[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amnesty Intl. is biased

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:06 am    Post subject: Amnesty Intl. is biased Reply with quote

Dear, unfortunately, Amnesty and other so-called "human rights" organizations are not doing anything concrete for the iranian people.. they are so busy going to Palestine and Iraq to denounce the "crimes" of the Israelis in Palestine and the Americans in Iraq..
just ask yourself why there is no humanitarian organization now in Iraq to help the iraqis to rebuild their life, while when Saddam was into power, they went into Iraq to save the innocent iraqi children against the "US criminals" while kissing the bloody hands of that bastard Saddam Hussein?
I think that Amnesty is little bit biased... you know, mere talk is not enough.. i would like to see them going into Iran to visit the political prisoners and those that risk to be stoned or executed..
i repeat, talk is not enough. now it is time to act.. otherwise it is clear that Amnesty acts where it wants..
Action! No talks! No hipocrisy!

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Spenta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Not Necessarily Reply with quote

Dear Stefania,

Amnesty has not been very aggressive with Iran lately. But they were very helpful a year ago with public statements denouncing the Public Executions in Iran, and also in previous years. That year Iran topped the international charts with the highest # of public executions (call it Khatami's Reforms in action) but mercifully, they stopped hanging 6 people evey other day. Both HRW & Amnesty were part of the internationl pressure. Amnesty has also done an execllent job of documenting IRI's genocides and crimes against humanity, which will be very useful for the Iranian people later.

HRW is better with Iran, IMO. Some of the people in HRW are Iranian, including some prominant Iranian American women. They do care, and they do respond. HRW sent out one of the first formal complaints about the attacks on the students dorms this June.

I do agree though that Amnesty is not always objective, when it comes to Iran. However, that should not stop anyone from using all these organisations in addition to governments with letter, petition and email campaigns. Because when all is said and done, emails, letters and faxes/phone calls do make a difference. IMO.

At this point, the number one priority of the exiled opposition is to apply pressure through letters & campaigns to Human Rights Groups and western governments. We must maintain pressure constantly, and from all sides.
stefania

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes dear, you are right about HRW. but i have not much simpathy for Amnesty..
I see it as a little bit biased..
don't you think they exaggerate the claims on the so-called "Jenin massacre"? As for Iraq,there is no one of those "humanitarian" organizations which is now working for the iraqi people.. they are disappeared. But why were they there when Saddam was into power?
what a hipocrisy!
Dear, don't hate me if i have this opinion..
but i think that Amnesty might go into Iran just as it did in the Saddam's Iraq and in the Arafat's Palestine now!
Mere condemns cannot help the iranian people..
so,a serious humanitarian org must go into Iran!!! Evil or Very Mad
Listen, if i could, i will be leaving for Iran, i would like to do a humanitarian service for the iranian people.. Becoz words are not enough..
Action Now! Stop double standards!!!!!!!!!

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why every one here is ignoring me?? why dont you answer my private messages?? i asked for help for the petitions but no one answered me!! Evil or Very Mad

Spenta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Chill Reply with quote

Dear Stefania,

I don't hate you because of your opinions or any other reasons Stefania. I respect you, even if we disagree. And I have already responded to you re: private messages, that if you have sent one to me, I don't see it. Other people may be busy, I don't know.

Regardless of Amnesty's bias etc. I believe that we all have to take the actions that are needed. Writing all organisations, inlcuding Amnesty. That is my point!

"Power Concedes Nothing Without Demand"

A famous Amercian Unionist who successfully defeated corporate greed said this recently. Ultimately, his point was, no matter how greedy the corporations, if you still take the actions, form groups, lobby and demand it can have an effect and power will concede. I agree with him.

Writing petitions to Amnesty & the UN doesn't mean they are right, or I agree with all of their assessments or analysis. It just means that I am using an existing channel to express my demands to those in power. And I believe that it works, you build enough momentum and it will work so well that everyone will see it. Our job is to use all these channels to demand from power, justice. If we stop, they will take and take and take ... when we demand strongly enough, they concede. Thats all.

So please everyone Keep emailing, faxing, calling and writing and using every single channel there is to express your demands on behalf of the struggle of the Iranian people. They can't use these channels because of blocks and censorship, but we can and must on their behalf. Because Power concedes nothing without demand. So start demanding.
stefania

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Spenta,we must demand more actions from all the human rights organizations,becoz more action is necessary! u repeat,talk is cheap..but action is what the iranian people needs now! don't you agree on this?
Also, i hope you know that there is a great human rights organization called the Transnational Radical Party that is always where an oppressed people needs help.. at this regard,Emma Bonino is one of the best female activists i ever known.. The TRP is a great human rights organization..they also go into the front where they want to give the oppressed peoples a voice..
dear Spenta, i don't think we disagree..
everything you said was what i also think..
Me and you have the same opinions,even if we use differents ways to express,but if you think that the only person which is active on the Iranian front is RP, i agree with you..
you know,sometimes it is difficoult to say one's own opinion,becoz we should be seen as non-partisan,but you know what i think..
Very Happy Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: