[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pot Banging - 18 Tir Festivity Idea in Iran

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> 18 Tir Help Desk, Discussion & Coordination (BREAKING NEWS)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Pot Banging - 18 Tir Festivity Idea in Iran Reply with quote

Years ago, during Pinochet's dicatorship in Chile, speaking out against the government was generally lethal to one's health. So, the opposition initiated pot-banging demonstrations. Opponents opened their windows and beat pots and pans. Within a few years, the dictatorship fell and democracy was restored. Therefore, I call on all Iranians within Iran to bang pots and pans on 18 Tir to express opposition to the tyrannical regime.

My question for everyone is what time of day would be best?
pot banging?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good Idea, but seems you don't know Mullahs well enough.

These guys have come to power with a mandate to destroy Iran.
and they are not allowed to leave (even if they want to!)Not before they completely destroy our land and culture and send all the Oil to EU and elsewhere.

Now if you think the level of noise on the streets that house no mullahs will bother them, and make them run away, then it's worth trying perhaps.

But remember we're dealing with ruthless blood thirsty terrorists butchers (backed by EU). wish we were dealing with just an ordinary dictator like pinoche or a mad-man like saddam! no such luck in our case!!!
Confused

sucks to have Brits as your enemy's best buddy, doesn't it? tell me about it americans!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying that pot-banging in and of itself will remove the mollahs - I'm not that naive. I'm merely pointing it out as means of Iranians within Iran to protest the government without getting killed or imprisoned. The psychological impact will be mainly on the protesters - they will get an idea of how numerous and unlonely they are. This could lead to even more dramatic action, which I will not try to predict.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
I'm not saying that pot-banging in and of itself will remove the mollahs - I'm not that naive. I'm merely pointing it out as means of Iranians within Iran to protest the government without getting killed or imprisoned. The psychological impact will be mainly on the protesters - they will get an idea of how numerous and unlonely they are. This could lead to even more dramatic action, which I will not try to predict.

Now that you put it this way. I definitely agree.

there is one thing we gotta be careful, and that's if this happens on streets during the rally, the level of noise will only aggrevate the gaurds and thugs some more.

someone suggested this before and mentioned those who can't participate in rallies can denounce the regime this way on rooftops. (as you put it 'pot banging' on all rooftops!

this could also be done at nights in certain time, the whole city together...

I'm sure it's an effective method.

mind you, XTV is also encouraging the public to turn off all the lights on Thursday nights! for a certain time. 9:00 -9:30 I believe it is.

these are all effective ways of sending the messege out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iran must have the highest record for Banging and also Pot! Laughing

Time to replace those with 'pot banging' or else
!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> 18 Tir Help Desk, Discussion & Coordination (BREAKING NEWS) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: