[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boycott Shell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:06 am    Post subject: Boycott Shell Reply with quote

This was totally unknown to me, until I visited http://marzeporgohar.org/. They encourage Iranians who struggle for freedom and those who support them to boycott the oil company Shell.

This is what it says on their site;
Source: MPG
Subject: Help us in defeating religious apartheid in Iran. Boycott the oil company, Shell.
Time 07-21-2003 14:38

Please read this if you want to know how you can help bring freedom, and secular democracy to Iran.

Even the most non-political person knows about the brutal clerics and the worsening situation in Iran. Even if you don’t read the news or
follow the scandals on international media, you have heard some news from a relative or two. Public executions, millionaire mullahs,
prostitution and exportation of young girls, corruption, distribution of cheap heroin, prisons full of students, serial killings, national
resources being on sale, are all currently taking place in Iran.
It is no secret that Iranians hate the Islamic regime, and sooner or later our struggle for a secular democracy will prevail. Meanwhile we
need to declare to the world that we will not deal with people or companies, that accept the theocratic regime.
We simply find it repulsive that European companies are subsidizing the repression the clerics are instilling on our compatriots, all in the name of profits. It is extremely distasteful to see the natural resource , which belongs to all Iranians, oil, being used as a tool to suppress our compatriots’ quest for real democracy.
You may ask what a non-political person who lives outside Iran can do to support the democratic movement in Iran.
Just like the people of the world united to defeat racial apartheid in South Africa, we are asking the people of the world to help us in
defeating religious apartheid in Iran.
As a simple starting point, we are asking the world community to boycott the oil company, Shell. Shell is one of the few companies, which is doing heavy business in Iran, and selling gas in various parts of the world, specifically the United States.
Some will try to argue that by not buying gas from Shell, you are in fact hurting Iranians, but this is utterly false. For the last 3 years
the GDP growth has been around 5%, and it has been forecasted that the GDP will grow another 5% this year. However looking at poverty
statistics, there are many more living in, or under the poverty line,then there were 3 years ago. Clearly the oil money, which makes up 80%
of Iran’s revenue, is not being spent on the people of Iran.
We ask ALL of you - young, old, political and non-political - to boycott Shell and its products all over the world, in support for the fight for
freedom in Iran.
Our brave countrymen and women risking their life, fighting for a secular democracy. Iranian democracy activists are being imprisoned,
beaten, tortured, and executed, and you can help their cause. Please consider boycotting Shell, if not for Iran or Iranians, then for
freedom, democracy and justice.

Together we can make a difference.

Help us spread the word in anyway you can.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:13 am    Post subject: DUde - Reply with quote

We were traveling recently and bought (well I didn't) some gas from SHELL - we are such bad people Wink No, but seriously - it is a good campaign.

But can we use SHELL restrooms?

Smile
Saman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: DUde - Reply with quote

kian wrote:
We were traveling recently and bought (well I didn't) some gas from SHELL - we are such bad people Wink No, but seriously - it is a good campaign.

Smile

I feel you kian. In our small town one f the gas stations is a Shell station.
Thus I have visited it many times. I even applied for a job there ones! Evil or Very Mad

I guess I just have to stick to the other gas station we have here.

I guess it's ok to use shell as long as you don't financially help them Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: DUde - Reply with quote

Yes, and if you use their bathrooms don't flush the toilet and leave the lights on!! Smile

eheh

Saman wrote:
kian wrote:

Smile

I feel you kian. In our small town one f the gas stations is a Shell station.
Thus I have visited it many times. I even applied for a job there ones! Evil or Very Mad

I guess I just have to stick to the other gas station we have here.

I guess it's ok to use shell as long as you don't financially help them Wink

sudi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shell has also been widely criticized for its actions in Nigeria.

http://www.essentialaction.org/shell/issues.html

And then there is Total Fina Elf, which was in bed with Saddam. Total had a monopoly on the Oil for Food program whereby Total, the UN, and Saddam got rich. The food never materialized.
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear David Kian, your name is not muslim nor arabic.
why?

also, you posted another blog among the italian weblogs.
i know that blog, it's very beautiful, but only in italian language!
btw,where did you find it?

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kian, are you an american or an iranian?

i added the petitions plus something else in my blogs..

Cool Wink

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a guy in the SMCCDI's website which continuosly insults my country..

how can i defend myself ??

i am getting desperate...

Crying or Very sad

Spenta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: To Stefania Reply with quote

Quote:
there is a guy in the SMCCDI's website which continuosly insults my country..

I'm very sorry to hear that, and I am very sorry that an Iranian would behave that way towards you & your country. Most Iranians are respectful of all people, and are nothing like the IRI thugs that run the country and harrass people on the dicussion boards.

Unfortunately the IRI are a nasty bunch be it in the physical world or the cyber world. And they know how to abuse people on discussion boards very well.

I don't have any advice, except for .. these people are professionals when it comes to pushing buttons, and being nasty. Its best to let it go ... but I know that it can be tough, ... so anything would be O.K. I guess.

Send an email to the Admin or the Moderator of the Board about this person.
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: To Stefania Reply with quote

Hi Spenta & Stefania -

Stef: Best way to defend yourself is to ignore this person... If you attempt to defend yourself you will only fall into their trap by wasting your important time and energy. Ignore all people like this immediately - because it is so important that at this time you focus at the task at hand!

BTW - spenta, have you signed the Kazemi petition? http://www.activistchat.com/petition2.html
Spenta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Yes I did Reply with quote

I also posted links to it on Payvand, for the Kazemi petition
Kazemi petition & the student petition [url][url=http://payvand.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=4006006701&f=6146007801&m=899600182url][/url][/u]
Spenta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Sorry Reply with quote

Bad link sorry.
http://payvand.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=4006006701&f=6146007801&m=849600182

& here

http://payvand.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=4006006701&f=6146007801&m=899600182
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry Reply with quote

Spenta wrote:
Bad link sorry.
http://payvand.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=4006006701&f=6146007801&m=849600182

& here

http://payvand.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=4006006701&f=6146007801&m=899600182

Excellent Spenta - you're great! Checking out that other petition!!!!

Thanks for the support - btw, if you are good friends with any of the people in the other chat boards -let them know about the board here at activistchat. although it is not that busy right now, it is still useful for chatting - and will pickup speed as time progresses!!!!

Twisted Evil Wink Razz Sad Surprised Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: