[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shirin Ebadi recieves the nobel peace price

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:15 am    Post subject: Shirin Ebadi recieves the nobel peace price Reply with quote

Nobel peace prize goes to Shirin Ebadi. http://search.csmonitor.com/durable/1999/10/15/p1s4.htm

she was the first female judge in Iran before the islamic revolution. Any thoughts on her award?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Shirin Ebadi recieves the nobel peace price Reply with quote

Saman wrote:
Nobel peace prize goes to Shirin Ebadi. http://search.csmonitor.com/durable/1999/10/15/p1s4.htm

she was the first female judge in Iran before the islamic revolution. Any thoughts on her award?

Yes, I saw that this morning.. I don't really know much about her history except for what the articles says - ... Who knows what the tactics of the world political players are anymore - though it would be nice if this award somehow works against the regime by bringing the clerical regime's abuses into the light..

Lets see -- what doy ou think?

kian
Saman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what I think yet. As long as its a kick in the nuts of the mullashs, I'm happy Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also very happy for this prize to her ! Yet,the "reformist" field within the regime expressed his happiness. and this is bad. don't you think?

Dear Kian,i have some blogs.. can i contact you?

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
I am also very happy for this prize to her ! Yet,the "reformist" field within the regime expressed his happiness. and this is bad. don't you think?

Dear Kian,i have some blogs.. can i contact you?

Hey Stef,

I guess he retracted his statement....

Here's the article:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s964664.htm

Iran's reformist Government spokesman has retracted his earlier official reaction to the Nobel Peace Prize win of human rights activist Shirin Ebadi.

He had said the Government was "happy" at the award.

"We are happy that an Iranian Muslim woman was qualified to be noticed by the world community for her activities in bringing about peace," Abdollah Ramazanzadeh had said.

"We hope that we could use her expert views more in Iran."

However, he now retracts his comments, saying he had only been giving his personal opinion.

Mr Ramazanzadeh says a written official reaction would be given later in the day.
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!! Maybe the "reformist" mullahs have heard her appel for the release of the political prisoners!! What a great slap in the mullahs' face! Twisted Evil
In fact,before they said "a woman who promoted peace".. Instead,she promoted the HUMAN RIGHTS,a word too bad for their ears

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
FreeAllPoliticalPrisoners

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Biggest Victory For Women Human Rights Activist Reply with quote

This is a great News for Iranian people, now we hope the EU and UN will be forced to focus on human rights abuses in Iran.
We hope Ms. Shirin Ebadi will be a good voice for Human Rights Activists and a true follower of Cyrus The Great the founder of the first declaration of human rights and faithful to the following Iranian People demands:
- Civil and political freedoms,
- Separation of religion and government,
- Equality and justice (especially for the Iranian women),
- The immediate liberation of all political prisoners and Free Referendum.
- Free Press
- The Islamic Clerics must go back to their Mosuqe and accept responsibity for 120,000 executions and 1,000,000 War victims.

"Human beings are all members of one body.
They are created from the same essence.
When one member is in pain,
The others cannot rest.
If you do not care about the pain of others,
You do not deserve to be called a human being."
[A Quote from Famous Persian Poet Saadi Shirazi ]
haleh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Biggest Victory For Women Human Rights Activist Reply with quote

FreeAllPoliticalPrisoners wrote:
This is a great News for Iranian people, now we hope the EU and UN will be forced to focus on human rights abuses in Iran.
We hope Ms. Shirin Ebadi will be a good voice for Human Rights Activists and a true follower of Cyrus The Great the founder of the first declaration of human rights and faithful to the following Iranian People demands:
- Civil and political freedoms,
- Separation of religion and government,
- Equality and justice (especially for the Iranian women),
- The immediate liberation of all political prisoners and Free Referendum.
- Free Press
- The Islamic Clerics must go back to their Mosuqe and accept responsibity for 120,000 executions and 1,000,000 War victims.

"Human beings are all members of one body.
They are created from the same essence.
When one member is in pain,
The others cannot rest.
If you do not care about the pain of others,
You do not deserve to be called a human being."
[A Quote from Famous Persian Poet Saadi Shirazi ]

Yes, we must spread the word far and wide..

THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING ---- WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS!!!!

AZADI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: