[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Azady
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Illustrations, Cartoons & Artwork
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iranian Boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Stefania
We are waiting for your comments about this

Quote:
Stefania
Contact some schools in your city and ask them if they can offer you any persian language education. Or why not ask some of your iranian friends in your city? Maybe one of them studies persian 1 hour/week and you could contact that teacher?
9karevatan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baba ajab badbakhtiyeaa

i always heard its farsi and not persian...........now i hear its persian and not farsi.........whats going on here?????? Crying or Very sad Question Question
mikhanam
payande baadi IRANam!!!!!!!
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iranian Boy wrote:
Dear Stefania
We are waiting for your comments about this

Quote:
Stefania
Contact some schools in your city and ask them if they can offer you any persian language education. Or why not ask some of your iranian friends in your city? Maybe one of them studies persian 1 hour/week and you could contact that teacher?

Sure dear, i will..

Plus i am preparing a great project here..

if you want to know, please contact me in private.. Wink

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Saman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9karevatan wrote:
baba ajab badbakhtiyeaa

i always heard its farsi and not persian...........now i hear its persian and not farsi.........whats going on here?????? Crying or Very sad Question Question

Persian is the english word for Parsi (Farsi). And since we now speak English in this forum, we should use the correct word, Persian.

This way foreign people will not be confused when they here the word Parsi. Persian is something most people understand.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hoi Persai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Persian is from Greek and is the correct term. Farsi is Arabic, because they have no P.
9karevatan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoi Persai wrote:
Persian is from Greek and is the correct term. Farsi is Arabic, because they have no P.

thas y we say parsi Confused
mikhanam
Hoi Persai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But parsi is the f back into the p with the same word of Arabic. I thought you hated Arab imperialism?
9karevatan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no no parsi is not arab because arabs dont have pppppppppp
mikhanam
Saman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoi Persai wrote:

Exactly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
toaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoi Persai wrote:
I've read that the term Farsi referred to the Fars province, where the language originated. I'd thought that Farsi referred specifically to Iranian Persian, to distinguish it from Dari or any other regional differences. I don't know enough of the language yet to know what those might be, if any. Is there a difference between the Persian spoken in Iran and the Persian spoken in Afghanistan or any other country?
Hoi Persai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they would be dialects.
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've read that the term Farsi referred to the Fars province, where the language originated. I'd thought that Farsi referred specifically to Iranian Persian, to distinguish it from Dari or any other regional differences.

The province of Pars/Persis/Fars refers to the Persian tribes that migrated there. But I don't think modern Persian originated in Pars. I'm pretty sure it originated in Eastern Iran since it descended from Pahlavi language that originated during Ashkanian Dynasty. Middle Persian (also called Pahlavi) and modern Persian are both Eastern Iranian languages. This is different from old Persian that originated in Pars. But the name stuck because by then all Iranians had come to be known as "Persian" by most of the world. Dari is not a separate language and I'm not sure why some Afghans want to call Persian language Dari. Dari is a local dialect in Central Iran that Zoroastrians use. It is not spoken in Afghanestan or even other parts of Iran or even by people who aren't Zoroastrians. The word "Farsi" does not exist in English. There is one word for our language in English and that is "Persian". So please, call our language "Persian" when speaking in English.

Quote:
I don't know enough of the language yet to know what those might be, if any. Is there a difference between the Persian spoken in Iran and the Persian spoken in Afghanistan or any other country?

Aside from an accent, no. Maybe a few idioms are used over there that we don't use and vice versa. It's kind of the like the English spoken in Britain vs. the English spoken in America.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Illustrations, Cartoons & Artwork All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: