[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letter & Plea From Sister of Imprisoned Mohamadi Brother

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spenta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Letter & Plea From Sister of Imprisoned Mohamadi Brother Reply with quote

Please send this email to Human Rights Groups, asking them to take immediate action to investigate the circumstances of the Mohammadi Brothers.

Email Subject Field: Plea Letter from sister of Imrprisoned Student Leaders in Iran !

Dear __

English Translation of Letter by Sister of Mohamadi Brothers posted on the Iranvajahan web site in Farsi:

http://www.iranvajahan.net/cgi-bin/news.pl?l=fa&y=1382&m=06&d=21&a=4

Nasreen Mohamadi,

A Report on the condition of 2 imprisoned students, Manuchehr and Akbar Mohamadi.
From Iranvajahan

I, Nasreen Mohamadi, sister of Manuchehr and Akbar Mohamadi, during my recent conversation with my father in Iran on 9/6/03 heard the following from him. " Your mother, Simin (my sister) and I went to see Manucher and Akabr in prison this morning. When we entered the visiting room your mother fainted the second she saw Manuchehr's face."

My father added, back in June after a 6 day furlough from prison, Manucher returned to prison and disappeared. After he was returned to the main prison, we realised that he had been in solitary confinement for 37 days in cell 325 of Sepah. During this time they had tied his hands and feet and covered his mouth. They had put him under the most extreme physical and psychological pressures. For 2 days they took him to a cell that was full of crawling, stinging and dangerous insects all over the floor.

According to my father, Manuchehr has been under such severe pressure, that his face and appearance has totally changed. Meanwhile Akbar, who had protested the senseless arrest of my father and sister Simin, was thrown into solitary confinement as punishment. He went on a hunger strike for 16 days. When my family visited him he had lost more than 30Kg. He was also in a poor psychological state.

My father added, " The Mazandaran Intellignce Ministry is planning on transferring Manuchehr and Akbar to a prison in Mazandaran, and to repeat the Medieval torture on my children who are too frail to receive any more torture. Babazadeh, head of the Ghaem prison said that we will destroy Manuchehr in this prison. He incited other prisoners against Manuchehr and they even attacked Manuchehr with a knife.

My father whose voice was devoid of anger added: " Nasreen, they want to destroy Manuchehr and Akbar. I don't know what to do. In the last 4 years I have written 2150 letters to all the officials of this country. But I haven't received a single response from anyone. I don't know what they want from my innocent children and family. We have no joy, no peace or comfort in life anymore. Night and day is the same for us.

------------------------------------------------------

Contact

Addresses for Human Rights Watch

350 Fifth Avenue, 34th Floor
New York, NY 10118-3299
Tel: (212) 290-4700
Fax: (212) 736-1300
E-mail: hrwnyc@hrw.org

1522 K Street, N.W., #910
Washington, DC 20005-1202
Tel: (202) 371-6592
Fax: (202) 371-0124
E-mail: hrwdc@hrw.org

33 Islington High Street
N1 9LH London, UK
Tel: (171) 713-1995
Fax: (171) 713-1800
E-mail: hrwatchuk@gn.apc.org

15 Rue Van Campenhout
1000 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: (2) 732-2009
Fax: (2) 732-0471
E-mail: hrwatcheu@gn.apc.org

Amnesty

UNITED KINGDOM
99-119 Rosebery Ave, London EC1R 4RE, UK
phone +44 207 814 6200
fax +44 207 833 1510
info@amnesty.org.uk

AIUSA Mid-Atlantic
Regional Offices:
600 Pennsylvania Avenue SE
5th Floor
Washington, D.C. 20003
phone: (202) 544-0200
fax: (202) 546-7142
aiusama@aiusa.org

Northeast Regional Office

58 Day Street
Davis Square
Somerville, MA 02144
phone: (617) 623-0202
fax: (617) 623-2005
aiusane@aiusa.org

AIUSA Western
Regional Offices
Los Angeles Office
2999 Overland Avenue, Suite 111
Los Angeles, CA 90064
phone: (310) 815-0450
fax: (310) 815-0457
aiusala@aiusa.org

San Francisco Office
350 Sansome St, Suite 630
San Francisco, CA 94104
phone: (415) 291-9233
fax: (415) 291-8722
aiusasf@aiusa.org

MEHR IRAN
P.O. Box 2037, P.V.P., CA 90274
Tel: (310) 377-4590 ; Fax: (310) 377-3103
E-mail: mehr@mehr.org
URL: http://mehr.org

Reza Pahlavi's Secretariat
P.O. Box 566 Falls Church, VA 22040 USA
rpsec@rezapahlavi.org

Honorary Chris Patten EU/Iran Human Rights Troika
EU External Relations:
relex-feedback@cec.eu.int

UN Office of the High Commissioner For Human Rights
Commission on Human Rights
1503@ohchr.org
&
tb-petitions@ohchr.org

Kofi Annan 212-963-4879 United Nations
Morris Cpithorn 412-291-7123 Amnesty International.
secrt.hchr@unog.ch
Spenta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Oops Left out the letter Reply with quote

Many Apologies, but the actual email request is missing from the above post.

Te correct email should state:

Oops, many apologies the correct email is:

Email Subject Field: Plea Letter from sister of Imrprisoned Student Leaders in Iran !

Dear
The letter translated below was posted to the Iranvajahan web site by the sister of imprisoned Iranian student leaders, activists, and brothers Manuchehr and Akbar Mohamadi. The brothers have been imprisoned and tortured by the Islamic Republic of Iran since the July 1999 student uprising. Their family were also arrested and harrassed recently by the regime. The brothers have once again been subjected to severe physical and psychological torture and their family has been told that they will be "destroyed" by the regime this time.

The brothers and their plight are well known amongst Human Rights groups active with Iranian causes. They are part of the original group of jailed Iranian student leaders and activists from the July 1999 uprising. Their recent ordeals coupled with the new threats are extremely alarming. I plead with you to investigate this matter immediately, and to take action for the immediate release of the Mohamadi brothers. Please don't let the Islamic Republic of Iran "destroy" these brave symbols of he Pro Democracy Iranian Student Movement. Save Manuchehr and Akbar Mohamadi. Thank-you

Sincerely

English Translation of Letter by Sister of Mohamadi Brothers posted on the Iranvajahan web site in Farsi:

http://www.iranvajahan.net/cgi-bin/news.pl?l=fa&y=1382&m=06&d=21&a=4

Nasreen Mohamadi,

A Report on the condition of 2 imprisoned students, Manuchehr and Akbar Mohamadi.
From Iranvajahan

I, Nasreen Mohamadi, sister of Manuchehr and Akbar Mohamadi, during my recent conversation with my father in Iran on 9/6/03 heard the following from him. " Your mother, Simin (my sister) and I went to see Manucher and Akabr in prison this morning. When we entered the visiting room your mother fainted the second she saw Manuchehr's face."

My father added, back in June after a 6 day furlough from prison, Manucher returned to prison and disappeared. After he was returned to the main prison, we realised that he had been in solitary confinement for 37 days in cell 325 of Sepah. During this time they had tied his hands and feet and covered his mouth. They had put him under the most extreme physical and psychological pressures. For 2 days they took him to a cell that was full of crawling, stinging and dangerous insects all over the floor.

According to my father, Manuchehr has been under such severe pressure, that his face and appearance has totally changed. Meanwhile Akbar, who had protested the senseless arrest of my father and sister Simin, was thrown into solitary confinement as punishment. He went on a hunger strike for 16 days. When my family visited him he had lost more than 30Kg. He was also in a poor psychological state.

My father added, " The Mazandaran Intellignce Ministry is planning on transferring Manuchehr and Akbar to a prison in Mazandaran, and to repeat the Medieval torture on my children who are too frail to receive any more torture. Babazadeh, head of the Ghaem prison said that we will destroy Manuchehr in this prison. He incited other prisoners against Manuchehr and they even attacked Manuchehr with a knife.

My father whose voice was devoid of anger added: " Nasreen, they want to destroy Manuchehr and Akbar. I don't know what to do. In the last 4 years I have written 2150 letters to all the officials of this country. But I haven't received a single response from anyone. I don't know what they want from my innocent children and family. We have no joy, no peace or comfort in life anymore. Night and day is the same for us.

------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: