[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iran's Antidemocratic Forces - Part I: Their Treatment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spenta

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
this is where I disagree with you. In the last few years, Iran's economic growth has resulted in more infrastructure development (one notable example being the telecom network), more opening of trade, and more privatization, all of which, while benefiting the mullahs, also benefits the general populace.

Read this BusinessWeek Online story on Iran:

Obvioulsy some Iranians and the European Coloniali$t$ have benefitted from Reform$. The same could be said about China, and Businessweek has been a big cheerleader for opening China up to investment as well. In order to improve infrastructure you don't need the IRI or the list I mentioned before: more mass arrests, double the number of executions, stonings, amputations, Iran is even poorer than before, inflation is making most things unaffordable, standards of living have gone even further down, more young people are unemployed, more are addicts & prostitutes, more brain drain and Iran now is at the bottom of the IMF list of Economic competativeness, instead of being next to last.

You also forgot to mention, much of what has been developed as infrastructure at 10 to 15 times the going rate, on account of the Mullah$ major skimming of all funds, is already crumbling. So you propose the barbaric oppression above, total waste of the country's revenues, increase in debt, robbing from future generations to bribe off the world, and a sale of Iran's natural resources as a way of bribing the New Colonialist EU as the way to build a crumbling infrastructure that is so shoddy, the recently opened multi billion dollar airport in Tehran is already falling apart? Rolling Eyes

I think there is a much better way of building Iran's infrastructure properly, without the mass arrests, and exectutions and barbaric punishments, wasteful expenditures, giving the country away to the EU, and mortgaging the future and its called a secular democracy and get rid of the Mullah$ NOW!!!
blank

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spenta: good response to Trainspotter.......I agree the more trade the richer the rag-heads become and the poorer the nation becomes....any so called "developement" is for their own convience and at the expense of the looting of the country......
redemption

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:
Do you want Araft to continue looting Iranian resources for his own benefit ???

I think you are exaggerating the importance of Arafat in all of this. If you think Arafat is getting rich from money given to the Palestinians by the Arab States and Iran, you should see how many billions Israelis and Americans are making from weapons contracts from the roughly $10 billion that U.S. taxpayers give Israel every year for its ongoing "war" against Palestinians.

Israel currently builds colonies in the occupied territories and gives several times more water to the Israeli colonists from water sources in the occupied territories than to native Palestinians per capita. Israel is an apartheid state.

What I want is international law. If international law governed everything, then there would be peace and prosperity. As it is, Israel is the most consistent violator of international law.

What do you mean precisely by "What I want is international law"?

Do you mean you want a unified world governmental body based on one standard law that governs all? Because there is already international law - the problem is nations have various agendas and self-interests, so why should one nation that is in a totally different position and status than another have to adhere to same exactl laws.. However - on issues such as Human Rights, etc.. these should be unified international laws, but then ask the Europeans why they turn their backs on so many Human RIghts abuses in Iran.. Or as the chinese gov why they do what they do to their citizens?
redemption

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spenta I concur..

A Free Iran in which religion and government are separate and the people are able to choose who Iran does business with and the government is by the people will evolve xtremely fast and well.. INfrastructure will improve many many many times of what it is today.. How can someone even defend the Mullahs and say that they have been good for Iran - that is complete nonsense..!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: