[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Referendum AFTER Islamic Republic of Iran
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Petitions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irani

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by irani on Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spenta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line, the 60 million referendum has fizzled out. Everyone knows it, and it didn't fizzle out because of infighting etc.

it fizzled out because:

1. It was sponsored by Sazgara, the founder of the despised and murderous Revolutionary Guards responsible for the massacre of thousands and thousands of Iranians!

Look, no matter what you do or say, there is no way in h.e.l.l. that you will get Iranians inside and outside uniting on anything sponsored by the likes of Sazgara. I hope the west is figuring this one out Rolling Eyes

He criticises the regime and yet freely travels between Tehran, Qom and London with total immunity? Rolling Eyes Yeah right. If he's the opposition, then I'm the president of the US Laughing

2. After the Sham Reforms, Iranians are not going to fall for any more attempts at saving this regime, including a referedum that just gets rid of Khamanei but keeps Rafsanjani and the rest of the Mullah$ and Aghazadehs, the Motalefeh mafia and the ex 'Reformi$t' turbanless mafia!

So there is no way that Iranians inside and outside are going to unite behind another attempt at saving the regime through some new window dressing.

3. Nobody on the 60 million referendum ticket has captured the public imagination enough by representing what they want or as in leadership capacity, for the critical mass to evolve. Chalk it off to a bad crew, with bad karma, and no gravitas, charisma or real connection to the true aspirations of the Iranian people.

Iranians will not unite en masse behind a bunch of Islamist and leftist intellectuals. Its like trying to put together a mass movement in the US with Noam Chomsky. It won't work in the US and it won't in Iran!

These are the facts, you can either see them, or you're out to lunch.
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another pro-60 million petition Article Mad Confused Shocked

http://www.iranvajahan.net/cgi-bin....=24&a=2

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.70000000.com

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check Kaveh's wonderful Flash Video , regarding the referendum:

http://www.kavehsara.org/kavehsara.html

irani

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Another pro-60 million petition Article

It is very Intresting,

Last edited by irani on Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the 60 million has 27261 votes and the 70 million has 2246

This is because the 70 million has been launched more recently than the 60 million.

And, one expects the 70 million to be promoted by the major US-based Persian networks.

http://www.70000000.com

Friends in Iran have told me that they have signed the 70 million Petition

Khorshid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Spenta,

Contrary to what those---including unknown entities in various BB’s--- trying to shove this farce down people’s throat claim, most Iranian commentators and journalists who have actually been following this story also agree that the experiment, as expected, has met with failure. The list itself, what was originally sponsored by the Revolutionary Guards founder Mohsen Sazgara, Mohammad Maleki (the book burner Abdolkarim Soroush of Princeton’s partner in the crime of “cleansing” the Iranian Universities of Iranian professors and millions of books and historical documents), and the Ebadiesque Mehrangiz Kar of Harvard, has now naturally expanded into a who’s who of the Shiite Taliban’s DOVOM-E KHORDAD (“the reformists”) group, more specifically known IR supporters and apologists abroad. Quite a number of people, as you know, have already requested that their names, put on the list without their permission, be removed. Others have simply expressed regret for having signed it in the first place. Still others cannot do anything to remove their names, due to the minor obstacle that they happen to be either dead or fictitious characters. Of those who put their name on the list, one, no doubt thinking he’s actually throwing some positive light on the matter, even went so far as to state (falsely) that the referendum is being welcomed by that historical beacon of pro-Iranianism, a British Prime Minister!

This “referendum” is an internal matter, a cosmetic enhancement meant at most, to get rid of the office of Velayate Faghih (Khamanei). That it has failed to impress the Iranian people is not surprising. The Iranian people detest the regime in its entirety, a fact conclusively demonstrated, again, by the general boycott of the last parliamentary “elections” which, it should be noted, did not after all concern the office of Velayate Faghih. By a most strange coincidence, the same people (such as the anti-Pahlavist Hossein Bagherzadeh) who shamelessly downplayed the magnitude and consequence of that boycott are now endorsing the Sazgara “referendum”.

perzopolis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRANI - I wonder why the 60 million petition didn't use PETITIONSONLINE.COM? Because the petition/signatories are completely fabricated - it's a bullshit petition! If they were real they should have registered the petition on petitionsonline.com like everyone else does - so it can be objectively verified by the whole community. Instead they have a European Mullah ASS KISSING petition that cannot be verified.

The 60 million petition is meaningless. Just another Khatami-type reform strategy.

irani wrote:
Quote:
Bottom line, the 60 million referendum has fizzled out. Everyone knows it, and it didn't fizzle out because of infighting etc.

That is not true, the 60 million has 27261 votes and the 70 million has 2246 mean while four days ago the 60 million petition had 25591 votes and the 70 million had 2182, wich one has grown the most? The original has not fizzeld out in anyway.

Quote:
Another pro-60 million petition Article

It is very Intresting, i hope that other Swedish as well as other European political parties supports us.

irani

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
IRANI - I wonder why the 60 million petition didn't use PETITIONSONLINE.COM? Because the petition/signatories are completely fabricated - it's a bullshit petition! If they were real they should have registered the petition on petitionsonline.com like everyone else does - so it can be objectively verified by the whole community. Instead they have a European Mullah ASS KISSING petition that cannot be verified.

The 60 million petition is meaningless. Just another Khatami-type reform strategy.

Perzopolis, I'm impressed that you can base all that on the fact that it is on an European server instead of an American.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: A Plea For Support and Help For FREE IRAN Reply with quote

Dear ActivistChat Compatriots,
Would you please consider reviewing the following initial draft of possible future petition. Appreciate your comments and enhancements.

Regards,
Cyrus

-----------------------------------------------

Draft 0.1 Petition For Your Review:
A Plea For Support and Help From All Freedom-Loving Compatriots of The World (Right, Left and Center) TO REMOVE Islamist Regime Now

It is the irony of history that in the land of Cyrus The Great, the birthplace of the first charter of the “Rights of Nations” and the “Declaration of Human Rights” over 2500 years ago; there is today no respect for human and civil rights by the Islamic regime. Unfortunately, present day Iran is ruled by a small group of Islamic Mafia Clerics who are the embodiment of evil and have no respect for Human Rights in the land of Cyrus The Great which is the birthplace of Darius The Great, Babak, Razi (Rhazes), Avicenna (Ibn Sina), Ferdowsi, Khayyam, Hafaz, Saadi and Rumi.

Time is running out the Iranian people need the help and full support from the people of the free world to change this regime with no / minimum bloodshed, otherwise we shall soon confront the world's biggest Islamist tyranny, and the Terror Masters, armed with nuclear weapons. The prison door cannot be opened from inside by 70 millions who are hostage to the regime.

Over the past 25 years the Islamic regime's Mullahs, Agents, courts, judges and vigilantes have all committed acts of: murder, stoning, torture, assault, theft, destruction of property, arson, perjury, falsification of testimonials and material evidence, illegal surveillance, kidnapping, rape, blackmail, fraud, obstruction of justice, conspiracy to commit all of the above crimes, cover-ups and every other form of butchery and depredation.

70,000,000 Iranian people have the best proven record of fighting against Islamic Fanatics, in the past 26 years and despite the heavy losses they have incurred (100,000 + executions, imprisonment, rape and torture!), Iranians continue to fight against and resist the Islamists even as the EU big 3 (Britain, France and Germany) and some other G8 governments are directly and indirectly supporting the Islamist regime of Iran for their blind short term interest. At least over 90% of Iranian people are against the Isalmist Terror Masters , the Iranian people can be considered as the best and most experienced fighting force against Islamists . We are asking our Freedom-Loving European Compatriots to force their politicians to stop supporting the Mullahs Now or forced them to resign for supporting the criminal Mullahs in Iran.

WE, the undersigned, as members of the civilized world, call urgently to support the people of Iran for freeing all political prisoners NOW, stop capital punishment by illegitimate fanatic Islamist Justice system, the removal of the Islamic Republic of Iran and the establishment of Freedom, Human Rights, Women Rights, Children Rights and a modern, democratic and secular government in Iran based on the founding principles of SOS IRAN coalitions. We acknowledge and accept the following S.O.S. IRAN’s Founding Principles:

Founding Principles of S.O.S. IRAN

1) Freedom of thought, speech, belief and expression of opinion
2) Freedom of all political parties, assembly, syndications, peaceful demonstrations, and strikes
3) Freedom of press and media
4) Freedom of personal preferences and private beliefs and affairs, including religion
5) No political prisoners in Iran
6) Equal treatment of all people regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, language, race, color, and social, economic or political status
7) Territorial integrity and national sovereignty of Iran and relationship with all foreign states based on mutual interests
Cool Complete separation of religion from the State
9) Free, open and democratic referendum to elect the new Government of Iran in the post-IRI era
10) Minimum standard of life for all citizens of Iran and equal opportunity for all citizens to benefit from country’s national wealth.

“All human beings are in truth akin;
All in creation share one origin.
When fate allots a member pangs and pains,
No ease for other members then remains.
If, unperturbed, another's grief canst scan,
Thou are not worthy of the name of man.”

Sa'adi (1213-1292) Famous Persian Poet

Sincerely Yours,
stefania

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cyrus,

By the way, is there any thing being done in order to promote and furtherly spread the true Referendum the Iranians are fighting for ? ( Referendum after the Removal of the IRI )

Please let us know more about the 70000000.com Petition and how it is being welcomed by the Iranians

stefania

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyrus,

look at this poor guy that is risking his life for such a sham "referendum"... it's like many others which were betrayed by a bunch of liers which illuded them that the regime might have reformed from within..

An Iranian Student Makes His Escape In Face of Charges

January 03, 2005
New York Sun
Eli Lake

WASHINGTON -- A key student leader of the Iranian referendum movement has fled the Islamic republic amid a court investigation into his organizing activities. In a phone interview last week, Akbar Atri, an organizer of the movement in Iran to win a national vote on the legitimacy of the Islamic republic, said he managed to slip out of his homeland last month despite an open government investigation into his efforts to gather signatures for a petition demanding the referendum.

"The court is saying I am attempting to overthrow the Islamic government. In another case they are saying I am guilty of making propaganda against the regime. For the propaganda charge I have been sentenced to four months of jail, but this is being appealed," Mr. Atri said.

"It is common in Iran to have an open charge against political activists in order to intimidate us," he said. "They can bring these charges to the court anytime they want. I was surprised I got out so easily. Usually people with open charges against them cannot leave the country, but there was obviously a loophole in the system this time. So I got out."

The recent charges against him are not Mr. Atri's first brush with the law. In the interview yesterday he said that in 2000 he was beaten so badly by the plainclothes religious police known as the Bassij that his jaw was broken and he lost two teeth. When his case was finally heard by a judge, the court ruled that he owed his attackers money for assaulting them.

"The judge ruled that I owed the traditional Islamic penalty, the price of a camel," he said. "When I finally heard the sentence I thought that camels have become very expensive."

Mr. Atri is a member of the central committee for Tahkimeh Vahdat, a national student organization whose leaders support the referendum movement. Mr. Atri and his colleagues have publicly called on their government to allow a referendum vote, a strategy first reported by The New York Sun last month. The referendum would be on whether Islam should be the basis of Iranian law and politics, almost a mirror image of a 1980 referendum, which the Iranian regime to this day touts as proof the 1979 Islamic revolution had popular legitimacy. If the opposition leaders' referendum push succeeds, they expect to reverse the 1979 uprising led by Ayatollah Khomeini, not only stripping the constitution of the extraordinary powers accorded the supreme leader but also declaring that Iran is not an Islamic state.

In the interview, Mr. Atri said that he believes some mistakes have been made so far in the political strategy of the opposition, but he was confident the referendum would gain support from the people. "The referendum is not yet on the lips of most people," he said, "but we think by the May presidential elections this will be seen as the only alternative."

Mr. Atri also said he wished there was more support from the purged reformist legislators still loyal to the lame-duck president, Mohammed Khatami. Last February, most of Mr. Khatami's allies in the legislature were barred from standing for office.

"The first stage is to get people discussing the referendum and to know the reform movement has been defeated and there is no hope for it," Mr. Atri said. "It is a very difficult and bumpy road, because the hardliners and many reformists are against us for now. The opposition abroad has not been fully committed to us yet."

In particular, Mr. Atri singled out the Iranian-language satellite television and radio stations based in Los Angeles for not endorsing the call for a referendum. Several American legislators have pushed in recent years for government money to go to those stations. "Some people are upset because they are not the leader of the movement," he said, referring to monarchists and other exile oppositionists who have not yet signed the call for a referendum.

Mr. Atri's harshest words, though, were leveled at Mr. Khatami's allies. "Some of the reformists in particular are not with us yet because they still hope the conservatives will give them a chance to become part of the system," he said. "When will they learn that their plan has not accomplished anything?"

Nonetheless, the call for the referendum has slowly begun attracting support from outside Iran. Last week, parliamentarians from Sweden's Folkpartiet Liberalerna signed the petition, as well as new student organizations. "We see progress every week," he said.

Mr. Atri said that organizers of the referendum also had for-now-silent support from some members of Iran's military and security services. Support from within such institutions is critical to the success of nonviolent movements seeking to topple dictators. It took not only an unprecedented coalition of groups in Ukraine, for example, to overturn November's elections there, but also the agreement of the state police and military not to suppress the crowds of protesters who stormed Kiev in the aftermath of the fixed runoff vote.

Mr. Atri said he was watching closely the developments in Kiev. "I am sure many people in our military and other government agencies support this movement," Mr. Atri said. "This is not going to affect only Iran, but also the region. Just like the Ukraine, this will work. We announced before, that we are longing for a nonviolent movement. The Ukrainian movement proved the nonviolent approach was successful. But if our movement is violent then it will usher in a government worse than we have now."

For now, Mr. Atri said, the greatest need from the West was solidarity. When asked about American government support at first, he answered the question in terms of support from the world.

"I expect people of the world to support the democratic movement in Iran," he said. "Right now, the Iranian people are suffering from a lack of information. The 20 Iranian satellite networks, mostly controlled by the monarchists, are not helping the referendum. I think the American media should give the message of the Iranian people to the world."

When asked about a new proposal from the Committee on the Present Danger to try persuading Supreme Leader Khamenei to allow for free and fair elections through formal negotiations with the State Department, Mr. Atri said he doubted it would work.

"This will never happen, the mullahs will never leave like this," he said. "The Islamic republic will give up anything to foreign countries, just so long as they stay in power. But they will not give anything to the Iranian people. I hope the world will consider the interests of the Iranian people, our human rights, and to live in a free country, before anything is signed with the Islamic government."

stefania

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mr. Atri singled out the Iranian-language satellite television and radio stations based in Los Angeles for not endorsing the call for a referendum. Several American legislators have pushed in recent years for government money to go to those stations. "Some people are upset because they are not the leader of the movement," he said, referring to monarchists and other exile oppositionists who have not yet signed the call for a referendum.

That's good news ! At least the popular US-based TV stations are not promoting that shame "referendum" !

Afarin to them !

cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

irani wrote:
xyz

This thread can not be used for your advertisement with wrong logic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Petitions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: