[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regime anti-riot forces start attacking - LATEST NEWS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Iranian Uprising 2004
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javert Rovinski

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redemption wrote:
Javert, I'm with you on that.. Regardless of what the media does, the Iranians will reach freedom/depends little on the media - in fact, the "big media" is becoming more and more irrelevant with the advance of the internet/independent news sites/blogs - either the big media better get real, wake up, and smell the coffee/start doing real reporting - or homegrown independent news sites running out of basements and bedrooms will keep doing what they do best and advertisers will switch to the little guy/soon to be big guys Smile -- hope I'm not dreaming too much there Wink

True, blogs and sites like this are becoming more important. But all it would take is one stor yin the NY Times for the floodgates to open, and money/materials would quickly start rolling in. If the rebellion takes hold and captures the public imagination, the US or other powers might even be persuaded to covertly provide a few weapons, which would be a huge help.

So long as most people get their news from conventional sources-- what we, for now, call the mainstream media-- then it's vital to break into that realm to make progress on the international stage. It's that simple.

I just hope the rebels can keep things going. Capturing a major city would make them unignorable.

Here's hoping!
RANT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javert Rovinski wrote:
redemption wrote:
Javert, I'm with you on that.. Regardless of what the media does, the Iranians will reach freedom/depends little on the media - in fact, the "big media" is becoming more and more irrelevant with the advance of the internet/independent news sites/blogs - either the big media better get real, wake up, and smell the coffee/start doing real reporting - or homegrown independent news sites running out of basements and bedrooms will keep doing what they do best and advertisers will switch to the little guy/soon to be big guys Smile -- hope I'm not dreaming too much there Wink

True, blogs and sites like this are becoming more important. But all it would take is one stor yin the NY Times for the floodgates to open, and money/materials would quickly start rolling in. If the rebellion takes hold and captures the public imagination, the US or other powers might even be persuaded to covertly provide a few weapons, which would be a huge help.

So long as most people get their news from conventional sources-- what we, for now, call the mainstream media-- then it's vital to break into that realm to make progress on the international stage. It's that simple.

I just hope the rebels can keep things going. Capturing a major city would make them unignorable.

Here's hoping!

I did send a note to Drudge earlier tonight, perhaps if more of us did so, with relevant links, he'll take notice. There is a "SEND NEWS TIPS TO DRUDGE" half way down on the right side.

http://www.drudgereport.com/

http://www.newamericanrevolution.com
Javert Rovinski

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a workable idea. I'm sure, however, that he knows of the reports by now. He's probably just uncertain it's really happening... which is why I again reiterate my hope that the rebels can do something so big that the world can't help but notice...
Viper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: I REALLY hope you succeed Reply with quote

But for this to become more than spent youthful energy, you have got to become organized. The most potent thing about a military is its organization which gives it the ability to act inteligently as a whole.

For people who don't have time to train, three by threes will work just fine. Each level of organization is only responsible for three people below them. If you can start this, even by suggesting to someone that they should be in a tier above you, then once this thing reaches critical mass it will become self organizing. By the time the Mullahs catch on to what is going on, it will probably be too late.

Good Luck. Godspeed. And PLEASE be careful.

Viper
Antijihad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A moderate Muslim is an apostate.

Death to Islam. A thousand shits on the paedophile prophet.
What will it take to wipe the Islamic plague from this planet?

Freedom for the Iranians. Let Persian be great again.

Freedom from Islam for everyone. And a red hot poker up Allah's ass.
May Muhammad's bones be dug up and fed to pigs.
elaheh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Islam Reply with quote

sid wrote:
there are moderate muslims but there is no such thing as moderate Islam.

from where do you think you can make this claim? do you know islam? have you studied it?

i would appreciate you keeping your opinions to an informed political ones and stay away from insulting and stereotyping a religion you obviously don't understand, probably because your only reference to it has been through the tainted eyes of western media.

do some research, grow up a little, then come back.
elaheh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: disgusted Reply with quote

Antijihad wrote:

the discrimination, ignorance and absolute lack of tolerance or informed opinion i am reading here disturbs me.

islam is a peaceful and beautiful religion, as you will find if you study it. but as with all religions, it can be manipulated by the mullahs for their own motivations.

please keep in mind that the situation in iran as with much of the middle east is a terrible misrepresentation of the foundations of islam and should not be used as a measure by which the religion should be judged.
Viper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: RE : disgusted Reply with quote

Quote:
please keep in mind that the situation in iran as with much of the middle east is a terrible misrepresentation of the foundations of islam and should not be used as a measure by which the religion should be judged.

Just like a political system(cmmunism anyone?), a religion must be judged not by its ideologies and poetic finess, but purely based on its results. So far the results from Islam are not very promising. For Islam to survive the next hundred years, something in the religion will have to change. Either the actual text of the Koran will need some editing, or the language in which it is read will have to be changed. A religion which encourages its adherents to look upon people of other religions as lessers, a religion which encourages unchecked expantionism, or a religion which forbids people the freedom to convert away from it has no place in the age of weapons of mass distruction. Any religion which takes itself more seriously than a choice among many on a multiple choice question, has the potential to trigger a holy war which none of us can afford. (which is precisly what is happening or at least trying to happen with Islam right now.)

Footnote : Yes, I realise that there are some branches of Christianity and/or Judaism which suffer from some of the same flaws. The good news with those religions is that they tend to be very vulnerable to secularism, and the die hards tend to be viewed by the majority as loons. Even so, I don't see the more hardline elements of those religions making it too far into the future.
Mr. E. Train

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a newbie here, linked over from a story on Little Green Footballs.

I bet the mullahs are crapping their pants now!

Nothing is harder to obtain, harder to hold onto than freedom. Democracy, freedoms government, is the most nettlesome, slow, disapointing form of governemt. Dictatorships are easy. Just do as your told.

But ahh.... nothing is as sweet as freedom. It has been said that the difference between America and Europe is that Europe worships culture and America worships freedom. Well, when you worship culture (your own) you assume everyone else are barbarians. When you worship freedom you wish for all people to share in it.

My prayers and best wishes are with the Persian people. May they wrest the greatest prize of all from the religious facist mullahs... Freedom! ROCK ON! This American is pulling for you.
Antijihad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

the discrimination, ignorance and absolute lack of tolerance or informed opinion i am reading here disturbs me.

islam is a peaceful and beautiful religion, as you will find if you study it. but as with all religions, it can be manipulated by the mullahs for their own motivations.

And what's wrong with discriminating against a "religion" which commands it's followers to kill the kaafir?
And how can you expect me to tolerate the intolerable?
Islam is NOT a peaceful and beautiful religion. YOU are the ignorant one. Don't you have eyes and ears? Can you not see the effect Islam is having on the world?

You, maggot, are an apologist for this Islamic death cult. But, "inshallah", you are a dying breed. DEATH TO ISLAM. FREEDOM FOR MUSLIMS.
Concerned American

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: A possible way to get the story out. Reply with quote

One possible way is that if we get as many people as we can to flood Limabugh's e-mail inbox with this breaking news. The address is rush@eibnet.com.
Grayson, USA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Regime Change Reply with quote

Godspeed! With all our love, our hopes and our prayers.
This world is in your hands tonight.

Freedom, brothers! Freedom!
TeachESL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Associated Press Reply with quote

I just contacted the Associated Press here in Israel, told someone what's happening and give him the URL for this site. Then I called Channel 2 News here in Israel and did the same thing! Viva La Revolution!! Freedom for Iran!!!
redemption

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: disgusted Reply with quote

elaheh wrote:
Antijihad wrote:

I agree with your statements in their entirity.. We can all make statements that bash religion by referring to fanatics who twist Islam, Christianity, Judaism, etc.. etc.. but isn't that a bit stereotypical by claiming the acts of a few represent the majority.. The majority of muslims are not Osama fans, and we should try to keep it that way.. Lets not bash a religion, but lets definintely take aim at the few who are utlizing it for their own evil purposes!
asher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job, Teach!

I just wish we could get some new information from SMCCDI - it's getting close to 24 hours since their last report. This is nerve-wracking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Iranian Uprising 2004 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: