[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Name Is Iran: A Memoir By Iran Davar Ardalan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: My Name Is Iran: A Memoir By Iran Davar Ardalan Reply with quote

Click Here to Order This Book From Amazon: My Name Is Iran: A Memoir

Source Url: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6743192[/quote]

My Name is Iran: Helen's Mountain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE5_7B2V1z8

Davar Iran Ardalan wrote:

Click Here to Order This Book From Amazon: My Name Is Iran: A Memoir

While in Boston, Davar Ardalan dabbled in modeling, posing here like Brooke Shields in her famous Calvin Klein ad, 1982.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6743192

· Author Iran Davar Ardalan, a producer for Morning Edition, first began telling her story about Iran in a series that aired on the radio program three years ago.

Her new memoir, My Name Is Iran, tells the story of three generations of Iranian-American women, who move back and forth between the countries and the cultures.

When Ardalan was just an infant, her family traveled to Iran, where she lived for years. She dropped the name "Iran" after the 1979 Iranian Revolution brought her back to America.

By the age of 18, Ardalan had returned to Iran to embrace the revolution, and an arranged marriage. She became a news anchor, reading content that reflected the sentiment in Iran at the time: anti-West, anti-America, anti-Israel.

Eventually, she became disillusioned and felt that the Islamic revolution was superficial and hypocritical.

"Right now," she says, "I feel more American. That is because I feel Iran is still in turmoil. It's been in the West where I have been able to step back and find myself, but I am finally proud to say my name is Iran."

Last edited by cyrus on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Video Speech By Iran Davar Ardalan: Minnesota Channel - Mode Reply with quote

Quote:

Video Speech By Iran Davar Ardalan: Minnesota Channel - Modern Justice / Past Practice
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Ancient Legends, Mystic Charms, and Superstitions of Ireland Reply with quote

So, IRan means the land of IR. IR as the original Aryans referred to themselves meant nobels in old Persian language. So, Iran was the land Aryans. IREland has the same meaning.

Came across this book from early 1800s about ancient legends of Ireland which was interesting. The introduction goes into detail about the Iranian heritage of the Irish people.The examples that she gives from the Gaelak language spoken by the Caspian sea tribes of Iran and Gaeilge language of Ireland are interesting.

Here to Order This Book From Amazon: Ancient Legends, Mystic Charms, and Superstitions of Ireland
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: