[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Famous Italian Journalist died

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blank

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Famous Italian Journalist died Reply with quote

Oriana Fallaci Is Dead

Oriana Fallaci, one of the more important women in the world of journalism, has died. In recent years he also became the most unrelenting and unforgiving critics of Islam. An especially heroic position considering the cowardice, appeasement or even sympathy for the 'evil and inhuman' among her peers.

With her death, we have lost a woman who reminds us what our voices are for. Her books on the scourge of Islam, "The Rage and the Pride" and the follow up volume, "The Force of Reason," put into remarkable perspective the nature of our enemy, and the righteousness of our outrage against their savagery.

A must-read from Ms. Fallaci is provided by Mystery Achievement blog, posted at Free Republic. Here is a bit of that essay from July of last year after the London bombings:

The Enemy We Treat As A Friend

Now, I ask myself: “What do you say, what do you have to say, about what happened in London?” They ask me face-to-face, via fax and email; often scolding me because up until now I have remained silent. Almost as if my silence were a betrayal. And each time I shake my head and murmur to myself: what else should I say?!? I’ve been saying it for four years--that I fight against the Monster that has decided to eliminate us physically and, along with our bodies, to destroy our principles and values. Our civilization. For four years I’ve been talking about Islamic Nazism; about the war against the West; about the death cult; about European suicide. About a Europe that is no longer Europe, but Eurabia, and that with its feebleness, its inertia, its blindness, its servitude to the enemy is digging its own grave. For four years, like another Cassandra, I’ve been shouting until I’m hoarse “Troy is burning! Troy is burning!” and I despair of the Danaids for whom, like Virgil in the Aeneid I weep for a city entombed in its torpor. [A city] that, through its wide-open doors receives fresh troops and joins complicit parties [inside]. For four years I’ve been repeating to the wind the truth about the Monster and its accomplices; that is, the accomplices of the Monster who, in good or bad faith, open wide the doors--who, like [those] in the Apocalypse of John the Evangelist, throw themselves at his feet and allow themselves to be stamped with the mark of shame.

In her memory, and for the future for yourself and your loved ones, read the whole thing. The least we can do to celebrate Ms. Fallaci is carry on her bold courage in facing down the enemy, without apology.

The blogosphere, as usual, is leading the way with excellent commentaries about Ms. Fallaci and her impact. The tributes continue to be posted. Visit Michelle, and Pajamas Media for more on this remarkable woman. And via Politics central, Michael Ledeen remembers his friend Oriana.

http://politicscentral.com/2006/09/15/oriana_by_michael_ledeen.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: