[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Empress Farah Pahlavi with Barbara Walters tonight on 20/20!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Watch ABC Tonight 10pmET

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Empress Farah Pahlavi with Barbara Walters tonight on 20/20! Reply with quote

Empress Farah Pahlavi with Barbara Walters tonight on 20/20 at 10pm ET (ABC Television)
March 4 —This week on 20/20, a love story for the ages — the never-before-told details of the romance between a beautiful commoner and her king. It's no fairy tale; this is a story written in newsprint and blood.

The former empress of Iran, Farah Pahlavi, shares with us the joys and tragedies of her marriage to the late shah, the man who swept her off her feet at the age of 20 to become his third wife. Together, they would produce an heir to the Peacock Throne and three other children — but revolution in Iran, coupled with global politics and the ravages of a terrible disease, would turn their privileged lives into a nightmare.

The former empress recalled the day of her coronation in 1967: "It was very important, I think, for me and the women in our country because I always say when my husband crowned me I felt he was crowning all the women of Iran." I asked her if her crown was heavy, and she laughed, saying, "It was. It was diamonds and emeralds and rubies and pearls, but I always say that the weight of the responsibility is much heavier than the crown that you wear for only a few hours."

The Iranian Revolution, of course, put an end to the monarchy and forever changed the family's life. Farah Pahlavi has never spoken so revealingly of these events, and about her inner feelings, until now. It is a compelling and moving conversation, and I hope you will join us for it.

Iranian Boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.iranvajahan.net/cgi-bin/news.pl?l=en&y=2004&m=03&d=05&a=4
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that,although she is a little bit old, she is still one of the most beautiful women in the world

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
freethinker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Empress Reply with quote

Empress Pahlavi is great... She needs to stand up and defend her nation - we will follow her!!!!
Iranian Boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Stefania

You are right. Pahlavi kings always select the most beautiful women. The same with Prince Cyrus Reza Pahlavi . He also has a very beautiful wife, Yasemine, and I can only thank Reza Shah II for choosing such a great woman as our future empress.
She will be a pride for Iran like Empress Farah.

blank

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do I get this feeling that they didn't show the whole interview. It seems like it was cut short by inserting Martha Stewart segment in there.
redemption

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martha Stewart was a waste.... the interview should've been an HOUR Smile -- anyhow, is there anyway of getting it online..?
stefania

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Martha Stewart was a waste..

i agree with you,Redemption

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
redemption

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefania, do you know if it's possible to watch the interview with Empress Farah Pahlavi online????
stefania

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should go to Farah's own website..?

blank

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone should e-mail ABC/Barbara Walters and object to cutting the interview short and demand a full version.....I think if enough people e-mailed them, they might run a full version.
stefania

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.. we should ask her to send us the link for Farah's video.

After all, this Martha Stewart has been found guilty so it means that this story is over now.

Iranian Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Here is a 12 minute part from the interview
rtsp://real.npr.na-central.speedera.net/real.npr.na-central/wesat/20040306_wesat_08.rm

Really great
Maybe you could add a link to this audio on activistchat main page?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: will do Reply with quote

Will Do

Thanks!

-Admin
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Thank You For Posting Reply with quote

Iranian Boy wrote:
Hi
Here is a 12 minute part from the interview
rtsp://real.npr.na-central.speedera.net/real.npr.na-central/wesat/20040306_wesat_08.rm

Really great
Maybe you could add a link to this audio on activistchat main page?

Thank You For Posting this superb NPR interview with Queen Farah Pahlavi.
Please listen to the interview:

Queen Farah Pahlavi is achieving her greatness in the history of Iran by her hard work, difficult choices, actions and sacrifice. As I have said it before greatness is not achieved by words but by hard work, difficult choices, actions and sacrifice. It takes more than intellect and general knowledge to make a leader ethical, moral and great. It takes courage and ethics. Certainly evolution's path towards greatness is not easy. Greatness is not a title we can give to someone or take it away from them, it is something to earn. When you are at the top and they bring you down to the bottom and you move back to the top again by your own hard work, sacrifice and accepting the mistakes then this moves you to greatness category and you will be admired by many.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: