[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

President Elect Obama For Change And NEW USA Foreign Policy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Egypt Is the New Iran by Jim Hoft Reply with quote

Ambassador Hakimi Email Broadcast wrote:

Egypt Is the New Iran by Jim Hoft Former Republican Congressional candidate
Saturday, January 29, 2011, 7:20 PM
Source: http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/01/egypt-is-the-new-iran/

Former Republican Congressional candidate and friend Ari David sent in this analysis on the current crisis in Egypt.
Let’s hope another Islamist hell like Iran does not await the Egyptians, the Middle East and our world.

Egypt is the New Iran
“When Great forces are on the move we realize we are spirits, not animals” – Ronald Reagan

The circle is now complete. This week Barack Obama truly became what many people believe he was all along, the long lost second term of Jimmy Carter’s presidency. The parallel between the snakebit presidency of Carter and the snakebit Presidency of Obama is stunning. The very week of –“Barack Obama 2.0” the “Comeback Kid” the “Clintonesque pivot” the “I love Ronald Reagan” TIME Magazine cover and the “It’s jobs and the economy stupid”- Obama’s weakest issue, foreign policy, leapt from the dark to grab his full attention at the worst possible time.

How is Obama handling such a crisis in order to not let it go to waste? The exact same way that Jimmy Carter let the congruent 1979 situation in Iran go to waste.

First he criticized the weakened leader of Egypt, Hosni Mubarak. Next Obama threatened to emasculate Mubarak’s standing with the Egyptian military by reducing US financial aid if Mubarak didn’t allow the protests and revolution in the streets to continue.

Obama followed up by tacitly signaling that he supports the violent Islamic protests which are backed by the Shariah-compliant extremists of the Moslem Brotherhood, which is the only real opposition party in Egypt to the thirty-year dictator Mubarak. After that, like Carter, Obama showed constant indecision and weakness, which is having the result of undermining our allies and empowering the forces of insanity and evil on the ground in Egypt and other destabilized countries in the region like Tunisia, Lebanon and Jordan.

Just like Carter, Obama got us to this point by undermining our only ally in the area, Israel, and empowering all of her regional enemies for the first two years of his presidency. That undermining has led us directly to these out of control events.

At this moment, of the four nations that border Israel, two of them, Syria and Lebanon, are client states of Iran waging constant war and the other two which both have brokered peace are facing internal turmoil, Jordan is facing Islamic protests in her streets and the relatively stable tourist destination Egypt, is exploding in revolution.

The way Obama is handling the Egyptian crisis there can only be one outcome. The Moslem brotherhood will seize total control of the nation and turn the Arab world’s most populace country into a totalitarian Islamic theocracy just like Iran. Egypt’s fall will be a strategic disaster for the US because Egypt borders Israel and controls the vital Suez Canal which connects the Indian Ocean to the Mediterranean Sea. The Suez is one of the most vital water-ways in the entire world because it is the shipping lane that allows Middle East oil to get to the consumer countries in Europe.

If Egypt falls to this kind of governance total war will quickly come to the Middle East with catastrophic strategic and economic consequences for the whole world.

What should have Obama done? The answer is simple. He should have done the exact opposite of what Carter did in dealing with the Shah of Iran. Obama should have empowered President Mubarak to crush the uprising swiftly and ruthlessly, taking advantage of the fact that Moslem ideation always respects the cold demonstration of power. He should have backed Mubarak by pledging even more military aid to help with the crisis as a symbol of American support and he should have called all associated with the Moslem Brotherhood to surrender or face brutal retaliation.

We can look at these events and Obama’s reaction and see that he is acting in support of the revolution. Obama always supports the side of the Islamist extremists in Middle East affairs. Maybe this is further proof of Obama’s “Moslem Faith” or maybe it is yet another sign of Obama’s weakness, insecurity with his identity as America’s leader or yet another sign of Obama’s limitless well of immaturity.

Iran has been a bastion of total evil since Jimmy Carter allowed her to become an Islamic theocracy in 1979. No country in the world has been more responsible for atrocious evil acts than Iran in all of these years and is now at the doorstep of possessing nuclear weapons. All of this pain is the Jimmy Carter legacy bequeathed upon our generation.

Obama is making a journey down the same path. How ironic that these events are occurring the same week as Ronald Reagan’s 100th birthday. A cold reminder of who saved America and the world from Carter’s total incompetence.

Sometimes events happen in the world in just such a way that remind us all that God’s hand is involved in all things. The week of Obama’s great pivot and Reagan’s 100th birthday, it seems as if God himself stepped in the way of Obama’s plans to end America’s pre-eminent position in the world and delivered world events to him in such a way that the inescapable parallel between Obama and Jimmy Carter can not be avoided except by the most liberal of media lapdogs or the most obtuse progressive voter. The liberal media supporters of Obama are calling the events on the ground in Egypt the “Arab world’s summer of love” and a “Middle Eastern year of Aquarius” (sic). Just like Carter’s Iran, Egypt will prove the beginning of the end for the Obama presidency and an end to any credibility his world view has with the American voter.

The week of the 100th year of his birth, America will be reminded by world events of just what made Ronald Reagan so great.

Related: Via Power Line… There is no good policy for the United States regarding the uprising in Egypt but the Obama Administration may be adopting something close to the worst option.

Free Iran ActivistChat wrote:
We believe in the concept of complete secularism in government, which generally means complete separation of the State from religion, or any ideology or philosophy which can be interpreted as religious (e. g. Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islamism, Judaism, etc., or extreme ideologies such as Fascism or Communism). Secularism can be considered as common sense versus Ideology.

Democracy without secularism and secular parties cannot survive and continue a tradition of freedom of choice when a non-secular regime comes to power, as demonstrated by the Nazi party in Germany, the Khomeinist regime in Iran, and more recently by the Hamas Party in Palestine. This principle has been proven historically many times and in many countries.

When there is religious intervention in the affairs of the public and the State, then it become necessary to make public the fact that a religion or its precepts have influenced governmental institutions. It becomes a duty of citizens, in the interests of freedom, to work to remove that religious influence, and restore secular governance.
According to the Iranian Great Hero Professor Kourosh Ariamanesh "No Iranian Is Muslim and No Muslim Is Iranian …"

ActivistChat 2010 Pillars Of Wisdom, and Virtue Guideline Framework And Vision Of Future Direction
http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8895

cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: A Message to the Egyptian People by Dr. Arash Irandoost Reply with quote

Dr. Arash Irandoost wrote:
A Message to the Egyptian People by Dr. Arash Irandoost
January 31, 2011
http://www.newmediajournal.us/staff/irandoost/2011/01312011.htm

Iranian revolution 32 years ago was hijacked by Muslim extremists who deceived the Iranian people and turned Iran to what it is today, a country of misery, corruption, high inflation, unemployment, human trafficking, drugs, prostitution, rape, torture, hunger, poverty, hangings and murder.

Thirty-two years ago, President Carter turned its back on the United State's long- time ally and sided with Khomeini. Carter, in his naiveté, thought that Khomeini would bring democracy and freedom to the Iranian people, even though he called Iran the "island of stability in the region."

Now, Iranians are much yearning for the freedoms they had, not to mention the democracy they aspired. Rulers of Iran have indeed taken the country back to the medieval times. Boys and girls cannot hold hands while walking on the streets. Islamic dress code is strictly enforced. All forms of entertainment and joyfulness are prohibited. Women are treated like second class citizens. They are hanged or stoned for having sexual relationships with the opposite sex, even though in some cases their male partners might have been the culprit. Political freedoms are taken away. Corruption runs rampant. Independent newspapers are shut down. Religious minorities are persecuted. Many political activists, who helped bring this regime to power, are killed or forced out of the country and their latest's "son of revolution", Dr. Ibrahim Yazdi, is now rotting in regime's jail. Second to China, Iran is the most violator of human rights in the world. And the President Obama, unfortunately, is in bed with both.

cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Will Egypt Survive the Current Crisis? Reply with quote

Quote:

Source: http://hakemiat-e-mardom.blogspot.com/2011/02/will-egypt-survive-current-crisis.html

Right Side News

Will Egypt Survive the Current Crisis?
by Arash Irandoost

About five days ago, as the demonstrations were beginning to take shape in Egypt, I warned the brave Egyptian people to take lessons from Iran's 1979 hijacked revolution by the Islamists. I also warned them about Mr. El Baradei, who has been in bed with the mullahs of Iran ever since he was put in charge of IAEA. Mr. El Baradei was so delinquent in his duties that had it not been for the Iranian opposition group, MEK, the United Nations, IAEA and for the matter the United States with all of her intelligence might, would not have been aware of Iran's nuclear weapons program.

It looks like that the Egyptian people are handling the situation a lot better than originally thought, at least for now. They have, for the most part, gathered in the "Liberty Square" and are demanding Mubarak's resignation. All indications are that Egyptians have not embraced El Baradei as a collective leader, most likely because of his Iranian suspicious connections and frankly his lack of charisma and political experience.

cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: If Obama Did Not Appease Islamist Zahra Bahrami Reply with quote

Free Iran ActivistChat wrote:
If Obama Did Not Appease Islamists Zahra Bahrami Would Not Have Been Executed ...

If President Obama did not write two letters to Khameni and Obama Admin did not appease Islamists Thugs and Mullahs in Iran then the Zahra Bahrami would not have been executed ... Obama and G20 are responsible for choas in the region ...
If President Obama would not go to Egypt and in his famous speech say that "Islam is Great Religon" then we would not see Egypt choas ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpguQIcQuVQ&feature=&p=E7133240C76A2C52&index=0&playnext=1

Voice of Zahra Bahrami for freedom and against barbarism (Farsi with English translation)

PLEASE SHARE - Zahra Bahrami's voice on the Radio in Dec. 2009
by Freedom and Democracy for Iran (videos)
9:00 PLEASE SHARE - The story of Zahra Bahrami. Her voice on ePersian Radio in December 28th, 2009

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/video/video.php?v=160841060631905

This is the voice of Zahra Bahrami, the Iranian-Dutch lady who was hanged on January 29th, 2011 by the Islamic Republic for "dealing drugs"!!!! Listen to her and decide for yourself!!!

She was arrested and released. Then she made this phone call in December 28th from inside Iran to ePersian Radio in Washington D.C. and was re-arrested.

Zahra Bahram (Mrs. Kordieh): Greetings to you and to all freedom fighters across Iran. I apologize for my coarse voice. As you heard in the news on the day of Ashoura, I lay my shouts of rage on them [regime security agents] and I lost my voice. It's not a problem. I am willing to sacrifice myself for Iran. Now I want to talk to the "doctor" (previous caller) who called in from Germany. Mr. doctor! you are asking us not to use violence. You are not here and you don't know what they did to us on Ashoura. You weren't here when they ran over three youngsters with the security trucks right in front of my eyes, and you don't know how I felt at that moment. At that moment I was talking to this radio station and I screamed: they ran them over! they just killed three young people! their bodies went cold right in front of our eyes!

Sir, doctor! you are living in Germany! where are you? you are not here to see how they hit people! you never saw how they sliced a kid's fingers with a slice and the fingers ended up in the gutters! and blood gushed out in front of my eyes! and you expect me to stand around and watch? do you expect me to run away? For those asking, yes this is the voice of Kordieh Banoo...and I will speak up until this evil regime leaves us alone and is toppled. They will not be able to shut me up again. Mr. Doctor, sitting in Germany, do not give advice to us. Go do your physicians work. Go make money for your family. We are swimming in blood here. We are here watching the sliced fingers of a kid in the gutters. We are watching three youngsters whose bodies went cold crushed under security trucks. They ran them over like they were bags of cement! what are you saying? who are you talking to? This is not Holland or Germany here! This is not Los Angeles either! No this is Tehran! the city of blood! Today a bus load of security agents poured into the university and attacked the students and broke their heads. They beat them up badly. They hit them over the head with bricks and rocks. These are the dirty Basiji bastards!

Who do you think you are talking about? today they severely beat up the students in the university. They dragged their bodies out of the university! If you are looking for Ashoura, religious martyrs day, it was today! the martyrs were our kids at the university. Never again will we sit quietly and watch them beat us. We are not going to be beat into submission anymore.

We are not going to sit idle to watch them bury people like Sohrab and Neda while we sit around eating our dinner and prevent our kids from going outside! No! we will be on the frontlines from now. Yes we will get beaten but we will beat them up too. Yes from now on we will beat them too. I was one of the ones on the day of Ashoura standing in frontlines yelling at people to attack! do not run away!

Why are you running way? I was yelling at them! what are you running away from? I was the one who stomped on one of the motorcycle of the Special Forces. And I was beaten as a result. I am proud of every bruise on my body. I am proud of my legs and arms that are now blue/ black. I am proud of my torn up vocal chords because chants of freedom came out of this throat! Please do not tell us to sit back. We won't!

Do not tell us to be silent! we won't be! Do not tell us not to beat them! we will! We will raise hell and tear them apart! From now on we will attack everything and anything that belongs to this regime! everything! this is not like the past anymore! You, Mr. doctor or engineer! and to you, the folks who are living Europe and have butlers, and are not helping this radio station, and you are sipping your 15 year old French wines in Europe and America, we are standing tall here. We will support this radio station and will not be silent anymore!

We will lay our rage on this regime from now on ! I want to thank the host here who did not leave us alone for a moment. We will see you again in the streets of Tehran. We are waiting for the Green Movement to see when our next gathering will be. We will be there in the streets of Tehran with clinched fists and with Iranian ire!

Yesterday I was at the cemetery even though I had not slept for two days! We were awaiting the body of of Mousavi's brother-in-law who was murdered. The cowards did not even show up with the body. They are scared of us. They do not want more protests like Ashoura!

Translation: Tour Irani

آخرین گفته های شهید راه آزادی زهرا بهرامی ( کردیه بانو ) که بدست رژیم جنایتکار جمهوری اسلامی کشته شد
(مصاحبه با پرشین رادیو
blank

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eBPmUPA6J4
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: President Obama, you undermined the 2009 Iranian Uprising Reply with quote

President Obama, you undermined the 2009 Iranian Uprising
Mansur Rastani, PhD wrote:

The following letter has been submitted to U.S. President and Vice President and the Senators, United Nation, some western governments as well as major news medias across the globe.

Mansur Rastani, PhD

http://defendingiraniandemocracy.blogspot.com/

Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 5:34 AM
To: thisweek@abc.com ; murkowski@senate.gov ; levin@senate.gov ; dodd@senate.gov ; tester@senate.gov ; lincoln@senate.gov ; crapo@senate.gov ; McConnell@senate.gov ; feinstein@senate.gov ; baucus@senate.gov ; boxer@senate.gov ; bayh@senate.gov ; corker@senate.gov ; enzi@senate.gov ; Human Rights Minnesota ; foreign@washpost.com ; schumer@senate.gov ; collins@senate.gov ; refounders@foxnews.com ; news@bbc.co.uk ; bingaman@senate.gov ; akaka@senate.gov ; billnelson@senate.gov ; shelby@senate.gov ; johanns@senate.gov ; dorgan@senate.gov ; ensign@senate.gov ; gillibrand@senate.gov ; caffertyfile@cnn.com ; wicker@senate.gov ; admin@number10.gov.uk ; hatch@senate.gov ; barrasso@senate.gov ; news@nbc.com ; roberts@senate.gov ; brownback@senate.gov ; sanders@senate.gov ; McCaskill@senate.gov ; info@justforeignpolicy.org ; sessions@senate.gov ; bennelson@senate.gov ; nightly@nbc.com ; lemieux@senate.gov ; warner@senate.gov ; foxaroundtheworld@foxnews.com ; bond@senate.gov ; comments@whitehouse.gov ; burris@senate.gov ; murray@senate.gov ; specter@senate.gov ; ontherecord@foxnews.com ; risch@senate.gov ; sitecanadasite@canada.gc.ca ; rights@nytimes.com ; inhofe@senate.gov ; scottbrown@senate.gov ; coburn@senate.gov ; reid@senate.gov ; tomudall@senate.gov ; earlyshow@cbs.com ; countdown@msnbc.com ; jim.walton@turner.com ; ftn@cbsnews.com ; cornyn@senate.gov ; whitehouse@senate.gov ; landrieu@senate.gov ; kerry@senate.gov ; casey@senate.gov ; hotline@apa.at ; inouye@senate.gov ; today@nbc.com ; ombudsman@washpost.com ; cardin@senate.gov ; shaheen@senate.gov ; wyden@senate.gov ; conrad@senate.gov ; United Nation Int ; merkley@senate.gov ; hardball@msnbc.com ; harkin@senate.gov ; Secretary@state.gov ; kohl@senate.gov ; ggs2@columbia.edu ; brown@senate.gov ; burr@senate.gov ; hutchison@senate.gov ; kaufman@senate.gov ; McCain@senate.gov ; leahy@senate.gov ; isakson@senate.gov ; cavuto@foxnews.com ; stabenow@senate.gov ; Colmes@foxnews.com ; vitter@senate.gov ; snowe@senate.gov ; bennett@senate.gov ; reed@senate.gov ; mikulski@senate.gov ; yourviews@cnn.com ; demint@senate.gov ; kcarroll@ap.org ; oreilly@foxnews.com ; bbcworldpressoffice@bbc.co.uk ; lugar@senate.gov ; Lieberman@senate.gov ; durbin@senate.gov ; menendez@senate.gov ; bunning@senate.gov ; vice_president@whitehouse.gov ; evening@cbsnews.com ; klobuchar@senate.gov ; webb@senate.gov ; Lcox@aiusa.org ; markudall@senate.gov ; cantwell@senate.gov ; johnson@senate.gov ; gregg@senate.gov ; carper@senate.gov ; pryor@senate.gov ; rockefeller@senate.gov ; Human Rights Center Berkeley ; chambliss@senate.gov ; begich@senate.gov ; dtletters@telegraph.co.uk ; onlineda@newshour.org ; kyl@senate.gov ; hagan@senate.gov ; voinovich@senate.gov ; cochran@senate.gov ; enquiries.goeast@goeast.gsi.gov.uk ; lautenberg@senate.gov ; franken@senate.gov ; graham@senate.gov ; President@whitehouse.gov ; thune@senate.gov ; grassley@senate.gov ; United Nation Int Europe ; Secretary@defense.gov
Subject: President Obama, you undermined the 2009 Iranian Uprising

February 4, 2011

President Obama, you undermined the 2009 Iranian Uprising

Mr. President, People of Iran would like you to know that they do not recognize the terrorist Islamic regime in Iran as their legitimate government. This brutal regime has basically usurped the country Iran with the support of couple of millions of its own paid theocratic mercenaries and has taken the Iranian people as hostage. The people of Iran have had 3000 years of Persian history; they are the founders of the principles of human rights whose emblem has been erected at the entrance of the United Nation. Persian culture and language among Iranians has inherited form one generation to next generation and has always been respected, maintained and remained uninfluenced under the assault of foreign cultures and cults during this period of time.

Mr. President, It was during June 2009 when the people of Iran took to the streets and fired their landslide protest against the fraudulent election by millions. The brutal occupier regime in Iran began cracking down on the protestors, and while people screaming in agony you choose to stay silent and bear witness, saying “We don’t know how this thing is going to play out.” Somehow, that statement didn’t blow our mind like “hope and change,” but that’s exactly how you felt about Iran. The Iranians went on protest and lost their lives and you just watched. In fact, a poll was released at the time, which showed only single digits of Americans approved of the way you handled of the situation; even approval among Democrats was in the single digits. Democrats and Republicans were both unhappy with your weak, casual position on Iran, some were saying you were acting timid, many were upset that you didn’t show much support for the citizen freedom fighters in Iran.

Mr. President, You spoke so respectfully of the autocratic Ayatollah Khamenei and said that he recognized the concerns the people had about the election. Never mind that the response to those concerns was to order a ruthless and violent crackdown on their demonstration. There were too many women among protesters, some were shot, and a major number have since been hanged by the brutal cleric regime in Iran. These women were fighting in pursuit of freedom whose parents lost under foreign influence 32 years ago. You insisted that you wouldn’t like to make matters worse by giving the rulers ammunition to blame the upheaval on the U.S., saying that you didn’t want to be seen as “meddling” in the Iranian elections. The Iranian election was obviously a sham and should be thrown out and a new election under the watch of the United Nations should have been held.

Mr. President, About two years later, the Egyptians are now having their uprising against their government. Egyptian people are Muslims and contrary to Iranian people have Islamic culture. There are riots in the streets, however noticing how few women are seen in the protest one can conclude that the protesters might not be all that tolerant or concerned about freedom and democracy after all, which verifies the bitter truth that under no circumstances a democracy can be created out of the belief system of Islam anywhere. Regardless, you decide to support the protesters in Egypt for the cause of democracy, your administration is getting involved to meddle in this crisis to the point of outlining a detailed proposal for Mubarak resignation, and an immediate, meaningful, peaceful and orderly power transition. Even X-President Jimmy Carter is out there in support of Egyptians saying Mubarak must go. While we all know that Jimmy Carter who was the main contributor on imposing the Islamic regime upon the people of Iran 32 years ago did not say anything in support of Iranian protesters in 2009.

Mr. President, If someone was being mugged, he’d really like a cop to shoot the bastard, instead of bearing witness. Back in June 2009 you did absolutely nothing except to comment that the “the world is watching you” to the Iranian leaders. I wish you felt as immediately outraged about Iran as you did over Egypt uprising. Instead of bearing witness you must instantly put the same level of pressure on the Iranian government that you are currently putting on the Egyptian government.

Mr. President, As the democracy advocate on earth, U.S. along with its allies should hold the Islamic regime in Iran responsible for its violation of human rights inside the country and its terrorist acts across the globe, should declare the illegitimacy of the regime, impose sever political sanction on the government and all its leaders, should prevent the travel of its member through the aerial, land and water borders, and impose an ultimatum on the government surrender. Upon the fall of the regime have the United Nation send an international group of supervision for a public referendum and establishing a provisional government and arresting all the members of the government for the domestic and/or international trial. This is the only peaceful way of keeping the democracy alive in the world.

On behalf of genuine Iranians

Mansur Rastani, PhD
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Political Islam lurks in Egypt and Tunisia Reply with quote

Jahanshah Rashidian wrote:

Political Islam lurks in Egypt and Tunisia.

Source: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1515903855#!/note.php?note_id=488733511663

by Jahanshah Rashidian on Thursday, February 3, 2011 at 12:25am.
In this article with several introductory remarks, I address myself to the people of Tunisia and Egypt, who are now in a sensitive stage of their history. They are in a position to choose a secular and democratic regime or an Islamic one instead of their current dictatorial and corrupt regimes. I speak up that the obvious cure to the problem is not to argue about this or that interpretation of political Islam, as it is intricately proposed by various factions of it around the world, but to radically reject it both in hard or alleviated interpretations.

Let me tell you, that today apart from criminal Islamists who are still involved in the Islamic regimes in Iran and Sudan, there is another spectrum of political Islam who still hypocritically or naively believe in a “better” Islamic regime. Although, they find it okay to scatter handful words against Mullahs, Taliban, Bashir, Ben Laden or Islamic terrors around the world, but prefer to ignore any ideal example of “good” Islamic regime in the course of contemporary history.

Islam originated from one of the most obscure periods of history. It characterises the patriarchal relations of clan society with the most primitive norms and jurisprudence (Sharia). Because of its absolutism, it has not been adapted to our modern societies. Most people in Iran bitterly experienced this fact and I hope the people of Egypt and Tunisia learn from the Iranian experience. There is no reason that the people of Egypt and Tunisia try an Islamic regime again. It has been proved in the last 32 years in Iran that it denies any form of democracy and human rights. Charge sheet of the Islamic regime contains the most barbaric acts of crime, torture, rape, execution on a daily basis. Furthermore, even if Islam reflects any divinity, there are no positive background and moral values that justify the rule of political Islam.

Regarding the plague of the Islamic regime in Iran, Islam is a synonym of backwardness, intolerance, gender segregation and terror. It has no compatibility to be adapted to the values of democracy and human rights, social justice, peace and modernity. In a Khomeini’s version of Islam, democracy is perceived as a Western idea, if even not blasphemy because it dares to set people as equal to Allah. For them, the original sin of democracy is to have rejected the sovereignty of Allah and put in its place the sovereignty of the people.

The alleviated version of political Islam which might be pretended by some “reformists” in Iran or Brotherhood in Egypt or Ghannouchi in Tunisia is a tactical and conciliatory attempt of separating political Islam from the notorious Mullahs. Such tactics are so baseless as if they attempt to separate Hitler or Stalin from their totalitarian ideologies. Most of these dreamers of Islamic Caliphate, who are now in their tactical defense, are the yesterday’s aggressive devotees of Khomeini and maybe the tomorrow’s followers of another Khomeini-like.

As if the experience of the Islamic regime in Iran were shifting to advantage of a “better” Islam, these self-appointed “moderate” Islamists try to convince inexperienced people of Egypt and Tunisia that a version of Islam is democratic and peaceful. They try to persuade the still inexperienced people that their version of political Islam is not the one unfairly abused by Mullahs and Taliban, otherwise “it is the best”. They even have audacity to falsify the history by claiming that conversion to Islam was a free choice of people, and the early Islamic invaders were helped by native people to achieve an Islamic ideal society. This is a twisted history if Islam was a self-confessed religion and not imposed by the Sword of Allah (Seif-Allah). They twist the all obvious facts that Islam is an improvement of social justice, advanced culture and self-identity of all societies of the Islamic world.

Those who tell us such aberrant lies show in fact how they are far from historical facts. In reality, the early Islamic invaders ruined ancient Iran, Egypt, Tunisia and their native civilisation. They imposed Islam on people through massive massacres and enslaving of their ancestors. Although, today Iranians suffer particularly since the Islamic regime exists, but unlike “modern” Islamists’ claims, from a historical perspective, we can easily recognise the effects of Islamic invasion as the beginning of all ills. Adepts of this invasion who cannot or do not want to point out the religious roots of our ills are either hypocrite or brainwashed.

“Modern” Islamists of the forcibly Islamised countries like Egypt and Tunisia spread the idea if a Renaissance within the values of Islam were possible! To see how the idea of such an alleged “Renaissance” is illusionary, if not hypocritical, let have a look at these following facts:

There are more than 1.3 billion people, one-fifth of humanity, live in the Islamic countries. Within them are Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, UAE and Kuwait that between them possess 700 billion barrels of proven oil reserves. All the 1.3 billion put together have an annual GDP of less than $1.5 trillion. Comparing these with the annual GDP of Western countries like 290 million Americans and their annual GDP is $10.4 trillion. France is at $1.54 trillion, Germany $2 trillion, UK $1.52 trillion and Italy, long the most religious of Europe, $1.4 trillion. The first remark is that in the entire Islamic world, there is no other important source of income; there is no basic improvement in industry and technology. We can clearly consider the affects of Islam as the only common factor of this economic stagnation.

Of the 1.3 billion Muslims more than 800 million, a great majority of them women, continue to be absolutely illiterate. Among many of those literates, there is a great majority who has been traditionally deprived from a secular and free education—Taliban banned girl schools and Mullahs scarcely tolerate them. Furthermore, a little ratio of Muslim scientists and a total of less than 600 universities for 1.3 billion people do not mean a divine love of Islam for culture! (India has 8,407 universities.)

However, the rulers of these Islamised countries which allegedly follow the message of “peace and tolerance of Islam” are among the largest buyers of conventional weapons. Added to them, the nuclear programmes of Pakistan and Iran are wasting a high sum of budget for their military and repressive institutions. Needless to mention, the only aspect of modernity interesting to the Islamic authorities is the military technology which the authorities usually see as an arsenal that can guarantee their rules and mostly is turned against their own oppressed people.

Considering the colonial factor as a cause of backwardness, we will see that some non-Islamic countries, like India or China, are not bogged in their colonial backwardness. We can realise that the backwardness of the Islamised world is not only imposed by the factor of several decades of colonial powers, but rather and more destructive by many centuries of religious burden. Actually, the development of these countries was not only disturbed by colonial exploiters, but prior to them, it was barred by religion. The religion, as a heavy social ailment, has avoided any increase in productivity and national economy-- unless in traditional small-scale production and contribution of basic consumer goods.

Because of the long period of religious obscurity, no Islamised society was in the position to leave behind the obstacles of traditional backwardness. It is an important fact that has even been never mentioned by Islamists of any calibre and ignored by many pseudo-intellectual pontifications; they have been sugarcoating the ills of the society by pointing colonial or “imperialist” powers as the only scapegoats.

Marx once believed that religion belonged to a category of superstructures, but the idea was deduced from a post- Renaissance society of Europe. The fact is that a non-reformed religion is not an ever neutral superstructure. On the contrary, Islam has never been reformed and remains a solid foundation on which the means of production and social activities of economy are traditionally based. Under the restrictions of Islam, the democratic and secular conditions needed to advance the economy and mode of production can never achieve modern and self-fulfillment.

The conspicuous fact is the more an Islamic society is bogged in its religion, the more it is trapped in a vicious cycle of illiteracy, poverty, backwardness, misogyny and violence. Islamists continue to blame non-Muslims for all failures of the Islamic world. This is an old and routine pretext represented by some paranoid pseudo-intellectuals who perceive democracy and secularism as ideas of foreign dominance. They blame outsiders, “infidels” for all the ills of their society.

Utopia and hypocrisy of these people aside, there is no real bridge linking the obscure values of Islam with democracy. It is an absurdity to combine these two opposite words “Islam” and “democracy”. If the Islamic societies were to be reconciled with modernity, social evolution and democracy, the restoration of religion to the sphere of social life would have no sense. In fact secularism is needed to push back the religion in its confined privacy. This is the basic stipulation that must be accepted by the people of Egypt and Tunisia in order to start becoming adaptive to democracy.

Political Islam, by extension, refers to an emotional self-acceptance of Islam. It is not based on a simple analysis of objective needs of people. Both the objective needs and proven advantages of Islam are not presented. However, both fundamentalist and alleviated followers of political Islam differently but stubbornly deny the fact that Islam is the main factor of the existing backwardness and lack of democracy in the Islamic world.

Instead of attaching to archaic and imposed norms, Islamised societies must take on board the values of secularist-humanist principles on which the democracy and modernity is based. If the people of Islamised societies want to render a service to their countries by incorporating evolutionary ideas, they should dedicate the political arena to secular sates. Nobody can restore Islamic states without further victimising the whole society.

A democracy cannot survive long without the values of secularism; the freedom means to argue, to dissent, and even to be free to criticise and offend taboo values. Democracy is an illusion when is under any form of restriction. Without secularism, the Islamised societies will only serve as medieval fortress of Islamists. Without vital secularism, Islam will continue stifling thought, human rights, freedom and progress of these societies.

Democracy is a heritage of social evolution. In our epoch, it evolves with the values of secularism. Religion, especially Islam, is a steady load for it. Tunisia, Egypt and the rest of Islamised world will never be free with wooly interpretations of alleviated political Islam. We, all democrats of the Islamised world should defend secularism or it will die from hypocritical abuses of both hardliners and so-called modern Islamists. Islamic or any ideological democracy does not practically exist. The case of ex-communist regimes, under the Marxist-Leninist interpretation of “class democracy” is another example. More illusionary, democracy can be pretended by Ahmadinejad and Mullahs of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Democracy is much needed in the Islamised world, but of course without the word “Islam” attached to it. It is time that we, the people of Islamised world, open the ears and eyes to finally quit the dogma that Islam is a fixed and firmly miracle of any problem. Quite on the contrary, the most frequent facts that I partially mentioned show that Islam has enough damaged our societies.

Today, to free and modernise our societies, we have to reject any form of political Islam, as a doctrine for undemocratic and backward principles. Today Political Islam lurks in the shadow of people in Egypt and Tunisia. As one of one of the millions of Mullahs’ victims, I have a moral duty to alarm people of Egypt and Tunisia not to fall in such a trap. You should learn from the 1979 Iranian revolution, not to replace one dictator with another.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: UN and U.S. Double Standards: Egypt vs. Iran Reply with quote

Ambassador Hakimi Post wrote:

Is there any thing wrong in this mail?
If so, please come out with it by sound reasoning!

آیا مطلب نادرستی در اینپست موجود است؟
اگر هست با دلیل و منطق فاش کنید!
هاشم

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2011 4:50 PM
To:You
Subject: US - Egypt - Iran

We are glad to see that at some Media paid attention to what we said (Read the following article)! We have no doubt that many others also would agree with the comments " Shab nameh" already made in regard to the American double standard!

It is very clear for us that the American Administration by dictating to Mobarak to leave "Now" is more concerned about the American investment in Egypt than about "Democracy" in Egypt !

In 1979, President Carter did the same; he wanted the Shah of Iran to leave! He made it impossible for him to remain in Iran ! It was during the cold war; we had over 2500 kilometers of border with the Soviet Union ! The agitators were organized masterly by the left who later used the religious fanatics!... And, the Shah left; and, we know what followed! ... America lost her investment anyway!...

Taliban, Al Qaida, Hamas, Hezbollah, 9/11 and many other events since then are the fruits of Mr. Carter’s policy!

In 2009 democracy upraise in Iran , we clearly chanted: "Obama, whether with us or with them!" ... And Mr. Obama chose them, since he didn’t choose us!...

This is all about $$$; and, nothing to do about "Freedom", "Democracy"; or, "Human Rights"! We are not dupe! We have to fight for our own coutry and we should not expect or accept anything from any foriegn country!... We must just remember them when time comes!

UN and U.S. Double Standards: Egypt vs. Iran
Claudia Rosett is a journalist in residence with the Foundation for Defense of Democracies.

After an initial United Nations response to the mass uprising in Egypt of … well, not much… Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon has jumped into the fray. On Wednesday and again on Thursday he called for a transition "now." He wants it to be "very peaceful and orderly" but he wants it to be "done now." CBS News reports that in his consultation with assorted political leaders, Ban appears to be "building an international alliance to assist Egypt to do so."

Question: Where was this UN zeal for transition when the people of Iran , braving a regime far more horrific and malign than the dictatorship of Egypt , were bleeding and dying in the streets in June of 2009? When Iran erupted in revolt, Ban faded into the woodwork. As I noted in a column in late June, 2009, "Where’s the UN on Iran?", Ban first told reporters he was "closely following the situation." As the carnage continued, with demonstrators denouncing the rigged presidential reelection of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and Iranian security forces beating and shooting and arresting them, Ban did not question the legitimacy of the regime. On the contrary, by implication, he supported it, saying that he had "taken note of the instruction by the religious leaders that there should be an investigation into this issue."

The weekend that the video went viral on the web of Neda Soltan bleeding to death in the street, Ban was not huddled with international leaders discussing how to bring about immediate regime change in Iran . Ban was in Birmingham , England , accepting an award at a Rotary International Convention.

So why, in Ban Ki-Moon’s books, do mass protests in Egypt require an immediate transition of power, while the demands of mass protests in Iran are to be satisfied with promises by the regime that it will inquire into the reasons for the protests?

One might well ask a similar question about the policies of the Obama administration, which was content during the Iranian uprising to "bear witness," but is now reported to be working flat-out to ensure Egyptian officials kick start a transition. Actually, one could ask a lot of questions. Does China ’s President Hu Jintao represent a regime any less brutal than that of Hosni Mubarak in Egypt ? Yet, just last month, President Obama hosted a state dinner for Hu at the White House. So, is the chief distinction, then, that despots who receive U.S. aid are ripe for removal, but despots who are U.S. creditors are feted by the president?

Complete consistency in these matters is probably beyond the reach of any UN project, and any U.S. foreign policy. But there’s a lot of room here for our current global bigwigs to begin displaying any consistency whatsoever. In tumultuous and dangerous times, it would be awfully good to hear our intrepid leaders spell out, as clearly as they possibly can, exactly what standards really do apply. In countries where votes really count, that might help the voters decide whether the current standards, and the leaders applying them, are — to borrow the lingo of diplomacy — even remotely "acceptable."

http://pajamasmedia.com/claudiarosett/un-and-u-s-double-standards-egypt-vs-iran/
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Slavery is a part of Islam Reply with quote

Ambassador Hakimi Email Post wrote:

"Slavery is a part of Islam"
In the wake of the first U.S. Congressional hearing on "radical Islam," perhaps Representatives Al Green, Shirley Jackson Lee, Keith Ellison and others should read this article and watch these videos. Hearings, "Islamophobia" and the KKK are more dangerous than this - really?

"Slavery is a part of Islam... Slavery is part of jihad, and jihad will remain as long there is Islam... [Those who argue that slavery has been abolished are] ignorant, not scholars. They are merely writers. Whoever says such things is an infidel."

Sheikh Saleh Al-Fawzan, member of Senior Council of Clerics, Saudi Arabia's highest religious body (2003)

"Slavery still exists in a host of majority-Muslim countries (especially Sudan and Mauritania, also Saudi Arabia and Pakistan)...."

Dr. Daniel Pipes, New York Post (July 30, 2002)

"Besides being practiced more or less openly today in Sudan and Mauritania, there is evidence that slavery still continues beneath the surface in some majority-Muslim countries as well - notably Saudi Arabia, which only abolished slavery in 1962, Yemen and Oman, both of which ended legal slavery in 1970, and Niger, which didn't abolish slavery until 2004. In Niger , the ban is widely ignored, and as many as one million people remain in bondage. Slaves are bred, often raped, and generally treated like animals."

Robert Spencer, "The Persistence of Islamic Slavery"

"...the worst, most inhumane and most diabolical institution of the black African slave trade was initiated, refined, perpetrated and implemented by the Mohammedan Arabs and later by aided and abetted by the black converts to Mohammedan Islam."

John Alembillah Alembillah Azumah, Legacy of Arab-Islam in Africa

"Historically, the major juristic schools of Islam traditionally accepted the institution of slavery. The Islamic prophet Muhammad and many of his companions bought, sold, freed and captured slaves. ...The Qur'an includes multiple references to slaves, slave women, slave concubinage, and the freeing of slaves. It accepts the institution of slavery.... Slaves are mentioned in at least twenty-nine verses of the Qur'an... Slavery was also perceived as a means of converting non-Muslims to Islam... According to some jurists - especially among the Shi'a - only Muslim slaves should be liberated... Evidence from slaves is rarely viable in a court of law [since] slaves are regarded as inferior in Islamic law... Slaves are not permitted to possess or inherit property, or conduct independent business, and may conduct financial dealings only as a representative of the master.... Slave women were required mainly as concubines and menials. A Muslim slaveholder was entitled by law to the sexual enjoyment of his slave women.... There is no limit on the number of concubines a master may possess.... There was a high death toll among all classes of slaves. Slaves usually came from remote places and, lacking immunities, died in large numbers.... the Islamic market demand for children was much greater than the American one.... According to multiple sources, religious calls have also been made to capture and enslave Jewish women.... Organized criminal gangs smuggle children into Saudi Arabia where they are enslaved, sometimes mutilated, and forced to work as beggars."

"Islam and slavery"

Slavery has been justified by Mohammed's example, as laid out in the Koran and in the records of the Islamic prophet's words and deeds called the "hadiths."

"A believing slave is better than an idolater..."

Muhammad, Quran 2:221

"...you may marry other women who seem good to you: two, three, or four of them. But if you fear that you cannot maintain equality among them marry one only or any slave-girls you may own."

Muhammad, Quran 4:3

"Blessed are the believers...who restrain their carnal desires (except with their wives and slave-girls, for these are lawful to them...)..."

Muhammad, Quran 23:1

"Prophet, We have made lawful for you the wives to whom you have granted dowries and the slave-girls whom God has given you as booty..."

Quran 33:50

"Mohammed had many male and female slaves. He used to buy and sell them, but he purchased more slaves than he sold, especially after God empowered him by His message, as well as after his immigration from Mecca . He once sold one black slave for two.... His purchases of slaves were more than he sold...."

Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya, Zad al-Ma'ad (1.160)

"So Muhammad began seizing their herds and their property bit by bit. He conquered home by home. The Messenger took some people captive, including Safiyah and her two cousins. The Prophet chose Safiyah for himself."

Tabari VIII 116; Ishaq 511

"We conquered Khaibar, took the captives, and the booty was collected. Dihya came and said, 'O Allah's Prophet! Give me a slave girl from the captives.' The Prophet said, 'Go and take any slave girl.'"

Sahih Bukhari 1:8:367

"...Khaibar is destroyed... Then the inhabitants of Khaibar came out running on the roads. The Prophet had their warriors killed, their offspring and woman taken as captives."

Sahih Bukhari 5:59:512

"The Prophet Muhammad was heard saying: 'The smallest reward for the people of paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives...'"

Commentary by Ibn Kathir on Koranic chapter Al-Rahman (55), verse 72

"A man from the Ansar called Basrah said: I married a virgin woman in her veil. When I entered upon her, I found her pregnant. (I mentioned this to the Prophet). The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: She will get the dower ["morning gift"], for you made her vagina lawful for you. The child will be your slave. When she has begotten (a child), flog her..."

Sunan Abu-Dawud 11:2070

"Muhammad took pains in urging the faithful to free their slaves as a way of expiating their sins. Some Muslim scholars have taken this mean that his true motive was to bring about a gradual elimination of slavery. Far more persuasive is the argument that by lending the moral authority of Islam to slavery, Muhammad assured its legitimacy. Thus, in lightening the fetter, he riveted it ever more firmly in place."

Murray Gordon, Slavery in the Arab World (19)

There are many more such quotes from Islamic texts and authorities that validate the practice of slavery. It is estimated that over the past 1,400 years at least 112 million black Africans were enslaved by Muslim slavers. Hundreds of thousands of white Europeans also ended up in Islamic slave markets, the women being a particular favorite of Arab slavers.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Nowruz Message by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton Reply with quote

Hillary Rodham Clinton wrote:

Nowruz Message by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
Press Statement
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
Washington, DC
March 20, 2011

I join President Obama in sending best wishes for health and prosperity to all those celebrating Nowruz throughout the world, including Americans, Afghans, Kurds, Azeris, Iranians and the people of Central Asia. For thousands of years, Nowruz has been a time for family and friends to gather and celebrate the beginning of a new year. Among the many rich traditions of celebrating Nowruz, the themes of rebirth and the pursuit of happiness are constant and aspirations we all share. As the Iranian poet Hafiz writes, “The breeze of Nowruz is blowing from the Beloved’s quarter; seek solace from this breeze to brighten your heart.”

This year allows us to reflect on recent events in the Middle East. We commend the demonstration of peaceful expressions of human rights and dignity we have seen in much of the region. We join the world community in embracing Nowruz’s opportunities and in striving to uphold its values.

May this new year be filled with a renewed sense of hope and a new commitment to the human rights and fundamental freedoms that are our universal birthright.

Nowruzetoon Pirouz, Haroozetoon Nowruz! Navruz Mubarak!

May your Nowruz be glorious, and may all your days be Nowruz.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: President Obama’s Nowruz Message Reply with quote

President Obama wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuTQGjfKtSA&playnext=1&list=PL168913C4C0778B51

Source: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/03/20/president-obama-s-nowruz-message
Subscribe.The White House Blog
President Obama’s Nowruz Message
Posted by Nikki Sutton on March 20, 2011 at 04:10 PM EDT
President Obama sends an important message to those celebrating the holiday of Nowruz. At a time of great regional change and renewal, the President this year speaks directly to the Iranian people, in particular the Iranian youth. “...you – the young people of Iran – carry within you both the ancient greatness of Persian civilization, and the power to forge a country that is responsive to your aspirations. Your talent, your hopes, and your choices will shape the future of Iran, and help light the world. And though times may seem dark, I want you to know that I am with you,” he says.

Read the President's Message in: Arabic (pdf) | Persian (pdf). You can also watch the video with Arabic subtitles.

May all those who celebrate Nowruz around the world embrace the power of youth, and have a peaceful and prosperous new year.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: We welcome this new Nowruz message by President Obama Reply with quote

We welcome this new Nowruz message by President Obama and happy that he has given up on the idea of reforming the minority Islamist thugs and invaders of Iran who are controlling Oil money …
Despite the fact that FREE Iran community members think president Obama should not have tried to appease Islamists thugs in Iran in past 2 years… The future actions of President Obama will be measured against the following test cases and criteria :

1- Helping Iranian American and Iranian opposition to implement secular democracy,
2- Full support for Human/Women’s Rights in Iran
3- The implementation of a Free and Responsible Society
4- The promulgation of freedom and human rights at global level
5- The intent to gather moral and international support for the rejection of all religiously-based, gender-biased, racially-biased or apartheid, and ideologically extreme governments, realizing that these governments are a main source of creating fearful societies and terrorism in the world.
6- Clear support for Secular Democracy and regime change in Iran.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: The U.S. Policy on Iran Reply with quote

Arash Irandoost, Ph.D. wrote:
Source:
http://www.rightsidenews.com/2011032513118/world/geopolitics/the-us-policy-on-iran.html

The U.S. Policy on Iran
Cautious Optimism or Obsessive Insanity?

By Arash Irandoost, Ph.D.

On the occasion of the Persian New Year (Norouz), President Obama extended his best wishes, this time, directly to the Iranian people, rather than the brutal dictatorship. This was a welcome departure compared to his former Norouz message. Is president Obama gradually warming up to the idea of supporting regime change? His message was much harsher toward the regime. He stated:

For nearly two years, there has been a campaign of intimidation and abuse. Young and old; men and women; rich and poor– the Iranian people have been persecuted. Hundreds of prisoners of conscience are in jail. The innocent have gone missing. Journalists have been silenced. Women tortured. Children sentenced to death.

President Obama went on to say that the “regime cares more about its own power than respecting the rights of the Iranian people… Regime’s actions demonstrated fear rather than strength.” Mr. Obama stopped short of highlighting IRI’s long history crimes, support for terrorism and abhorrent prison rapes that took place by the basij militia and Hamas thugs as affirmed by Mehdi Karrubi, a former presidential candidate.

President Obama angered many Iranians during his last year’s message when he extended his hand to the terrorist regime. It was seen by many Iranians as turning his back on Iranian pro-democracy demonstrators, his lack of familiarity with Iran and legitimizing a regime which second to China is most violator of human rights.

Iranians are cautiously optimistic about president Obama’s change of direction and message of hope. The occasion is historic and momentous, especially considering Libya , Bahrain , Syria and other looming crises in the Middle East . For the past 30 plus years, U.S. policymakers have shown little interest in acknowledging the opposition and acknowledging regime’s brutalities against its citizens. They have taken the dialogue and diplomacy approach in vain hoping to alter ayatollahs’ behavior. It just may suggest that, finally, the White House has begun to realize that the dialogue and diplomacy have been abysmal failure and a new policy must be adopted.

For a very long time the United Nations and the United States have appeased dictators and only provided lip service to pro-democracy movements. Their duplicity has been a source of skepticism and distrust among various opposition groups throughout the Middle East costing the UN and the U.S. dearly.

Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. For too long various U.S. administrations have used dialogue and diplomacy, to no avail, starting with the administration of President Jimmy Carter who did everything possible to assure the new regime of American friendship and failed miserably. The more the U.S. government has tried to engage the Iranian regime, the more suspicious and hardened Iran 's leaders have become. The United States cannot obsessively pursue the diplomatic path with Iran , it simply has not worked.

The United States’ misguided Iran policy can in part be blamed on Iran’s foreign agents of disinformation, regime apologists and lobbyists who operate many front religious and Iranian cultural centers, work at institutions of higher education and run not for profits organizations that have been allowed to freely roam the halls of Congress, doing regime’s bidding and providing inaccurate and biased advice on Iran.

Regime apologists’ propaganda manifests itself in various forms, depending on the political climate but their basic fallacious premise remains the same (dialogue, diplomacy, easing of sanctions, and portraying Iran’s nuclear program for peaceful civilian use), which has continued to guide the US Policy toward Iran.

These apologists, many with known affiliations with the Islamic republic, have intentionally portrayed the Islamic republic as pragmatic and a rational entity. They have suggested dialogue and diplomacy as the best course in dealing with Iran . They falsely claim, sanctions are not effective and hurt the ordinary people. Recently, primarily due to Mousavi and Karrubi’s arrests, these apologists are attempting to shift the focus from Iran ’s weapon’s program to “Johnny-come-lately” human rights issues. They have falsely blamed Iran ’s blatant human rights violations on U.S. pressure and have claimed that recognition of the IRI would improve the human rights situation in Iran .

There are a variety of other reasons as to why dialogue and diplomacy are not the best course in dealing with Iran . For one thing, the regime leaders consider animosity to the “Great Satan” as a hallmark of their policy, a source of pride, a badge of honor and an expression of loyalty by regime’s top echelon. Also, the regime’s leadership has normally dealt a heavy blow to those who have entertained the idea of dialogue and diplomacy with the United States with regime insiders. Any Islamic government’s official who might even give a slight hint of dialogue and diplomacy will be ostracized and considered by the regime hardliners, as a traitor and conspirator. Furthermore, Khamenei, as accurately cited by the Rand Corporation is very suspicious of the United States .

Arguably, repetitive attempts and persistence at appeasement, dialogue and diplomacy have had the opposite effect. The regime has masterfully exploited the West’s zeal to pursue a diplomatic course with it to aggrandize itself among the ordinary Iranians. Western’s attempts at diplomacy have emboldened the regime to continue its reign of terror. The regime has provided weaponry to Iraqi insurgents, Hamas, Hezbollah and Al-Qaeda to do its covert war with the United States . It has used dialogue and diplomacy as a delaying tactic to achieve its extremist and expansionist ideology hoping to develop its weapon’s program and make life even more miserable for the “Great Satan.”

There was a slight overture to regime officials by Mr. Obama as well. But President Obama cannot have it both ways. He needs to make a decision. As demonstrators demanded of him and he let them down once during June 2009 uprising and his thundering silence on Neda’s death, he can not afford to continually let them down. By leaving the diplomacy door still open, the West will continue its haphazard and failed policies. The sooner, Mr. Obama gets out of dialogue and diplomacy mindset, the more seriously he and his message will resonate with ordinary Iranians.

Also, President Obama is ill-advised to connect Iran ’s historic past and prominence with the present Islamic regime. The level of atrocities committed by the Arab invaders of Iran is very fresh and a source of great resentment amongst the Iranians even after 1400 years. What is more, Islamic republic itself is only 3 decades old with little historical legitimacy. Inevitably, it has waged an ideological and religious war on Persian culture and nationalism. It has repeatedly attempted to marginalize Persian holidays in favor of those that extol Shi'a Islam to denigrate Persian nationalism and identity.

Another fallacy propagated by the IRI apologists is that sanctions are not effective and hurt ordinary Iranians. Just the opposite, sanctions are very effective, if they were not, mullahs, lobbyists and IRI apologists would not bellyache about them. Regime derives approximately 80% of its revenues from oil and gas proceeds, an oil embargo will severely curtail Islamic republic’s ability to support its reign of terror. Iranians have suffered greatly under the Islamic dictatorship for three decades. They are already hurting. Most of the companies that want the easing of sanctions are the very companies eager to sell, military, oil and gas, nuclear, sensitive technologies, chemically altered teargas, electric batons and telecommunications devices to the regime, the very tools that the regime uses to brutally crackdown on pro-democracy demonstrators and hurt the ordinary Iranians.

There are indeed lessons for the West. Most Iranians, identify themselves very much with their civilization and historical past, while the regime sees invasion of Iran by Arab invaders as the beginning of their conflicted legacy. Mention of Iran ’s glorious civilization and past history by President Obama to Islamic government leaders, who detest Persian culture and civilization, and to Iranians, who abhor this regime, in the same sentence is much like adding salt to injury. President Obama does indeed have an opportunity to purge the White House of the intellectually dishonest agents of disinformation and side with the Iranian opposition. With Iran as a formidable and friendly ally of the United States in the Middle East , both countries can have a mutually beneficial relationship for years to come.

Dr. Arash Irandoost (pen name), founder of pro-democracy Movement of Iran (PDMI) is a human rights and pro-democracy activist who advocates Regime Change in Iran . He has been published in numerous magazines around the world as well as hundreds of Internet magazines, websites and blogs. He is also a researcher and literary translator and has been a strong voice for the struggling people of Iran . He blogs at http://hakemiat-e-mardom.blogspot.com/.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://hakemiat-e-mardom.blogspot.com/
Islamic government cannot be reformed, regime change is the only option for Iran !
Support our cause! Help us expose IRI lobby!
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: President Obama Key points Reply with quote

President Obama's Middle East speech (full text)
Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20064356-503544.html

Quote:
President Obama Key points

"the Iranian people deserve their universal rights, and a government that does not smother their aspirations" == Regime Change in Iran + Secular Democracy + Human Rights + Women Rights

President Obama wrote:

So far, Syria has followed its Iranian ally, seeking assistance from Tehran in the tactics of suppression. And this speaks to the hypocrisy of the Iranian regime, which says it stand for the rights of protesters abroad, yet represses its own people at home. Let's remember that the first peaceful protests in the region were in the streets of Tehran, where the government brutalized women and men, and threw innocent people into jail. We still hear the chants echo from the rooftops of Tehran. The image of a young woman dying in the streets is still seared in our memory. And we will continue to insist that the Iranian people deserve their universal rights, and a government that does not smother their aspirations.
Now, our opposition to Iran's intolerance and Iran's repressive measures, as well as its illicit nuclear program and its support of terror, is well known. But if America is to be credible, we must acknowledge that at times our friends in the region have not all reacted to the demands for consistent change -- with change that's consistent with the principles that I've outlined today. That's true in Yemen, where President Saleh needs to follow through on his commitment to transfer power. And that's true today in Bahrain.

Bahrain is a longstanding partner, and we are committed to its security. We recognize that Iran has tried to take advantage of the turmoil there, and that the Bahraini government has a legitimate interest in the rule of law.

Fourth, the United States will launch a comprehensive Trade and Investment Partnership Initiative in the Middle East and North Africa. If you take out oil exports, this entire region of over 400 million people exports roughly the same amount as Switzerland.
He said the boundaries of Israel and a Palestinian state should be based on pre-1967 borders with agreed swapsHe told Syria's president to lead transition in the country or "get out of the way"He said the US has both an historic opportunity and responsibility to support those seeking freedomsHe said the future of the US and the Middle East were bound together by economics, security, history and faithHe said the US will continue to insist
He said mass arrests and brute force in Bahrain are at odds with the universal rights of Bahrain's citizens

Quote:
The United States opposes the use of violence and repression against the people of the region. (Applause.)

The United States supports a set of universal rights. And these rights include free speech, the freedom of peaceful assembly, the freedom of religion, equality for men and women under the rule of law, and the right to choose your own leaders -- whether you live in Baghdad or Damascus, Sanaa or Tehran.
Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20064356-503544.html#ixzz1MtwrJvWh

President Obama's Middle East speech (full text)
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20064356-503544.html

What is true for religious minorities is also true when it comes to the rights of women. History shows that countries are more prosperous and more peaceful when women are empowered. And that's why we will continue to insist that universal rights apply to women as well as men -- by focusing assistance on child and maternal health; by helping women to teach, or start a business; by standing up for the right of women to have their voices heard, and to run for office. The region will never reach its full potential when more than half of its population is prevented from achieving their full potential. (Applause.)
Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20064356-503544.html#ixzz1MtyT33z8
blank

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, President Obama, in this speech, is backing the terrorist Palestinians, and asking Israel to change their borders to 1967 borders. This is the first anti-Israel president that U.S. has ever had.
Right now Palestine is an arm of iri, with Hamas, & Hezbolah. iri sends the blood money of Iranians to Palestine.....
Barak Hussain Obama should never ever be trusted, when Iranians rised in 2009, he kept his mouth shut and did not support Iranians because of his attempt of negotiations with the Taazi regime. After so many criticized him, he finally had to say few words half heartedly in support of demonstrators.... his foreign policy has been a disaster to the people of Iran.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: