[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Iranian Asylum Seekrs in Turkey!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spenta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Help Iranian Asylum Seekrs in Turkey! Reply with quote

From another Board & another Member:

Fellow Compatriots,

Helping our homeless compatriots seeking asylum, who are nothing less than our Iranian brothers and sisters, runs parallel to our political activism against the Islamist Republic. If there are those of you who find it difficult to participate in the political front, rest assured that your efforts in the other are no less noble and will not be unappreciated. Helping these Iranians in Ankara is to let these compatriots know that we care about them; that there are still those Iranians who have not forgotten that one day, they too were asylum seekers.

An asylum seeker who was recently interviewed by the UNHCR in Ankara called me to let me know that during her interview the case officer pulled out and read the short letter which I had faxed them in her support. THESE FAXES DO GET READ. As to what to write, I would put a sample here, as is my habit, but what I wrote was somewhat personal. I suggest making references to the political situation in Iran and to international law. I think that we should all send our own letters, expressing our own personal thoughts. Unlike petitions, these letters would suggest, in a more direct manner, that the writer is following the situation closely and personally.

So please write a short letter and fax to:

UNHCR in Ankara, Turkey:

FAX: 0090-312-441-1738

Please post this fax number, along with this picture, in the boards you frequent.

Sepasse Faravan,
Payande Iran o Iranian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: