[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beverly Hills Hotel:February 11th, 2004 - SPECIAL GUESTS!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Special Event/California

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Beverly Hills Hotel:February 11th, 2004 - SPECIAL GUESTS!!! Reply with quote

When:Wednesday Feb 11th
Where:Beverly Hills Hotel
How Much:Tickets are on sale - $50.00 General admission and $100.00 VIP Reserved Seating

**VIP Reception with Guest Speakers at 6:30 p.m

**General Reception at 7:00 p.m

**Program begins w/ a video presentation and an insightful forum at 8:00 p.m sharp

SEE ABOVE PROGRAM BROCHURE FOR TICKET SALES PHONE NUMBER - TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE!

From A Great Civilization... IRAN...To the Axis of Evil?

Come learn more about Iran; It's history, heritage and it's contemporary Issues.
WHY IRAN? WHY NOW?

*Sponsorship of terrorism, and the immediate threat of nuclear capabilities, sabotages and destabilizes peace worldwide.

*Al Qaeda has found refuge with the Islamic Republic of Iran.

*The Islamic Republic of Iran funds Hamas and Hezbollah.

*The concept of suicide bombing started with the Islamic Republic of Iran .

Speakers Biographies:

Kenneth R. Timmerman (The Middle East Data Project):
When Investigative reporter and author Kenneth R. Timmerman profiled Osama Bin Ladin for Reader's Digest in July 1998, few people had ever heard of him. Just weeks later, Bin Ladin's terrorists blew up two U.S. embassies in Africa, prompting the U.S. government to launch an international manhunt.

In 1982, Timmerman was taken hostage by terrorists in Lebanon, and spent 24 days in an underground cell under constant aerial and artillery bombardment.

Timmerman has published three books and a dozen monographs on terrorism, weapons proliferation, and Islamic fundamentalism. In the late 1980s, he was the first Western reporter to interview the heads of Iraq's missile and chemical weapons programs; his first-hand account, The Death Lobby: How the West Armed Iraq, was published by Houghton Mifflin in 1991 and translated into five languages. Over his career he has worked for TIME magazine, Newsweek, the New York Times and major television networks, and appeared regularly on the opinion pages of the Wall Street Journal.

After 18 years overseas he returned to the United States in 1993 to work on the professional staff of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, and conducted several Committee investigations into weapons proliferation. Since leaving government service, he has written for The American Spectator, Reader's Digest, and Insight Magazine on foreign policy and proliferation. Because of his special expertise in Middle East defense issues, he has been asked to give seminars at the U.S. Army War College and other U.S. government agencies, and to testify before Congressional committees and special commissions, including the Commission To Assess the Ballistic Missile Threat to the United States chaired by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld.

From 1994-2000, Mr. Timmerman published a confidential newsletter on strategic policy and trade, The Iran Brief. His Middle East Data Project, Inc. consults for government and business clients and maintains extensive data bases on terrorism and strategic technology transfers to rogue states. He is also active on the human rights front, and serves as Executive Director of the Foundation for Democracy in Iran, a non-profit advocacy group based in Maryland.

Larry Elder:
Larry Elder has been on KABC Talk Radio in Los Angeles since March, 1994, hosting "The Larry Elder Show," a top-rated daily program from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. (PT) on KABC 790, and began a nationally syndicated daily talk show for ABC Radio Networks on August 12, 2002.
Known to his listeners as the "Sage From South Central," Larry sizzles on the airwaves with his thoughtful insight on the day’s most provocative issues, to the delight, consternation, and entertainment of his listeners. The "Sage" engages political and cultural leaders in meaningful debates over race, government, personal responsibility and education that have elevated the talk radio genre. A blend of fiscal conservative and social liberal—with attitude—Elder’s libertarian views have fueled controversy and made him one of the most in-demand radio personalities in the country.

In May, 2003, Elder shifted his political party registration from "Decline to State" (which, in California, means independent) to the Republican Party. He continues to support the libertarian principles of limited government and maximum personal and financial responsibility.

Bijan Kian:
Bijan Kian is the former director of State of California Office of foreign Investment and former Board member of the State of California Housing Finance Agency. He is An Internationally recognized professional banker, business executive and educator. served as the chairman of Bush-Cheney 2000 statewide volunteer organization in Orange Caounty, California."

stefania

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great event, who will attend the meeting?

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Scooter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefania wrote:

If I was still in San Diego, i might go. But I'm freezing here in DC.

-Al
iran4ever

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

Scooter wrote:
stefania wrote:

-Al

That makes me think... I wonder if C-SPAN would be interested in covering this...? What do you people think?
Eala

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think they might tape it?
Scooter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: hmm Reply with quote

Tough call, but they just might.
iran4ever wrote:
Scooter wrote:
stefania wrote:

-Al

That makes me think... I wonder if C-SPAN would be interested in covering this...? What do you people think?
EMAIL C-SPAN NOW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: EMAIL C-SPAN NOW!!!!!! Reply with quote

Okay, if we want to see this program on C-span we need to get moving and send them emails. Their email address for sending suggestings on events to cover is events@c-span.org

redemption

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: d Reply with quote

Okay, I just emailed them.. did anyone else - hopefully it will work and they will cover it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: