[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time is Running Out Where Is The Real Support?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeachESL,

Good work! Hope those folks at CNN get clueful pretty quick. I reported the rebellion thru their website (under "news tips") Monday morning, with links to this site as well as directly to Iran va Jahan and SMCCDI/Daneshjoo. Also sent a separate message via e-mail thru their "images" section, with the posted photos from Fereydunkenar. Let's see if they wake up.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: What can we do to help freedom-loving Iranian people? Reply with quote

What can we do to help freedom-loving Iranian people?

To effect the change we desire, we must send emails and faxes and, more importantly, our voices (through the telephone network) to our representatives. International support for the regime must stop. It must be replaced by support for the wishes of the people, namely: freedom for the good people of Iran.

Please spread this message as far as you can.

-------------

We the people of the world demand that:

1) The Government of (your nation) and all political representatives call for the regime in Iran to release all political prisoners who are caged like animals across Iran;

2) The Government of (your nation) and all political representatives immediately cease the legitimization of the Islamic Regime in Iran;

3) The Government of (your nation) and all political representatives work with the United Nations to orchestrate a team of observers to be sent to Iran;

4) The Government of (your nation) and all political representatives issue an ultimatum to the regime in Iran, insisting that it step down peacefully;

5) The Government of (your nation) and all political representatives work with the United Nations to launch an investigation and, if deemed necessary, to prosecute in international courts every high-level regime official for crimes against humanity;

6)The Government of (your nation) and all political representatives
understand and acknowledge the fact that the Iranian people have declared the clerical regime to be illegitimate, a criminal operation not supported by its subjects.

By boycotting the illegal "election" of February 20, 2004, the Iranian people sent a clear message to the regime and to the world. Their wishes must be honored.

In the words of the famous Persian poet Saadi Shirazi,

"Human beings are all members of one body.
They are created from the same essence.
When one member is in pain,
The others cannot rest.
If you do not care about the pain of others,
You do not deserve to be called a human being."

-------------

Peace, Unity & Freedom,
ActivistChat.com.

To read complete artticle: http://www.activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1663
asher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this! I have relayed the message to President Bush, as well as to my people in Congress (Smith, Wyden, and Wu).
Near East Policy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Regime Change in Iran Reply with quote

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Regime Change in Iran

Source Url: http://iranvajahan.net/cgi-bin/news.pl?l=en&y=2004&m=03&d=16&a=11

March 16, 2004
The Boston Globe
Boston.com

Jeff Jacoby put it aptly when he wrote: "if we are going to win the war on terror, the liberation of Iran is not an option. It is a prerequisite" (op ed, March 11). As he pointed out, the olive branch policy, which the Europeans and bureaucrats at the State Department have pursued in dealing with the tyrants who have ruled Iran with an iron fist for 25 years, has utterly failed to steer that country toward a tolerant, moderate, and representative government.

Neither the arms for hostages deal in 1985, nor the blacklisting of Iran's only effective opposition movement, the Mujahedeen-e Khalq in 1997, quenched the mullahs' insatiable appetite to export fundamentalism abroad, particularly to Iraq, and pursue Iran's nuclear ambitions at home.

The vivid display of intolerance by Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and his extremist cohorts toward their allies of the past 25 years and Tehran's nearly two decades of deception and denial about its nuclear weapons program should serve as stark reminders that the West can ill afford to continue to promote conciliation with Tehran.

Ironically, Iran is the only country where, if given the opportunity, the citizens would vote the ruling fundamentalists out of office. The yearning for democracy has survived the clerical rulers' repression and brutality.

ALI M. SAFAVI
President
Near East Policy
Research Inc.
Alexandria, Va.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/letters/articles/2004/03/16/us_should_help_liberate_iran/
NavidS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you for posting all of this my compatriots, brothers and sisters!
NyTimes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Richard Clarke: "Your government failed you" Reply with quote

Ex-Bush Aide Says Threat of Qaeda Was Not Heeded
By PHILIP SHENON and RICHARD W. STEVENSON

Published: March 25, 2004
Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/25/politics/25PANE.html?ex=1080795600&en=7f266a1087a24373&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

ASHINGTON, March 24 — President Bush's former counterterrorism chief, Richard A. Clarke, testified on Wednesday to the commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks that the Bush administration had largely ignored the threat from Al Qaeda prior to the attacks. That prompted members of the commission to divide along sharply partisan lines as they questioned Mr. Clarke.

As Republican members openly questioned Mr. Clarke's truthfulness and Democrats defended an official who helped direct the nation's counterterrorism strategy for nearly a decade, Mr. Clarke testified that the Bush administration had not treated counterterrorism as an "urgent issue" before the Sept. 11 attacks.

Mr. Clarke used a different tone in starting his testimony in a hushed Senate hearing room, saying he wanted to apologize to the families of the victims of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, including the scores of victims' relatives in the audience.

"Your government failed you," he said. "Those entrusted with protecting you failed you. And I failed you. We tried hard. But that doesn't matter, because we failed. And for that failure, I would ask, once all the facts are out, for your understanding and for your forgiveness." [Excerpts, Page A24.]

Mr. Clarke's appearance before the commission, which is in the final weeks of an investigation of intelligence and law-enforcement failures before the 9/11 attacks, overshadowed the drama of testimony earlier in the day from George J. Tenet, the director of central intelligence, and Samuel R. Berger, President Clinton's national security adviser. Mr. Tenet and Mr. Berger were sharply questioned about why two administrations in a row have been unable to stop Al Qaeda and kill or capture its leader, Osama bin Laden.

Mr. Tenet's testimony was generally supportive of the Bush administration. He said the Bush White House was "working hard before Sept. 11 to devise a comprehensive framework to deal with Al Qaeda," and he discussed how Mr. Bush insisted on having Mr. Tenet brief him personally each morning on threats to the United States.

Mr. Tenet said thousands of people spent years trying to combat the evolving threat from Islamic radicals, but he acknowledged that the intelligence agencies "did not penetrate the plot that led to the murder of 3,000 men and women on that Tuesday morning."

He described a government that throughout the years before the attacks "raced from threat to threat to threat" without addressing systemic problems in intelligence gathering, law enforcement and domestic security.

"It's not criticizing anybody," he said. "But the moral of the story is, if you take in those measures systemically over the course of time and closed seams, you might have had a better chance of succeeding stopping, deterring or disrupting."

Mr. Clarke's testimony drew another furious round of denunciations from the White House, which has questioned Mr. Clarke's accounts as an effort to sell his newly published memoirs. Administration officials have accused him of motivations beyond greed, suggesting that he also wanted to help the presidential campaign of Senator John Kerry, by undermining efforts of Mr. Bush's re-election campaign to promote his record in combatting terrorism. At a briefing with reporters called specifically to answer Mr. Clarke's testimony, Condoleezza Rice, the national security adviser, cited past statements in which Mr. Clarke had defended the administration's counterterrorism policies. Mr. Clarke was offering "two very different pictures here, and the fact of the matter is, these stories can't be reconciled," Ms. Rice said.

Republican members of the 10-member panel joined in the fray, with three pounding Mr. Clarke about what they said were discrepancies between what he had written in his book and was now saying about Mr. Bush and what he has said in the past, including what he said in classified interviews with the commission.

"You have a real credibility problem, and because of my genuine real long-term admiration for you, I hope you'll resolve that credibility problem," said John F. Lehman, a Republican member of the panel.

Without detailing the classified testimony, Mr. Lehman said that there was "real inconsistency between what your promoters are putting out and what you yourself said" to the panel.

"I'd hate to see you shoved aside during a presidential campaign as an active partisan selling a book," he said.
stefania

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in fact,after the first wtc attacks earlier on 1993,Mr. Clinton had the opportunity to start the war on al qaeda..instead he thought of his sexual affairs with Monica..

I don't see why Bush is to blame,when Kerry critizes his war on terror.

If Clinton had acted soon after the 1993 wtc attacks, maybe 9/11th would never occurred..

Blame Clinton and not Bush.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Where Is GOP Policy regarding Terror Masters? Reply with quote

Instead of wasting their time to show Clarke Discrepancies, the GOP should accept the mistakes during Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton and Bush II Administrations and work on Regime Change in Iran now. The War on Terror can not be considered as won as long as the Islamic Clerical Regime is in power and Terror Masters are planning and plotting.

Mr. Jeff Jacoby is right March 11, 2004 The Boston Globe :
“If we are going to win the war on terror, the liberation of Iran is not an option. It is a prerequisite. The Bush administration should be saying so -- and living up to its words.”

History rewards those who are honest in their words , actions and not playing games with public opinion for short term gain. So far we have not seen any results yet , and clear policy regarding Regime Change in Iran. Where is the result for the following President Bush statements?

Quote:
Click Here: To Get Breaking News Alerts (All Iran-Related) In Your Mailbox
Time is Running Out: Where Is The Real Support for a Free Iran from the Bush Administration?

1) "And secondly, I appreciate those courageous souls who speak out for freedom in Iran. They need to know America stands squarely by their side. And I would urge the Iranian administration to treat them with the utmost of respect. "

2) President Bush Praises Iranian Pro-Democracy Protestors KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine (Reuters) - President Bush on Sunday praised pro-democracy demonstrators in Iran, calling their protests a positive step toward freedom.
"This is the beginning of people expressing themselves toward a free Iran which I think is positive," President Bush said.

"I think that freedom is a powerful incentive,"
Bush told reporters after he attended church services during a weekend visit to Kennebunkport. "I believe that some day freedom will prevail everywhere because freedom is a powerful drive."

3) Remarks by National Security Advisor Dr. Condoleezza Rice at Town Hall Los Angeles June 12, 2003
"And so for the United States we have to stand with the aspirations of the Iranian people, which have been clearly expressed."

4) Remarks by the President Bush May 9, 2003 "And in Iran, the desire for freedom is stirring. In the face of harsh repression, Iranians are courageously speaking out for democracy and the rule of law and human rights. And the United States strongly supports their aspirations for freedom. "(Applause.)

5) President Bush State of the Union January 28, 2003 "Different threats require different strategies. In Iran, we continue to see a government that represses its people, pursues weapons of mass destruction, and supports terror. We also see Iranian citizens risking intimidation and death as they speak out for liberty and human rights and democracy. Iranians, like all people, have a right to choose their own government and determine their own destiny -- and the United States supports their aspirations to live in freedom. "(Applause.)

"The regime in Tehran must heed the democratic demands of the Iranian people or lose its last claim to legitimacy,"

Reuters - World News
Nov 6, 2003

WASHINGTON - U.S. President George W. Bush on Thursday challenged Iran and Syria and even key U.S. ally Egypt to adopt democracy and broke with past U.S. policy by vowing Washington will not support Arab states that reject liberty.

"The regime in Tehran must heed the democratic demands of the Iranian people or lose its last claim to legitimacy," Bush said in a sweeping foreign policy speech. He said Syrian leaders as well as those ousted in Iraq had promised a restoration of ancient glories but instead left "a legacy of torture, oppression, misery and ruin."

Of Egypt, whose president, Hosni Mubarak, has been a vital Middle East interlocutor for successive U.S. presidents, Bush said: "The great and proud nation of Egypt has shown the way toward peace in the Middle East and now should show the way toward democracy in the Middle East."

The speech was Bush's latest attempt to justify the war in Iraq as necessary to foster democracy in the region at a time when he is under fire for mounting U.S. troop casualties and as anti-Americanism spreads among many Muslims who feel Islam is under attack.

Bush declared a failure of past U.S. policy spanning 60 years in support of governments not devoted to political freedom.

"Sixty years of Western nations excusing and accommodating the lack of freedom in the Middle East did nothing to make us safe, because in the long run stability cannot be purchased at the expense of liberty," Bush said.

He called for democracy throughout the Middle East, praising the tentative steps that are taking places in such nations as Morocco, Bahrain, Kuwait and even Saudi Arabia, whose royal family is firmly in command.

"Are the peoples of the Middle East somehow beyond the reach of liberty? Are millions of men and women and children condemned by history or culture to live in despotism? Are they alone never to know freedom and never even have a choice in the matter? I, for one, do not believe it," Bush said.

Statement by the President

February 24, 2004
The White House
President Gerge W. Bush

I am very disappointed in the recently disputed parliamentary elections in Iran. The disqualification of some 2,400 candidates by the unelected Guardian Council deprived many Iranians of the opportunity to freely choose their representatives. I join many in Iran and around the world in condemning the Iranian regime's efforts to stifle freedom of speech -- including the closing of two leading reformist newspapers -- in the run-up to the election. Such measures undermine the rule of law and are clear attempts to deny the Iranian people's desire to freely choose their leaders.

The United States supports the Iranian people's aspirations to live in freedom, enjoy their God-given rights, and determine their own destiny.

Statement by the President
March 03, 2004
The White House
Office of the Press Secretary

"Our future also depends on America's leadership in this world. The momentum of freedom in our time is strong, but we still face serious dangers. Al Qaeda is wounded, but not broken. Terrorists are testing our will in Afghanistan and Iraq. Regimes of North Korea and Iran are challenging the peace. If America shows weakness and uncertainty in this decade, the world will drift toward tragedy. This will not happen on my watch."
http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1548
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but you also don't have any results if you continue to blame Bush and maybe you vote for Kerry, which means the destruction of the Iranian Freedom Fighters.

Dear Cyrus, did you see Kerry cheering along with Jimmy Carter last day ?

I think that any Iranian which cares of the survival and growth of the Freedom Movement should yes, blame the many mistakes of President Bush (and i also do a lot ).. But meantime, he must remind who John Kerry is and what his policy toward Iran might be.. It's needed for you to keep this in mind while you go to the polls on November 2.

Just keep in mind two important things:

Kerry's letter to the IRI-owned news agency and Jimmy Carter's support for this man.

Dear Cyrus, i really appreciate your courage and your constant warnings to President Bush.. You know what i think and that i agree 100% with Michael Ledeen..

Do you know that,dear ?

Please don't get me wrong..

Wink Wink

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
skoal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: why Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
Yes, but you also don't have any results if you continue to blame Bush and maybe you vote for Kerry, which means the destruction of the Iranian Freedom Fighters.

I think that any Iranian which cares of the survival and growth of the Freedom Movement should yes, blame the many mistakes of President Bush (and i also do a lot ).. But meantime, he must remind who John Kerry is and what his policy toward Iran might be.. It's needed for you to keep this in mind while you go to the polls on November 2.

Kerry's letter to the IRI-owned news agency and Jimmy Carter's support for this man.

Dear Cyrus, i really appreciate your courage and your constant warnings to President Bush.. You know what i think and that i agree 100% with Michael Ledeen..

Do you know that,dear ?

Wink Wink

What do you call everyone dear for - ? I don't know about Cyrus but I don't agree with your political logic.. Yah, I think Kerry is a dousche bag, but at the same time, where is BUsh's policy? As an American Stefania I really worry that there is not plan/policy.. Just look at MIchael Ledeen's articles.. he's saying there is no plan.. Stef: you cannot support someone who will not act on words and has no policy...

I just don't agree with your political logic Stef..
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know and i agree with Michael Ledeen.

But if i was an american voter, i wouldn't stay home on November 2,giving in this way victory to John Kerry.

Please keep in mind what the consequences of such an action might be..

Ledeen critizes Bush a lot and i AGREE WITH HIM 100000000%

BUT PLEASE BE REALIST.. YOU THINK THAT LEDEEN WILL STAY HOME OR INSTEAD HE GOES TO POLLS AND VOTE FOR BUSH ?

redemption

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefania wrote:

Do you know that,dear ?

Wink Wink

To blindly support Bush because of a fear of Kerry - when Bush doesn't act on his words, is plain stupid.. What's the difference between Bush who is not really acting to support real freedom in the MIddle East and John Kerry?
redemption

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
I know and i agree with Michael Ledeen.

But if i was an american voter, i wouldn't stay home on November 2,giving in this way victory to John Kerry.

Please keep in mind what the consequences of such an action might be..

Ledeen critizes Bush a lot and i AGREE WITH HIM 100000000%

BUT PLEASE BE REALIST.. YOU THINK THAT LEDEEN WILL STAY HOME OR INSTEAD HE GOES TO POLLS AND VOTE FOR BUSH ?

Stef you're not an American first of all so please don't lecture to an American as to what he or she should do.. Second of all - I'm not going to vote for President Bush if he doesn't support the Iranian people by the election time.. NO SUPPORTING THE IRANIAN PEOPLE is the SAME THING AS SUPPORTING THE MULLAHS AND TERRORISM EVERYWHERE - so there really is in my eyes no difference between a Kerry and a Bush because they will both be supporting the Mullahs in one way or another.. I just won't vote!!!!
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all,i am not a stupid.

Second, what will you do? Will you vote for Kerry ?

Please tell me..

BTW,i hope we don't insult each other.. We agree on everything here,but it's useful to confront some things we disagree on..

This is a really democratic discussion.

stefania

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are free to not vote.. But doing like that, you are giving your vote to Kerry and pleasing the Mullahs.. If mullahs read this site and what you say, they would be relaxing..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: