[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iran Becomes Top Funding Source for Arafat's Fatah
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Iran Becomes Top Funding Source for Arafat's Fatah Reply with quote

Iran Replaces Iraq, Becomes Top Funding Source for Arafat's Fatah

January 29, 2004
World Tribune
Tribune.com

Iran has become the main financier of the largest Palestinian insurgency group in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Israeli military sources said that over the last year Iran and its Hizbullah ally have supplied the ruling Fatah movement with as much as 90 percent of the organization's requirements to maintain the Palestinian war against the Jewish state.

The sources said Iran has replaced Iraq in financing Fatah operations against Israel. Until early 2003, Iraq was pumping about $2 million a month to Palestinian insurgents, mostly Fatah, in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, Middle East Newsline reported.

The sources said Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat has steadily reduced funding to Fatah and provides no more than 10 percent of Fatah's requirements to maintain the war.

"Arafat is hardly involved in the financing of the war. Iran is," a senior military source said. "But without Arafat, Iran would not have the Fatah infrastructure to finance."

"In every [Palestinian] town and village, you can find groups of Fatah people who have been financed and trained by Iran," [Res.] Maj. Gen. Amos Gilad, director of the Israeli Defense Ministry's political-military unit, said.

The Iraqi funds were halted in March 2003 when the United States invaded Iraq and ousted the regime of Saddam Hussein.

On Tuesday, Israeli security sources said Arafat has again resumed the harboring of Palestinian insurgents wanted by Israel. The sources said the insurgents included recruiters for suicide bombers or the bombers themselves. In all, the sources said, about 30 Palestinian fugitives wanted by Israel have found safe haven in Arafat's headquarters in the West Bank city of Ramallah.

In another development, the Israeli government held its first meeting to draft a plan for unilateral separation from the Palestinian Authority. The meeting was led by National Security Council chairman Maj. Gen. Giora Eiland National and included officials from the Mossad intelligence agency.

Today, a new terrorist attack in the heart of Jerusalem, after months of "truce", arafat men hit again.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/list]

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are they also gonna send of us pics of palestinians that they have murdered too?

Twisted Evil no one needs to worry, for the one person that is on that stretcher, 25 palestinians have already been killed.
Guest #1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest, I agree. As long as the Palestinians are under this brutal occupation, and that stupid wall is being built there will be no peace. I would like to know what Israelis would do if someone started to build a wall around there homes and schools and if they were under occupation. Would they all sit at home and let the occupying force do as it pleases or would the get so fed up that they would fight back???
Why don't we talk about these issues?? I thought everyone was happy when the Berlin Wall went down, so why r we putting up another one now?? Shouldn't we moving forward in history instead of backward??
danesh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: dd Reply with quote

Guest #1 wrote:
Guest, I agree. As long as the Palestinians are under this brutal occupation, and that stupid wall is being built there will be no peace. I would like to know what Israelis would do if someone started to build a wall around there homes and schools and if they were under occupation. Would they all sit at home and let the occupying force do as it pleases or would the get so fed up that they would fight back???
Why don't we talk about these issues?? I thought everyone was happy when the Berlin Wall went down, so why r we putting up another one now?? Shouldn't we moving forward in history instead of backward??

Let me tell you -

The wall may not be the best idea, but what is the Palestinian leadership doing I ask you? What are they doing for the society.. The leadership has squandered millions and billions just like other tyrants in the Middle East have been doing for years... Why aren't the PLO leaders doing something fo rtheir citizens - who then get hired out by Islamic Republic thugs to beat on my people! Palestinians leadership s hould be ashamed of themselves and so should other Middle Eastern leaders who exploit the Palestinian people for their own proxy war against the Jews..
Guest #1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry danesh, but I don't think u answered my questions. By the way do u think that Israel's leaders are doing a good job?? If they were I don't think things would be this way. There have been so many polls taken, both of Israelis and Palestinians, and a majority want peace. You want to criticize the PLO or Arafat, but look at the Israeli prime minister.
redemption

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: d Reply with quote

Guest #1 wrote:
I'm sorry danesh, but I don't think u answered my questions. By the way do u think that Israel's leaders are doing a good job?? If they were I don't think things would be this way. There have been so many polls taken, both of Israelis and Palestinians, and a majority want peace. You want to criticize the PLO or Arafat, but look at the Israeli prime minister.

Guest: There are leaders on both sides of the isle who may cause problems - but the last time I checked, this forum was not a Israeli/Palestinian forum - but a 'FREE IRAN' forum...
Saman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that among the Arabs who roam the streets of Tehran and beat up those who oppose the regime, there are Palestinian Arabs.

Those Iranians who foremost support a "free Palestine" are only biting their own behind, the Arabs have always turned their back on us. So don't be foolish!

It's in a free Iran's interest to be on good terms with Israel.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Guest #1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off to Redemption, if this is a "Free Iran" site, then why are there postings about the Israeli/Palestinian issue. I'm not the one who posted the article in the first place. I'm just giving my opinion. That is what I'm allowed to do isn't it? Second, Saman just in case you didn't know our country (Iran) is surrounded by Arab countries, and second of all I don't understand why this is an Arab bashing site. Everyone deserves to be free, whether they are Arab, Iranian, Israeli, African, etc. And the bottom line is that we are all human beings, just because we're Iranian doesn't make us better then any other person, and I think you should keep that in mind. And about ur Palestinian Arabs beating up Iranians in the streets of Tehran, you know there are Afghans who are part of the Basiji that do the same thing, so why are you pointing out just Arabs?
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
First off to Redemption, if this is a "Free Iran" site, then why are there postings about the Israeli/Palestinian issue.

Because the mullahs stealing our countries money are giving it to Arafat's Fatah movement to kill Israelis. That is what that article is about. Isn't it?
dariusthegreat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: h Reply with quote

Guest #1 wrote:
First off to Redemption, if this is a "Free Iran" site, then why are there postings about the Israeli/Palestinian issue. I'm not the one who posted the article in the first place. I'm just giving my opinion. That is what I'm allowed to do isn't it? Second, Saman just in case you didn't know our country (Iran) is surrounded by Arab countries, and second of all I don't understand why this is an Arab bashing site. Everyone deserves to be free, whether they are Arab, Iranian, Israeli, African, etc. And the bottom line is that we are all human beings, just because we're Iranian doesn't make us better then any other person, and I think you should keep that in mind. And about ur Palestinian Arabs beating up Iranians in the streets of Tehran, you know there are Afghans who are part of the Basiji that do the same thing, so why are you pointing out just Arabs?

riiiiight.... you are Persian?
Guest #1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azadeh_55 you wrote "Because the mullahs stealing our countries money are giving it to Arafat's Fatah movement to kill Israelis. That is what that article is about. Isn't it?" What about how much money the Shah stole?? Surely you don't think his son lived outside of Iran for more then 20 years by busting his back to support his family??? And second, I don't understand why you guys choose to ignore questions that I ask and just post responses to try and prove me wrong. And by the way, this stealing of money has been going on for years, did you guys just suddenly realize this??? And to dariushthegreat, like I said, "just because we're Iranian doesn't make us better then any other person" (if you could read you would know that means I AM persian.) And why do you even care? Is it not a "Iranian" thing to do, to try and look at both sides of an issue? Just because I may be defending someone else's rights, who doesn't happen to be Iranian and Jewish, then I'm ignorant or not a "Real Iranian?" I just think everyone deserves to be free, why doesn't anyone bother to point this out when they're talking? And some people want to say that the "Arabs" turned their backs on us, so tell me how many times have we helped the "Arabs." Not that that even matters, shouldn't we help another human being who is in need, without stopping to see if they're Muslim, Christian, Jewish, black, white, purple, whatever??? And you guys want to have a "free Iran???" Looks like your vision of Iran is worse then the mullahs. They used their own interpretation of Islam to abuse the people of Iran, and you guys want to use people's race to determine who is better and who is worse.
monopoly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: ll Reply with quote

Guest #1 wrote:
Azadeh_55 you wrote "Because the mullahs stealing our countries money are giving it to Arafat's Fatah movement to kill Israelis. That is what that article is about. Isn't it?" What about how much money the Shah stole?? Surely you don't think his son lived outside of Iran for more then 20 years by busting his back to support his family??? And second, I don't understand why you guys choose to ignore questions that I ask and just post responses to try and prove me wrong. And by the way, this stealing of money has been going on for years, did you guys just suddenly realize this??? And to dariushthegreat, like I said, "just because we're Iranian doesn't make us better then any other person" (if you could read you would know that means I AM persian.) And why do you even care? Is it not a "Iranian" thing to do, to try and look at both sides of an issue? Just because I may be defending someone else's rights, who doesn't happen to be Iranian and Jewish, then I'm ignorant or not a "Real Iranian?" I just think everyone deserves to be free, why doesn't anyone bother to point this out when they're talking? And some people want to say that the "Arabs" turned their backs on us, so tell me how many times have we helped the "Arabs." Not that that even matters, shouldn't we help another human being who is in need, without stopping to see if they're Muslim, Christian, Jewish, black, white, purple, whatever??? And you guys want to have a "free Iran???" Looks like your vision of Iran is worse then the mullahs. They used their own interpretation of Islam to abuse the people of Iran, and you guys want to use people's race to determine who is better and who is worse.

Guest#1: - I don't think people on this forum are using people's race to determine who is better and who is worse --- but if you do need to know, YES: Much of the pain caused to our people has been as a result of the actions of Arab monkeys and their psychotic "Islam"! - Yes - everyone does deserve to be free and it will happen.. We are not saying some deserve to be imprisoned and other's do not! Do you have a point? Or are you simply interested in Shah bashing, mullah loving, and other such waste of time hobbies..? If so, please make it clear who and what your intentions are.
Saman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really don't want to make this a "Arab-Israeli" discussion. But I feel that I have to refute Guest #1 pro-Tazi claims.

Guest #1 wrote:
You want to criticize the PLO or Arafat, but look at the Israeli prime minister.

OK, let's take a look at the different leaders both sides have had Mr. Guest #1:
Quote:
68-69 Levi Eshkol - Yasser Arafat
69-74 Golda Meir - Yasser Arafat
74-77 Yitzchak Rabin - Yasser Arafat
77-83 Menachem Begin - Yasser Arafat
83-84 Yitzchak Shamir - Yasser Arafat
84-86 Shimon Peres - Yasser Arafat
86-92 Yitzchak Shamir - Yasser Arafat
92-95 Yitzchak Rabin - Yasser Arafat
95-96 Shimon Peres - Yasser Arafat
96-99 Bibi Netanyahu - Yasser Arafat
99-01 Ehud Barak - Yasser Arafat
01- Ariel Sharon - Yasser Arafat

Still don't think it's right to critize his highness Mohammed Abder Rauf Arafat al-Kudwa al-Husseini?

Quote:
Saman just in case you didn't know our country (Iran) is surrounded by Arab countries, and second of all I don't understand why this is an Arab bashing site.

So what if Iran is sorrounded be Arab countries? Does that mean that we have to bow down their wishes? If you really are Iranian I wonder were your sence of priority is. Isn't Israel sorrounded be Arab countries that have been trying to wipe it off the map since 1948???

Quote:
Everyone deserves to be free, whether they are Arab, Iranian, Israeli, African, etc. And the bottom line is that we are all human beings, just because we're Iranian doesn't make us better then any other person, and
I think you should keep that in mind.

That is true, but I am an Iranian patriot. I put IRAN first. I wan't the Arabs in Palestine to be able to live a normal life, but I'm not putting the blame on Israel, but the Arabs themselves. They NEVER accepted Israel as a state.

Quote:
And about ur Palestinian Arabs beating up Iranians in the streets of Tehran, you know there are Afghans who are part of the Basiji that do the same thing, so why are you pointing out just Arabs?

Of course there's a difference if there are Arabs or Afghans in the Basiji. There this little thing called HISTORY you know. And if you take a look at it, you'll understand the kind of feelings it creates when Arabs are beating up our fellow Iranians. The Tazis have never been good friends with people Iran, and they will never be either.

Anyway, I'd like to apoligize to the other members of the forum if I was out of line in starting a disussion about the arab-israeli conflict.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
redemption

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: e Reply with quote

If you don't mind Saman, I have something to add:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: