[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discussion on Iran/Iraq War - US Policy, Thread#1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxjasper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: There will be no Prosperity for Iran Except through... Reply with quote

There will be no prosperity for Iran except through.....
American Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest,

I looked at the home page of the reference you provided and it appears to be a leftest web site which is trying to find something for which to criticize the US. Your claim that the US was involved in killing thousands of Iranians is not proven. There is nothing in the article to document that.

What happened in the Iran-Iraq war was that two fascist regimes who were both enemies of the US and of human freedom and democracy went to war. That was not our war and we tried to stay out of it as much as we could. In view of the great danger Iran has been to the US and Western Civilization the US would have supported the Iraqi side vigorously if Saddam and his regime had been people whom we could support.
Liberty at Last!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: 25th Anniversary Reply with quote

Whatever happened in the past is past, gone, over, done with!

Iran was progressive, peaceful with so many potentials, friendly with neighbouring countries and in peace with the world.

But apparently that didn't fit the ‘big picture’ some had in mind for our Globe!

So, the ayatollahs had to be trained in India/Pakistan/Iraq and recruit their thugs from all over, train them in palestinian/Lebanese terrorist camps, ready for their big day in Tehran. World leaders suddenly had utmost concern about ‘Human Rights’ in Iran and were awful vocal about it, contrary to the past 25 years!

Islam takes over, and from then on it’s just one blessing after another!
Khomeini’s order is to call for a 20 Million strong army, which is basically calling war on it’s neighbors.

Hundreds of thousands of freedom loving Iranians are executed, and the war finishes off whatever is left of Iran’s strong and brave nationalistic forces!

But they are not done with Iran just yet!

Somehow the nation struggles its way through all the imposed misery, and this was not suppose to happen according the “big Global picture’ some imagined in their old hollow skulls.

Drugs and sex trade becomes the next largest industry! Afterall, they can not let the new generation –60% of population- slip through their plan.

T w e n t l y f i v e l o n g & m i s e r a b l e y e a r s of foreign occupation, executions, torture, terror, war , drugs and total destruction and devastation of the land and nation! Today’s the 25th anniversary of the implimentaion of that big global plan.

To all those who were so genuinely CONCERNED for ‘Human Rights in Iran before 79! and all those who sat back and watched, ever so patiently, the total destruction of our land and culture for the past 25 years, I have nothing to say but:
[i]What happened in the past is past, over, done with!

let us focus on a better future for the Globe! shall we?
We have learnt from our mistakes in the past, and we hope you have learnt a thing or two about Dignity from the Persians! Afterall, that is what inspires humanity, and help us grow and move forward. No force is strong enough to stand against progress. And if you are wise enough you will attune your Empire with that of the Cyrus & Darius!

to bring peace, justic, human rights and progress for human kind. Now that is an Empire Humanity can be proud of.

Don't you agree? Razz[/i]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely disaggree. As you can see, the article is from the New York Times.

But there are other sources. Why not look into them, instead of conveniently finding a way out?

http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=1-1557502811-7

American Visitor wrote:
Guest,

I looked at the home page of the reference you provided and it appears to be a leftest web site which is trying to find something for which to criticize the US. Your claim that the US was involved in killing thousands of Iranians is not proven. There is nothing in the article to document that.

What happened in the Iran-Iraq war was that two fascist regimes who were both enemies of the US and of human freedom and democracy went to war. That was not our war and we tried to stay out of it as much as we could. In view of the great danger Iran has been to the US and Western Civilization the US would have supported the Iraqi side vigorously if Saddam and his regime had been people whom we could support.
American Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest,

I'm not trying to get out of anything. So far as I can tell, the Iran Iraq war was not one in which the US was significantly involved. There are people who claim we armed Saddam and he was our ally or even our stooge, but that is simply not the case. The countries who we have considered our major allies in the area are Israel, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Not trying to get out of anything. Reply with quote

It seems that your concern is how this makes America look. Hence the red-herring.

What do you think about this:
http://www.iranchamber.com/history/articles/arming_iraq.php

American Visitor wrote:
Guest,

I looked at the home page of the reference you provided and it appears to be a leftest web site which is trying to find something for which to criticize the US.
American Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest,

The above article seems quite balanced and is certainly not pro-American. To this author it appears we were leaning more towards Iran during much of the war.

http://www.zmag.org/zmag/articles/ShalomIranIraq.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing at a time. Shouldn't we pay attention to these?

http://www.iranchamber.com/history/articles/arming_iraq.php

November 1983. George Schultz, the Secretary of State, is given intelligence reports showing that Iraqi troops are daily using chemical weapons against the Iranians.

-Washingtonpost.com. December 30, 2002

November, 1983. A National Security Directive states that the U.S would do "whatever was necessary and legal" to prevent Iraq from losing its war with Iran.

-Washingtonpost.com. December 30, 2002

-Times Online. December 31, 2002. How U.S. Helped Iraq Build Deadly Arsenal

1982-1988. Defense Intelligence Agency provides detailed information for Iraq on Iranian deployments, tactical planning for battles, plans for air strikes and bomb damage assessments.

-Newyorktimes.com. August 29, 2002

July, 1984. CIA begins giving Iraq intelligence necessary to calibrate its mustard gas attacks on Iranian troops.

-Bob Woodward. CIA Aiding Iraq in Gulf War. Washington Post. 15 December, 1986

August, 1988. Four major battles were fought from April to August 1988, in which the Iraqis massively and effectively used chemical weapons to defeat the Iranians. Nerve gas and blister agents such as mustard gas are used. By this time the US Defense Intelligence Agency is heavily involved with Saddam Hussein in battle plan assistance, intelligence gathering and post battle debriefing. In the last major battle with of the war, 65,000 Iranians are killed, many with poison gas. Use of chemical weapons in war is in violation of the Geneva accords of 1925. [6] & [13]

-Counter Punch, October 10, 2002

-Iran-Iraq War, 1980-1988. Iranchamber.com

American Visitor wrote:
Guest,

The above article seems quite balanced and is certainly not pro-American. To this author it appears we were leaning more towards Iran during much of the war.

http://www.zmag.org/zmag/articles/ShalomIranIraq.html
9karevatan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its done and over with.........

we must think of removing this regime.......that is all that matters right now.....
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Discussion on Iran/Iraq War - US Policy, Thread#1 Reply with quote

Thank you.

I respect your decision to create a thread for this topic. Though many Iranians were isolated from the events surrounding the war, it left its mark on many others. So it cannot be so easily forgotten or dismissed.

If anyone is afraid of the subject, they might consider this quote:

"Nothing is to be feared, only to be understood"

-Marie Currie

Anonymous wrote:
- Guest, we formed this topic form selected posts which had begun in a sticky thread in the news forum. If you're interested in discussing a particular topic in the future that is not currently being discussed in any of the threads please create a new topic. Otherwise, DON'T diffuse and distract from the focus which exists in many of the threads - no one on this board appreciates that! Furthermore, inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated as this is a board for activists who support the Iranian people so we don't care for your conspiracy theories that only attempt to hurt the opposition. We are all well aware of our history and past, much more than you are. Our greatness extends far beyond the Pahlavi dynasty and so does much of our sadness and despair. You can post your views regarding the Iran/Iraq war in this thread alone so that our compatriots may respond to you if they so choose. Once again, please only post messages that are relative to a particular discussion thread - and also create a username. Continually posting the type of material you enjoy contributing as "anonymous" will not be tolerated, and if it persists you will be banned from this board if there is either a consensus for your removal among the activists on this board or the administration.

Thanks! - Admin

Is it reasonable to assume that Bush cares for Iranian life, when his father was part of the Reagan administration - the same administration that members of the United States Department of Defense have admitted, helped Iraq plan the deaths of thousands of Iranian soldiers?

Fereshteh wrote:
If Bush doesn't support the Iranian people I just won't vote.. I won't vote for Kerry and I won't vote for Bush - I WILL BOYCOTT THE ELECTIONS!
American Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest,

There are lots of accusations agqinst the US from many people. Some of them are even true but I believe your information is probably not completely correct.

As noted in the article I sent to you at this site, the US although officially neutral, actually tilted towards Iran during most of the war and supplied Iran with weapons which were quite harmful to the Iraqi side. The only excuse I can offer for suporting the Mullahs is that the US didn't understood the danger of Islamic fundamentalism untill 9-11 since we have religious freedom here and have traditionally ignored people's religious orientation.
Liberty from EU !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Suggestion Reply with quote

Guys I suggest moving to a new discussion on how EU screwed Iran and it's freedom movement by supporting ayatollahs and having relations and trades.

how britain have suppressed education, progress, human rights and culture in Iran by their ayatollash thugs in the past, and today.

Please focus on this and see how this guest is yet another EU and more likely britihs thug. with no passion or concern for Iran, but only using IRAN/IRAQ war as yet another way to detest USA and promost hatred towards US.

dear guest: HEAR ME WELL: NO AMOUNT OF PROPAGANDA WILL MAKE IRANIANS HATE US MORE THAN UK.

INFACT WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE UK THUGS LIKE YOURSELF OUT OF IRAN FOR GOOD.

SO DON'T BEAT AROUND THE BUSH ! AND TELL US WHAT YOU WANT WITH IRAN? WHAT ESLE DO YOU WANT THAT EU HAS NOT TAKEN FROM US YET? WHAT ELSE SHOULD WE GIVE YOU SO YOU WILL LEAVE US ALONE?

TELL ME . WHAT ARE YOU AFTER HERE EXACTLY?

AND PLEASE DO NOT - I REAPEAT : DO NOT TELL ME YOU ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT IRAN, OR IRAQ !

SO BUZZ OFF. TAKE YOUR ACTIVISM AGAINST US ELSEWHERE.

HERE WE ONLY CARE ABOUT ACTIVISM AGAINST AYATOLLAHS!
AND WE DON'T MIND BASHING UK ONNCE IN A WHILE EITHER Laughing
Liberty now

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Guest shape in or ship out Reply with quote

WE ARE AT WAR NOW!

A WAR WITH AYATOLLAHS.

WE ARE FOCUSED AND WILL NOT SIDE TRACK FROM THIS BATTLE!

IF YOU CARE ABOUT OUR FREEDOM MOVEMENT,
YOU WILL NOT TRY TO SIDE TRACK THE DISCUSSIONS!

SO SHAPE IN OR SHIP OUT!

LIKE IT OR NOT,

WE ARE AT WAR HERE!

DO YOU MIND?
samira

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: ignore this guy Reply with quote

[b]Please! will you stop running around a circle in the past?

our students are in prison being tortured as we speak. Be sure we know more than you about anything related to our country, it's past and present.
We choose to focus on whatever helps our movement for freedom of Iran.[/b]
AmirM

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Discussion on Iran/Iraq War - US Policy, Thread#1 Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Thank you.

I respect your decision to create a thread for this topic. Though many Iranians were isolated from the events surrounding the war, it left its mark on many others. So it cannot be so easily forgotten or dismissed.

If anyone is afraid of the subject, they might consider this quote:

"Nothing is to be feared, only to be understood"

-Marie Currie

Anonymous wrote:
- Guest, we formed this topic form selected posts which had begun in a sticky thread in the news forum. If you're interested in discussing a particular topic in the future that is not currently being discussed in any of the threads please create a new topic. Otherwise, DON'T diffuse and distract from the focus which exists in many of the threads - no one on this board appreciates that! Furthermore, inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated as this is a board for activists who support the Iranian people so we don't care for your conspiracy theories that only attempt to hurt the opposition. We are all well aware of our history and past, much more than you are. Our greatness extends far beyond the Pahlavi dynasty and so does much of our sadness and despair. You can post your views regarding the Iran/Iraq war in this thread alone so that our compatriots may respond to you if they so choose. Once again, please only post messages that are relative to a particular discussion thread - and also create a username. Continually posting the type of material you enjoy contributing as "anonymous" will not be tolerated, and if it persists you will be banned from this board if there is either a consensus for your removal among the activists on this board or the administration.

Thanks! - Admin

Is it reasonable to assume that Bush cares for Iranian life, when his father was part of the Reagan administration - the same administration that members of the United States Department of Defense have admitted, helped Iraq plan the deaths of thousands of Iranian soldiers?

Fereshteh wrote:
If Bush doesn't support the Iranian people I just won't vote.. I won't vote for Kerry and I won't vote for Bush - I WILL BOYCOTT THE ELECTIONS!

WHat the hell do you mean many Iranians were isolated from events surrounding the war... you are more full of **** than I could've imagined.. First of all Iranians know our history, politics and are well aware of the many pains that have hurt us in the past.. To suggest that many of us are oblivious to some of the most important and hurtful moments in our history is an insult to us all. WHat is your agenda? Please - do you wish to teach us something that we do not know? what a joke you are...

-Amir
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: