[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why did Iranians turn against the Shah of Iran?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reza

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And that's partly as to that you have justified and motivated your opinion, thus you have handled your responsibility of free speech quite well, unlike many others who let crap drip out of their mouths and later say "Freedom of speech, man!". For that, you deserve respect, regardless if I agree or disagree with you.

ha! ha! ha! i think you and i are gonna get along just fine kid, i respect your argument and opinion as well. It seems that honour is not completely dead! Smile
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
blank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azadeh_55 wrote:
Quote:
Azadeh:
It would be nice if you could come to www.daneshjoo.org discussion board. There are several Tudehee and leftist that think people will buy their lies like 25 years ago.....There are no female point of views except for Spenta and Stefania.....it would be nice if you join them.

OK. But I don't really like it over there. Too many Tudehi and leftists for my taste.

I know that's why I am encouraging you to join the discussion board to expose them........you have tudehi here too, Reza is a good example and Nokareislam is another one..........

Last edited by blank on Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
blank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
blank wrote:
Azadeh:
It would be nice if you could come to www.daneshjoo.org discussion board. There are several Tudehee and leftist that think people will buy their lies like 25 years ago.....There are no female point of views except for Spenta and Stefania.....it would be nice if you join them.

I cannot access the page ...it says "page not found".. do you have the same problem?

No I don't have the same problem I can access the link...
reza

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Reza is a good example
just when i thought it was'nt physically possible for blank to say something even more idiotic, he/she comes out with another suprise. God you ignorant piece of the dredges of humanity, i am pro monarchy! does that sound leftist to you? or are you just mad because i always prove your tiny mind wrong?
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
stefania

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blank wrote:
stefania wrote:
blank wrote:
Azadeh:

I cannot access the page ...it says "page not found".. do you have the same problem?

No I don't have the same problem I can access the link...

I also can since 1 week ! Smile

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
blank

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reza wrote:
Quote:
Reza is a good example
just when i thought it was'nt physically possible for blank to say something even more idiotic, he/she comes out with another suprise. God you ignorant piece of the dredges of humanity, i am pro monarchy! does that sound leftist to you? or are you just mad because i always prove your tiny mind wrong?

Oh really?? is that why everytime you get a chance you throw dart and jab Shah? Everytime anyone speaks about Shah you have nothing but critisim. You hate the US, nothing good to say about the US. Neither Shah nor the US are/were perfect, and there is no such a thing as a perfect world. But the difference between an idiot like you and me is, I weigh the good and the bad...In terms of Shah the good weighs a lot more than the bad. So... if you talk like a duck and walk like a duck you are a duck..
Spenta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hating the US and the Shah usually seem to go hand in hand. being pro US and Pro Shah also usually go hand in hand.
Eternal1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blank wrote:
reza wrote:
Quote:
Reza is a good example

Oh really?? is that why everytime you get a chance you throw dart and jab Shah? Everytime anyone speaks about Shah you have nothing but critisim. You hate the US, nothing good to say about the US. Neither Shah nor the US are/were perfect, and there is no such a thing as a perfect world. But the difference between an idiot like you and me is, I weigh the good and the bad...In terms of Shah the good weighs a lot more than the bad. So... if you talk like a duck and walk like a duck you are a duck..

No disrespect to Reza, but I have read some of his posts, and he does display the very typical characterisctics of the English in world politics...subtle, understated, never completely partisan, dispassionate, calm and patient....I guess thats why they are known as the 'old foxes of politics.'

..and to the average person the UK and the US have traditionally always been seen as allies.....yet when you enter the intrigue of middle eastern affairs as conducted by the west, it appears that nothing could be further from the truth.

So once again, no disrespect to Reza, it is natural that he would dislike the US and the Shah.

While the US was still in Nappies 2 - 3 centuries ago, Great Britain had already demonstrated its uncanny ability to influence and pervade the affairs and direction of another nation..in this case Iran..especially under the Qajars.

The Pahlavis represent a complete revesal of this.

Reza Shah resented foreign intervention and control, and worked to reverse this.

They attempted to reassert and revive the identity of Iran through connecting Iran's history and the great kings of the past, with the Iran of their day.

To create a unified/consolidated Iran by not reffering to the country or the people as persia/persians but as Iran/Iranians.

To modernise Iran, which in essence was achieved because it was the only ME country that could fairly be referred to as industrialised by the 70's.

So essentially the Pahalavis compromised the agenda of unhindered foreign control and exploitation.

Of course it was impossible to remove the hand of influence completely, Iran is too valuable in every sense for that to happen...

But I guess with the attempt to control production and sales of oil through OPEC, the Shah had gone too far and represented a confirmation to the west that a completely objectionable shift of economic power was happening...

..and that this could not be allowed to happen at any cost.

I have yet to see the acknowledgement that this dynasty deserves, because at best it seems their achievements are only met with a sober if not resentful response,..i.e.Reza.
Eternal1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Eternal1]The Pahlavis represent a complete revesal of this.
[/quote]

In terms of their Nationalism and love of Iran...
reza

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no no no, although the respect of your response is admirable, i have been misunderstood.

Blank you are still an imbecile - just because i am anti mohammed reza shah, that does not mean i am anti - shah. I have a massive respect for the principles of monarchy and my greatest heroes are those of the ancient persian kings. I am critical of mohammed reza shah because he was a poor king. Ok he was compassionate to his people but that is excpected of a king - to be a truly good king you must go above and beyond this. i believe that england has never achieved the level of true kingship that iran has. Plus you didnt explain why your tiny intellect thought i was a tudeh...

Eternal1, i dont resent the pahlavi dynasty only mohammed pahlavi, i am a staunch supporter of his son, and i also believe that his father, reza shah was one of iran's greatest kings. perhaps i did not explain my views clearly enough...

Quote:
You hate the US, nothing good to say about the US

thats bullshit i have never once expressed hate for the US, only mild criticism of their policies. I love americans and their country- for the most part they are the second nicest people i have met, (first being the irish).

Quote:
I weigh the good and the bad...In terms of Shah the good weighs a lot more than the bad. So..

there goes blabbermouth again... i have weighed the good and the bad up and a a matte of fact - the shah's so called good qualities are those expected of an average king running a mud hut village. his bad qualities are those that are not to be excpected from any leader - hence he was not a good king. it is important to note that i do not hate him merely i do not show the same level of appreciation for him as you do.
blank

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look idiot Reza.....you are entitled to your moronic opinion...MRP did the best he could with the kind of ignorant population like you, and others that had little understanding of what was going on.....mut hud village your ass.....you have little understanding of the political situation during that time, something that Azadeh has described very well....again I do believe he made some mistakes, listened to bad advisors....yet turned Iran into a country that everyone was proud of saying I am "Iranian" unlike these bastard ragheads........And you are the kind of person that thinks Alexander the enemy of our cournty was "great" yet MRP is not good enough.......so with that kind of dumb mentality you are hopeless.
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More of my thoughts on why Iranians turned against the Shah...

I think some people today hate the Shah because they simply can't bring themselves to accept that the 1979 revolution happened for no good reason at all. It seems very dumb that a nation would rise up and revolt against an OK government. This hard to accept, but all indications show that this is what happened. I'm not saying the Shah was perfect, but during his time, the general trend was that our country was moving forward. Things were OK. We had peace and security and respect in the world. Certainly nothing that happened during that time was worthy of any kind of revolution, and definately not an Islamic revolution (there is never any good reason in the world to have an Islamic revolution; except maybe severe and demented forms of sadism and masochism). But it seems hard to accept that all these people during the past 25 years died for nothing. We made a revolution 25 years ago and threw out an OK government that was giving us jobs, peace, security, economic growth, and respect in the world and now we must have to make another revolution in order to get an OK government that can give us jobs, peace, security, and respect the world. After all this time, people are dying to get back to where they were 25 years ago. Forget 25 years ago. They would do anything for conditions to improve even a little bit. When I was in Iran, I heard people wishing that things go back to the times of the war! One woman in the line to buy chicken said at least with government coupons you could afford to buy certain things! Those poor people were even willing to settle for Khatami if it meant that the social repression would ease up just a little bit and there was the slightest chance that the economy would improve just a little and they would be able to get jobs. That's why a lot of people put faith in Khatami. They thought we made a revolution and we can't have two revolution in 2 decades and we have to fix this first revolution through Khatami's so-called "reforms". Of course reforms are not possible under this regime because the mullahsn't aren't interested in changing the status quo. This was just another trick by them to get the population behind them under the garb of "reforms" so that people wouldn't think of another revolution. And it's obvious that the war happened because of the revolution. We have all heard of how Saddam kissed the Shah's hand (some say his feet, but I think it was his hand) at the Algerian Conference and backed down on all his threats against Iran. It wasn't until after Khomeini started executing our armymen and weakening our military that Saddam saw the perfect opportunity to invade our country. This is a fact that escapes very few people. The fruit of the revolution is not just the total distruction of our country and the execution of over 100,000 people, but also the death of over one million during the war. It's very hard to accept that all of this happened for no good reason. It's easier to make a monster out of the Shah and to rationalize the 1979 revolution. They rationalize the Islamic part by telling themselves that the revolution was "stolen" by the mullahs. But this is simply not true. Khomeini was the leader of the revolution since the beggining. He was telling people were to show up for demonstrations!

By directing their anger at the Shah, some they don't have to face the fact that they destroyed their own country with their own hands for no reason.
reza

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you had any brains you would realise that i meant the phrase mud hut village as a totally distinct metaphor- not a description of iran at the time. Rolling Eyes

dont you understand what i am trying to tell you? i am not saying he was the worst king we have ever had, i am only saying that he is not as good as some make him out to be. He did his best i dont doubt that, but he still does not compare to a true king. This shah was not meant to lead, he was a good prince, if he were more like his father then this mess would never have happened. i do not hate mrp, a god description could be suggested - "that so good a man should be so bad a king" - unknown mp present at charles I funeral.
Eternal1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azadeh_55 wrote:
More of my thoughts on why Iranians turned against the Shah...

I think some people today hate the Shah because they simply can't bring themselves to accept that the 1979 revolution happened for no good reason at all. It seems very dumb that a nation would rise up and revolt against an OK government. This hard to accept, but all indications show that this is what happened. I'm not saying the Shah was perfect, but during his time, the general trend was that our country was moving forward. Things were OK. We had peace and security and respect in the world. Certainly nothing that happened during that time was worthy of any kind of revolution, and definately not an Islamic revolution (there is never any good reason in the world to have an Islamic revolution; except maybe severe and demented forms of sadism and masochism). But it seems hard to accept that all these people during the past 25 years died for nothing. We made a revolution 25 years ago and threw out an OK government that was giving us jobs, peace, security, economic growth, and respect in the world and now we must have to make another revolution in order to get an OK government that can give us jobs, peace, security, and respect the world. After all this time, people are dying to get back to where they were 25 years ago. Forget 25 years ago. They would do anything for conditions to improve even a little bit. When I was in Iran, I heard people wishing that things go back to the times of the war! One woman in the line to buy chicken said at least with government coupons you could afford to buy certain things! Those poor people were even willing to settle for Khatami if it meant that the social repression would ease up just a little bit and there was the slightest chance that the economy would improve just a little and they would be able to get jobs. That's why a lot of people put faith in Khatami. They thought we made a revolution and we can't have two revolution in 2 decades and we have to fix this first revolution through Khatami's so-called "reforms". Of course reforms are not possible under this regime because the mullahsn't aren't interested in changing the status quo. This was just another trick by them to get the population behind them under the garb of "reforms" so that people wouldn't think of another revolution. And it's obvious that the war happened because of the revolution. We have all heard of how Saddam kissed the Shah's hand (some say his feet, but I think it was his hand) at the Algerian Conference and backed down on all his threats against Iran. It wasn't until after Khomeini started executing our armymen and weakening our military that Saddam saw the perfect opportunity to invade our country. This is a fact that escapes very few people. The fruit of the revolution is not just the total distruction of our country and the execution of over 100,000 people, but also the death of over one million during the war. It's very hard to accept that all of this happened for no good reason. It's easier to make a monster out of the Shah and to rationalize the 1979 revolution. They rationalize the Islamic part by telling themselves that the revolution was "stolen" by the mullahs. But this is simply not true. Khomeini was the leader of the revolution since the beggining. He was telling people were to show up for demonstrations!

By directing their anger at the Shah, some they don't have to face the fact that they destroyed their own country with their own hands for no reason.

I have read your posts with interest, and your responses have given me a few things to think about.

Maybe that is the psychology of many iranians today. This type of reasoning would help to numb the effects of a painful mistake that many Iranians had a hand in themselves.
blank

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reza wrote:
if you had any brains you would realise that i meant the phrase mud hut village as a totally distinct metaphor- not a description of iran at the time. Rolling Eyes

dont you understand what i am trying to tell you? i am not saying he was the worst king we have ever had, i am only saying that he is not as good as some make him out to be. He did his best i dont doubt that, but he still does not compare to a true king. This shah was not meant to lead, he was a good prince, if he were more like his father then this mess would never have happened. i do not hate mrp, a god description could be suggested - "that so good a man should be so bad a king" - unknown mp present at charles I funeral.

Look.. I totally understand what you are saying..you are saying "he is not good enough".....and I say you are dead wrong If he was not a leader how could our economy/technoloy be equal to that of Europe and militarily 5th in the world. He was not perfect & made some mistakes, but
deserve to be recognized and appreciated for all the good things he had done. He did the best he could with some of the donkey population he had to deal with.........so you are one "namak nashnas".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: