[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Plea for Help, on Behalf of the Iranian People
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
by ActivistChat.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: A Plea for Help, on Behalf of the Iranian People Reply with quote

Click Here: To Get Breaking News Alerts (All Iran-Related) In Your Mailbox
A Plea for Help, on Behalf of the Iranian People

by ActivistChat.com

Dear citizen who supports the will of Iran's population:

The reaction and outpouring of support from fellow citizens of the world in response to the people's struggle for freedom in Iran has been truly remarkable. The one major principle that binds the Iranian people to the rest of us, regardless of creed, is love of freedom. Iranians wish to achieve it and to feel it, fully and for the first time in a long time.

As you may know, there have recently been uprisings in several cities in Iran; these were sparked by anger at the regime for years of repression,
illegitimate rule, and countless criminal acts that have been perpetrated by the ruling clerics against Iran's citizens. One such uprising has been initiated and sustained over the past few days in the Iranian city of Fereydoon-Kenar; [url=http://www.activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1424]recent
reports coming out of Iran[/url] reveal that the people's long-dormant fury has spread to other nearby cities.

There is no question that the regime in Iran has been responsible for the murder, torture, and repression of freedom-loving Iranian people. Less widely known are its roles in political assassinations worldwide and in supporting fundamentalist terrorism -- most notably Hizbollah and Al Qaeda, not to mention that the United States State Department has designated the clerical regime to be one of the most active state sponsors of terrorism for their increasing support to groups such as Hizballah, HAMAS, and the Palestine Islamic Jihad (PIJ), which seek to undermine the Middle East peace negotiations through the use of terrorism.

Even more disturbing are countless reports that reveal the movement of Al Qaeda personnel and leadership across the Afghan/Iran border, as well as reports of thousands of regime-sponsored clerics and operatives who have been entering Iraq since the fall of the Hussein regime. The creation of strong, stable and democratic governments in both Afghanistan and Iraq are a clear and present threat to the mullahs, and so it is likely they will do everything in their power to prevent such a threat from ever materializing.

In light of all the profoundly disturbing evidence that links the regime of mullahs to international terrorism, Middle Eastern instability, blatant and consistent violations of human rights, and oppression of a just and cultured people, the world's policies toward the regime -- inaction and tacit support chief among them -- are puzzling, as is the question of how the clerics maintain their grip on the nation.

As with so many other situations of international politics, what moves the world's governments to act -- or to look the other way -- is the scent of money. In Iran's case, foreign countries are beguiled by the regime's efficiency, which appears to others as shrewd business but in truth amounts to systematic exploitation of seventy million well-educated people who demand more than the current repression and exploitation they are consistently dealt. But these cold, lifeless systems are showing their age, and are threatened by the hot rage in the hearts of Iranians who hunger for new freedom. People around the world can show their support, can light the small fires of solidarity that will finally merge with the Iranians' and burn out every last vestige of the old regime.

To get a better understanding of the regime's brutality, the destructive and evil nature of the mullahs, and their most recent human rights abuses, one only has to take a glimpse at the US State Department's 2003 Human Rights Report on Iran.

We are the real noisemakers. We can spread the word. We must make the ears of our politicians ring sympathetically, and we must hear in return their firm support for our message. We can alert the media, silent for so long; we can amplify our voices through them until the world has heard of the regime's atrocities: murder, rape, beatings, oppression, evil.

To effect the change we desire, we must send emails and faxes and, more importantly, our voices (through the telephone network) to our representatives. International support for the regime must stop. It must be replaced by support for the wishes of the people, namely: freedom for the good people of Iran.

Please spread this message as far as you can.

-------------

We the people of the world demand that:

1) The Government of (your nation) and all political representatives call for the regime in Iran to release all political prisoners who are caged like animals across Iran;

2) The Government of (your nation) and all political representatives immediately cease the legitimization of the Islamic Regime in Iran;

3) The Government of (your nation) and all political representatives work with the United Nations to orchestrate a team of observers to be sent to Iran;

4) The Government of (your nation) and all political representatives issue an ultimatum to the regime in Iran, insisting that it step down peacefully;

5) The Government of (your nation) and all political representatives work with the United Nations to launch an investigation and, if deemed necessary, to prosecute in international courts every high-level regime official for crimes against humanity;

6)The Government of (your nation) and all political representatives
understand and acknowledge the fact that the Iranian people have declared the clerical regime to be illegitimate, a criminal operation not supported by its subjects.

By boycotting the illegal "election" of February 20, 2004, the Iranian people sent a clear message to the regime and to the world. Their wishes must be honored.

In the words of the famous Persian poet Saadi Shirazi,

"Human beings are all members of one body.
They are created from the same essence.
When one member is in pain,
The others cannot rest.
If you do not care about the pain of others,
You do not deserve to be called a human being."

-------------

Peace, Unity & Freedom,
ActivistChat.com.
Sergio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: You can achieve it Reply with quote

Freedom is within your grasp. The world is apparently unwilling to help you, so you will have to do it yourselves.

Because the media is lazy and U.S. attention span is short, you need individuals among you, people with personalities, to try to get the attention of FOX or CNN. The blogosphere will help. But in the end, George Washington and Benjamin Franklin types are going to have to arise from among you.
Cindy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: h Reply with quote

FREEDOM is coming..

-Cindy
Zach

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Fight. Reply with quote

You must bring to their table what they have brought to yours. You see the lives lived by others around you in this world, and it's no surprise you want that life for yourself.

It is those of us who appreciate our freedom the most, that truly believe in your cause, and want you to have what is now truly in your grasp.

Zach
Philadelphia, USA
AsWeFight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

I am an American and I wish I was in Iran right now, for I would fight alongside the Iranian people and would never stop until liberty is achieved!
Bill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Free Iran! Reply with quote

Every American in America supports you, except John Kerry, who has said he supports the Mullahs.
Governments typically favor the status quo, so it is unlikely that US forces will be rolling across the border in your support, however, if you can get to the point of declaring a government in some significant portion of Iran, you have a much better chance of being recognised, and aided. You have allies in Turkey, in the north, Iraq (!) in the south, and Afganistan in the east.
Good luck.
redemption

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does John Kerry stand for anyways other than cutting back defense and making love to mullahs? I just don't get it.. I believe once the Iranian people really make some noise and significant demonstrations/civil disobedience/and general strikes go on for days - the BUSH Admin should honestly take the opportunity and openly condemn the regime and side with the Iranian people! What do you think? -- actually I think he could've been doing more condeming up until now, but he's got lots of advisors, lots of views, and we're in an election cycle.. Nevertheless, FREEDOM!!!!
Smilodon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: I wish you well Reply with quote

I wish you well...

I think the key to overthrowing the mullahs is to shut down key industries. If you can shut down the railroads, the docks, the oil fields, and the refineries, that would get the world's attention. Okay, I sound cynical, but I don't think you will get much media attention unless you cause an economic crisis.

If you get right down to it, once the Iranian people throw off mullah despotism, Iran can become an example to others. If the people of Hasa organize, they can overthrow the Wahhabis through a general strike in the Hasa oil fields. The overthrow of the mullahs would open the door to pro-democracy protests during the Hajj. Of course, you will get beaten and killed (as if you aren't getting that treatment already), but you'd make the Saudi police look bad and undermine Wahhabi control over Mecca and Medina.

Riots can be effective for a while, but to get the outside world's attention, you've got to make your plight be meaningful to them. I'm pretty sure that if you can shut down the mullahs' source of money that allows them to pay their goons, the goons will turn on the mullahs when they no longer get paid. Shutting off supplies of oil and natural gas will get the world's attention.

I hope this helps.
FabFiveTX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: freedom Reply with quote

Yah - you're right.. the mullahs are a dead regime walking - and all that is needed is a major major major general strike that shuts down the oil industry, government and everything.. the mullahs will be sitting in Tehran not knowing what to do except run!
asher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Smilodon, you sound like a pretty intelligent person ... I bet you even know how to spell salpinx, urticate, and bordereau ...
redemption

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great points made!!!!

by the way, Asher: how were the biscuits Smile ?
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redemption wrote:
What does John Kerry stand for anyways other than cutting back defense and making love to mullahs? I just don't get it.. I believe once the Iranian people really make some noise and significant demonstrations/civil disobedience/and general strikes go on for days - the BUSH Admin should honestly take the opportunity and openly condemn the regime and side with the Iranian people! What do you think? -- actually I think he could've been doing more condeming up until now, but he's got lots of advisors, lots of views, and we're in an election cycle.. Nevertheless, FREEDOM!!!!

JOHN KERRY IS THE ENEMY OF THE OPPRESSED PEOPLE..

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Anonymous Coward

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Bush Vs. Kerry Reply with quote

If Kerry is the enemy of the oppressed people...
and Bush is the destroyer of the oppressed people...

...then would you prefer to be be destroyed or simply have an enemy?

It's no secret Bush is already telling lies about himself and his opponents. Hasn't he been doing that since he stole office? Would you trust a thief?[/quote]
asher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's certainly a relief.

If AC's post is indicative of the kind of "intellect" Bush will be facing from Kerry supporters, I'd say he hasn't got a thing to worry about.

Fab5, I'm totally down with that. Sounds like some of the workers in oil-related industries are striking now.

Redemption, Kerry doesn't stand for anything except John Kerry, we all know that. He managest to be on BOTH sides of EVERY issue. He actually makes Clinton look straightforward.

Yeah, Bush is being pretty cautious about what he says. I liked the article Stefania posted saying, isn't it about time we said "Yes, sir" rather than "No, sir" to regime change - refering to Armitage's comment last year. But it seems like the State people are starting to come on board with the White House. I hope so, anyway.

I don't know what it will take to get the attention of the so-called "news" media, and franlky I don't much care anymore. They have demonstrated their irrelevance pretty conclusively here. Are they so afraid of saying even one word about Iran? Are their reporters being held hostage? Well, there have been American hostages in Iran before. The Iranian people are being held hostage by the regime - but they're doing something about it.
stefania

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Kerry is enemy of the Iranian Freedom Movement, because he has made clear that if he is elected, he will "repair the damage done by the Bush Admin" with regard to Iran .. He has wrote this to Tehran Times.

Don't forget that one of his main foundraisers is the infamous NIAC.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: