[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What does make USA so strong?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: What does make USA so strong? Reply with quote

Ba dorood:

Is it her money or arms?

I do not think so.

What else do you think coudl be the reason?

Think about it.

I will share my view at a later date.
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its because we believe in freedom and justice FOR ALL! Not just for ourselves but for every single person on earth. Thats why America will save Iran. America has alot of money but thats not what makes her great. America has alot of arms (really powerful stuff, by the way) too but again, that doesn't make her great. We are great because we are idealistic. Not realistic. We believe in something better than what currently exists. And we are willing to put our necks on the line to save another country, even though they may not deserve it. Japan deserved NO MERCY after the horrors they committed during World War II. We could have annihilated them completely with our shiny new atomic bombs but instead of a closed fist we offered an open hand and we helped them to their feet. Today Japan is one the the worlds most powerful economies and is the greatest supplier of technology in the world. And that my friends, is what is soon to become of Iran as well. GOD BLESS THE USA ...and TO HELL WITH ISLAM!!!
Oldman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ba dorood:

I do respect USA and since I am a traditionalist, I value roots.

I came to the States when I was just a young 18 years old and naturally learned about this system more than the one in Iran. In a ways, I grew up in US heartland where you really can learn about this country. USA has offered more to people on earth than any other country.

I like how you have given USA the credit through freedom for all however I think that is what she produces not what she uses as her strength. In other words, it is her strength that provides the power for seeking freedom for all.

Here is my reply.

If you are a researcher and wish to research on, say, ant’s toe nail, USA will provide you with the best laboratories and what not so you can do your research.

USA leave the door open for the best of the world to do what they love to do, research thus it will provide the best in terms of strength for the world. This makes her the most strong country on earth. When you look back at the ancient Iran, you find the same formula used and that was the reason for Persian empire to be the best that world has ever seen.

So, it really is the open environment which allows the best of the world seek refuge at.
BitWhys

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few centuries of unlimited natural resources once you kick the locals off the land, lucking into the industrial revolution at the same time access to slaves is at its peak, having a loonie for an opponent when you're ready to pick a fight followed by cloistered protectionism serving the capitalistic few, profiting off two world wars and 4 decades of pissing away all your gold is bound to give you leg up.

hope it works out.
Oldman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ba dorood:

All true but why didn't any other country accomplish this?

If you really go to the base of it then I am sure that you can see why I picked the open environment as the main reason.

Dr. Mirfetros points out the geographical location of USA to have played a role as Iran was on the "way where USA was out of the "way".

It gave it time to resolve all of the internal issues such as ten long years before any government was announced.
BitWhys

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you didn't catch it the first time I don't see much point in repeating myself but it ISN'T the only country in the world to "accomplish this". Its good to hear Canada still isn't on the common American map. We get enough aggrevation from the ones who already know we're here.
Oldman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ba dorood:

Oh I caught your point however I thought that you need to go further into the issue.

Canada?! Well, it is known fact that 80% of it's residents live within 100 miles of US border. Does that mean much? It does to me.

Look, I pointed out what Iranian scholars have said about this fact that US made it as it was tucked away where Iran was right on the way, i.e. Silk Road.

As for the natural resources, it is true that US has about 5% of world's population and 40% of world's natural resources.

Well, Iran has 1% of the world's population with nearly 10% of world's natural resources.

These stats are very clear and it shows what the difference between the two is only their geographical location.

Nevertheless, if you do not agree with the main point here being the open environment that US provides, is the main factor for her strength then you are correct there is not much to talk about.

What you have stated are correct but are not the main factor as they are the result of such environment I described.
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your right Oldman. The free enterprise that america supports is entirely unique on planet earth. You will never find another country that supports is entrepreneurs and researchers like the USA does. Thats why the USA got to the moon before Russia did. Thats why americans had the atomic bomb before germany did. Both of these countries put alot of restrictions on their scientists that the USA did not. Thats why America will continue to have the very best in technology long before any other country does. And while I do not think that technology and research necessarily equates to strength, I do believe that it did indeed push America in the right direction.
Oldman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ba dorood:

Thank you for your reply and I like how you have closed your point with and open ended view.

What I mean is about your point how advancement in technology does not equate to strength.

I can see that in future, it may be true but for now, it seems to be the case, don't you agree?

Let me open it up a bit.

When the industrial revolution took place, people of that era generally were of the same mind as "it can not get any better than this".

But, during technological revolution (it is taking place as we are exchanging now), the general view is that "there is no end to this".

Do you agree that we have basically scratched the surface of technology application for advancement of human race? I do.

In conclusion, I can see that your point about technological advancement MAY not equate to strength in the FUTURE. Who knows, human may stumble on something totally different, we are producing human organs in a sheep!!!!! By the way, the researcher who came up with this one is an Iranian professor teaching at New Mexico State University (I have to admit that I am not sure of the name of university but am sure that he is Iranian).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: