[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You Gave Your Words, Senators. Now, Stand By It!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haleh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: You Gave Your Words, Senators. Now, Stand By It! Reply with quote

You Gave Your Words, Senators. Now, Stand By It!
mehr.org
By Mohammad Parvin (09/21/04)

Last week, while several of the prisoners of conscience in Iran were in hunger strike and close to death, and when a 16 year old girl, Atefeh Sahaleh, was hanged publicly because of bad behavior and her “sharp tongue,” vice-presidential running mate, Senator John Edwards, made an offer of friendship to the murderous regime of Iran.

He said in an interview that, if elected U.S. president, Senator John Kerry would offer Iran a deal allowing it to keep its nuclear power plants if it gave up the right to retain bomb-making nuclear fuel.

Senators Kerry and Edwards both chose to ignore the fact that the Islamic Regime of Iran (IRI) is a terrorist regime and turned a blind eye to 25 years of atrocities against the Iranian people who are struggling for a secular democracy in Iran .

Sen. John Edwards told “The Washington Post” that if Iran did not accept this "great bargain," this would confirm that the Islamic state was building nuclear weapons under cover of a nuclear power initiative.

If Iran rejected this proposal, Edwards stated that Kerry would ensure that European allies were prepared to join the United States in imposing strict sanctions against Iran .

"If we are engaging with Iranians in an effort to reach this great bargain and if in fact this is a bluff that they are trying to develop nuclear weapons capability, then we know that our European friends will stand with us," said Senator Edwards.

"A nuclear Iran is unacceptable for so many reasons, including the possibility that it creates a gateway and the need for other countries in the region to develop nuclear capabilities-- Saudi Arabia , Egypt , potentially others," Senator Edwards alleged.

Well, the Islamic Regime did not take this “great bargain” and their nuclear disarmament plan has been bluntly rejected by the Islamic Regime’s foreign ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi.

Senators Kerry and Edward must now stand by their words and declare that they will impose a strict sanction against the Islamic Regime.

Even if the Islamic Regime of Iran had accepted this offer, it would still have been a murderous regime responsible for the imprisonment, torture, and the execution of thousands of freedom-loving Iranians and not worthy of any sort of recognition. Even if it complies with all the demands of the west regarding the control of its nuclear program, it is still a terrorist regime that has terrorized the Iranians for 25 years and must not be legitimized by any state or state leader that has the slightest respect for human rights and liberties.

Senators Kerry and Edwards ignored the barbaric acts of the terrorist regime that have been systematically exercised for a long time. We did not hear any objections from the world. Now, it is time that the whole world and especially the American people hold them responsible for their words. They offered friendship to one of the most brutal regimes of all time and it was rejected. They promised that if Iran rejected this proposal, they would ensure that European allies were prepared to join the United States in imposing strict sanctions against Iran . They must deliver now on this promise.
Maybe it is time to see the reality of the Islamic Regime and come to the conclusion that the existence of this monster is not only a daily danger to the lives of millions of Iranians, but to the world. Maybe it is time to ignore the interest factor and the short term financial interests of the oil companies and start to pay a little attention to humanity.

We do not expect much from the international community in general - the US in particular. We just expect them not to legitimize or help this terrorist regime. We expect a rigid sanction against the IRI, not of the type that we have been witnessing during the years that a “sanction” was supposed to be enforced, and not of the type that would exclude Halliburton, GE and more than two-hundred American companies. A genuine and real sanction.

We expect the U.S. to reduce its diplomatic relations with the Islamic Regime to the lowest possible level. This regime is not the representative of the Iranian people, and we challenge those who think otherwise by an internationally monitored referendum. If the US government and politicians want to be on the side of the brave Iranians who have not given up hopes in spite of confronting a brutal regime and all its western supporters, they should just give them moral support by declaring that they do not recognize the Islamic Regime as their representatives, and that they would refrain from establishing friendly relations with their abusers.

That is all we believe most Iranians expect from the U.S. and other countries. Just do not help this terrorist regime, and the Iranians themselves will topple the Islamic Regime through disobedience and non-violent action.

Those who listen will earn the love and votes of the Iranians.

Mohammad Parvin is an adjunct professor at the California State University and director of the Mission for Establishment of Human Rights in Iran (MEHR) - http://mehr.org

vishtasp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be voting for Kerry/Edwards.
redemption

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish truly there were different candidates on both sides, but perhaps I should vote for Nader Wink

Dislike Kerry - and am concerned Bush isn't doing a damn thing for Iran -
abaucero

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redemption, do you think Nader is going to help Iran? the only hope Iran has is Bush's re-election. Hopefully in the next term he will find a way to topple the Iranian regime. Voting for anyone else can only put a lid on the problem, only to discover in a couple of years that Iran has nuclear weapons like North Korea, and we can no longer do anything about it.
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Andrea.

Nader is a sort of communist and he's in favor of Mullahs and Arab Dictators.

Kerry is far better than Nader

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Acidrain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is a rather Interesting peace. Though iam not surprised to see this when i have seen this on one other site. I thought it was just BS but it would appear that it isnt BS. I would put my money on the US doing something but it looks as if the Israelis are going to do something more than the US at this point! The EU-3 that are in talks with Iran, but what are they going to get? Nothing and do nothing as that is all they do is talk! They need to realize that talking to the Mullahs is worthless and taking it to the UN council is another worthless, this time its about the EU protecting is oil interests!

Kerry is so unrealistic about the current situation on the ground in Iran and what the Mullahs will do to get the BOMB! I cant see this playing out any other way, other than the Israeli's trying to do it on thier own. But then thier will be massive deaths on boths sides, yet i dont see this ending, i see it only heating up. Kerry is completely stupid if he believes that strict sanctions will work, look what it did to Iraq.

Acidrain
redemption

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think at all costs Israeli should not be allowed or given permission by the United States to bomb Iran facilities. This would cause more problems that it would help. I'm hoping Iran comes up as a major issue in the Presidential debates - and we can hear more re: the type of policy each candidate plans to pursue.
Scooter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redemption wrote:
I think at all costs Israeli should not be allowed or given permission by the United States to bomb Iran facilities. This would cause more problems that it would help. I'm hoping Iran comes up as a major issue in the Presidential debates - and we can hear more re: the type of policy each candidate plans to pursue.

This Thursday is the foreign policy debate between Bush and Kerry.
redemption

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to it... Smile
9karevatan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 MEHR MAYDOON SHAHYAD!!!!!
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!
redemption

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREE IRAN!!!!
eski

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, Bush is the best bet for our future. I long for the day when a real American is president and honesty and charactor are the norm rather than the exception. I get so sick of all these blue blooded people that have wanted for nothing their entire lives acting like they feel the pain of the average Joe on the street and share his concerns. THe only time that modern politicians feel your pain is when they want you vote and that is sad indeed.
Kerry is just pitiful and sickening. His voice alone is enough to make a person want to spit nails and **** fire. This guy is such a piece of **** that he probably believes his own bullshit. This SOB has nothig but contempt for the citizens of the U.S. and the people that aren't in the billionairs club. You see.......John Kerry is better than you and therefor he deserves to be president of the most powerful country on earth. Can you imagine that weird chick that he's married to as the first lady of the United States? That alone gives me the creeps.
Ralph Nader is a communist at heart and disguises himself as a "Green" candidate. He really has no clues to the worlds affairs and just wants to see what he can do with America as a grand social experiment. He is harmless but irritating. Kind of like a rash where the sun don't shine. His one percent is mainly made up of super hippies and people that want to throw their vote away because they can't bring themselves to vote for either Kerry or Bush. Sort of a protest vote.
I have to vote for Bush because he is the best bet we have and has never betrayed his country like Kerry did. I will just have to hope for a better tomorrow and a better set of candidates in the 08' election to pick from. (and I don't mean Hillary Clinton)
With the internet and alternative news sources I think that Americans are waking up (slowly but surely) and it is getting harder for government candidates to bullshit their way into high office. The mainstream media is loosing customers every day and the internet blogs are putting them in their place more and more. Pray for a better day....... It's not out of the question anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: