[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Millions celebrate the Sizde Bedar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> HAPPY NOWRUZ PERSIAN NEW YEAR to Over 300 Million People
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sizde Bedar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Millions celebrate the Sizde Bedar Reply with quote

Millions celebrate the Sizde Bedar
SMCCDI (Information Service)
Apr 1, 2004

Millions of Iranians celebrated, today, the traditional Sizde Bedar qualified by the dogmatic clerics as "Pagan Tradition". Hundreds of them used the occasion to send another political message to the World by showing their rejection of the Theocratic system.

Crowd gathered from the late hours of the morning in the Capital's and in most provincial cities' parks while many moved out of the cities.

In most places, such as, in Tehran's Park Mellat, Manzarieh, Darband and Laleh, these gatherings were used by many freedom fighters in order to shout slogans against the regime and to call for a UN watched free election on the choice of the future Iranian regime.

Sporadic clashes took place near the Evin Political jail as some of the families of political prisoners and tens of protesters gathered in order to reject the persistent rights abuses. Other clashes took place near the governmental TV HQ located beside Park Mellat as security agents tried to move in order to arrest identified "trouble makers".

Iranians will go back to their home, later this afternoon, and will end the 13 days celebration which started with the beginning of the Iranian New Year on March 20th.
9karevatan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very disapointing that millions go out but hundreds protest
that is a joke if u ask me and it means that less than 0.00005% protested
and my math is problably wrong and its most likely less than that Crying or Very sad
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!
Eala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: the math is wrong Reply with quote

9karevatan, Assuming 60 million celebrated and only 200 protested, you have 0.00033%, more than 10 times larger than your estimate. Wink

But it is a holiday, no?
Eala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. Thought I saw "2", not "5'" at the end of that number. Oh well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow 10 times u got me there Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats revolution material if u ask me Cool
redemption

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: dd Reply with quote

Truthfully, I think we're overanalzying this anyhow. The bottomline is that the continuing celebration of all these Persian holidays in the face of the ruling Mullahs who have no culture, no heart, and no morality is a constant victory and strengthening mechanism for the Iranian people. As Iranians and non-Iranians who support the movement for freedom in the MIddle East and regime-change in Iran we must understand that despite what actions or inaction for that matter resonates out of capitals from Paris to Washington to London - there is always one variable, one factor, that is independent of all the political deal making, and that is the will of the Iranian people who long for a major change. I feel that there are some in Washington who do want the US to more openly support the Iranian people, but there are also some dealmakers who approach the situation in more of a Euro-style (Leave the regime in power and deal with the killers), but then of course they criticize Bush and the policy in Iraq all the time, when in fact much of the difficulty in Iraq is due to the Islamic Regime next door and much of the problems would be alleviated if this regime was sent to hell..

-Just my two sense..!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> HAPPY NOWRUZ PERSIAN NEW YEAR to Over 300 Million People All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: