[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Protest Antarinejad's US trip & party on Sept 23rd!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Newt Gingrich's Take on Ahmadinejad Reply with quote

Columbia University invitation is turned into a World Best Mock Trial Tribune Against Ahmadinejad and the Mullah's Regime For Crimes Against Humanity … President Lee Bollinger was the biggest winner and Ahmadinejad biggest loser ....

1- Must Watch CNN Clip Of Columbia University President Hammers Ahmadinejad As 'petty, cruel dictator' - This Is An Indictment Of Terror Master -10 Minustes

Quote:
Newt Gingrich's Take on Ahmadinejad

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-09-24-Ahmadinejad_N.htm?csp=34

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad faced a hostile reception here Monday from thousands of demonstrators and the president of Columbia University, who called him "a petty and cruel dictator."
In an extraordinarily blunt exchange with a man the Bush administration accuses of sponsoring terror, Columbia president Lee Bollinger introduced Ahmadinejad to a packed lecture hall by criticizing his policy toward Israel and his refusal to believe widely accepted historical accounts of the Holocaust.

"When you come to a place like this, it makes you, quite simply, ridiculous," Bollinger said. "You are either brazenly provocative or astonishingly uneducated."

Last edited by cyrus on Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:18 pm; edited 8 times in total
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: US House votes to tighten Iran nuclear sanctions Reply with quote

AFP wrote:
US House votes to tighten Iran nuclear sanctions
AFP via Yahoo! News Tue, 25 Sep 2007 9:30 AM PDT
The US House of Representatives on Tuesday overwhelming passed legislation calling for Iran 's Revolutionary Guard to be designated a terrorist organization and tightening sanctions on Tehran .
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070925/pl_afp/usiranpoliticscongress_070925163036

cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: No Gay in Iran, he is right, they are Killing them Reply with quote

No Gay in Iran, he is right, they are Killing them By Ms. Ghazal Omid

http://activistchat.com/GhazalOmidOttawaCitizen2.pdf

Must Watch Video Free Iranian Women

Last edited by cyrus on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

شاهزاده رضا پهلوی Prince Reza Pahlavi VOA Interview

http://www.voanews.com/wm/voa/nenaf/pers/pers1730vbMON.asx
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems you got that mock trial after all....and no one was more surprised than the indited....well, except perhaps those that thought this was going to be about appeasement, or some such nonsense....

The Iranian people have a lot of friends in their corner. What seemed impossible in 2005 is taking place on the international stage today, and as one who has witnessed and helped contribute to the changed circumstance, I must simply say that nothing worthy of human effort happens instantaneously....including changed mindsets.

It has required a pattern of behavior of the regime to become exposed to certain realization of their intent on the part of the international community.

Then it required a consensus of nations and a diplomatic framework to confront it.

All of which took time, and stretched the patience of those seeking results, including myself.

We are now at that inflection point you so often speak of, ....actually past it , but to say which final straw was the one that broke the mullah's back will be a matter for historians, as that chapter is in process of being written now.

Savor the moment Cyrus, you and all the Iranian opposition groups have earned it.

EJ

------------

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

President Lee C. Bollinger's Introductory Remarks at SIPA-World Leaders Forum with President of Iran

September 25, 2007
Columbia University
Columbia News

I would like to begin by thanking Dean John Coatsworth and Professor Richard Bulliet for their work in organizing this event and for their commitment to the role of the School of International and Public Affairs and its role in training future leaders in world affairs. If today proves anything it will be that there is an enormous amount of work ahead for all of us. This is just one of many events on Iran that will run throughout this academic year, all to help us better understand this critical and complex nation in today’s geopolitics.

Before speaking directly to the current President of Iran, I have a few critically important points to emphasize.

First, since 2003, the World Leaders Forum has advanced Columbia’s longstanding tradition of serving as a major forum for robust debate, especially on global issues. It should never be thought that merely to listen to ideas we deplore in any way implies our endorsement of those ideas, or the weakness of our resolve to resist those ideas or our naiveté about the very real dangers inherent in such ideas. It is a critical premise of freedom of speech that we do not honor the dishonorable when we open the public forum to their voices. To hold otherwise would make vigorous debate impossible.

Second, to those who believe that this event never should have happened, that it is inappropriate for the University to conduct such an event, I want to say that I understand your perspective and respect it as reasonable. The scope of free speech and academic freedom should itself always be open to further debate. As one of the more famous quotations about free speech goes, it is “an experiment, as all life is an experiment.” I want to say, however, as forcefully as I can, that this is the right thing to do and, indeed, it is required by existing norms of free speech, the American university, and Columbia itself.

Third, to those among us who experience hurt and pain as a result of this day, I say on behalf of all of us we are sorry and wish to do what we can to alleviate it.

Fourth, to be clear on another matter - this event has nothing whatsoever to do with any “rights” of the speaker but only with our rights to listen and speak. We do it for ourselves.

We do it in the great tradition of openness that has defined this nation for many decades now. We need to understand the world we live in, neither neglecting its glories nor shrinking from its threats and dangers. It is consistent with the idea that one should know thine enemies, to have the intellectual and emotional courage to confront the mind of evil and to prepare ourselves to act with the right temperament. In the moment, the arguments for free speech will never seem to match the power of the arguments against, but what we must remember is that this is precisely because free speech asks us to exercise extraordinary self- restraint against the very natural but often counter-productive impulses that lead us to retreat from engagement with ideas we dislike and fear. In this lies the genius of the American idea of free speech.

Lastly, in universities, we have a deep and almost single-minded commitment to pursue the truth. We do not have access to the levers of power. We cannot make war or peace. We can only make minds. And to do this we must have the most full freedom of inquiry.
Let me now turn to Mr. Ahmadinejad.

THE BRUTAL CRACKDOWN ON SCHOLARS, JOURNALISTS AND HUMAN RIGHTS ADVOCATES

Over the last two weeks, your government has released Dr. Haleh Esfandiari and Parnaz Axima; and just two days ago Kian Tajbakhsh, a graduate of Columbia with a PhD in urban planning. While our community is relieved to learn of his release on bail, Dr. Tajbakhsh remains in Teheran, under house arrest, and he still does not know whether he will be charged with a crime or allowed to leave the country. Let me say this for the record, I call on the President today to ensure that Kian Tajbaksh will be free to travel out of Iran as he wishes. Let me also report today that we are extending an offer to Dr. Tajbaksh to join our faculty as a visiting professor in urban planning here at his Alma Mater, in our Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation. And we hope he will be able to join us next semester.

The arrest and imprisonment of these Iranian Americans for no good reason is not only unjustified, it runs completely counter to the very values that allow today’s speaker to even appear on this campus.

But at least they are alive.

According to Amnesty International, 210 people have been executed in Iran so far this year – 21 of them on the morning of September 5th alone. This annual total includes at least two children – further proof, as Human Rights Watch puts it, that Iran leads the world in executing minors.

There is more.

Iran hanged up to 30 people this past July and August during a widely reported suppression of efforts to establish a more open, democratic society in Iran. Many of these executions were carried out in public view, a violation of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, to which Iran is a party.

These executions and others have coincided with a wider crackdown on student activists and academics accused of trying to foment a so-called “soft revolution”. This has included jailing and forced retirements of scholars. As Dr. Esfandiari said in a broadcast interview since her release, she was held in solitary confinement for 105 days because the government “believes that the United States . . . is planning a Velvet Revolution” in Iran.

In this very room last year we learned something about Velvet Revolutions from Vaclav Havel. And we will likely hear the same from our World Leaders Forum speaker this evening – President Michelle Bachelet Jeria of Chile. Both of their extraordinary stories remind us that there are not enough prisons to prevent an entire society that wants its freedom from achieving it.

We at this university have not been shy to protest and challenge the failures of our own government to live by these values; and we won’t be shy in criticizing yours.

Let’s, then, be clear at the beginning, Mr. President you exhibit all the signs of a petty and cruel dictator.

And so I ask you:

Why have women, members of the Baha’i faith, homosexuals and so many of our academic colleagues become targets of persecution in your country?

Why in a letter last week to the Secretary General of the UN did Akbar Gangi, Iran’s leading political dissident, and over 300 public intellectuals, writers and Nobel Laureates express such grave concern that your inflamed dispute with the West is distracting the world’s attention from the intolerable conditions your regime has created within Iran? In particular, the use of the Press Law to ban writers for criticizing the ruling system.

Why are you so afraid of Iranian citizens expressing their opinions for change?

In our country, you are interviewed by our press and asked that you to speak here today. And while my colleague at the Law School Michael Dorf spoke to Radio Free Europe [sic, Voice of America] viewers in Iran a short while ago on the tenets of freedom of speech in this country, I propose going further than that. Let me lead a delegation of students and faculty from Columbia to address your university about free speech, with the same freedom we afford you today? Will you do that?

THE DENIAL OF THE HOLOCAUST

In a December 2005 state television broadcast, you described the Holocaust as a “fabricated” “legend.” One year later, you held a two-day conference of Holocaust deniers.

For the illiterate and ignorant, this is dangerous propaganda. When you come to a place like this, this makes you, quite simply, ridiculous. You are either brazenly provocative or astonishingly uneducated.

You should know that Columbia is a world center of Jewish studies and now, in partnership with the YIVO Institute, of Holocaust studies. Since the 1930s, we’ve provided an intellectual home for countless Holocaust refugees and survivors and their children and grandchildren. The truth is that the Holocaust is the most documented event in human history. Because of this, and for many other reasons, your absurd comments about the “debate” over the Holocaust both defy historical truth and make all of us who continue to fear humanity’s capacity for evil shudder at this closure of memory, which is always virtue’s first line of defense.

Will you cease this outrage?

THE DESTRUCTION OF ISRAEL

Twelve days ago, you said that the state of Israel “cannot continue its life.” This echoed a number of inflammatory statements you have delivered in the last two years, including in October 2005 when you said that Israel should be “wiped off the map.”

Columbia has over 800 alumni currently living in Israel. As an institution we have deep ties with our colleagues there. I personally have spoken out in the most forceful terms against proposals to boycott Israeli scholars and universities, saying that such boycotts might as well include Columbia. More than 400 college and university presidents in this country have joined in that statement. My question, then, is: Do you plan on wiping us off the map, too?

FUNDING TERRORISM

According to reports by the Council on Foreign Relations, it’s well documented that Iran is a state sponsor of terror that funds such violent group as the Lebanese Hezbollah, which Iran helped organize in the 1980s, the Palestinian Hamas, and Palestinian Islamic Jihad.

While your predecessor government was instrumental in providing the US with intelligence and base support in its 2001 campaign against the Taliban in Afghanistan, your government is now undermining American troops in Iraq by funding, arming, and providing safe transit to insurgent leaders like Muqtada al-Sadr and his forces.

There are a number of reports that also link your government with Syria’s efforts to destabalize the fledgling Lebanese government through violence and political assassination.

My question is this: Why do you support well-documented terrorist organizations that continue to strike at peace and democracy in the Middle East, destroying lives and civil society in the region?

PROXY WAR AGAINST U.S. TROOPS IN IRAQ

In a briefing before the National Press Club earlier this month, General David Petraeus reported that arms supplies from Iran, including 240mm rockets and explosively formed projectiles, are contributing to “a sophistication of attacks that would by no means be possible without Iranian support.”

A number of Columbia graduates and current students are among the brave members of our military who are serving or have served in Iraq and Afghanistan. They, like other Americans with sons, daughters, fathers, husbands and wives serving in combat, rightly see your government as the enemy.

Can you tell them and us why Iran is fighting a proxy war in Iraq by arming Shi’a militia targeting and killing U.S. troops?

FINALLY, IRAN’S NUCLEAR PROGRAM AND INTERNATIONAL SANCTIONS

This week the United Nations Security Council is contemplating expanding sanctions for a third time because of your government’s refusal to suspend its uranium-enrichment program. You continue to defy this world body by claiming a right to develop peaceful nuclear power, but this hardly withstands scrutiny when you continue to issue military threats to neighbors. Last week, French President Sarkozy made clear his lost patience with your stall tactics; and even Russia and China have shown concern.

Why does your country continue to refuse to adhere to international standards for nuclear weapons verification in defiance of agreements that you have made with the UN nuclear agency? And why have you chosen to make the people of your country vulnerable to the effects of international economic sanctions and threaten to engulf the world with nuclear annihilation?

Let me close with this comment. Frankly, and in all candor, Mr. President, I doubt that you will have the intellectual courage to answer these questions. But your avoiding them will in itself be meaningful to us. I do expect you to exhibit the fanatical mindset that characterizes so much of what you say and do. Fortunately, I am told by experts on your country, that this only further undermines your position in Iran with all the many good-hearted, intelligent citizens there. A year ago, I am reliably told, your preposterous and belligerent statements in this country (as in your meeting at the Council on Foreign Relations) so embarrassed sensible Iranian citizens that this led to your party’s defeat in the December mayoral elections. May this do that and more.

I am only a professor, who is also a university president, and today I feel all the weight of the modern civilized world yearning to express the revulsion at what you stand for. I only wish I could do better.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Columbia University invitation is turned into a Mock Trial Reply with quote

Oppenheimer wrote:
Well, it seems you got that mock trial after all....and no one was more surprised than the indited....

Yes Columbia University invitation is turned into a World first class Mock Trial Tribune Against Ahmadinejad and the Mullah's Regime For Crimes Against Humanity … President Lee Bollinger was the biggest winner and Ahmadinejad was the biggest looser, fool and idiot ....

Please be aware Islamists appeasers and Ahmadinejad who were biggest losers of Columbia embarrassment were warned in advance by President Lee Bollinger team.

President Lee Bollinger : Ahmadinejad Knew Harsh Intro Was Coming
http://www.wnbc.com/news/14212377/detail.html?rss=ny&psp=news

Quote:
well, except perhaps those that thought this was going to be about appeasement, or some such nonsense....

Public expectations was another dirty Harvard Khatami appeasement against Iranian people ...

Oppenheimer wrote:

The Iranian people have a lot of friends in their corner. What seemed impossible in 2005 is taking place on the international stage today, and as one who has witnessed and helped contribute to the changed circumstance, I must simply say that nothing worthy of human effort happens instantaneously....including changed mindsets.

It has required a pattern of behavior of the regime to become exposed to certain realization of their intent on the part of the international community.

Then it required a consensus of nations and a diplomatic framework to confront it.

All of which took time, and stretched the patience of those seeking results, including myself.

We are now at that inflection point you so often speak of, ....actually past it , but to say which final straw was the one that broke the mullah's back will be a matter for historians, as that chapter is in process of being written now.

Savor the moment Cyrus, you and all the Iranian opposition groups have earned it.

EJ ....

Now that Ahmadinejad is allowed to make a speech in UN and he has not been Indicted for past crimes against humanity because of diplomatic immunities then the UN, Security Council and G8 governments are becoming bigger losers than Ahmadinejad with very bad consequences for freedom.
President Lee Bollinger will be very popular person in Iran when majority of Iranian people hear the complete translation of his speech. The only true winner is President Lee Bollinger and Columbia University.

President Lee C. Bollinger wrote:

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

President Lee C. Bollinger's Introductory Remarks at SIPA-World Leaders Forum with President of Iran

September 25, 2007
Columbia University
Columbia News

I would like to begin by thanking Dean John Coatsworth and Professor Richard Bulliet for their work in organizing this event and for their commitment to the role of the School of International and Public Affairs and its role in training future leaders in world affairs. If today proves anything it will be that there is an enormous amount of work ahead for all of us. This is just one of many events on Iran that will run throughout this academic year, all to help us better understand this critical and complex nation in today’s geopolitics.

Before speaking directly to the current President of Iran, I have a few critically important points to emphasize.

First, since 2003, the World Leaders Forum has advanced Columbia’s longstanding tradition of serving as a major forum for robust debate, especially on global issues. It should never be thought that merely to listen to ideas we deplore in any way implies our endorsement of those ideas, or the weakness of our resolve to resist those ideas or our naiveté about the very real dangers inherent in such ideas. It is a critical premise of freedom of speech that we do not honor the dishonorable when we open the public forum to their voices. To hold otherwise would make vigorous debate impossible.

Second, to those who believe that this event never should have happened, that it is inappropriate for the University to conduct such an event, I want to say that I understand your perspective and respect it as reasonable. The scope of free speech and academic freedom should itself always be open to further debate. As one of the more famous quotations about free speech goes, it is “an experiment, as all life is an experiment.” I want to say, however, as forcefully as I can, that this is the right thing to do and, indeed, it is required by existing norms of free speech, the American university, and Columbia itself.

Third, to those among us who experience hurt and pain as a result of this day, I say on behalf of all of us we are sorry and wish to do what we can to alleviate it.

Fourth, to be clear on another matter - this event has nothing whatsoever to do with any “rights” of the speaker but only with our rights to listen and speak. We do it for ourselves.

We do it in the great tradition of openness that has defined this nation for many decades now. We need to understand the world we live in, neither neglecting its glories nor shrinking from its threats and dangers. It is consistent with the idea that one should know thine enemies, to have the intellectual and emotional courage to confront the mind of evil and to prepare ourselves to act with the right temperament. In the moment, the arguments for free speech will never seem to match the power of the arguments against, but what we must remember is that this is precisely because free speech asks us to exercise extraordinary self- restraint against the very natural but often counter-productive impulses that lead us to retreat from engagement with ideas we dislike and fear. In this lies the genius of the American idea of free speech.

Lastly, in universities, we have a deep and almost single-minded commitment to pursue the truth. We do not have access to the levers of power. We cannot make war or peace. We can only make minds. And to do this we must have the most full freedom of inquiry.
Let me now turn to Mr. Ahmadinejad.

THE BRUTAL CRACKDOWN ON SCHOLARS, JOURNALISTS AND HUMAN RIGHTS ADVOCATES

Over the last two weeks, your government has released Dr. Haleh Esfandiari and Parnaz Axima; and just two days ago Kian Tajbakhsh, a graduate of Columbia with a PhD in urban planning. While our community is relieved to learn of his release on bail, Dr. Tajbakhsh remains in Teheran, under house arrest, and he still does not know whether he will be charged with a crime or allowed to leave the country. Let me say this for the record, I call on the President today to ensure that Kian Tajbaksh will be free to travel out of Iran as he wishes. Let me also report today that we are extending an offer to Dr. Tajbaksh to join our faculty as a visiting professor in urban planning here at his Alma Mater, in our Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation. And we hope he will be able to join us next semester.

The arrest and imprisonment of these Iranian Americans for no good reason is not only unjustified, it runs completely counter to the very values that allow today’s speaker to even appear on this campus.

But at least they are alive.

According to Amnesty International, 210 people have been executed in Iran so far this year – 21 of them on the morning of September 5th alone. This annual total includes at least two children – further proof, as Human Rights Watch puts it, that Iran leads the world in executing minors.

There is more.

Iran hanged up to 30 people this past July and August during a widely reported suppression of efforts to establish a more open, democratic society in Iran. Many of these executions were carried out in public view, a violation of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, to which Iran is a party.

These executions and others have coincided with a wider crackdown on student activists and academics accused of trying to foment a so-called “soft revolution”. This has included jailing and forced retirements of scholars. As Dr. Esfandiari said in a broadcast interview since her release, she was held in solitary confinement for 105 days because the government “believes that the United States . . . is planning a Velvet Revolution” in Iran.

In this very room last year we learned something about Velvet Revolutions from Vaclav Havel. And we will likely hear the same from our World Leaders Forum speaker this evening – President Michelle Bachelet Jeria of Chile. Both of their extraordinary stories remind us that there are not enough prisons to prevent an entire society that wants its freedom from achieving it.

We at this university have not been shy to protest and challenge the failures of our own government to live by these values; and we won’t be shy in criticizing yours.

Let’s, then, be clear at the beginning, Mr. President you exhibit all the signs of a petty and cruel dictator.

And so I ask you:

Why have women, members of the Baha’i faith, homosexuals and so many of our academic colleagues become targets of persecution in your country?

Why in a letter last week to the Secretary General of the UN did Akbar Gangi, Iran’s leading political dissident, and over 300 public intellectuals, writers and Nobel Laureates express such grave concern that your inflamed dispute with the West is distracting the world’s attention from the intolerable conditions your regime has created within Iran? In particular, the use of the Press Law to ban writers for criticizing the ruling system.

Why are you so afraid of Iranian citizens expressing their opinions for change?

In our country, you are interviewed by our press and asked that you to speak here today. And while my colleague at the Law School Michael Dorf spoke to Radio Free Europe [sic, Voice of America] viewers in Iran a short while ago on the tenets of freedom of speech in this country, I propose going further than that. Let me lead a delegation of students and faculty from Columbia to address your university about free speech, with the same freedom we afford you today? Will you do that?

THE DENIAL OF THE HOLOCAUST

In a December 2005 state television broadcast, you described the Holocaust as a “fabricated” “legend.” One year later, you held a two-day conference of Holocaust deniers.

For the illiterate and ignorant, this is dangerous propaganda. When you come to a place like this, this makes you, quite simply, ridiculous. You are either brazenly provocative or astonishingly uneducated.

You should know that Columbia is a world center of Jewish studies and now, in partnership with the YIVO Institute, of Holocaust studies. Since the 1930s, we’ve provided an intellectual home for countless Holocaust refugees and survivors and their children and grandchildren. The truth is that the Holocaust is the most documented event in human history. Because of this, and for many other reasons, your absurd comments about the “debate” over the Holocaust both defy historical truth and make all of us who continue to fear humanity’s capacity for evil shudder at this closure of memory, which is always virtue’s first line of defense.

Will you cease this outrage?

THE DESTRUCTION OF ISRAEL

Twelve days ago, you said that the state of Israel “cannot continue its life.” This echoed a number of inflammatory statements you have delivered in the last two years, including in October 2005 when you said that Israel should be “wiped off the map.”

Columbia has over 800 alumni currently living in Israel. As an institution we have deep ties with our colleagues there. I personally have spoken out in the most forceful terms against proposals to boycott Israeli scholars and universities, saying that such boycotts might as well include Columbia. More than 400 college and university presidents in this country have joined in that statement. My question, then, is: Do you plan on wiping us off the map, too?

FUNDING TERRORISM

According to reports by the Council on Foreign Relations, it’s well documented that Iran is a state sponsor of terror that funds such violent group as the Lebanese Hezbollah, which Iran helped organize in the 1980s, the Palestinian Hamas, and Palestinian Islamic Jihad.

While your predecessor government was instrumental in providing the US with intelligence and base support in its 2001 campaign against the Taliban in Afghanistan, your government is now undermining American troops in Iraq by funding, arming, and providing safe transit to insurgent leaders like Muqtada al-Sadr and his forces.

There are a number of reports that also link your government with Syria’s efforts to destabalize the fledgling Lebanese government through violence and political assassination.

My question is this: Why do you support well-documented terrorist organizations that continue to strike at peace and democracy in the Middle East, destroying lives and civil society in the region?

PROXY WAR AGAINST U.S. TROOPS IN IRAQ

In a briefing before the National Press Club earlier this month, General David Petraeus reported that arms supplies from Iran, including 240mm rockets and explosively formed projectiles, are contributing to “a sophistication of attacks that would by no means be possible without Iranian support.”

A number of Columbia graduates and current students are among the brave members of our military who are serving or have served in Iraq and Afghanistan. They, like other Americans with sons, daughters, fathers, husbands and wives serving in combat, rightly see your government as the enemy.

Can you tell them and us why Iran is fighting a proxy war in Iraq by arming Shi’a militia targeting and killing U.S. troops?

FINALLY, IRAN’S NUCLEAR PROGRAM AND INTERNATIONAL SANCTIONS

This week the United Nations Security Council is contemplating expanding sanctions for a third time because of your government’s refusal to suspend its uranium-enrichment program. You continue to defy this world body by claiming a right to develop peaceful nuclear power, but this hardly withstands scrutiny when you continue to issue military threats to neighbors. Last week, French President Sarkozy made clear his lost patience with your stall tactics; and even Russia and China have shown concern.

Why does your country continue to refuse to adhere to international standards for nuclear weapons verification in defiance of agreements that you have made with the UN nuclear agency? And why have you chosen to make the people of your country vulnerable to the effects of international economic sanctions and threaten to engulf the world with nuclear annihilation?

Let me close with this comment. Frankly, and in all candor, Mr. President, I doubt that you will have the intellectual courage to answer these questions. But your avoiding them will in itself be meaningful to us. I do expect you to exhibit the fanatical mindset that characterizes so much of what you say and do. Fortunately, I am told by experts on your country, that this only further undermines your position in Iran with all the many good-hearted, intelligent citizens there. A year ago, I am reliably told, your preposterous and belligerent statements in this country (as in your meeting at the Council on Foreign Relations) so embarrassed sensible Iranian citizens that this led to your party’s defeat in the December mayoral elections. May this do that and more.

I am only a professor, who is also a university president, and today I feel all the weight of the modern civilized world yearning to express the revulsion at what you stand for. I only wish I could do better.

What is my opinion of Columbia University President Lee Bollinger's introductory remarks about thug Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?

Just great, I think President Lee Bollinger Mock Trial of Ahmadinejad were well put together and very thoughtful.
President Lee Bollinger called Ahmadinejad "a petty and cruel dictator."

"When you come to a place like this, it makes you, quite simply, ridiculous," Bollinger said. "You are either brazenly provocative or astonishingly uneducated."

Columbia University invitation is turned into a World first class Mock Trial Tribune Against Ahmadinejad and the Mullah's Regime For Crimes Against Humanity … President Lee Bollinger was the biggest winner and Ahmadinejad was the biggest looser, fool and idiot ....

1- Must Watch CNN Clip Of Columbia University President Hammers Ahmadinejad As 'petty, cruel dictator' - This Is An Indictment Of Terror Master -10 Minustes

Last edited by cyrus on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now that Ahmadinejad is allowed to make a speech in UN and he has not been Indicted for past crimes against humanity because of diplomatic immunities then the UN, Security Council and G8 governments are becoming bigger losers than Ahmadinejad with very bad consequences for freedom.

I very much understand , indeed it is past time to act. Yet when one looks at the dysfunctionality of the UN, it is the dysfunctionality of member states that contributes to the ineffectiveness of that global institution called the UN.

I would say I took a little heat from folks when I said on this forum the first time he spoke at the UN, "Let him come and hang himself with his own words."

Infidels R US have gladly supplied the rope.....(chuckle).....and Antar is "the gift that keeps on giving."

Let's face it Cyrus, if there were any single individual who most clearly makes self-evident the need for UN reform, it is he.
I called Iran a "test case for UN reform" as well, mainly because it would test the will and courage of the international community in their common "responsibility to protect" peoples at risk of crimes against humanity being foisted upon them.

Now you know I draw a distinction between the people and the government, yet any solution must be comprehensive of the whole of Iran....including aspects involving territorial integrity. However, when it comes to soverignity, and "responsibility to protect", soverignity loses out.

IE All neccessary measures up to and including military action and regime change with the support, and in support of, the people's inalienable rights under the universal declaration of human rights.

Antar wishes to put Iran on a direct collision course with the free world, and that is a change in policy from years of backstabbing proxi-war since the start of the revolution.

Some say that we Americans pay too much attention to Antar's ravings, that he is only the puppet pulled by master's strings....if so, it isn't Khameni.....

Americans see Antar putting Rev. Guard in 18 of 22 ministers positions, and see the so-called "democratic" election process in 2005, and we already know that there has been a soft-sell military coup, and Khameni is nothing more than a figure head and a "yes man" to Antar (Ahmanutjob....Ahmadman....Ahmadinnerjacket.....), who's become a star struck "celebrity" overnight it seems.

Please trust that America has a lot of experience with fools who rise to great hights, only to crash and burn as our people's notably fickle attention span is good only so long for idiots, especially where there's little humor to be found.

Thus we make him the butt of our jokes.

If he truly pisses us off, and he has....."you don't get to that" will be stated a number of times, before action is taken....but if it continues, have faith like you would in the sun coming up in the morning that they will have wished they had heeded the warnings.

As for warnings, ...."If a marsmallow went to a weeni roast and got scorched, could it claim victim status?"

I thought I'd do an "Antar" and answer the Khatami appeasers with a question....(chuckle).

'Cmon we're a people who built this nation from the wilderness, from scratch with our bare hands. We won our freedom with the tools we used to hunt game and till fields.....we play rough....and fair. And we become real dangerous when threatened.

"next question....."

Think I'll leave you with an excerpt from a recent letter, and while this part doesn't mention Iran, it does mention "ethical infants"..... needing no introduction here:

Quote:
In closing, It is my hope you will tender up an vision I'd like to see in July 2045 to the Secretary of State, as I'm curious to see what she thinks it would take to get there from here.

That month and year will mark the 100th year Humanity has posessed working nuclear weapons.
The 85 year old geezer that will be me then, would be most pleased if the family of nations were to celebrate a WMD-free world on that occasion. President Bush has said that "it will be for another president" , and so it shall. For other leaders of other countries as well. However , I believe the opportunity exists at this point in time (none better) to create the framework of a idea who's time has come, but won't be realized in practical terms for decades. I believe 2045 to be a reasonable target date with a motivated international community striving for it.
Let us hope motivation is not achieved by tragic circumstance, but rather by a change of mindset brought on by certain realization of the fragility of modern civilization as a simple "given" that can be cited by historic remnants of civilizations past to lend mute testiment to the folly of man.

What we as Humanity require for good health is clean air, clean water, good soil for crops, all of which we would put at risk ? Have been putting at risk to this day.
Peace of mind is something Humanity hasn't had for half a hundred years, and it'll be another half before we resolve the dysfuntionality of being able to exterminate the species at will...or by accident...or by unintended concequences unforseen by ethical infants.

"We must not fall in the trap that's been prepared. This may be someone using a nuke and having it look like we launched it, creating the intended holy war.Paranoia? no.Logical if you need to justify a holy war. With all the military build up, it would be difficult to disprove, so if we must act militarily, let's let the Taliban sweat it out, until the nuclear threat has been reassessed."

"lessons from history"(part-2) Oct 4th 2001

I make my case plain and simple. Humanity cannot afford to waste human and material resource on conflict when global crisis needs lie unmet. It can hardly afford to waste time building weapons that can't be used and remain civilized, nor allow those that have been built to be used by anyone. Last I checked, we've been able to "stop the car in time" every time, but going crisis to crisis is playing Russian roulette. It's time for mankind to get off that rollercoaster, creates a lot of social malfunction and stress among populations.
Can we afford to leave millions at risk from individuals in absolute power that lead their people to the precipice and/or actively shove them off it? Or otherwise actively violate their own citizen's right and ability to live in peace, by threatening the peace of a region, in actively supporting terrorism?
To resolve these conflicts of interest means strait up no quibbling....the international community has a responsibility to protect humanity...and best get busy at it. If President Bush is a "dissident" for stating the basic moral and self-evident premis America was founded upon, the same four freedoms the UN was founded upon, what am I in stating this? Sir, I'm just another happy idiot, struggling for the legal tender...but I'm also a parent, and that lends an imputus to do and say some some things that may just benifit a whole lot of kid's futures.

The UN , comprised of its member states must enforce collective will upon those member states not upholding (or flaunting) the tenets of the UN charter by 2/3 GA majority decision on member status. If it cannot, then I respectfully suggest we move to disband the UN, turn the headquarters in NYC into a homeless shelter and kiss the international norms of civilized behavior goodby.

If we, as humanity... truly wish to live in larger freedom...let us prove it to ourselves, difficult as it may be to convince the sceptics among us. It has been said that any Truth goes through three phases; first it is ridiculed, then it is violently opposed, then it becomes self evident.

I believe the essence to getting there is.....

We can do this, so long as we remember our joy.

Please pass it on.

Best,

EJ
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyrus wrote:

This post does not belong to this thread, please post it under the following thread:
Main Reasons For Bush Failure: Dr. Rice Détente With Taazi
and then remove it from this thread

Here's my answer:

Quote:
PRESIDENT BUSH: Mr. Secretary General, Mr. President, distinguished delegates, ladies and gentlemen: Thank you for the opportunity to address the General Assembly of the United Nations.

Sixty years ago, representatives from 16 nations gathered to begin deliberations on a new international bill of rights. The document they produced is called the Universal Declaration of Human Rights -- and it stands as a landmark achievement in the history of human liberty. It opens by recognizing "the inherent dignity" and the "equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family" as "the foundation of freedom, justice, and peace in the world." And as we gather for this 62nd General Assembly, the standards of the Declaration must guide our work in this world.

Achieving the promise of the Declaration requires confronting long-term threats; it also requires answering the immediate needs of today. The nations in this chamber have our differences, yet there are some areas where we can all agree. When innocent people are trapped in a life of murder and fear, the Declaration is not being upheld. When millions of children starve to death or perish from a mosquito bite, we're not doing our duty in the world. When whole societies are cut off from the prosperity of the global economy, we're all worse off. Changing these underlying conditions is what the Declaration calls the work of "larger freedom" -- and it must be the work of every nation in this assembly.

This great institution must work for great purposes -- to free people from tyranny and violence, hunger and disease, illiteracy and ignorance, and poverty and despair. Every member of the United Nations must join in this mission of liberation.

First, the mission of the United Nations requires liberating people from tyranny and violence. The first article of the Universal Declaration begins, "All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights." The truth is denied by terrorists and extremists who kill the innocent with the aim of imposing their hateful vision on humanity. The followers of this violent ideology are a threat to civilized people everywhere. All civilized nations must work together to stop them -- by sharing intelligence about their networks, and choking their -- off their finances, and bringing to justice their operatives.

In the long run, the best way to defeat extremists is to defeat their dark ideology with a more hopeful vision -- the vision of liberty that founded this body. The United States salutes the nations that have recently taken strides toward liberty -- including Ukraine and Georgia and Kyrgyzstan and Mauritania and Liberia, Sierra Leone and Morocco. The Palestinian Territories have moderate leaders, mainstream leaders that are working to build free institutions that fight terror, and enforce the law, and respond to the needs of their people. The international community must support these leaders, so that we can advance the vision of two democratic states, Israel and Palestine, living side-by-side in peace and security.

Brave citizens in Lebanon and Afghanistan and Iraq have made the choice for democracy -- yet the extremists have responded by targeting them for murder. This is not a show of strength -- it is evidence of fear. And the extremists are doing everything in their power to bring down these young democracies. The people of Lebanon and Afghanistan and Iraq have asked for our help. And every civilized nation has a responsibility to stand with them.

Every civilized nation also has a responsibility to stand up for the people suffering under dictatorship. In Belarus, North Korea, Syria, and Iran, brutal regimes deny their people the fundamental rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration. Americans are outraged by the situation in Burma, where a military junta has imposed a 19-year reign of fear. Basic freedoms of speech, assembly, and worship are severely restricted. Ethnic minorities are persecuted. Forced child labor, human trafficking, and rape are common. The regime is holding more than 1,000 political prisoners -- including Aung San Suu Kyi, whose party was elected overwhelmingly by the Burmese people in 1990.

The ruling junta remains unyielding, yet the people's desire for freedom is unmistakable. This morning, I'm announcing a series of steps to help bring peaceful change to Burma. The United States will tighten economic sanctions on the leaders of the regime and their financial backers. We will impose an expanded visa ban on those responsible for the most egregious violations of human rights, as well as their family members. We'll continue to support the efforts of humanitarian groups working to alleviate suffering in Burma. And I urge the United Nations and all nations to use their diplomatic and economic leverage to help the Burmese people reclaim their freedom.

In Cuba, the long rule of a cruel dictator is nearing its end. The Cuban people are ready for their freedom. And as that nation enters a period of transition, the United Nations must insist on free speech, free assembly, and ultimately, free and competitive elections.

In Zimbabwe, ordinary citizens suffer under a tyrannical regime. The government has cracked down on peaceful calls for reform, and forced millions to flee their homeland. The behavior of the Mugabe regime is an assault on its people -- and an affront to the principles of the Universal Declaration. The United Nations must insist on change in Harare -- and must insist for the freedom of the people of Zimbabwe.

In Sudan, innocent civilians are suffering repression -- and in the Darfur region, many are losing their lives to genocide. America has responded with tough sanctions against those responsible for the violence. We've provided more than $2 billion in humanitarian and peacekeeping aid. I look forward to attending a Security Council meeting that will focus on Darfur, chaired by the French President. I appreciate France's leadership in helping to stabilize Sudan's neighbors. And the United Nations must answer this challenge to conscience, and live up to its promise to promptly deploy peacekeeping forces to Darfur.

Second, the mission of the United Nations requires liberating people from hunger and disease. Article 25 of the Universal Declaration states: "Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food and clothing and housing and medical care." Around the world, the United Nations is carrying out noble efforts to live up to these words.

Feeding the hungry has long been a special calling for my nation. Today, more than half the world's food assistance comes from America. We send emergency food stocks to starving people from camps in Sudan to slums in -- around the world. I've proposed an innovative initiative to alleviate hunger under which America would purchase the crops of local farmers in Africa and elsewhere, rather than shipping in food from the developed world. This would help build up local agriculture and break the cycle of famine in the developing world -- and I urge our United States Congress to support this initiative.

Many in this hall are bringing the spirit of generosity to fighting HIV/AIDS and malaria. Five years ago, in Sub-Saharan Africa, an AIDS diagnosis was widely considered a death sentence, and fewer than 50,000 people infected with the virus were receiving treatment. The world responded by creating the Global Fund, which is working with governments and the private sector to fight the disease around the world. The United States decided to take these steps a little further by launching the $15 billion Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief. Since 2003, this effort has helped bring cutting-edge medicines to more than a million people in sub-Sahara Africa. It's a good start. So earlier this year, I proposed to double our initial commitment to $30 billion. By coming together, the world can turn the tide against HIV/AIDS -- once and for all.

Malaria is another common killer. In some countries, malaria takes as many lives as HIV/AIDS -- the vast majority of them children under the age of five years old. Every one of these deaths is unnecessary, because the disease is preventable and treatable. The world knows what it takes to stop malaria -- bed nets and indoor spraying and medicine to treat the disease. Two years ago, America launched a $1.2 billion malaria initiative. Other nations and the private sector are making vital contributions, as well. I call on every member state to maintain its focus, find new ways to join this cause, and bring us closer to the day when malaria deaths are no more.

Third, the mission of the United Nations requires liberating people from the chains of illiteracy and ignorance. Article 26 of the Universal Declaration states: "Everyone has the right to education." And when nations make the investments needed to educate their people, the whole world benefits. Better education unleashes the talent and potential of its citizens, and adds to the prosperity of all of us. Better education promotes better health and greater independence. Better education increases the strength of democracy, and weakens the appeal of violent ideologies. So the United States is joining with nations around the world to help them provide a better education for their people.

A good education starts with good teachers. In partnership with other nations, America has helped train more than 600,000 teachers and administrators. A good education requires good textbooks. So in partnership with other nations, America has distributed tens of millions of textbooks. A good education requires access to good schools. So in partnership with other nations, America is helping nations raise standards in their schools at home, and providing scholarships to help students come to schools in the United States. In all our education efforts, our nation is working to expand access for women and girls, so that the opportunity to get a decent education is open to all.

Finally, the mission of the United Nations requires liberating people from poverty and despair. Article 23 of the Universal Declaration states: "Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, [and] to just and favorable conditions of work." In the 21st century, this requires ensuring that people in poor countries have the same opportunity to benefit from the global economy that citizens of wealthy countries have.

The United Nations provides vital economic assistance designed to help developing nations grow their economies and reach their potential. The United States agrees with that position; we've dramatically increased our own development assistance -- and we're delivering that aid in innovative ways. We started the Millennium Challenge Account to reward nations that govern justly, fight corruption, invest in their people, and promote economic freedom. With this aid, we're reaching out to developing nations in partnership, not paternalism. And we're ensuring that our aid dollars reach those who need them -- and achieve results.

In the long run, the best way to lift people out of poverty is through trade and investment. A nation that is open and trading with the world will create economic rewards that far exceed anything they could get through foreign aid. During the 1990s, developing nations that significantly lowered tariffs saw their per capita income grow about three times faster than other developing countries. Open markets ignite growth, encourage investment, increase transparency, strengthen the rule of law, and help countries help themselves.

The international community now has an historic chance to open markets around the world by concluding a successful Doha Round of trade talks. A successful Doha outcome would mean real and substantial openings in agriculture, goods, and services -- and real and substantial reductions in trade-distorting subsidies. The world's largest trading nations, including major developing countries, have a special responsibility to make the tough political decisions to reduce trade barriers. America has the will and flexibility to make those necessary decisions. Our negotiators are demonstrating that spirit in Geneva. I urge other leaders to direct their negotiators to do the same. And I'm optimistic that we can reach a good Doha agreement -- and seize this once-in-a-generation opportunity.

In the meantime, America will continue to pursue agreements that open trade and investment wherever we can. We recently signed free trade agreements with Peru, Colombia, Panama, and South Korea. These agreements embody the values of open markets -- transparent and fair regulation, respect for private property, and resolving disputes under international law rules. These are good agreements, and they're now ready for a congressional vote, and I urge the Congress to approve them as soon as possible.

As America works with the United Nations to alleviate immediate needs, we're also coming together to address longer-term challenges. Together, we're preparing for pandemics that could cause death and suffering on a global scale. Together, we're working to stop the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Together, we're confronting the challenges of energy security, and environmental quality, and climate change. I appreciate the discussions on climate change led by the Secretary General last night. I look forward to further discussions at the meeting of major economies in Washington later this week.

The goals I've outlined today cannot be achieved overnight -- and they cannot be achieved without reform in this vital institution. The United States is committed to a strong and vibrant United Nations. Yet the American people are disappointed by the failures of the Human Rights Council. This body has been silent on repression by regimes from Havana to Caracas to Pyongyang and Tehran -- while focusing its criticism excessively on Israel. To be credible on human rights in the world, the United Nations must reform its own Human Rights Council.

Some have also called for reform to the structure of the Security Council, including an expansion of its membership. The United States is open to this prospect. We believe that Japan is well-qualified for permanent membership on the Security Council, and that other nations should be considered, as well. The United States will listen to all good ideas, and we will support changes to the Security Council as part of broader U.N. reform. And in all we do, I call on member states to work for an institution that adheres to strict ethical standards, and lives up to the high principles of the Universal Declaration.

With the commitment and courage of this chamber, we can build a world where people are free to speak, assemble, and worship as they wish; a world where children in every nation grow up healthy, get a decent education, and look to the future with hope; a world where opportunity crosses every border. America will lead toward this vision where all are created equal, and free to pursue their dreams. This is the founding conviction of my country. It is the promise that established this body. And with our determination, it can be the future of our world.

Thank you, and God bless.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyrus wrote:

This post does not belong to this thread, please post it under the following thread:

Oppenheimer wrote:

Here's my answer:
Quote:
PRESIDENT BUSH: Mr. Secretary General, Mr. President, distinguished delegates, ladies and gentlemen: Thank you for the opportunity to address the General Assembly of the United Nations.

Sixty years ago, representatives from 16 nations gathered to begin deliberations on a new international bill of rights. The document they produced is called the Universal Declaration of Human Rights -- and it stands as a landmark achievement in the history of human liberty. It opens by recognizing "the inherent dignity" and the "equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family" as "the foundation of freedom, justice, and peace in the world." And as we gather for this 62nd General Assembly, the standards of the Declaration must guide our work in this world.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/

We accept good speech from President of Columbia University Professor Lee Bollinger ...
Just good speech from President of Super Power is not enough and acceptable, we expect good results after 7 years ..... President Bush failed to help Iranian people to gain their freedom because of dirty deals with EU3, China, Russia to milk Iran and wrong strategy in Iraq.

President Bush Admin allowed the diversion Strategy by Mafia Mullahs in Tehran to change the international views and focus from Iran’s Nuclear Safety issues, Kazemi case, Human Rights and Women Rights violations, executions, tortures, major internal social and political problems in Iran to other external issues. Unfortunately UN, major News Media, journalists and G8 governments have allowed Ahmadinejad, Mullahs and their Mafia gang to execute their Diversion Strategy and played their destructive game against freedom-loving Iranian people and the world.

President Bush Admin allowed Ahmadinejad to become President for unknown hidden agenda and reasons .... President Bush Admin has not delivered what he promised to the Iranian people and youth ....

Last edited by cyrus on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:29 am; edited 5 times in total
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyrus wrote:

Then there was Sarcozy's speech, and Cyrus, if you must make the time to sit, put your feet up, and watch, I flat garrantee it'll be time well spent.

http://webcast.un.org/ramgen/ondemand/ga/62/2007/ga070925am2.rm?start=00:51:56&end=01:07:56

Or if this direct link won't take:

http://www.usunnewyork.usmission.gov/

Click on main page below UN seal.....62nd General Assembly Debate

On the page that comes up, click on "Sept 25- Oct 3, 2007"

Click on "Sept 25th" to view speeches given by all members....you'll find the video link for France there.

Like a good movie, I'm not going to ruin it by telling you how it ends....so just watch and enjoy...

Best,

EJ
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyrus wrote:

Cyrus, I really don't know what you expected Bush to do in 2005, The US isn't God, despite Antar's assertions that my country thinks it is.
Iranian involvement in Iraq had not been publicly exposed yet by the US gov., thus no casus belli existed to interfere in internal affairs of Iran. We called the Elec-show what it was....a sham. We have done our best to de-legitimize not just the government, but to show the policies of the regime to be not worthy of a nation signatory to the Universal declaration of human rights. Taloring a policy of behavior change, was only the first step, a neccessary one for many reasons but there are no illusions as to the need for coercive diplomacy to be implemented to ensure it.
On every opportunity, we have called the regime to account, have sanction it for years on end prior to international sanctions being levied.

Look, to be blunt, any Iranian with a real good rifle and a steady aim could have dealt with your internal problems..permanently. Now your nation's internal problems have been exacerbated on the world stage, a criminal gang runs your nation, a criminal gang which is now being listed as a terrorist org by both the US house and Senate (as of today). I don't suspect Iranian apeasement lobbyists will be getting much traction, much less a foot in the door to the halls of my government any longer.

Yes we will let them hang themselves with their own words before the American public, because the American public most of all needs to know what our government is dealing with, in order to approve its actions, now and in the future, as it regards the threats posed globally by those that have so completely embarrased the Iranian people with rhetoric that is designed to start wars.

Let me ask you this, if all we were in this for was Iran's oil, don't you think we, the EU, Russia and China ....all of us would have simply removed the regime, divided Iran up into zones of occupation, made economic slaves of the people and raped your resources by now????
That's what colonialism was all about right? Oh my, I almost forgot, Iran is occupied by an armed illegitimate government who treats its citizens worse than the european slave traders treated Africans, rapes its natural resources to fund terrorism as an external distraction for its failures at home. Not to mention the hegemonic intent to do the same to the rest of the region.......now who is the "Colonialist" in this picture?

Well, so much for conspiracy theories.....we are actually trying to save lives here by taking a very patient and cautious diplomatic rout to bring all nations on board in recognition of the grave threats a nuclear armed Iran would pose....and we've done that successfully.

Now you see in Mr. Bush's speech a broad theme regarding human rights in general, and if you consider the position he is in, he cannot ignore the mention of the list of offenders, and it's a long one as we see here. In no way should you accuse him of being distracted......simply because he made only passing mention of Iran. He had to stuff it all into a 15 minute speech.

You run the Free Iran project eh? Well Mr. Bush is trying to set up the Free The World project, and that includes Iran.

He needs all the support he can get. And he deserves better than blind accusations while in process of delivering on his promises.

You might take it under consideration, as activistchat policy.

Take care,

EJ
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: A missed opportunity by the American media. Reply with quote

Reza wrote:

A missed opportunity by the American media.
Iran's top thug, President Meymoon Ahmaghinejad was in USA for
3 days. He was invited to speak in Colombia University , He was given
a platform for the third successive year to speak at the UN General
assembly. He was interviewed left, right and centre by the media and
they missed the opportunity to ask this serial murder some vital questions.

Why no one in the US media ask the following ten questions from President Meymoon Ahmaghinejad?

1- Why is he referred to in Iran as "the Terminator"? (Tir Khalaass Kesh)?

2- How many people has he executed as a revolutionary Guard in
Mullahs prisons since 1979? Hundreds or thousands?

3- Was he a hostage taker and interrogator in 1979?

4- If the Palestinians are the victims of some aggression, why should the
people of Iran have to pay for it?

5- Why, Satellite, Internet and free press does not exist in Iran ?

6- Why his so-called national Police or the hoodies continue to beat the
students on almost daily basis? Why women are terrorised in Iran ?

7- How many more years of executions, stoning to death, hanging on
cranes and amputating of body parts, eye extractions, political murders, reparation of the people of Iran should be expected by his pro-terrorist regime in Iran ?

8- If the Mullahs are sure of their popularity, why not allow a referendum
on the future form of Government in Iran ?

9- How can the poor people of Iran benefit by spending billions of Iranian
petro-dollars on creating and supporting terrorist networks such as
Hezbollah, Hammas, Al-Mahdi, Al-Badr and others?

10- If he denies his regime has been behind terror actions around the
world, can he come out with facts to counter all such allegations?

French daily wrote:
French daily: Iran’s Ahmadinejad was key US embassy hostage-taker

Wed. 29 Jun 2005

Iran Focus
Source: http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2687

Paris, Jun. 29 – A principal French daily reported that newly-elected Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was in charge of security at the United States embassy in Tehran after he and fellow radical students loyal to Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini took over the compound by force in November 1979.

Libération wrote that Ahmadinejad was a member of Students Following the Line of the Imam [Khomeini] and a leader of the hostage-takers who held American diplomats and embassy staff for 444 days.

“In 1981 he joined the forces of [Assadollah] Lajevardi, the Revolutionary Prosecutor in Evin Prison who executed hundreds of [political] prisoners every night”, the daily added.

According to Libération, Ahmadinejad subsequently joined the Special Forces branch of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps and later became a commander of the IRGC Qods (Jerusalem) Force and was responsible for the destruction of Iran’s opposition.

Former political prisoners who were in Evin Prison in 1981 have said Ahmadinejad was known to them as “Tir Khalas Zan”, literally meaning “he who fires coup de grace”.

The government-run website Baztab quoted allies of outgoing President Mohammad Khatami as confirming that Ahmadinejad fired coup de grace at prisoners who were executed in Evin Prison in the 1980s.

Iran’s clerical leaders have not shown any reaction so far to the growing controversy over the new president’s past involvement in terrorism and human rights violations.

Last edited by cyrus on Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, they are worthy questions, but considering how he answered the questions (including those put to him on human rights) he did get, no one would receive a strait answer to these ones either.

Antar missed an opportunity to reduce the prospects of war for his people, but then he never came with that intent, did he?

This is the question that should now be put to him by any sane Iranian:

"Are your intentions to lead us over oblivion's cliff in a war that we cannot possibly win?"

At this point Cyrus, most of the world is convinced he has no interest in peace.

Not that you or I had any illusions to that effect, but now no one does.

Well almost, there are still the brainwashed, and the brain dead.

Best,

EJ
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Taazi Ahmadinejad (Pasdar Leader) Fails To Ease Tensions Reply with quote

The Washington Post wrote:

Taazi Ahmadinejad (Terror Master) Fails To Ease Tensions
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/26/AR2007092602597.html

The Washington Post reports that he failed to improve his country's standing and image during his visit to New York.

After several days of controversy, heckling and vitriolic headlines in the local tabloid newspapers, Taazi (Not Iranian) President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's visit to New York was capped Wednesday by a 76 to 22 U.S. Senate vote calling on the Bush administration to designate the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps as a terrorist organization.

The congressional rebuke a few hours before Ahmadinejad's Iran Air 747 departed reflected what American scholars and Iranians alike depicted as a missed opportunity by the Iranian president to ease mounting tensions between Iran and the West, particularly the United States.

He had an opportunity to present himself to the American people in a way that would make conflict less likely. And I don't think he succeeded," said John H. Coatsworth, the Columbia University dean who moderated a speech in which Ahmadinejad insisted on Iran's right to pursue uranium enrichment for a nuclear energy program, denied the existence of Iranian gays, and defended additional research on whether the Holocaust occurred.

Last edited by cyrus on Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Cyrus,

As I completely disagree with the premis of the title of the thread you have asked me to place several posts that illustrate the points made in the excerpt of my letter, which was completely relevent, I believe I will let them sit right where they are, thank you very much.

If you wish, you may remove them and start new threads with them without title that contain emotionally charged adjectives, nor insult to my country's leadership which is apparently only your subjective opinion, and not fact based.

Or you may remove them completely off this forum, and I will remove myself as well, and I leave it completely up to you to decide if you wish this to be a healthy forum of debate, and if that is the case, please have some courtesy towards those who have struggled to help the Iranian people's aspirations.

You have often said activist chat members should not insult each other, well sir, you have insulted me, and my country, as well as its leadership.

If you wish Activist chat to be just another Bush-bashing forum, fine just say so.......I have little time to waste teaching you the truth about where things stand truly. Again I say that this kind of rhetoric isn't productive time spent when attacking those who stand with you, but you'll eventually figure that out on your own, with me or without me, as you like.

I said a long time ago that this isn't over till the fat mullah sings, yet it seems you like US Democrats are all too willing to declare failure before the fight is done.

Ain't my words written in that title Cyrus, are they?

I think of the Iranian people as winners....I urge them to think of themselves as winners, so they can win their freedom, and prove this to themselves.....and attitude is key to success.

You'll figure this out too eventually....hopefully not too late.

Be well,

EJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: