[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reza Pahlavi's Message for the Start of the New School Year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spenta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reza Pahlavi's Message for the Start of the New School Year Reply with quote

Another excellent message from Reza Pahlavi for the start of the new school year.

HTML Farsi:
http://www.rezapahlavi.org/messages/mehr1382.html

Acrobat:

http://www.rezapahlavi.org/messages/mehr1382.pdf

Thank-you Reza Pahlavi
stefania

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received his newsletter,but unfortunately i dont know yet what it says...is there the english version? i subscribed to his newsletter..
BTW,he is very nice and sexy Very Happy

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
legha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:01 am    Post subject: views Reply with quote

Stefania - I have heard is views and am very much in agreement... though, his sexiness won't get the job done.. He needs to really get out there and RALLY all Iranians to fight back to free Iran!

Btw, on FOX NEWS this morning Senator Kyl of Arizona talked about how the especially the younger generation of Iranians want to overthrow the regime and how the US is hoping the Iranian people can overthrow the mullahs!!
stefania

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Hey! i was going to post here a message on Senator Jon Kyl/R-Arizona) because i also saw him on Fox News Channel !!!
i just read your post and you took me my words away from my mouth!!
when i heard him saying that about iran i was so happy and was trying to connect the web to inform you..
BTW,Bush is going to speak to the United Nations;let us hope he will talk as he must..of course the mullahs will be hearing ( they are UNFORTUNATELY represented at the United Nations!! Evil or Very Mad )
Also,i wish to read the interviewed by Brit Hume with Bush...the problem is that i am in Italy and my time is late when Fox airs it... Crying or Very sad

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was joking( he is really nice..) .. of course the most important thing is thinking of how to help the iranian people! my activism is for this,not for the beauty of Reza... Wink

stefania

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone translate for me his speech? Sad

Anahita

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a rough and rather bad translation. The actual sentences are much more coherent and well-written (even at times poetic) than my translation. Basically it starts by congratulating students on the start of classes. He says that:

we start this academic new year at a time when the regime's forces brutally and mercilessly beat and arrested thousands of our freedom loving youth.

Their only crime was that they wanted to remember those friends that had been jailed and executed by the regime and also tell the world of their aspirations for freedom.

Those voices of those students were heard by thousands of others who came to support of the student's aspirations for freedom and the protests were sustained until the regime got too scared and ruthlessly attacked our freedom loving people.

The brutal treatment that they received once again confirmed to the world that this regime is anti-freedom and has no regard for human rights and the only thing sustaining it is its use of brutal force to crackdown on protesters.

Once again, it became clear to the world that reformist/hardliner is nothing but a game and that the two groups are sides of the same coin that have continuously formed a united front against the aspirations of those who strive for freedom and security in their country.

Although the protests of the past few months had grave consequences for our compatriots, many of whom who were jailed and tortured, at the same time it was a positive outcome because it made it clear to everyone that the youth of our country are committed, once and for all, to closing the chapter of supersitious beliefs and showing the true face of the religious dictatorship to the world.

Dear teachers, professors, and students:

The year that we have ahead of us is very important in determining the future of our country. The regime is working very hard to gain legimitacy for itself, something that it never had. The fake parties of the regime are trying as always to bring Iranians to the voting booths with many traps and mental mind-games in order to buy some type of legitimacy for themsleves. I am certain that people will take a hard look at the dark history of this regime and will be ready to counter such propaganda.

Let it be so that you students and teachers with your rationalist approach and your patiotism and a strong belief in yourselves, speed up the process of put an end to this oppressive regime.

Reza Pahlavi

Sorry. This was a rather quick translation. My favourite part of the speech was when he says that the regime is trying to buy itself some legitimacy by bringing people up to the voting booths. He is very subtle about it. He doesn't just come out and say "boycott the elections" as if it's an order. Instead he says that the regime is using many channels including your votes in order to buy itself some legitimacy.
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the people of Iran hear his speech?

Anahita

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who have illegal satellite dishes did. I don't know how many people have them but when I was there this summer, a lot of people had them. Unfortunately, the regime sends harmful (cancer-causing) signals to jam the satellite signals. So a lot of people don't get to see the programs even if they have the dish. There are also some radio programs that broadcast into Iran but I don't know if any of them aired this speech.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, don't you guys think he looks like the CEO of a big company? Every time I see him I keep thinking about how much he looks like the president of a large multi-billion dollar company or something similar. Or maybe even a bank? What do you guys think?
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dears,in an italian site there is a virtual game called:"Prince of Persia"..
www.libero.it

stefania

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone give me the web address of Darius Homayoon?

Saman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Hey, don't you guys think he looks like the CEO of a big company? Every time I see him I keep thinking about how much he looks like the president of a large multi-billion dollar company or something similar. Or maybe even a bank? What do you guys think?

That's because he's got stature.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: