[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regime anti-riot forces start attacking - LATEST NEWS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Iranian Uprising 2004
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ms. Andi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Ummm, what's going on? Reply with quote

On another thread, I suggested that your people need digital cameras. I haven't heard a response to it, but let me tell you why it's important.

The media is dominated by agenda. They have had an unchecked, free pass for a long time. However, along came the Iraq war and emergence of the "warblogger" that became a collossal thorn in the media elite's side. These so called warbloggers, have continued to fact check the media; and it's driving them nuts. The recent terminations at the NY Times and USA Today are a testimony to a public that's growing weary of the old vanguard of journalism.

Let's face it, the majority of the media is run by folks who have no scruples. If siding with the Mullahs will contribute to Bush loosing the election, they'll do it. If showing the Mullahs' policies in a more favorable light ensures a renewel of press pass credentials, they'll do it. Not fair, right? Nevertheless, the blogsphere is not a force to take lightly.

I can not emphesize this enough. Get the attention of the blogsphere and you'll will eventually get the media's attention. Get the media's attention, the Iranian people will be embolden. You have got to have visual PROOF, PROOF, PROOF! Those pictures of Fereydunkenar were excellent. They got a lot of attention, but why has there not been more? This uprising will fizzle, if it has not already, if your people are only receiving cheerleading and nothing else. Digital cameras will change everything. Please tell me how the afluent Iranian expats can make this happen. If all of you are serious about this, get serious about how your people can properly document what's going on. Otherwise, all your efforts will just come across a propoganda, and the media will continue to ignore you.
blank

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great idea, but who is going to pay for hundreds of digital cameras and ship them to Iran.....
asher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MS. ANDI IS RIGHT. Blank, you need to stop phrasing questions like that one as rhetorical questions and start looking for answers.

If you put up a notice RIGHT NOW and asked for donations of digital cameras, you'd get 'em. If you put up a PayPal and took up a collection for digital cameras, you'd get responses.

Here in Portland there were some issues with the local police a few years ago: alleged cases of police brutality at peaceful demonstratioins. A local group called CopWatch got together a few kids with camcorders, and guess what: the police are on their best behavior now.

Digital cameras are a great idea, and you should start working on that.
Ms. Andi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Digital Cameras Reply with quote

Blank

There are plenty of affluent, successful Iranians, including the Pahlavi family who could pay for it.

Asher

The Pay Pal system is a great idea. It just a matter of getting the word out. Surely there are enough people here who have the right connections. The trick is getting the cameras to the right people all around the country. Remember when Zayed from Healing Iraq posted his pictures of anti-terrorist demonstrations in Baghdad? That got a huge response, eventually the disgruntled media had to admit there were demonstrations and even used some of his pictures. This is a campaign that should be geared to Constitutionalist and Republicans alike. I think both sides can agree how important this is.
asher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly! I remember Zeyad's pictures from those demos. I was able to print some of them on my printer and show them to people (including some lefty friends who really, REALLY didn't want to hear the good news!). Also it gave me a chance to refer more people to the site.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asher wrote:
MS. ANDI IS RIGHT. Blank, you need to stop phrasing questions like that one as rhetorical questions and start looking for answers.

If you put up a notice RIGHT NOW and asked for donations of digital cameras, you'd get 'em. If you put up a PayPal and took up a collection for digital cameras, you'd get responses.

Here in Portland there were some issues with the local police a few years ago: alleged cases of police brutality at peaceful demonstratioins. A local group called CopWatch got together a few kids with camcorders, and guess what: the police are on their best behavior now.

Digital cameras are a great idea, and you should start working on that.

Well..it may sound rhetorical to you.....but for me, it is asking for inputs, feed backs, and solutions from everyone. I believe in free speech and I can post my questions however I want...whether you like it or not...
blank

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry the above post is from me forgot to sign in.......... Shocked
asher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chill, Blank, I misread your intent. Looking for inputs and answers is what it is all about. Again, I agree with the idea of digital cameras. It's not as farfetched as it might sound, and it's be a great way to fight the regime - by practicing the free speech we all know and love.

So, why not put up a PayPal and ask for in-kind donations as well?
blank

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty "cool" so you chill down.........
asher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be getting politically active this year (again - but first time as a GOPer!) and I will see if I can network with other Republicans to help with the cause of Iranian liberation. Maybe I can get some advice or assistance on the camera donations.
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, but remember that the demonstrators don't want their pictures to appear on the cover of News Week magazine (like poor Ahmad Batebi who has been languishing in jail under the worst kinds of torture because his picture appeared in the London Economist holding his friend's bloody shirt during the student riots a few years back). So you must make sure to smear out their faces otherwise next time no one will show up for any demonstrations for fear of being recognized and arrested.
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or better yet instead of smearing out any faces, they could set up the camera at an angle that shows the huge crowd but doesn't focus on anyone's face. We need to show proof to the media but we also don't want to endanger anyone's life. So I'm saying we should be careful in these situations and not repeat what happened to Ahmad Batebi.
asher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Azadeh I will keep that in mind!
9kare vatan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna be in iran 18 tir this year........
Chico

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: pffff Reply with quote

I know , the regime is terrible.
But this is our own problem , and we should do something and do not hope that the americans want freedom in Iran , they just want like the Iraq war , gain our oil ..... Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Iranian Uprising 2004 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: