[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

don't screw up like we have

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newbloom

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: don't screw up like we have Reply with quote

I strongly empathize with the aspirations of the Iranian people who are fighting for their freedoms.

However, don't hold our society up as a perfect model to emulate. Since many of our citizens have become lazy and uninformed, we have a very greedy and nasty administration leading our country.

We may find out that they knew something would happen on 9-11, but did nothing, Embarassed since it would allow them to achieve their own ends, i.e., make a lot of money for themselves and their friends in Iraq.

I told everyone I knew that Iraq would become a mess, and that if we truly wanted to help the Iraqi people, we should better assist them in overthrowing Saddam themselves. Now it gets worse every day.

We have a saying: "People get the government they deserve."

Many of the citizens in this country are extremely ignorant about what is going on here. They believe the people who hold power in Washington care about them--they do not.

Our president has the delusion that God wants him to be president, which makes him dangerous--it allows him to believe that other people's lives are puny and insignificant, and that God has designated him the right over people's lives. His behavior strongly suggests that he has little regard for other people's lives, except for those immediately around him--where a strict code of loyalty is expected, and any criticism is considered betrayal.

Don't mess up like we have. We have many more problems down the road because of what the administration has done in other countries and what they have done here at home, e.g., our national budget. Be well-informed, or suffer the consequences, where you will be tricked by demagogues. Shocked
reza

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

extremely well said!
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
redemption

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: don't screw up like we have Reply with quote

I agree with 5% of what you have said.. I agree that a significant portion of the American population and the World's population for that matter are either uninformed or just as bad they are informed by limited sources and therefore are unable to judge for themselves what they really believe.. I disagree with you on your comments about Bush. I highly doubt he thinks he has been given authority by GOD to be president - unless he has told you this over morning coffee, I have to disagree with you until I hear it myself. Also - I think the government has it's ups and downs - unfortunately we won't get the government flowing in the direction of the people until the people realize that we are all one in the same and we mustn' fanaticize our beliefs as either left or right and realize the importance of analyzing each issue by issue rather than calling ourselves "LEFT" or "RIGHT".. I am inclined to hope and to believe that some good will come out of the Bush Admin - although I think there has been some major ball dropping with regard to how things have been handled in Iraq and also the total lack of focus on the real terror masters. If America falls - it will be because we didn't focus on the terror masters and instead played some very very foolish games.. LETS FOCUS ON THE MULLAHS - LETS SUPPORT THOSE POLITICIANS LIKE BROWNBACK WHO HAVE THE RIGHT IDEA - AND LETS DO WHAT IS RIGHT!

newbloom wrote:
I strongly empathize with the aspirations of the Iranian people who are fighting for their freedoms.

However, don't hold our society up as a perfect model to emulate. Since many of our citizens have become lazy and uninformed, we have a very greedy and nasty administration leading our country.

We may find out that they knew something would happen on 9-11, but did nothing, Embarassed since it would allow them to achieve their own ends, i.e., make a lot of money for themselves and their friends in Iraq.

I told everyone I knew that Iraq would become a mess, and that if we truly wanted to help the Iraqi people, we should better assist them in overthrowing Saddam themselves. Now it gets worse every day.

We have a saying: "People get the government they deserve."

Many of the citizens in this country are extremely ignorant about what is going on here. They believe the people who hold power in Washington care about them--they do not.

Our president has the delusion that God wants him to be president, which makes him dangerous--it allows him to believe that other people's lives are puny and insignificant, and that God has designated him the right over people's lives. His behavior strongly suggests that he has little regard for other people's lives, except for those immediately around him--where a strict code of loyalty is expected, and any criticism is considered betrayal.

Don't mess up like we have. We have many more problems down the road because of what the administration has done in other countries and what they have done here at home, e.g., our national budget. Be well-informed, or suffer the consequences, where you will be tricked by demagogues. Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: