whether it is right to condemn it and its followers outright.
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this straight... you agree that it is barbaric but you are undecided whether or not to condemn barbarism? Shocked
reza

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to outrightly condemn every muslim in the world as an evil person is lunacy, do you follow me?
Liberator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reza wrote:
to outrightly condemn every muslim in the world as an evil person is lunacy, do you follow me?

If you are a muslim you follow the commands of the TAZINAMEH.

When some say 90% of Iran's population is MUSLIM I have to correct them and say that 90% might currently LABEL themselves muslim but what percentage truly are? and what percentage are so only because they HAVE to be in order not to be killed by the Islamic Regime (conversions are rewarded with DEATH in Islam).

Ba Sepaas

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The Quran talks about limb amputations, floggings, fighting the "infidels" in the way of Allah, polygamy and becomingg "martyred" for jihad (you should read it). Now all Muslims are not evil people but Islam sure is an evil religion. Most Muslims are good people. But what do they know? They are taught these things from the time they are children. What do you supposed Samir A. or Mohammad B. know about the world except the quotes of the Quran that they heard by their Imam about "fighting the infidels" and "dying in jihad"? Martyrdom has been a high priority for them and they have been taught that they will be rewarded for it in heaven (with 72 virgins to have wild orgies with). What do you suppose 19 year od Jason W. and his 17 year old brother knew about religion when they converted to Islam and became terrorists? The boy was 14 years old when he got sucked into this terrorist cult by his Morrocan friend. These are children. Are they evil people? Of course not. But Islam turned them into terrorists who now throw grenades at the police, threaten to behead members of parliament and plot to blow up airports and nuclear reactors. All of this comes from the violent verses in the Quran. If that is not evil, then I don't what is.
reza

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i follow you azadeh, but i cannot believe that the qu'ran was writen for the PURPOSE of evil
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i follow you azadeh, but i cannot believe that the qu'ran was writen for the PURPOSE of evil

Then how do you explain the evil things that are in there like limb amputations and the slaying of "infidels"? Is it possible to amputate, flog, and slay "infidels" for the purpose of goodness? What good purpose could possibly there be behind cutting off a person's hand and foot from opposite sides? PURE EVIL is the only explanation.

Have you heard the expression "if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it is a duck"?
reza

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misinterpretation
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you better read the Quran before you claim that it's been misinterpreted. Rolling Eyes

The Quran is clear. Jihad, decapitations, flogging, execution, wife-beatings, polygamy, slavery, etc. are not the inventions of a few misguided Muslims. They are talked about extensively in the Quran. I strongly suggest you read it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: