[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABOUT THE MOVIE "ALEXANDER" = ROXANA?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hyrcanian princess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: ABOUT THE MOVIE "ALEXANDER" = ROXANA? Reply with quote

ABOUT THE MOVIE "ALEXANDER" = ROXANNE?

It's amazing how some people who know the least about Persianity can make a movie about Persians... ????

But I mostly wonder, HOW COULD OLIVER STONE CHOSE ROSARIO DAWSON TO PLAY A PERSIAN PRINCESS? Physically, she's not even close to present-day Persians, so how could she be "alike" a ´pure Persian princess of the past?

What happened to the "tall, blue-eyed, beautiful Persian women", whom the Greek Historian Xenephon smugly wrote about..?

Still today, famous directors believe that, even our ancestors, the mighty Indo-European-Persians, looked like Hispanics or light-skinned Arabs..... oH! Persians, 2500 years ago, were of a pure ancestry, qualified as "Caucasian" (since the oldest Iranian settlers were found in Caucasia...). Rosario Dawson rather looks like a north-African or Sri Lankan, but certainly not like our beloved and cherished “Roshanak”....

I have, many years, wondered and fantasized about Alexander and Roxanne (since my fiancé is Greek...Coincidence? history repeats itself...). So I really went to look for some infos about Greeks and their relations to Iranians.

I get really offended when people imagine the Persian princess like "desert princess with dark hair, veal, and the belly out (like "yasmin" in the silly ¨Disney movie "Aladdin"). This stereotype is SO FAR FROM THE TRUTH; it's like comparing a horse with a mouse.
IRANIAN PRINCESSES were the first women to wear corsets. They had big fluffy skirts (a bit 1789-stlylish) and wore hats. The Persian coat (a purely Eurasian thing) was common, such as boots. Actually, Persian women dressed mostly and looked mostly like the typical "Russian traditional Babushkas". Since Persia lied mostly between central Asia and Eastern Europe, and therefore clothes were well-adapted for snow and hard winter. Even today, a "PERSIAN" is the name of a famous type/style of fury coat.

Therefore, it's wrong to pretend that a subtle, elegant and fragile Persian princess could look&dress like a Semitic woman of the desert (ARABIC BELLY-DANCING TYPE), with her belly out and wearing no shoes (Do I need to remind OLIVER STONE that Iranians actually invented the shoe?????). Say as much as you want about the Shah & company, but god! If he was still alive he’d never let a single person associate us with “savage sand-monkeys”.

Sorry, if I offend all of you Arab-lovers, but I'm really disappointed, since me and my Greek fiancé decided to call our future children: Alexander, Roxanne, and Darius or, last but not least: Kourosh (Greeks also use that name as we do)

Anyway, when the mullahs and the rest of the craping bullshiters of Islam will disappear, I'm pretty sure that people will stop associate us with "Jaffars, Akbars, (etc.)" and will see the Darius, Pouran-Dokht or Cyrus in us instead.

It's only a matter of time. I'm sure that the next government will rapidly eliminate all Arabic-associations in Iran's society. It's only a matter of time…
Liberator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Misrepresentation of our ancient personalities! Reply with quote

If this is true it is truly sad, that we should be portrayed as something we never were! The poster is right in saying that if the Shah was alive he would have never let our beatiful ancient Persian Princesses/Empress' be portrayed as something they never were!

This movie will not give the right picture to those who wish to learn more about Persian culture and how Persians looked back then! One would have thought that the producers would have put some more thought into actually researching Persian history and maybe even get advise from a Persian who actually knows something about his/her history and culture, but it does not look so...

It's like if a movie on Princess Diana would be played by a Maroccan lady!

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Misrepresentation of our ancient personalities! Reply with quote

Liberator wrote:
This movie will not give the right picture to those who wish to learn more about Persian culture and how Persians looked back then!

Of course it won't. Don't forget. It's about ALEXANDER the so-called "Great". In this movie, Persians are portrayed as evil. Which is quite ironic since Alexander was the one who burned Persepolis, and more importantly BURNED the ORIGINAL Avesta (Dating Back to I think 1500 BCE). How can a person like that be called "Great"? He also had a huge ego. The guy named like 18 cities after himself. And he died from drinking dirty water at age 34. So much for the Macedonian Prince.
blank

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To princes with the Greek fiance.........Sorry to burst your bubble but Alexander "the great" as far as we the Persians are concerned is "Alexander the Evil & murdurer"....& BTW he was NO prince........he was a bi......
Liberty Now !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: -- Reply with quote

ah, what the hell.

They have done worst to us.

I know just how to get back at them. just let us be free of these mullahs, we'll make thema movie they won't forget Wink
Equality

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander was a stupid barbarian. That idiot burned down Persepolis in a drunken rage. Why was he so great? Because he conquered lands? Sorry but it takes more than being a stupid barbarian to be called great.

As for what westerners think of us, well they are all mostly uneducated morons who think we are all Arabs, we just have to learn to deal with their stupidity and correct them afterwards.
9karevatan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i hear is that it was unnormal for alexander the greek to destroy buildings but that night he was extremely drunk and his women insisted on it...
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!
Sourena

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blank wrote:
To princes with the Greek fiance.........Sorry to burst your bubble but Alexander "the great" as far as we the Persians are concerned is "Alexander the Evil & murdurer"....& BTW he was NO prince........he was a bi......

Alexander WAS a Prince, he became king by succession. He was the son of the Macedonian King Phillip II (who was murdered by one of Alexander's friends, prtesumably one of his gay lovers). But I agree he was not "Great", it is ironic that many Persians name their children "Eskandar" after him.

9karevatan wrote:
what i hear is that it was unnormal for alexander the greek to destroy buildings but that night he was extremely drunk and his women insisted on it...

Not his women, but only one woman. There are two stories concerning this woman.
1. She was a Greek who hated Persians.
2. She was Persian.

I can't remember the exact details about her. I'll post the details after I do some research.
Hyrcanian Princess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Alexander Reply with quote

I'm so glad for all the positive response I got. My primary concern was about the mistake of portraying the beautiful Eurasian Rushanak as an African lady. It's so bizarre? How could Hollywood let that happen if there are so many Iranians living in LA? Didn’t Iranians in the film industry criticize movie makers? I hope all of it is a BIG rumor. Sure, Rosario Dawson is very beautiful and spicy, but she doesn’t look Persian at all. Of course, there are some darker skinned Iranians living in the South, but for god sake! Rosario Dawson doesn’t even look like an Abadani or Balutchi. And more to this: Rushanak lived in Bactria (which is 2day’s Afghanistan. And who could ever forget the deep turquoise eye’s of Afghan-Persian ladies????)

Anyway, the closest you can get to a Persian “Princess” in most recent years are Farah Diba, Princess Suraya (…) - And none of them look like Rosario Dawson. If I was Farah Diba, I’ll get very very very offended!

Now about Alexander: I read a huge article about how Alexander never burned Persepolis. It's a myth. Persepolis was destroyed after a huge earthquake. The fire in the palace occurred when Alexander and his soldiers had a massive orgiac party in the main reception. Alexander loved Persians and never had intentions on burning Persepolis. His main objective was to prove to Athenians that even Macedonians were Greeks and carriers of the Greek culture. But along the way, he fell in love with Persia and got “Iranized”: he spoke Persian, married Persian women, wore Persian clothes etc. Actually, he became so persianized that some Greeks in the army called him a bastard...
Now, to the Western European culture, he’s the symbol of victory. But to the Greeks, he’s a symbol of Greek unity (opposing the Aristocratic Athenian superiority of Antique Greece).

Through the years, he also became a symbol of victory in the Islamic world.

Conclusion: “Alexander” is a symbol of Europe and Asia. Asia is the mother to all civilization of the modern world (Persia, India, China…) and Europe is just one of Asia’s most recent “organs”.

I RAN
U RAN
WE AL RAN
FROM IRAN!
blank

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care what kind of party he had he still burnet the great Takhte- Jamshid, we as Persinas hold him responsible for that act, therefore he is no hero to us only an arsonist thug....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blank wrote:
I don't care what kind of party he had he still burnet the great Takhte- Jamshid, we as Persinas hold him responsible for that act, therefore he is no hero to us only an arsonist thug....

This is the living proof of ignorance and narrow minded persons.
And secondly, the topic was mostly about “Roxanne” as Rosario Dawson (an Iranian Princess portrayed by a Latina-African) and not whether Alexander was a villain or a hero. Any person who wants to argue about that, should open a new forum/topic of discussion.
Saman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
blank wrote:

And secondly, the topic was mostly about “Roxanne” as Rosario Dawson (an Iranian Princess portrayed by a Latina-African) and not whether Alexander was a villain or a hero. Any person who wants to argue about that, should open a new forum/topic of discussion.

"Guest", you should become a member of this forum before you start to set your own terms for the usage of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spenta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have a black Puerto Rican playing Roxanne ??? Shocked

"Is of Puerto Rican, Cuban African, Irish and Native American descent. "

Rolling Eyes
blank

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
blank wrote:

Guest, you are not only a coward...because you can't even pick a fake name but you are a stupid, idiot trying to act like you know it all..so you moron if you read this thread completely THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT ALEXANDER "THE THUG", so if you don't even have the balls to pick a name then you are the living proof of cowardness and stupidity.
9karevatan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blank come on my friend.....

u seem to lose your temper easily....

keep calm buddy Cool
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: