[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prince of Persia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What rating (out of 10) would you give this game? (If you've played it)
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
5 or under
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Sourena

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Prince of Persia Reply with quote

I may be one of the only people here young enough to play videogames, but if anybody else does, I strongly recommend you play Prince of Persia : The Sands of Time. I can't stress how amazing this game is.

The Princess in it (though she is Indian) is named Farah. The palace that this game takes place in (though it is semi-arabian [only semi]) turns out to be built on top of an ancient Persian Castle. The numerous engravings of Ahura Mazda and Immortals are incredible, very detailed for a video game. The Characters (though they all have slight brittish accents [hey at least it's not an arab accent]) are great, especially the Persian soldiers and officers.

To me, the beginning cinematic where the Persian military invades India was enough, but as it turns out, the game gets better and better with no end.
Equality

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the game, but I will not give it 28,000,000 since the British accent kind of pissed me off, also whats with the Arabic writings on the wall, it should have been Farsi, but the game was extremely fun, the prince's acrobats were cool as was the dagger of time. Not to mention the beautiful graphics and great music.
Sourena

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the writings on the walls (and the swords) were arabic because the castle itself was arabic, not Persian. It takes place in the palace of Azad (I think it is in Pakistan, not sure, could be in Arabia too), and the palace belongs to a sheikh or maharaja or something, so I didn't expect to see persian writing, though there was pahlavi (mikhi) written in the lower castle. Concerning the accents, the British thing was bad, but I was relieved that it wasn't indian or arabic, seeing as how there isn't really a "Persian" accent in english.
reza

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this was a good game, the english accent was'nt annoying at all, much better than an american one as the english accent is far more regal and suited to persian royalty, short of having them speak farsi, it wa the best option. The acrobatics were amazing and also the references to rustam were amusing. However I would have preferred more but shorter fighting sections.
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
redemption

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the fact that you guys/gals are getting some good avatars going! Wink
9karevatan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish mine would work......... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!
flame

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9karevatan wrote:
i wish mine would work......... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Do you need help setting it up???

flame
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9karevatan wrote:

Comrade - please post the url (web link) of the image you want to use as your avatar in a message here and I will install it for you!

Best,
Kian
9karevatan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kian wrote:
9karevatan wrote:

Comrade - please post the url (web link) of the image you want to use as your avatar in a message here and I will install it for you!

Best,
Kian

thank u soo much.....ur a real pal kian Cool

http://www.channelonetv.com/images/shiro-khorshid.gif
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you go bro!

-Kian
freedom fighter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good game Cool sure it had its issues but never the less a good game. Very enjoyable
Sourena

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have announced that they are already making a second one. (or should I say a 5th one)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: