[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discussion on Iran/Iraq War - US Policy, Thread#1
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Discussion on Iran/Iraq War - US Policy, Thread#1 Reply with quote

WE ADVISE THIS GUEST TO CREATE A REAL USERNAME INSTEAD OF CONTINUALLY POSTING SUCH VIEWS AS ANONYMOUS. IF THIS GUEST REALLY WANTS TO HAVE A CIVIL DEBATE THEN HE/SHE WILL CREATE A USERNAME SO WE CAN TAKE HIM/HER MORE SERIOUSLY - Guest, we formed this topic form selected posts which had begun in a sticky thread in the news forum. If you're interested in discussing a particular topic in the future that is not currently being discussed in any of the threads please create a new topic. Otherwise, DON'T diffuse and distract from the focus which exists in many of the threads - no one on this board appreciates that! Furthermore, inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated as this is a board for activists who support the Iranian people so we don't care for your conspiracy theories that only attempt to hurt the opposition. We are all well aware of our history and past, much more than you are. Our greatness extends far beyond the Pahlavi dynasty and so does much of our sadness and despair. You can post your views regarding the Iran/Iraq war in this thread alone so that our compatriots may respond to you if they so choose. Once again, please only post messages that are relative to a particular discussion thread - and also create a username. Continually posting the type of material you enjoy contributing as "anonymous" will not be tolerated, and if it persists you will be banned from this board if there is either a consensus for your removal among the activists on this board or the administration.

Thanks! - Admin

Is it reasonable to assume that Bush cares for Iranian life, when his father was part of the Reagan administration - the same administration that members of the United States Department of Defense have admitted, helped Iraq plan the deaths of thousands of Iranian soldiers?

Fereshteh wrote:
If Bush doesn't support the Iranian people I just won't vote.. I won't vote for Kerry and I won't vote for Bush - I WILL BOYCOTT THE ELECTIONS!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that no one even responded, when I pointed out that members of the Department of Defense have admitted that during the Reagan administration, they helped Iraq with intelligence and direct planning, to kill thousands of Iranian soldiers.

Why the silence?

freedom fighter wrote:
Yes its sad bush isn't supporting the iranian people. He should. True that on the electoral college thats something that needs reform here. Trust me though better to vote for bush and him win than kerry, kerry will screw things up horribly, far worse than bush who is actually doing a good job with what he does. He just needs to spend less and support Iran if you ask me those are my only complaints against him. And I'm rather angry about the recent fascist oppression via the fcc all over a breast and howard stern! Redemption please consider voting, its better than not voting and if you don't vote you really can't complain. yes bush though flawed is the best choice. Feel free to pm me I don't get on here much

Freedom!
lemon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: h Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I noticed that no one even responded, when I pointed out that members of the Department of Defense have admitted that during the Reagan administration, they helped Iraq with intelligence and direct planning, to kill thousands of Iranian soldiers.

Why the silence?

freedom fighter wrote:
Yes its sad bush isn't supporting the iranian people. He should. True that on the electoral college thats something that needs reform here. Trust me though better to vote for bush and him win than kerry, kerry will screw things up horribly, far worse than bush who is actually doing a good job with what he does. He just needs to spend less and support Iran if you ask me those are my only complaints against him. And I'm rather angry about the recent fascist oppression via the fcc all over a breast and howard stern! Redemption please consider voting, its better than not voting and if you don't vote you really can't complain. yes bush though flawed is the best choice. Feel free to pm me I don't get on here much

Freedom!

Perhaps we have better things to do Smile We are all aware of the past actions and mistakes of numerous nations and their governments throughout history..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: h Reply with quote

People who perhaps are not upset over the killing of Iranian soldiers, can have better things to do.

Also, are we really all aware of these things? Or are we just trying to avoid them?

lemon wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Why the silence?

freedom fighter wrote:

Freedom!

Perhaps we have better things to do Smile We are all aware of the past actions and mistakes of numerous nations and their governments throughout history..
American Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest,

Where did you get the information the US was helping Iraq? There are many myths that the US set up Saddam, he was our man, and we helped arm him, but in reality we didn't even have diplomatic relations with him for many years. Our "friend" was and is supposedly Saudi Arabia and we did pretty much what they asked I believe. During the war between Iran and Iraq we did warm up to Saddam some and helped keep the oil flowing through the straights of Hormuz. The US was concerned about the possibility of Iran winning and spreading their fundamentalism to Iraq, but I understand our help to Iraq was very limited.

Perhaps you will share your sources.

Everyone else,

I'm not Iranian and can't tell you how to resolve the differences, however it is better for us to all work together to get freedom for Iran. I believe Bush's help will be limited even if he wins since he is only human and can only get so much through the political process. However, Kerry will clearly go kiss the Mullahs feet and beg for forgiveness. Of that there is no question. Ultimately whoever is president, it is up to the Iranians to determine their own future and a US president can only help.
lemon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: h Reply with quote

First of all I could spend 1 trillion years going through every moment in history and filtering out any facts I choose to launch political attacks against any government I so choose.. As an Iranian I'm offended by your stupid comments - secondly, many of us are a new generation of Iranians who unlike many of our parents and others aren't lazy, are very active, and are looking towards the future.. We are not a depressed lot just sitting, eating, making money, and complaining.. We are fighting for change - and we WILL BE VICTORIOUS ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!!!!

Anonymous wrote:
People who perhaps are not upset over the killing of Iranian soldiers, can have better things to do.

Also, are we really all aware of these things? Or are we just trying to avoid them?

lemon wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Why the silence?

freedom fighter wrote:

Freedom!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Information that the U.S. was helping Iraq Reply with quote

Published on Sunday, August 18, 2002 in the New York Times

Officers Say U.S. Aided Iraq in War Despite Use of Gas

Please refrain from posting messages to thread which are off topic, distracting, and do not represent the current struggle Iranians are fighting for.. We are all aware of the past!

-Admin
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Information that the U.S. was helping Iraq Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Published on Sunday, August 18, 2002 in the New York Times

Officers Say U.S. Aided Iraq in War Despite Use of Gas

Also: Guest, we will delete any further anonymous comments posted by you. We advise you to make a username so that participants of this board may more actively and effectively engage your points of view. Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: h Reply with quote

Isn't the intentional killing of tens of thousands of soldiers who were defending Iran, of some concern to Iranians?

And isn't each generation supposed to learn something from the last?

lemon wrote:
First of all I could spend 1 trillion years going through every moment in history and filtering out any facts I choose to launch political attacks against any government I so choose.. As an Iranian I'm offended by your stupid comments - secondly, many of us are a new generation of Iranians who unlike many of our parents and others aren't lazy, are very active, and are looking towards the future.. We are not a depressed lot just sitting, eating, making money, and complaining.. We are fighting for change - and we WILL BE VICTORIOUS ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!!!!

Anonymous wrote:

lemon wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Why the silence?

freedom fighter wrote:

Freedom!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: RE: We Will Delete Your Posts Reply with quote

Aren't you guys supposed to be democratic?

If you want to make a free democracy in Iran, won't people look to see how you behave right now - when you are not in power?
American Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest,

I'm still waiting for your evidence the US killed "tens of thousands of Iranian soldiers."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again:

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0818-02.htm

American Visitor wrote:
Guest,

I'm still waiting for your evidence the US killed "tens of thousands of Iranian soldiers."
American Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest,

The article you provided indicates the US assistance to Iraq was very limited to some battle field assesment and doesn't mention weapons or direct US involvement in the war. Considering the threat Iran as it is now governed poses a serious threat to our country and Western civilization, I'd say our involvement was limited. As your article states, we were trying to protect our "friends" the Saudi Arabians.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article indicates otherwise. Read it again.

American Visitor wrote:
Guest,

The article you provided indicates the US assistance to Iraq was very limited to some battle field assesment and doesn't mention weapons or direct US involvement in the war.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you aware of the role of intelligence, or timely decision-making, in modern warfare?

American Visitor wrote:
Guest,

The article you provided indicates the US assistance to Iraq was very limited to some battle field assesment and doesn't mention weapons or direct US involvement in the war.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: