[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ameri Urges Secretary Powell Against Negotiations with Iran

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Americans Who Strongly Support Iranian People!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Ameri Urges Secretary Powell Against Negotiations with Iran Reply with quote

Ameri Urges Secretary Powell Against Negotiations with Iran

March 04, 2004
Goli Ameri for Congress
ameriforcongress.com

http://www.ameriforcongress.com/.docs/pg/press_releases.html?rid=82

PORTLAND, OR -- High tech small business owner and Republican candidate for Congress (OR-01), Goli Ameri today released an open letter to Secretary of State Colin Powell urging him to take a strong public stand against negotiating with the ruling clerical regime in Iran.

Ms. Ameri said her letter was occasioned by two separate events that concern her about the possibility the State Department might try to establish a working relationship with the clerical regime.

First, Secretary Powell has indicated, in recent weeks, he might be willing to build closer ties with the regime in return for an agreement to dismantle their nuclear weapons program.

Second, elections held last week in Iran were a complete fraud. In fact, the ruling Mullahs denied some 2,400 candidates access to the ballot simply because they supported one kind of reform or another.

"The Bush administration needs to know the regime in Iran cannot be trusted. They will do anything to stay in power. That includes lying about nuclear weapons. I have sent this letter to Secretary Powell because I know first hand the horror these people are capable of," stated Ameri, who was born in Iran.

Ameri's letter reads in part:

"The regime in Iran is the most offensive and unrepentant sponsor of terrorist activity in the entire Middle East. The autocratic clerics stand squarely against nearly every value we Americans prize: individual freedom, personal dignity, equal rights and civil decency."

"We must help the people of Iran to do what they desperately want to do: replace this evil regime and make Iran once again a respected and trustworthy member of the civilized world."

"The Clinton administration tried to negotiate with North Korea and we are just now learning what a disastrous move that was," Ameri concluded. "I urge the State Department not to make the same mistake with Iran."

The complete text of the letter:

March 4, 2004

Secretary of State Colin Powell

U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520

Dear Secretary Powell:

It was with great concern I read your recent remarks which seemed to indicate your intent to abandon America's long standing policy against negotiating with terrorists and reopen talks with the government of Iran. From first-hand experience and historical precedence, I can assure you that any such dialogue with the ruling clerics will only lead to more deceit and reinforce their belief that they can pursue their radical agenda without consequences.

One need only look at the sham elections just held in Iran to understand the ruling regime has no interest in playing fair. Over 2,400 candidates for various elective offices were barred from access to the ballot. Other candidates actually served jail time on Election Day. Simply put, we cannot trust the governing clerical regime in Iran.

Worse, the regime in Iran is the most offensive and unrepentant sponsor of terrorist activity in the entire Middle East. The autocratic clerics stand squarely against nearly every value we Americans prize: individual freedom, personal dignity, equal rights and civil decency.

Please, Secretary Powell, do not negotiate with these tyrants. In a world too often scarred by terror, any dialogue that legitimizes this clerical regime jeopardizes the lives of innocents around the globe.

We must help the people of Iran to do what they desperately want to do: replace this evil regime and make Iran once again a respected and trustworthy member of the civilized world.

Sincerely,

Goli Ameri

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Americans Who Strongly Support Iranian People! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: