[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Appeal for Urgent Action to Save the Lives of Deported Iran!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spenta

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Appeal for Urgent Action to Save the Lives of Deported Iran! Reply with quote

Appeal for Urgent Action to Save the Lives of Deported Iranian Kurds

September 01, 2003
Democratic Party of Iranian Kurdistan
The Bureau of International Relations

Appeal to humanitarian organization for urgent action to save the lives of deported Iranian Kurdish refugees to Iranian authorities by Turkish police.

According to news obtained by the International Relations Bureau of PDKI from refugee groups stationed in Van, Turkish police have detained a number of Iranian Kurdish refugees on Saturday and Sunday of 30 and 31 of August, and has transferred these detainees to unknown locations. According to these sources, the threat of being deported to Iranian authorities endangers the lives of these refugees. The past cases have proven that such deportations to Iranian agents can lead to executions. The cases of Karim Toujali and Khalid Showghi prove these claims: they were sent to prison right after their deportation, and consequently, after a few years of imprisonment and torture they were executed on the 24 January 2002 and 7 October 2002 respectively.

It is the existence of such threats that we appeal to all the international human rights organizations and centers to reach out to assist these refugees before it is too late, and pressure the Turkish government to stop the deportation of these desperate people to the assassins of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

It should be noted that the International Relations Bureau, in defense of these refugees, is in constant contact with the UNHCR offices in Geneva, Ankara and Van and also with Amnesty International, France-Liberty Foundation, and the League for the Defense of Human Rights in Iran and others institutions.

Democratic Party of Iranian Kurdistan

The Bureau of International Relations

Paris 2003/09/01

---------------------------------------------------

Everyone!

Please take a few moments to email the above to the following. Also take the time to pass this on and to post to other sites. Thank-you.

Middle East Watch, New York/USA; Mr. Hanny Megally (Director)
Fax # +1 (212) 972-0905 ; eMail hrwnyc@hrw.org

Human Rights Watch, Washington, DC/USA; Fax # +1 (202) 371-0124
eMail hrwdc@hrw.org

Human Rights Watch, Los Angeles/USA; Fax # +1 (213) 680-9924
eMail hrwla@hrw.org

Human Rights Watch, London/UK; Fax # +44 (207) 713-1800
EMail hrwatchuk@gn.apc.org

Amnesty International EU
Email: amnesty-EU@aieu.be

Also the following EU emails:
civis@europarl.eu.int
public.info@consilium.eu.int
Commission mailboxes
info@curia.eu.int
euraud@eca.eu.int
euro-ombudsman@europarl.eu.int
info@esc.eu.int
info@ecb.int
information@oami.eu.int
cdt@cdt.eu.int

pes-secretariat@cor.eu.int
ae@cor.eu.int
Lambrini.Yalamboukidou@cor.eu.int
Ines.Roseta@cor.eu.int
Elita.Georgana@cor.eu.int
Marie-Claire.Neill-Cowper@cor.eu.int
Beatrice.Taulegne@cor.eu.int
eep@cor.eu.int
eldr@cor.eu.int
Marie.Bjerborg@cor.eu.int
Sarah.Murray@cor.eu.int
Albrecht.Obermuller@cor.eu.int
Patrizio.Fiorilli@cor.eu.int
Pascale.Gathoye@cor.eu.int

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: thank you for this information Reply with quote

Spenta, thank you for posting this information. I put this on a Kurdish forum soon after you put it up, and I know some of them have responded to various human rights organizations and governments.

I have a question for you and everyone else here. If Iran has the great fortune of being liberated, what will the attitude and the action be toward the Kurds in Iran? Will it be autonomy? Will it be the freedom to join themselves to the South Kurdistanis when they get their independent state? Or will it be something else?

Best wishes.

Chava
Spenta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Freedom, Democracy, respect, equality Reply with quote

The attitude and the action towards Iranian Kurds, will be the same as the action and attitude towards all other groups in a future liberated Iran: respect, freedom, and equality.

If individual Kurds want to immigrate to a Kurdistan state, they can. If Kurds from outside Iran want to immigrate to Iran (which I suspect many will, once the Mullahs are gone) they are certainly welcome to. However as Iranians, Kurds will enjoy the freedom, equality & respect that all other groups receive, and they will also benefit directly from all the resources, prosperity, stability and protection that a large country such as Iran can provide.

Ultimately, an Iran freed from the Blight of the Mullahs, and restored to democracy and prosperity will be a highly attractive home for many. As I said before, more will immigrate to a freed Iran IMO, than escape it! Especially given the poverty, foreign intervention, hostilities, and conflicts in the region.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: thank you spenta Reply with quote

i'm sorry to take so long to reply. i've been very busy.

i wanted to thank you spenta for your reply. i hope that what you say really comes to pass, for kurds as well as the rest of the people in iran.

i think a secular democracy in iran would not only benefit the iranian people, but would benefit the entire region so i really hope something will happen to spur this on--sooner rather than later.

as for the kurds, they long for their freedom after so much oppression from all the countries that occupy kurdistan, but i think that, after reading a number of documents from kurdish political organizations, if they would be treated as full and equal citizens with a certain amount of political and economic autonomy, they'd be very happy.

may the evil government of the iri suffer a quick, furious and complete downfall.

best wishes,
chava
Spenta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:20 pm    Post subject: Hopefully Soon Reply with quote

Dear Guest,

I don't know of any group that hasn't sufferend greatly as a result of the genocidal Mullahs. The Mullahs have killed and brutalised every group in Iran from Kurds, Azaris, Khozestanis, Khorasanis, Baluchis, Lors, Turkmans, Bahais, Jews, Christians, and the list goes on and on.

Iranians, and that includes all ethnic and religious groups, have suffered so greatly under the Mullahs that I believe that they will be united in guaranteeing equal protections and rights for all groups in a future free Iran because Iran itself is made up of so many groups. Every group is invested in promoting equal rights for all groups because of their own personal stake in it.

Iranians know that, and that is what they are fighting for. The Mullahs have taught every Iranian regardless of ethnicity, race, gender and religion the true meaning of democracy and the need for equal rights by denying them their basic rights and abusing and brutalising them so much. That is why I know Kurds alongside all other groups will have full equal rights and protections in a future free Iran, because today people in Iran know and understand the importance of equal rights and protections on a level that transcends merely reading about democracy.

The evil government in Iran, will get its comeuppance. Their time is up. And I know and trust that the consequences of all the pain and suffering they caused for so many devasted and destroyed families are waiting for them!

Hopefully Iran and all of her people and groups will be free soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: