[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why did Iranians turn against the Shah of Iran?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Azadeh:
It would be nice if you could come to www.daneshjoo.org discussion board. There are several Tudehee and leftist that think people will buy their lies like 25 years ago.....There are no female point of views except for Spenta and Stefania.....it would be nice if you join them.

OK. But I don't really like it over there. Too many Tudehi and leftists for my taste.

Quote:
I cannot access the page ...it says "page not found".. do you have the same problem?

It works for me.
Iranian Boy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Stefania
the site daneshjoo.org is dead. Lets wait 2 days and see what happens. If it donīt work even then, maybe england has destroyed the site because I said we should boycott england in the future.
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iranian Boy wrote:
hi Stefania
the site daneshjoo.org is dead. Lets wait 2 days and see what happens. If it donīt work even then, maybe england has destroyed the site because I said we should boycott england in the future.

Mad

I contacted the Movement and i was told that it's a temporary problem and the webmaster is working to fix it..

It was happened another time.

Anyway, i finished to read the book of farah diba and now i am about to finish to read the one of Reza Pahlavi.

I think that i am loving Iran and its People so much.

Thanks for existing beloved Iranian People!!! Very Happy

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
patriot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear eternal!

I will answere your question short and sweet!

The peopel of Iran did not turn against the lovely king like Shahanshah Aryamehr in 1979 !

the shah of Iran was the king that when he passed by the streets , the Iranians from every level of society cheerd for him and threw the bunch of lowers on his way and trying kissing his foots!

The shah of iran was proud of his nation as wanted to make Iran Number one in the world!
He said in one of his speeches that he would not like to sell and ewport oil to blue-eyed worlds as the companies and Iranian factories had started to turn Iran to a developed country!

the shah of Iran was the center of peace in middle east that the world had great respect for him, and Saddam who was his enemy was frightend too much to dare a terrorims activity in middle east!

But you Americans who were fooled by Carter, brought an evil almond seller on the power of America!
And he betrayed the shah of Iran and even your own people!
Jimi Carter with the hand help of Britain and France , made a revolution in iran in which the palestinians fired the streets!

The nasty revolution in 1979 was done by the deseive of Jimi Carter and the results is that right now your towers were fallen down and many people and American soldiers must die!

Do not blame Bush for the war because that stupid nasty Jimi carter of Democrats betrayed Americans and killed the peace in the world!

Yes Shah of iran was an honnourable man but with too many enemies ,traitors and jelous in the world including fucking Jimi Carter!

long live Reza Shah II
Long live Bush
Damn with Carter

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shahineazadi

Kid Einstein

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was for a long time very anti-american because of garbage presidents like Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan. Carter, for being a backstabber, and Ronald Reagan for supporting Iraq during an unnecessary war.

G.W.Bush however is a different story. No matter how anti-american and leftwinged I was, I couldn't help but admiring Bush's campaign, which should've been started long ago. From there, I slowly evolved into a pro-american individual, turning instead of a hippie into a moderate on the right side of the political compass. That says alot of what I feel about him.

There are a couple of happy milestones in my life actually:

-Saddam was captured

-Ronald Reagan died

Personally, I'd like to beat Saddam to the death, and I'd like to piss on Reagan's grave while drinking a keg of beer.

All that there is left is Jimmy Carter to drop dead and some of those mullahs, including Khamenei drowning in my piss...!

Or one could hope...Rolling Eyes
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was for a long time very anti-american because of garbage presidents like Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan. Carter, for being a backstabber, and Ronald Reagan for supporting Iraq during an unnecessary war.

Well think about it. There is this country on the other side of the planet where everyday people gather to chant death to you. These people took 55 of your diplomats hostage for more than a year threatening to kill them. Then all of a sudden another country pops up which turns out to be the enemy of your enemy. Well the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Would you blame Reagan for supporting Iraq? What would you do if you were him? If some other country kept saying "death to Iran", I bet you we would have declared war on them ourselves.

Now Carter is a whole different story. The Shah and our government did nothing but be nice to his administration and he supports a murdering maniac like Khomeini and his thugs.
Kid Einstein

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azadeh_55 wrote:
Well think about it. There is this country on the other side of the planet where everyday people gather to chant death to you. These people took 55 of your diplomats hostage for more than a year threatening to kill them. Then all of a sudden another country pops up which turns out to be the enemy of your enemy. Well the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Would you blame Reagan for supporting Iraq? What would you do if you were him? If some other country kept saying "death to Iran", I bet you we would have declared war on them ourselves.

Now Carter is a whole different story. The Shah and our government did nothing but be nice to his administration and he supports a murdering maniac like Khomeini and his thugs.

=/

Do not take this offensively Azadeh, but I disagree with you. With a passion, in this case.

I'll present it in a list.

1: Iran did hold an entire embassy hostage. Yes. There is nothing more to add to it. Iran shouldn't have done it, because by that move, Iran made itself America's enemy. But that's it. That's where it ends.

2: The USA comes in with AEGIS cruisers and destroyers to the Persian Gulf in order to assist Iraq in it's war against Iran. It results in iranian oilrigs being destroyed, and a commercial airliner, with 290 passengers, including children, being downed by the AEGIS cruiser, USS Vincennes.

3: Does the embassy incident ALONE justify the American support to Iraq? Although France, USSR and Germany stood for the majority of the military support to Iraq, USA did deliver WMDs to Iraq. Not just a little. Other hardware was also sent to Iraq. Ever heard of Rumsfeld's envoy to Iraq? Much of the WMDs used by Iraq ended up wounding and killing our soldiers and our civillians.

4: The war went on for 8 years. Nobody protested it. It was so ****ing overlooked. America supported Iraq, while western media also took the chance and twisted the story into making Iran the bad guys in the war. Twisting our patriotic soldiers into fanatics who shouts "Allahu Akbar!" while marching in the battlefields. Confusing the easily fooled consumer into believing that the innercity militias were soldiers while we had commandos who would lead attacks at both Southern and Northern front.

5: I can understand that Reagan didn't want to support Iran, after the embassy incident... But to SUPPORT SADDAM?! Nothing justifies that. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. NOTHING! There is no point to it, besides profit. And letting a war go on for 8 years, just for profit is nothing but disgusting.

6: And then we have the Iran-Contras. Where USA clearly, by it's behaviour says "Here are some small weaponry from us... Go destroy yourselves now, cute little pawns...". And what happens after that? Well, Reagan does take a little garbage... But the war moves on.

See my motives, Azadeh? It doesn't matter whether Reagan was a good president in America. It doesn't matter whether he was a good force during the Cold War. It doesn't matter what many americans think about him. I think he is a scumbag and with good reasons. Son of a ***** lived for over 90 years! Children died during that war. Bullets. Bombs. Fear. That bastard assumed the role as the politically most powerful man in the world, yet seemed to enjoy that the war moved on in the way it did.

In conclusion: I want a keg of beer. You know what I would like to do with it.
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kid,with respect, but i agree with Azadeh on Reagan.

For the rest, you're correct.

Carter has been the worst American President ever..

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kid Einstein

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disagreements, agreements... All that jackitysmackity...

All I'm saying is that my hatred for both Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan doesn't come without reasons. Azadeh points out some of Iran's worst mistakes, yes, but it's not good enough to justify Reagan's actions during the eightyear bloodshed.

By that logic, about 50 persons lives being taken hostage equals nearly a million iranian deaths caused by iraqi gunfire, bombs and WMDs. And it justifies the american support towards Iraq.

I'm not taking any offence, but try to see it in my perspective. It won't hurt Wink
Eternal1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patriot wrote:
Dear eternal!

I will answere your question short and sweet!

The peopel of Iran did not turn against the lovely king like Shahanshah Aryamehr in 1979 !

the shah of Iran was the king that when he passed by the streets , the Iranians from every level of society cheerd for him and threw the bunch of lowers on his way and trying kissing his foots!

The shah of iran was proud of his nation as wanted to make Iran Number one in the world!
He said in one of his speeches that he would not like to sell and ewport oil to blue-eyed worlds as the companies and Iranian factories had started to turn Iran to a developed country!

the shah of Iran was the center of peace in middle east that the world had great respect for him, and Saddam who was his enemy was frightend too much to dare a terrorims activity in middle east!

But you Americans who were fooled by Carter, brought an evil almond seller on the power of America!
And he betrayed the shah of Iran and even your own people!
Jimi Carter with the hand help of Britain and France , made a revolution in iran in which the palestinians fired the streets!

The nasty revolution in 1979 was done by the deseive of Jimi Carter and the results is that right now your towers were fallen down and many people and American soldiers must die!

Do not blame Bush for the war because that stupid nasty Jimi carter of Democrats betrayed Americans and killed the peace in the world!

Yes Shah of iran was an honnourable man but with too many enemies ,traitors and jelous in the world including fucking Jimi Carter!

long live Reza Shah II
Long live Bush
Damn with Carter

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shahineazadi

You write very passionately, so I hope I do not offend you in my reply.

I agree more with aza. (earlier post) who described the unusual fever that captured Iranians and brought them out on the streets on Iran. The fact that this was in tandem with a massive anti shah propoganda machine involving all sorts of intrigue against the shah, I accept.

But Iranians did play their part. From people I have spoken to, who lived through this period, they describe scenarios similar to Aza.

Many Iranians who were out on the streets painfully regret the mistake they made, and this will serve to make them and hopefully future generations more wiser to the dirtiness of International politics,

..and the pivotal role that Islam has played in suffocating the consciousness of a people and their history.
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are brothers and sisters in fighting to help the Iranian people to get rid of the Mullahs regime!

Very Happy Wink

American Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eternal1,

You started a very good discussion here. I probably disagree with you on one issue.

You said:
Quote:
How many stories are there in History were the clergy plot and use intrigue against any person seeking to bring about change and progress, or who were seen as a threat.

..and in history we have examples of this in all religions, including christianity and Zoroastrianism (prophet mani), It seems religion is the perfect way to control people.

Religion has been used in bad ways at times, however so far as I have been able to discover, it is the only basis we have for morality. Although Christians have committed crimes against humanity (such as president Carter and his betrayal of Iran) they have also been the driving force behind Western Civilization. The reason the US has managed to maintain a democratic form of government with the freedoms we enjoy is because we are one of the most strongly religious countries in the world with well developed beliefs in right and wrong inculding a deep committment to religious freedom.

I was in the US when Carter was president and remember talking to an Iranian acquaintaince at that time. I think there is plenty of blame to go around but am inclined to agree with Azadeh_55. The Iranians have to take their share of the blame since they are the ones who actually overthrew the Shah and must deal honestly with the fundamentalist ideals which fueled the revolution.
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not taking any offence, but try to see it in my perspective. It won't hurt

OK, but if I was the head of state in Iran (call me Queen Azadeh Wink ) and America was threatening the existance of my country, I would have done the same thing that Reagan did.
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Religion has been used in bad ways at times, however so far as I have been able to discover, it is the only basis we have for morality.

Maybe that is your experience. Lots of people (including myself) do not believe in any religion or in any god and still manage to live decent lives. Believe it or not we actually get through life without killing people or stealing from them and whatnot. Wink

Quote:
Although Christians have committed crimes against humanity (such as president Carter and his betrayal of Iran) they have also been the driving force behind Western Civilization. The reason the US has managed to maintain a democratic form of government with the freedoms we enjoy is because we are one of the most strongly religious countries in the world with well developed beliefs in right and wrong inculding a deep committment to religious freedom.

I don't think anyone is saying Christianity (or Zoroastrianism) weren't the driving force behind their respective civilizations. Maybe they were and maybe they weren't. It doesn't really matter. I have to agree with Kid Einstein when he says they are the perfect tool to control people. But I think the issue at hand has nothing to do with Christianity or Zoroastrianism so it's pointless to even mention them. Don't get religion in the U. S. mixed up with religion in Iran; and don't get your religions mixed up either. We aren't talking about Christianity in Iran, we are talking about Islam. It's a whole other ball game we are talking about. Also religion has not been the driving force behind our civilization. On the contrary, religion has sought to destory our civilization and our identity and replace it with an Arab-Islamic one.

Quote:
I was in the US when Carter was president and remember talking to an Iranian acquaintaince at that time. I think there is plenty of blame to go around but am inclined to agree with Azadeh_55. The Iranians have to take their share of the blame since they are the ones who actually overthrew the Shah and must deal honestly with the fundamentalist ideals which fueled the revolution.

I never said Iranians were to blame. I said if any other country was exposed to the same propaganda as Iranians were, they would have done the same crazy things that Iranians did. I even cited Spain and virulent leftism as an example.

Bottom line: I have to say I blame religion for what happened to our country. If our people weren't affected by so much religious nonsense propaganda, they would have never fell for what a madman Ayatollah by the name of Khomeini was telling them. The only reason they listened to him was because he was a religious leader of sorts and people were deeply religious back then. I think had Khomeini not be a cleric, we would still be living in the Pahlavi dream era with a growing economy and peace and security (for the most part) in the world. And had the revolution not happened, the Iran-Iraq war never would have happened. The only reason Saddam even dared to invade our country was because he knew Khomeini had executed most of our armymen and our nation was very weak. And had the Iran revolution not happened, September 11 and most other subsequent terrorists acts (including recent events in Russia) would not have happened. I once read somewhere that Bin Laden said in an interview he got his idea for "Global Jihad against the Great Satan America" from Khomeini's revolution. He was inspired by Khomeini. Go figure.
American Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azadeh_55,

I agree with you to a large extent. It is clear that the Iranians have been victims. Your culture was severely supressed in the past because of the Arab invasion and the imposition of Islam by force.

I don't wish to get into a debate about religion since that would detract from the main point of this site but did take exception to the blanket condemnation of all religions. Athiests, Agnostics, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews and Zoroastrians are all victims of fundamentalist Islam. My point about religion is not that all individuals need religion to be good citizens, but that religion is the basis for current civilizations. Society needs some basis for forming moral systems and religion has so far served that purpose well. Since so many people need a belief in the transcendent, if we destroy moderate religions, fanatics will arise to take their place.

Quote:
I never said Iranians were to blame. I said if any other country was exposed to the same propaganda as Iranians were, they would have done the same crazy things that Iranians did. I even cited Spain and virulent leftism as an example

I must have misunderstood your point. From the converstaions with my Iranian friend at the time, it is my judgment that Iranians have to take some responsibility since they were the ones who actually overthrew the Shah. I don't mean that as a condemnation of Iranians. By no means do I think Iranians are inferior to other people, but we all have to learn from our history both good and bad. Part of our history is how we react to that type of propaganda. Only by careful introspection can we each learn to avoid being manipulated like that in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: