[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shah's son uses Stamford visit to push democracy for Iran

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spenta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: Shah's son uses Stamford visit to push democracy for Iran Reply with quote

Shah's son uses Stamford visit to push democracy for Iran

Thank-you Reza Pahlavi. Smile

You know, after all the crap that I have witnessed in regards to IR Politics, ke halam ro beham zadeh, I have to say that I am very happy with my decision to support Reza Pahlavi.

He is always like a breath of fresh air to me, and a ray of hope & Omeed amidst some of the darkest and most horrible shadows that have come to define the Iranian experience. I can't say that about a single other political leader. And the more I read the unfair and vicious attacks against him, the more I realise that he is not just the only option at this point, but also the the best option, probably at any point.
Liberator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Keep up the good work! Reply with quote

I also thank him for his commitment for a better future and for all the work he has done to raise awareness of the Iranian plight.

The only thing that I dislike/disagree about him is his belief that there is such thing as a "good islam". With all the information that we have to our benefit today I really cannot understand why he would still stick to that belief.

Wasn't it so that the monarch had to be of the muslim faith during the Pahlavi era? I reject this and support a SECULAR system of government.

In my view a Constitutional Monarchy is the best alternative for Iran, its diverse ethnic groups, history, and for the preservation of Persian culture and values!

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Liberator, i agree 100% with you ( do you like Oriana Fallaci ? )
Yet, I think that when Reza Pahlavi says that there is a good Islam he is wrong, yes.. but he cannot openly say that "Islam is a bad religion" because he may have many foes ...
I am sure that he,when alone,thinks the same like us..
as i said, he cannot say everything in public...he will sure bring Iran back to its glorious Persian identity! There is no doubt about this!!A Secular system where no religion must be declared as "State religion" because a pluralistic secular society demands freedom to follow any religion..
at least, this is my opinion...
but it is important to get back the glorious Persian culture,in order to abandon the violent arab culture...
by the way, why is Reza Shah buried in Cairo, in a such a fanatical city?
It is a dishonour for him Confused

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Liberator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Dear Stefania,

I've seen her name (Oriana Fallaci) a couple of times but don't know much about her...

Whether Reza Pahlavi has realized the truth about islam or not, I really can't say. Ofcourse he would have enemies if he came out strongly on islam, but it would instead prove to us that he is a capable leader who stands firmly on issues of progressive ideas.

Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi (not Reza Shah the Great) is buried in Egypt. He went to Cairo were President Sadat welcomed him; and were he would later pass away. In his honour he was given a state funeral and a resting place.

Hopefully on the day Iran is freed from the chains of ignorance and backward ideas, he can be buried in the noble soil of his motherland, Iran. Until then we have to be thankful that President Sadat welcomed HIM Aryamehr with open arm at a time when other "leaders" abandoned/betrayed our King.

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does he push for democracy for Iran in Connecticut?
stefania

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moshe Katzav and Shaul Mohfaz are of Persian origin?

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Spenta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Yes Reply with quote

Yes they were originially from Iran. Katsov, I think he is a Sephardic Jew. Katsov was born in the same city as Mullah Khatami!

There are many Sephardic Jews in Iran, or used to be before the IRI. After IRI the majority of Iranian Jews have emigrated to the US & Israel. Very sad, in view of the fact that these groups had lived in Iran for thousands of years, and outlasted many invasions ... but not the IRI.

An additional note: I have been told that many middle eastern Jews feel discriminated against in Israel. Ashkenazi and other European Jews have most of the prominant positions. Katsov's election as president is very significant for middle eastern Jews in Israel as a way of further integration into Israeli society.
Saman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
How does he push for democracy for Iran in Connecticut?

By raising awerness.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Shaoul Mohfaz? Which city is he from?
he looks like a real persian Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. He doesn't talk about himself much. I think he once said he was born in Western Iran.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: