[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

International Women's Day March 8th: FREE WOMEN IN IRAN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Condemn House Speaker Nancy Pelosi For Appeasing Islamist Fa Reply with quote

Why Should Women Activists Condemn House Speaker Ms. Nancy Pelosi For Appeasing Islamist Fanatics, Submission to Islamist Rules and Insults To Free Spirit of American Women ?
cyrus wrote:
Jamal Saidi/Reuters wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070404/photos_ts/2007_04_04t002618_284x450_us_syria_usa_pelosi

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wears a veil as she visits the tomb of John the Baptist inside the Umayyad mosque in Damascus April 3, 2007. (Jamal Saidi/Reuters)

Ms. Nancy Pelosi as private citizen has every right for wearing veil in any place as tourist however as House Speaker Ms. Nancy Pelosi who is in third ranking position after President and Vice President in hierarchy of power according US constitution should not wear a veil in her official visit to Syria. This is considered as submission to Islamist fanatic rules, signal of appeasing Islamists and weakness.
Ms. Nancy Pelosi bad judgement was against the spirit of the American founding fathers vision, spirit of freedom, secular democracy, free American Women, free society, women struggle against fanatic Islamist rules. We hope House Speaker Ms. Nancy Pelosi learn something from Iranian women fight for freedom please watch the short video clip or read comments from Freedom-Loving American women in "Save Nazanin petition".

We should consider to condemn House Speaker Ms. Nancy Pelosi strongly based on the following simple rules defined below, détente with fanatics, appeasement of Islamists, bad judgement and ask for her apology from American People.

Today Simple Rules For Evaluating Foreign Policy and Strategy

Our future expectations from policy makers and leadership are defined with new set of test cases for foreign policy evaluation criteria to be able to measure success and failure results more easily. Our recommended test cases and criteria are based on Cyrus The Great Spirit, the American founding fathers vision, spirit of freedom, US constitution and defined as follows:

1- Have a secular democracy purpose
2- Have a Human Rights purpose
3- Have a Free Society purpose
4- Have a primary effect to increase freedom at global level.
5- Have the element of War Of Ideas to expand public awareness, education and expansion of truth.
6- Have an element of Freedom of Choice
7- Applying the U.S.A. Supreme Court accepted "Lemon test," to foreign policy decisions, strategy and conduct. According to the "Lemon test," in order to be constitutional, a law or public act must: a) Have a secular purpose. b) Have a primary effect that neither advances nor inhibits religion. c) Not result in excessive governmental entanglement with religion.
8- Move towards better unified global fair Justice System.

Outrage American Women wrote:

Freedom-Loving American Women Outrage To Save Nazanin As A Victim Of Islamic Fascists Occupiers Of Iran

277120. Emma Goddard
Horrible. Woman like Nazanin are being terribly degraded in society. We are people too, and woman rights are STILL a problem all over the world. It's not possible to "allow" rape. Rape is sex at your own will, meaning you can't "allow" a person to rape you. So many men tell you to dress a certain way and to just look a certain way in general so that others do not think unwell of us or in Nazanin's case, attempt sexual engagement with us. If men are telling us to do that, then they should themselves take account for their actions too. Disgusting. America

277119. Sabrina Van
Asveld Please don't let this travesty called "justice" in Iran be carried out. No woman, wherever she comes from, deserves to be held accountable for the horror she endured. If her attackers cannot keep their hormones on check, she does not have to suffer for that. She is the victim, she's not at fault.
USA

277395. Catherine Garrison
Your laws are sick and unfair. Without women there would be no men. Without men there would be no war. Why do you allow one huma being to abuse another? Why do you abuse women? Women should be honored and cherished for the loving caring people they are. They are not at the root of evil in the world - men are - our prisons are full of them. They rape, they kill, they abuse, they are the authors and creators of WAR. The world would be so much more beautiful it were run by women - and some day it will be if the men don't destroy it first - men like George Bush and Sadam - God would frown upon them, and upon you for killing this innocent creature for defending herself. I suppose you think all women should just lay down and be raped without objection. Judgement day will come in heaven or hell. Heaven is full of women, hell is full of men.
USA

259563. Victoria
Sellers This is crazy, hanging someone for defending herself?! Everyone in the world should sign this.

259558. Maninouth Thipphavong
How can leaders of a country allow such an injustice to simply pass on? Are you blind men or are you merely filled with contempt for all women? What would you have done if it was your own child helpless in sucha situation? This will not end here, people around the world will not just watch this and then let it disappear. We will not forget. No one ever forgets the grave injustices done by such cruel men. Be merciful, and even Allah will forgive you.
United States of America

259524. Katie Heisinger
i read this story in a seventeen magazine and i felt so sorry for so i immediately went to this site to sign the petition
United States of America

260060. Roozbeh Rajaei
To kill a person is truly to spit in Nature/God’s eye. To kill a child, is just inexcusable and pure Evil. We, Iranians/Persians, as a nation have disgraced our heritage/history of being people of high tolerance, morals, and intelligence by allowing such atrocity to take place. We, inhabitants of Earth, have disgraced everything holy, sacred and natural about being and possessing innocence by allowing such atrocity to take place in the world. Lets show each other and who ever that may be watching, that we as a nation of this world, we as the people of this world are not savages and that our ability to Love casts a great shadow over our ability to hate. USA

260013. Christina Stoltz
I don't think it is right that they are going to hang her just because she was defending herself!!! Also I do not think that a man's life should be worth more than a womens!!! Everyone should be treated the same!! USA

259965. Kath Seymour
To carry out this sentence would be a horrendous injustice. The whole world would be horrified at such cruel , barbaric injustice against someone who is both a minor and an undefended girl acting in self-defence. I urge all authorities involved to do whatsoever is possible to revert this unbelievable sentence. May God save and bless Nazanin and every child or woman like her.
Canada

259824. Lakeisha
I think that this is absolutely outrageous and a tragedy. An individual deserves the right to protect themeselves despite their gender. Im only one person, but I hope that I can in some way contribute to saving Nazanin.
United States of America

260207. Lisa Olsen
Will a female child receive a fair trial in Iran? If she is lost, the loss will felt by all women and children in every part of the world where oppression of women still exists

261091. Jonathan Krull Thou shalt not be a victim. Thou shalt not be a perpetrator. Above all, thou shalt not be a bystander. Dr. Martin Luther King: "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly." Thoreau: "Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison."
USA
Nazanin & Nazanin, I am posting this message on MySpace so I can let people know about this. It's a shame that this will happen to a girl who was tring to defend herself and niece!! It just shows how unfair Iran can be. Don't worry Nazanin & Nazanin, people will sign this petetion to save your life. People have to even sign a petetion just to save someone's life. Thank you for bringing this topic up in Seventeen magazine. I promise you both, that she will live.
USA

268008. R. Porter
This madness must end! How many times must innocent victims continue to be victimized. Sentencing must be carried out on the perpertrators not the victim. The world must respond and stop this insanity. Unfortunately these types of crimes are happening all around the world to women,more often than we hear about. I am tired of hearing the excuse, that is their culture. No ones culture should place any one human being above another. We should be all treated equal under the law, regardless of religious affiliation. Laws should and must be based on human rights, and not what religious views you hold. Please save Nazanin!
Canada

267904. Debbie Snow
Killling someone for defending themself against rape is a disgrace. In my opinion she is a very brave woman, and I only hope that I have the courage to defend myself if I am ever in the same situation.
Canada

268125. Nicole SKursky
With the war in Iraq occurring, most people seem to believe that nothing that happens in the Middle East is significant. My own friends believe that Iraq should be atomically bombed for the sole reason that there MIGHT be terrorists residing in the country. Women are the strongest people, yet receive the least respect and the least amount of rights. They are just as diligent and hardworking as men and deserve all the same and equal rights that men just seem to naturally be born with. Nazanin is a powerful woman. He struggled through one of the hardest situations a girl may be faced with. Though she killed a man, she responsible for the life of her niece and most importantly, the life of herself. My heart goes out to her. United States

268098. Yasamin
why are woman still mistreated! i don't understand, as an iranian i believe that when i go to iran with my family i should feel safe and not scared to go out because if i do some men will try to abuse me or my family. Am i supposed to accept that ? am i supposed to accept that i should do nothing about it! what about self defense, i mean they were raping her! she used defense what was she supposed to do just let it happen? it honestly disgusts me, makes me sick to the bone, and i hope that something is done about this injustice!

268073. Trisha
Its unbelievable that this can happen just for defending her life and her niece'. Shes only 17. Life is too short to be holding her in prison for something that was not intentially ment to happen.
Canada

268062. Natalie Rossi
This story has really touched my heart! I can't believe they treat women like this for trying to protect themselves! I hope everything is fixed for the better! Luck!

267849. Jennifer B. Griffith
Self-defense is allowable by all religious laws, even if it results in the death of the attacker. She was defending herself AND her niece, and this is justifiable.
USA

272431. Lynn McCann
This petition is proof that the common person can postively impact the life of someone in need.
United States

272781. Ona Lucas
Time to educate those men about women. Where would they be without women. Women give birth, without them there would be no population for one thing . It's time for us to communicate assertively with that Country about Human Rights especially Women's Rights.
Canada

272750. BETTY KINGSLEY
Just give me 5 minutes with those guys, they will never rape again. What kind of idiot makes these laws?!! I would have done the same thing. Makes you want to pack your bags and teach someone a lesson.

273003. Karin Ryan
I am at a loss for words, please let Nazanin live!!!

272693. Paul Norris
She's getting punished why?? What options did she have? I guess the 'proper' thing to do in her situation would have been to get rapped and then taken the 100 lashes and considered her self lucky, what kind of thinking is this?? This brave girl needs our support, imagin how she must feel right now, how frustrating it must be to be a woman in that country. Canada

272633. Lisa Selinger
This is an absolute outrage. Happenings such as this makes you really grateful to live in a great place like Canada. I hope you can save her. Canada
--------------------------------------

ActivistChat Supported Petition 8 to Save Nazanin
Sign the Petition -
View Current Signatures

http://www.petitiononline.com/Nazanin/petition.html

Click To WATCH THIS Superb DOCUMENTARY Video
http://www.bodog.tv/spotlight/
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Iran 1979, March 8 International Women's Day Reply with quote

Iran 1979, March 8 International Women's Day

Iran 1979, March 8 International Women's Day. "If you are against death by stoning! If you are against forced veiling! If you are against ... all » the prosecution and imprisonment of women! If you are against lashing a woman’s body! If you are against any form of patriarchy! If you are against the medieval laws of Iran’s Islamic Republic of Iran imposing inequality on women! – Join the great walk against anti-women laws in Iran’s Islamic Republic on 8 March 2007 in Holland!" www.8mars.com & http://www.karzar-zanan.com/

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8842589185458786745&q=Iran&hl=en
ViaHHakimi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Must we lose this war? Reply with quote

April 6, 2007

Must we lose this war?

By Caroline B. Glick

The footage of the British hostages thanking Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for his hospitality and forgiveness, like the footage of US Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi covering her head in a scarf while on a visit to Damascus was enough to make you sick.

Must we lose this war?

Tuesday, US President George W. Bush had some clear thoughts on Pelosi's visit to Syria. Bush said, "Going to Syria sends mixed signals — signals in the region and, of course, mixed signals to President [Bashar] Assad….Photo opportunities and/or meetings with President Assad lead the Assad government to believe they're part of the mainstream of the international community, when, in fact, they're a state sponsor of terror; when, in fact, they're helping expedite — or at least not stopping the movement of foreign fighters from Syria into Iraq; when, in fact, they have done little to nothing to rein in militant Hamas and Hezbollah; and when, in fact, they destabilize the Lebanese democracy."

The President's criticism was well-founded. By visiting Damascus, Pelosi strengthened Assad's view that the free world has no problem with his behavior. Syrian Foreign Minister Waleed Muallem made this clear Tuesday when, speaking to a Kuwaiti newspaper Tuesday, Muallen said that Pelosi's visit proved that Syria's international isolation, which began after Damascus masterminded the Februaray 2005 assassination of former Lebanese prime minister Rafiq Hariri, is officially over.

Other Syrian officials made clear that far from softening Syria's policies, Pelosi's visit, like those of European leaders will only toughen Syria's positions. As Imad Moustapha, Syria's ambassador in Washington put it, " Syria will not hurriedly offer concessions when it refused to offer them under much greater pressure from the United States in the past." Wednesday Pelosi stated triumphantly, "We were very pleased with the assurances we received from [Assad that] he was ready to resume the peace process. He's ready to engage in negotiations for peace with Israel."

Yet this is a lie. Over the past several weeks, it has become abundantly clear that Syria is preparing to attack Israel in the coming months. If Pelosi had bothered to pay attention, she would have noted the terrorists from Gaza, Lebanon and Iraq passing her at the Damascus airport en route to training camps in Syria and Iran.

Unfortunately, Pelosi isn't the only self-declared "champion of peace" who is effectively strengthening Syria's will to attack by appeasing Syria directly or through its master, Iran.

On the face of it, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who also paid a visit to Syria this week, seems to take a stronger stand on the issues than Pelosi. While visiting Ramallah she called for Hamas to accept Israel. While in Lebanon she called for Syria to stop arming Hizbullah. While in Israel, as is her wont, she said that 70 years after her nation murdered a third of the Jewish people, she strongly opposes letting Iran acquire the means to kill another six million Jews.

Strong words. Unfortunately, Germany's actions tell a different story. As German political scientist Matthias Kuntzel pointed out in a recent paper, through its support for German trade with Iran, Merkel's government is a central driver of the Iranian economy and so enables Iran to finance both the global jihad and its nuclear weapons program.

Immediately after its sailors and marines were taken hostage on March 23, Britain tried to mobilize the European Union to support its actions to bring about their release. Since Britain is a member of the EU, and since the capture of the servicemen was an act of war, in taking the 15 British sailors and marines hostage, the Iranians committed an act of war against the EU.

Europe is Iran's largest trading partner. A quarter of Iranian exports go to Europe, and 40 percent of Iranian imports are from Europe.

Britain reportedly asked its EU sister-states to respond to this act of war by freezing their trade ties with Iran. Its request was met with immediate rejection. Reportedly, Germany led the pack in saying no. This is a shame since freezing European trade with Iran would effectively start the countdown for the fall of the mullahs.

Merkel's Germany is Iran's largest trading partner in Europe.

Kuntzel quotes Michael Tockuss, the former president of the German-Iranian Chamber of Commerce in Teheran explaining, "Some two thirds of Iranian industry relies on German engineering products. The Iranians are certainly dependent on German spare parts and suppliers."

Germany's booming trade with Iran would have gone bust long ago had it not been for the largesse of the German government. The German government, which supposedly opposes Iran's nuclear weapons program, provides export guarantees for 65 percent of German investments in Iran.

When seen in the context of her government's effective subsidization of the Iranian economy, Merkel's anti-Iranian and anti-jihad statements are exposed as farce. Iran, Syria, Hizbullah and the Palestinians have no reason to be concerned. Their principal trading partner in Europe will not abandon them.

For its part, Britain too, has little to be proud of. The British government's response to the kidnapping of its sailors and marines was cowardly and dishonorable. Rather than fight to free them, Britain bowed before Ahmadinejad to free them.

Prime Minister Tony Blair claimed that London wished to bring about the hostages' release without rewarding Teheran for its aggression. If this were the case then Britain did not have to turn to the EU, the UN or even the US for assistance. The British had ample options at their disposal to contend with Iran. And none of them required either the use of force, or the support of other states.

The British could have closed their embassy in Teheran. Indeed, after the mullahs organized a violent mob to attack the embassy and call for its capture, it was irresponsible for the British to keep their embassy open. Moreover, the British could have closed the Iranian embassy in Britain and either deported or detained Iranian officials operating in their territory.

In his paper, Kuntzel notes that while British trade with the mullahs is only one fifth of Germany's, it is nonetheless significant. Since 2003 when Iran's nuclear program was first exposed, British trade with Iran has nearly tripled. And as is the case with Germany, the British government also backs the trade with export credits.

Earlier this year, the official UK Trade and Investment Department was promoting trade with Iran. Its Web site gushed, "Iran is one of the most exciting countries in the region for business development … The main opportunity for UK business is in providing capital and equipment to Iran's priority sectors: Oil, gas and petrochemicals, Mining [and] Power."

If Blair truly wished to force Iran's hand, he might have considered ending his government's subsidy of the Iranian economy.

Perhaps British and European hypocrisy and even the hypocrisy of the Democrats can be shrugged off as nothing new. But it is more difficult to shrug off complementary behavior by the Bush Administration.

Today some of the most confusing signals are coming from the Bush Administration. On the one hand, the US naval build-up in the Persian Gulf leads many to hope and believe that the US military is planning to launch a strike against Iran's nuclear facilities. On the other hand, it is fairly clear that Bush agreed to pay Teheran off in exchange for the British hostages.

Ahmadinejad announced that he was setting his British hostages free on Wednesday. Tuesday, the US released Jalal Shirafi, who until his capture some months ago served as a terror master for the Iranian Revolutionary Guards in Baghdad while doubling as the second secretary at the Iranian embassy. Also Tuesday the British announced that the US would allow Iranian officials to visit five other Revolutionary Guards terrorists that the USarrested in Irbil, Kurdistan in recent months.

Unfortunately, Iran and its underlings share none of the American or European penchant for two-facedness. As the IDFs head of Military Intelligence Maj.-Gen. Amos Yadlin told the cabinet on Sunday, Iran, Syria, Hizbullah and the Palestinians are all openly preparing to go to war against Israel and the US this summer.

Moreover, Iran maintains its single-minded pursuit of nuclear weapons. As ABC news reported on Monday, over the past three months, Iran has tripled to over 1,000 the number of centrifuges it will use for uranium enrichment. This increase puts Iran well in line to abide by Ahmadinejad's pledge to operate 3,000 centrifuges by next month. Indeed, the latest report makes clear that if Iran is not stopped, it will likely acquire nuclear weapons in another year and a half.

Even more distressing than America's policy confusion is Israel's policy collapse. Israel, the country most directly threatened by current regional and international trends finds itself at this dangerous juncture with no policies either towards our enemies or towards the countries of the free world.

In his recent holiday interviews Prime Minister Ehud Olmert did not make one clear policy statement towards Iran, Syria, the Hizbullah or the Palestinians. Olmert's inability to assert a constructive or coherent Israeli policy on any strategic issue has rendered the country a strategic irrelevancy. As numerous Israeli officials have admitted since last summer's war, the Americans and Europeans no longer give weight to Israeli statements. So too, as the Riyadh summit made abundantly clear, the Arabs and Iranians have also stopped taking us seriously. This unacceptable and dangerous state of affairs will end only after the Olmert-Livni-Peretz government is voted out of office.

If maintained, the current policy trend will lead us directly to the worst-case scenario. In this scenario, after the US leaves Iraq in shame, or remains only to watch the country officially become an Iranian proxy, Israel will find itself encircled and under attack from Iran's proxies as Iran itself becomes a nuclear power.

But it is far from inevitable that the current trend will continue. For every step that takes us towards the worst-case scenario, there are multiple counter-steps that can lead us away from it. This week British could have honorably confronted the Iranians. They still can.

The Americans can attack Iran's nuclear facilities.

Germany can destroy Iran's economy.

Israel can initiate a campaign against the Palestinians or Hizbullah or Syria and so weaken Iran's creeping regional hegemony and at least partially extricate itself from its present encirclement. (To this end, of course, the Knesset must vote for new elections and the people must elect a government capable of crafting policies to defeat our enemies.)

Iran grows stronger in the face of Western weakness and hypocrisy. But it still isn't all that strong.

The fact remains that even at this late date, we alone will determine whether we win or lose.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Nepotism and Mullah's Reply with quote

Nepotism and Mullah's

Long ago, the civilized world decided Nepotism in the work place is counter productive and not good for any business.

The fact, individual is selected based on his/her relation with the boss rather than their own capabilities and qualifications has stopped this practice long ago in almost, all civilized countries.

In some instances, despite the candidates qualifications, if they are related to the head of that section, they are forbidden to compete for that position.

Thanks to the Mafia Mullah's in Iran, the practice of Nepotism is alive and well in Iran! Read through the background of any Top Government Official in the shameless Mullah's regime and you see the reason they have been selected is not because of their qualifications.

Rather, who they are related!

The race in on for the City of Tehran Mayor's position. Sardar Ghalibaaf, Competitor apparent to Larijani as the next president is going full force for the second term.

There are 4 groups competing with him. When you see the names, you realize 4 out of the 4 groups are related to the leaders of this shameless mullah's group. We have enlarged the section for your kind review.

Some you know instantly and some you have to do bit of research to link their relations with the Mullah's in power. In General, if you are not related, you will never get this far!

In Group 1. The supporters of Ahmadinejad, you see the name of PARVIN AHMADINEJAD. The sister of the President. No wonder she supports her brother!
God help us! One Ahmadinejad has brought Iran to the brink of war! Imagine if they become 2 what will happen?

In Group 2. The supporters of Sardar Ghalibaaf, you see the name of MORTEZA TALAI, The younger brother of Sardar Talai of IRGC Corps.

In Group 4. The ones will support whoever will hire and put them on the payroll, you see the name of MEHDI CHAMRAN! The younger brother of assassinated by the Mullah regime, Sardar Chamran. The terrorist who created IRGC. Corps.

It is all, one big happy family. The Mafia Mullah Family!

OUR ACADEMIA OR SO-CALLED "IRAN-EXPERTS" WANTS THESE INCOMPETENT PEOPLE STAY IN POWER?

WHEN WILL YOU GET SICK OF ALL THIS INJUSTICE?

STRENGTH THROUGH UNITY

YARI NATIONAL GROUP
UNITED WE STAND. DIVIDED WE FALL
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: 20 Year Old Iranian Woman Analy Raped & Killed By A Base Reply with quote

URL Video Clip Watch Glen Beck On CNN: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6135392363989493740
Reza Pardisan wrote:
20 Year Old Iranian Woman Analy Raped & Killed By A Baseball Bat In Iran:

20 Year Old Iranian Woman
Analy Raped & Killed By
A Baseball Bat In Iran
Two weeks ago an Imprisoned 20 year old Iranian Woman
was analy raped by baseball bat for peacefully demonstrating
for the freedom of other Iranian women. Two days later the
young Iranian woman died of an internal injury.

Also at about the same time an Iranian trade union leader had
his tongue flayed for a similar peaceful protest. Yet Britain and
the EU continue to turn a blind eye on these atrocities by
appeasing this evil regime.

On April the 8th, 2007 Britain's Lord Triesman of Tottenham
who is also the British Foreign Office spokesman said that
Britain will oppose regime change in Iran and will continue
dialogue with this terrorist barbaric regime.

28 years on, British media still finds reasons, time and space
to criticise the late Shah's regime but deliberately ignores this
gross violation of human rights in Iran. A D-Notice issued by
the British Foreign office prevents reporting news from Iran
which may upset or embarrass the Mullah's regime.

Watch this horrifying clip by an American TV presenter to
learn more about the regime imposed on Iran by Jimmy
Carter and James Callaghan in 1979.
Please click on URL below & turn on your volume:

Watch Glen Beck On CNN:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6135392363989493740
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++

Men of God???
Protected by Britain, The EU, China &
Russia to milk Iran. Who cares if life in Iran
is a living hell? Iran is bleeding while filthy
greedy Brits and her European allies are prospering
like never before. All thanks to the Mullahs of Iran.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Anger at Iran dress restrictions Reply with quote

Anger at Iran dress restrictions
By Frances Harrison
BBC News, Tehran

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6584789.stm

The crackdown is more serious than in past years
Two thousand young men in Iran have protested against new clothing curbs, reports say, amid growing discontent about a crackdown on un-Islamic dress.
Shiraz university students were angry about new rules banning sleeveless T-shirts, even inside all-male dorms.

The protest came as the judiciary head warned police that an excessively ferocious campaign could backfire.

Police say they stopped more than 1,300 women for dressing immodestly on the first day of the campaign in Tehran.

More than 100 women were arrested on Saturday; half of them had to sign statements promising to improve their clothing, the other half are being referred to court.

The focus of the new campaign is to stop women wearing tight overcoats that reveal the shape of their bodies or showing too much hair from beneath their headscarves.

However, young men have also been arrested for sporting wild hair styles or T-shirts considered immodest.

Local news agency reports say the protesting Shiraz students on Sunday night were calling for the resignation of the university chancellor.

Serious crackdown

There is always a crackdown at the start of summer as women start wearing more skimpy clothes because of the hot weather.

Women are banned from wearing short, figure-hugging outfits
In past years the pressure quickly relaxed - headscarves become perched on the back of heads, while fashionable women in affluent north Tehran wear open-toed sandals, three-quarter length trousers and short skin-hugging overcoats.

The police complain that some young women strut the streets looking like fashion models - and it is not a bad description.

But this year the crackdown seems more serious.

Iranian television has broadcast nightly programmes warning women and young men with sleeveless T-shirts and spiky hair to be more careful about their dress.

The newspapers are full of pictures of women being arrested for their un-Islamic clothing, but foreign journalists have been prevented from filming it.

Backlash

The head of the Iranian judiciary, Ayatollah Shahrudi, has warned that a severe crackdown on un-Islamic dress could have the reverse effect.

Meanwhile, an MP has asked why the police should spend so much time arresting young people and filing court cases against them instead of fighting drug addiction and poverty.

Already taxi drivers say there are fewer women on the streets and it is clear most are dressing more conservatively.

It is not just the young and very fashionable who are being harassed this year, middle aged women and even foreign tourists are being cautioned.

One foreign journalist was stopped and the police complained the photograph in her press card was indecent, even though it was taken by the Ministry of Islamic Guidance.

cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: IRAN: 150,000 WOMEN DETAINED FOR BREAKING DRESS CODE Reply with quote

IRAN: 150,000 WOMEN DETAINED FOR BREAKING DRESS CODE

http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level_English.php?cat=Security&loid=8.0.408604684&par=0
Tehran, 26 April (AKI) - Some 150,000 women have been detained in Iran for violating strict new Islamic dress code rules, the country's top police officer has announced. "During the first four days [since the code came into effect] we have picked up 150,000 women who were not properly veiled, but many of them were released after they signed an admission of guilt and a formal apology," General Ismail Ahmadi Moghaddam told journalists. An unspecified number of the women taken into custody were also forced to undergo psychological counseling, Moghaddam said.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Video Clip Iran: 150,000 WOMEN DETAINED BY FORCE FOR BREAKIN Reply with quote

Watch Video Clip Iran: 150,000 WOMEN DETAINED BY FORCE FOR BREAKING DRESS CODE

47 sec - May 3, 2007
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6436916223006901907&pr=goog-sl

Watch Another Video How Women Treated:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kc4dTfC2dE

Description:
"To sin by silence, when we should protest, Makes cowards out of men." Ella Wheeler Wilcox (November 5, 1850 -- October 30, 1919)

Wakeup Call: This Video of Iranian teenage girl being dragged away by Islamist Mafia disciplinary forces for not being dressed according to the Islamic Mafia's Taazi dress code. She is SCREAMING and crying saying that she doesn't want to go. PEOPLE WAKE UP...this is the story of 70 million Iranian people as the hostage under Occupiers of Islamist Taazi Fascist Mafia ... Iranian people go to prison for wearing clothes that in the west no one will give a second thought to! Forcing strict Islamic dress code for women is cruel, repressive, against Human Rights against human dignity, one of the attribute of Nazi regime in Germany , this is also designed by Islamist Taazi Fascist Mafia to segregate Jews, Christians, and Zoroastrians by assigning colors that they must wear, reminiscent to the yellow stars Jews were forced to wear under the Nazi regime in Germany.
Please watch courageous Iranian women fight for freedom Video Clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ODHE4hlaY
What You Can Do To Fight Back
1- Please Sign and spread this petition or enhance it as you wish by adding your comments. A Plea for Justice - FREE Iran Real Cases Mock Trials Against Mullahs, Amadinejad ... As Islamic Fascists Mafia And For Crimes Against Humanity http://www.petitiononline.com/achat8/petition.html
2- Help spreading the story by Email
3- Contact newspapers, TV-channels, blogs and other media and ask them to support FREE Iran from Islamist Mafia .
4- Contact Free World officials ask them to support FREE Iran from Taazi .
5- By increasing the world public awareness we will create powerful critical mass against TAAZI . Please remember those who create Fear Society by execution and torture are very weak people and live in fear from anyone, anything and their own shadows …. How Come Iranian People Can Not Become Free? Free world leaders should have better understanding and accept that the 69 million unarmed Iranian nation as hostage of estimated 700,000 Revolutionary Guards, Mullahs, Militia and other security forces (Taazi) are not in control of their destination and must be given the hostage status by UN Security Council. To understand this statistics better according U.S. Department of Justice • Office of Justice Programs Bureau of Justice Statistics “ In 2005, over 7 million people were on probation, in jail or prison, or on parole at yearend 2005 -- 3.2% of all U.S. adult residents or 1 in every 32 adults” The 700,000 international Islamist Mafia criminals in Iran who are controlling Iranian nation as their hostages are less than 1 % of total Iran population and this is less than 3.2% criminals in USA and should be considered as small minority. Terror and Oil money is used for suppression.
IRAN: 150,000 WOMEN DETAINED FOR BREAKING DRESS CODE Source: http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level_English.php?cat=Security&loid=8.0.408604684&par=0
The following video clip says it all about past 6 years failed Diplomacy with Mullahs:
Source: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6135392363989493740

UNITED WE STAND FOR FREE IRAN, Freedom, Free Society, Secular Democracy, Human Rights, Down With Islamist Mafia Taazi Occupiers Of Iran, Shame On All Appeasers and Shame On any country that is accepting Detente With Islamist Mafia Terror and Torture Masters ....
7007 ActivistChat.com

Last edited by cyrus on Fri May 11, 2007 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: In Iran, tactics of fashion police raise concerns Reply with quote

In Iran, tactics of fashion police raise concerns
Fri. 04 May 2007
The New York Times

By NAZILA FATHI
Published: May 4, 2007

TEHRAN, May 3 — Only days after Iran’s annual crackdown on immodest dress began in mid-April, with teams of police officers stopping women in major squares and subway stations to warn them about their attire, the security authorities came under fire.

Many women who were stopped on the street and told to dress properly reacted angrily. A parliamentary commission complained about the campaign to the chief of police, and the head of Iran’s judiciary warned that a too repressive policy could bring a backlash. Even an adviser to the president urged caution, saying the police “should not go to the extreme,” according to the daily Etemad-e-Melli.

The Tehran chief of police, Ismail Ahmadi Moghaddam, said during the drive that the security forces would single out women who wore only small head scarves or short tight coats and short pants. He also said the police were turning their attention to men in the second phase of its campaign, which began Saturday.

He insisted that the authorities would avoid force — and arrests — and would only talk to violators to urge them to dress appropriately. Still, he said 150 women a day had been taken to detention centers as the crackdown began.

At a parliamentary hearing of the Commission for National Security that was convened to hear complaints, “Some of the members of Parliament complained that the security force should not put itself in a position to deal with such issues,” said Dariush Ghanbari, a member of the commission.

When one woman, Nazanin, 28, was stopped last month in Vanak Square, she thought she had dressed more modestly than usual, she said. But she was told that her coat was tight and showed the shape of her body.

“I just joked with them and tried to stay calm, but they told me to sit so that they could see how far my pants would pull up in a sitting position,” said Nazanin, a reporter. She was told by the police officers that they wanted to help her look modest so men would not look at her and cause her inconvenience, she said.

She received a warning about her large sunglasses, her coat, her eyeliner and her socks, which the police officers said should be longer. She was allowed to go after she signed a letter, which included her name and address, saying she would not appear in public like that again. The police have said the letters will be used against violators in court if they defy the rules a second time.

Another woman, Niloofar, 28, who responded angrily to the police when she was told to fix her head scarf because too much of her hair was showing, said she was kept in a bus for five hours.

Somayeh, 31, who was crying after she was stopped at the Mirdamad subway station, said, “They want to intimidate us.” She was asked to call home and get her national ID number, the equivalent of a Social Security number, for the letter she had to sign, promising not to wear makeup in public again.

The women who were interviewed refused to give their full names because they feared they could be identified by the police.

Women have been required by law since the 1979 Islamic revolution to cover their hair and wear long, loose clothing. The ideal dress is considered to be the chador, a black head-to-toe garment. In the early days of the revolution, women were flogged, jailed and fined for what was considered immodest dress.

But many women defy the law and the government has been engaged in a constant battle over how they should look. At least three state-sponsored fashion shows were held in the past year to encourage women to wear more “Islamic” clothes.

This year, the publicity campaign has been especially large and loud, with the security authorities insisting that people are happy with the restrictions.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has backed the campaign, saying, “Those who have indecent appearances are sent by the enemy.”

But other sectors of the government and the news media are urging caution.

The head of the judiciary, Mahmoud Hashemi Shahroudi, has warned provincial governors about possible dangers of the crackdown. “Hauling women and young people to the police station will have no result except social harm,” he said, according to Etemad-e-Melli.

And Mehdi Kalhor, Mr. Ahmadinejad’s press adviser, warned the police chief in a letter that his force “should not go to the extreme,” the newspaper reported.

The conservative daily Kayhan also warned that “women’s immodest dress is not the only vice.”

“The way the vices are dealt with should be in a way so that people — especially the youth — believe that the authorities really want to eradicate them,” Kayhan wrote, saying that poverty, bribery and injustice were more important problems.

Still, dissent is unwelcome. A court in Tehran sentenced six prominent protesters in April to jail terms of two to three years. The six women are part of a campaign that is trying to collect a million signatures for a petition that calls on the authorities to give women equal rights with men.

And the second phase of the crackdown began Saturday as planned. Not only women were scrutinized. The police also arrested men who wore wild hairstyles and T-shirts that were considered un-Islamic. The student news agency ISNA quoted a police statement on Sunday as saying, “In an official order to barbershops, they have been warned to avoid using Western hairstyles and doing men’s eyebrows.”
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Video Clip: Nazanin Afshin-Jam Releases Debut Album Someday Reply with quote

To Support Our Fellow Freedom-loving FREE Iran Activist Singer Nazanin Who Saved A Child from Execution by Hanging in Self-Defense From Rapists .... And To Say Thanks For Her Hard Work Please Order The New Excellent Nazanin's Album NOW From Amazon By Clicking The Nazanin Image Below

Nazanin Someday
OUT NOW - America, Europe
UK - July 9th, 2007
Canada - June 2007

Quote:

Video Clip: Nazanin Afshin-Jam Releases Debut Album Someday Dedicated to Iranian Freedom

Source: http://www.nazanin.ca
Nazanin
Someday
Label: bodogMUSIC
Album: Someday
Director: Joe Plewa

Description:
Iranian-born Nazanin sings of the "progressive revolution" that she has dedicated her life towards. This song in particular is dedicated to a woman that she helped save from a death sentence after killing her rapist in self-defense.

Please visit:
http://www.nazanin.ca

Nazanin Someday
UK - July 9th, 2007
Canada - June 2007

Quote:
http://www.bodogmusic.com/nazanin/

Nazanin Afshin-Jam Releases Debut Album "Someday" Dedicated to Iranian Freedom

Nazanin is the voice for the voiceless...

Iran Press News (Farsi) posted this amazing video by the beautiful former Miss World Canada Nazanin Afshin-Jam.

Born in Tehran during the turmoil of the Iranian Revolution in 1979, Nazanin's family was forced to leave all their worldly possessions behind and flee to freedom, when her father had been jailed and tortured by the Revolutionary Guard under the new regime. Awaiting execution, it was the family's escape to Europe that saved them from political persecution. Faced with adversity so early in life, the revolution impacted her core.

Today Nazanin sings about a New Revolution for Iran- her homeland.
The visuals are extraordinary and include scenes from the the mullah's revolution starting in 1978 and pictures from other historic freedom revolutions since that time.
Nazanin is truly becoming a powerful voice for the imminent revolution in Iran:

Nazanin Afshin-Jam is also an activist for those persecuted under the current regime in control of Iran. Nazanin helped rescue a young Iranian from her death sentence by the mullahs earlier this year:

Nazanin was opposed to the death penalty being applied to 18-year-old namesake Nazanin Mahabad Fatehi, who had been sentenced to hang for stabbing one of three men who tried to rape her and her niece in Karaj in March 2005. She started a campaign to help save the life of this minor including a petition which attracted more than 350,000 signatures worldwide. (Number of signatures gathered to date). She has also dedicated her song "Someday the Revolution song" -one of the 12 songs on her album that was released last week to Nazanin Fatehi and the other oppressed youth of Iran.

"Hopefully I will get to send - or better yet hand deliver- the song to her." said Nazanin Afshin-Jam in an interview. Eventually, Nazanin Fatehi was found innocent and was released on January 31, 2007.

Nazanin Someday
UK - July 9th, 2007
Canada - June 2007

Quote:

Please Watch This Beautiful Video Music Clip Called I Dance For You By very talented singer Nazanin Afshin-Jam and Give Her 5 Star Google Ratings Now By Clicking This Link.

Nazanin Someday Album
1. Someday (The Revolution Song)
2. Forever
3. Split Personality
4. Supergirl
5. I Do
6. You're Calling Me
7. Over
8. prelude
9. Extraordinary
10. I Dance For You
11. Something I Would Die For
12. Stolen
13. prelude
14. Goleh Sang
15. Someday (Persian)

Nazanin Someday
UK - July 9th, 2007
Canada - June 2007

cyrus wrote:
Click To WATCH THIS Superb DOCUMENTARY Video
http://www.bodog.tv/spotlight/

blank wrote:
Afareen bar Nazaneen Afshin-Jam. She is the hero, for saving a woman's life.
What a difference between her and Rudi Bakhtiar (CNN, now Fox reporter) that does opening, & welcoming statements for ayatollah Shirin Ebadi. Or Chirstian Amanpour who thinks there is some sort of democracy in Iran, especially if "reformists" were in charge!!!

NAZANIN - Saved A Child from Execution by Hanging
January 31, 2007 Should Be Considered as NazaninS Day
Nazanin Is Hero and Also Best Female Singer

To Support Our Fellow Freedom-loving FREE Iran Activist Singer Nazanin Who Saved A Child from Execution by Hanging in Self-Defense From Rapists .... And Say Thanks For Her Hard Work Please Order The New Excellent Nazanin's Album NOW From Amazon By Clicking The Nazanin Image Below

Nazanin Someday
UK - July 9th, 2007
Canada - June 2007
blank

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.iiaf.net/history/iiafwomen.html
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Ahmadinejad's New Enemy Reply with quote

Amir Taheri wrote:
Ahmadinejad's New Enemy
By Amir Taheri
New York Post | Wednesday, September 10, 2008

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=0DD82775-47D3-4CEB-B024-F01BC663CD8F

IN one of his last sermons before his death, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini warned of "three threats" to his vision of Islam: the US, the Jews and women.

Two decades later, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad thinks he has the United States and the Jews in hand - and is moving on the third "enemy."

Women were the first to demonstrate against Khomeini's regime with a mass rally in Tehran on March 8, 1979 - less than a month after the mullahs had seized power. Over the next decade, the authorities imprisoned hundreds of thousands of women for varying lengths of time, and executed thousands.

But women continued to fight a regime that deemed them subhuman. Their resistance prevented the mullahs from abrogating pre-revolutionary laws limiting gender discrimination. Thus, women succeeded in keeping their right to vote and win public office.
blank

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrest of innocent women in Iran...the reason, what they wear.
I always go back to the traitors i.e. Jebhe Meli, MKO, National Front, all Mosadegh followers and "roshanfekran" that SOLD our country to arabs & Taazis. This is the consequence of their "marg bar shah"........ every single one of them should be tried for treason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBsuYPFSPlQ&feature=email
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Queen Farah Pahlavi Message For Women's Day March 8 Reply with quote

blank

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rezapahlavi.org/messages/?persian

پيام شاھزاده رضا پھلوی
بمناسبت
گراميداشت ھشتم ماه مارس، روز جھانی زن

يکشنبه ١٨ اسفند ماه ١٣٨٧
ھم ميھنان عزيزم،

آزادی و » برای نخستين بار در انقلاب فرانسه بود که تلاش ديرينۀ زنان در طلب
تبلوری تازه و تاريخی يافت. از آن پس، پيکار زنان برای رھايی از بندھای « برابری
ديرينۀ بندگی در نظام ھای مردسالار نيرويی فزاينده يافت و با تثبيت شأن و اولويت
حقوق فرد در جوامع مدرن جھان زنان نيز به تدريج به حقوق انسانی خود دست يافتند و
به سوی مشارکت برابر با مردان در عرصه ھای گوناگون اجتماعی و سياسی به پيش
رفتند. در نيمۀ دوم قرن بيستم منشور سازمان ملل متحد، اعلاميۀ جھانی حقوق بشر و
ميثاق ھای بين المللی حقوق مدنی، سياسی و اقتصادی، به نوبت برابری کامل و بی قيد
و شرط زنان با مردان را تصويب و تأييد کردند.
امروز در نخستين دھۀ قرن بيست و يکم، زنان نه تنھا در جوامع پيشرفته و مدرن جھان
بلکه در بسياری از جوامع رو به رشد نيز از حقوق و آزادی ھای برابر با مردان
برخوردار شده اند. حتی در شماری از جوامع مسلمان نيز زنان شھروندان متساوی
الحقوق با مردان به شمار می روند و سالھاست که توانسته اند به بالاترين مناصب و
مقامات سياسی و تصميم گيری در کشورھای خويش دست يابند.
با توجه به چنين واقعيت ھای غيرقابل انکار و کتمان در زمينۀ گسترش بی وقفۀ حقوق
و آزادی ھای زنان در دنيا، سزاوار آن است که محدوديت ھا و تبعيض ھايی را که در
سی سال گذشته بر زنان آگاه و آزادۀ ايران تحميل شده شرم آورترين بخش کارنامۀ نظام
واپسگرای جمھوری اسلامی شمرد. زنانی که يک سدۀ پيش با شرکت در انقلاب
مشروطيت مقدمات آزادی و احقاق حقوق خويش را فراھم آوردند و در آستانۀ انقلاب
اسلامی به دستاوردھا و پيشرفت ھای تاريخی در زمينۀ برابری با مردان رسيده بودند،
امروز برای دستيابی به حداقل حقوق و آزادی ھای مسلم خويش بايد پيوسته با قوانين
قرون وسطايی و نظام دادگستری مردسالار رژيم بستيزند و در رويارويی با عوامل و
ايادی خشن و سرکوبگرش قربانی دھند. زنان، يعنی اکثريت قاطع مردم ميھن ما
مھمترين و بيشترين قربانيان سياست ھای تبعيض آلوده و سرکوبگرانۀ ولايت نامشروع
فقيه اند.
بجاست که در گراميداشت اين سالگرد جھانی حقوق زن، ھمۀ ما، پدران، پسران،
برادران و ھمسران زنان شيردل ايران، بيش از پيش به پشتيبانی از آنان و حقوق
مسلمشان ھمت کنيم و اين واقعيت را بپذيريم که رھايی و آزادی وطن بی آزادی و
رھايی زنان وطن از بند ھای اسارت و تبعيض ناشدنی است.
روز جھانی زن را شادباش می گويم.
خداوند نگھدار ايران باد
رضا پھلوی
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: