[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STOP KHATAMI´s VISIT TO USA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Protest Terrorist Khatami at Harvard U. on Sunday Sep 10.. Reply with quote

Protest Terrorist Khatami at Harvard U. on Sunday Sep 10..

Dears
This message is forwarded for information of all the compatriots on my list.
Please do the same with your list.
Best wishes,
Hashem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, September 09, 2006 3:09 AM
To: jj@iranian.com
Subject: Protest Terrorist Khatami at Harvard U. on Sunday Sep 10..

Dear Jahanshah:

As you are well aware, terrorist Khatami will be reciting Emam Zaman Rozeh on Sunday September 10 at the Harvard University Kennedy School of Government here in Cambridge Massachusetts.

A group of us will be congregating around Harvard square to protest and express our outrage at the US Department of State for granting this thug a visa.

As you know Mr. Romney the Governor of Massachusetts has already stated that there will be no security services provided by this state for this Akhoond.

In fact, the Governor should have ordered the arrest and transfer of this hooligan Khatami to the Guantanamo prison. The mayor of Boston announced the other day that it would be in the interest of all to prevent the angry crowd from attacking this Islamofacist Khatami.

Now, I would like to send this message to the Iranians living in new England area that this is your last chance to show your courage and testicular fortitude to attend the rally and once and for all redeem yourself. Pretend that Sunday is AshorraA day and they are serving free cold beer at the Masjed!

To encourage his fellow citizens to participate in this gathering, a patriotic Iranian Mr. Gholamabbas Ajorpazz has traveled long distances to be with you on this spacial day.

Please remember to bring with you American Flags, Iranian flags preferably with Lion, the Sun, and the Crown and umbrellas since it may rain.

Thanks,
Cyrus
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Open Letters To The Honorable Condolezza Rice Reply with quote

Iranian Activists Open Letters To The Honorable Condolezza Rice

Dears,
As for you further information, I forward the E-Mail of my friend Paymoon for your observation.
Regards,
Hashem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, September 09, 2006 4:05 AM
To: Iranian_Political_Discussions_Group@googlegroups.com
Cc: secretary@state.gov; president@whitehouse.gov; vice.president@whitehouse.gov; senator_brownback@brownback.senate.gov; senator_lugar@lugar.senate.gov; senator_sherman@sherman.senate.gov; letters@washpost.com; senator_allen@allen.senate.gov; editorial@nytimes.com
Subject: Re: FW: The Honorable Condolezza Rice

To : Honorable Secretary Condelezza Rica
Re: Khatami's Visit to USA

Dear Madam secretary Rice
My name is Paymon Behmand and I am among one of those people who stood in protest against Mr. Khatami's Visit to the United States and demonstrated in front of national Cathedral in Washington DC and same person who stood firm and believe in the policy of the United States against Terrorism.
Madam Secretary, not only I support these letters written to you below but also I need to ask you a question as an American Citizen.
May I ask what is the purpose of Khatami's Visit to the USA? Specially on the 5th anniversary of September 11?
By allowing Khatami's Visit, who is a FIRM believer of Hezbollah organizations, you have allowed a terrorists supporter, harborer, financier and creator to walk freely in US.
If Mr. Khatami's Visit is to start a dialogue between USA and Islamic Regime, I, as an American and people of IRAN are totally against it.
And if his visit is to show to the world that Mr. Khatami and Islamic Regime have no support from IRANIAN people then let me ask how come invited guess at national cathedral got their clearance from the United States Department of state ( Yes, your office Madam Secretary) and Islamic Regime supporters like Mr. Amir Ahmady and those Fanatic Muslims who work in the " Office of interest section of Islamic Republic" in Wisconsin Ave, Washington DC, USA?
And why is it that oppositions of Islamic regime have no chance to pay this man a visit and ask him some serious questions?
Why is it that the United States is not supporting IRANIAN people against Islamic Regime?
Do you know of any other or better way to once and for all get ride of terrorists in middle east except by actively supporting IRANIAN people and oppositions to topple Islamic Regime?
Up and until now Islamic regime has clearly winning the war on terror, nuclear negotiations, and continuing their terrorists activity all over the world. None of us have yet forgotten Israel, Hezbollah and Lebanon. and USA is still waiting for other ALLIED?!!! to look closely for sanctions?!!! and NOT a clear STAND against Islamic Regime was ever send to Islamic regime and or CLEAR SUPPORT for People of IRAN?
Mr. Khatami's Visit to the United States is not an isolated case. On February 9th of this year on invitation of American University a man name Keyhan Barzegar gave a speech about Hezbollah. He was a supporter of Hezbollah and flew to United states from England. In his speech at American University he not only defended Hezbollah but also clearly say " If the United States of America does not want to negotiate with the Government of Islamic Republic of IRAN, we (IRAN) will use Hezbollah to make clear problems for Americans in Lebanon and Israel". They DID. And Lebanese people paid the ultimate price.
Mr. Keyhan Barzegar works under direct supervision of Ayatollah Hassan Rohani who is secretary of Supreme national council of Islamic Regime. He had a visa to come to USA and he clearly said to every body what Islamic terrorists will do in future. To day Khatami is clearly talking about " Democracy and Islam" mix together. Is that a future that we will see and experience as People of Lebanon did?
I am asking you these questions as an American who believes that the world of today can not tolerate Terrorists organizations such as Hezbollah.
Support IRANIAN PEOPLE.

Today's cause of FREEDOM IRANIAN PEOPLE is HUMAN cause.

With respect
Paymon Behmand.

On 9/8/06, Hashem Hakimi <hhakimi@online.no> wrote:
The Honorable Condolezza Rice

Dear Secretary of State of United States of America,

With due respect I second the writing of Mr. Sohrab Shab to your Excellency.

I only can add one sentence, that we Iranians according to our thousands of years of culture DO NOT TRUST MULLAHS, how can you trust them?

Do you know them better than we do!?

Yours sincerely,

H. Hakimi,

Oslo ,

Norway

=============================================

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 8. september 2006 21:25
To: secretary@state.gov
Cc: president@whitehouse.gov; vice.president@whitehouse.gov; senator_brownback@brownback.senate.gov; senator_lugar@lugar.senate.gov; senator_sherman@sherman.senate.gov; letters@washpost.com; senator_allen@allen.senate.gov; editorial@nytimes.com
Subject: The Honorable Condolezza Rice

The Honorable Condolezza Rice
The US secretary of State

Dear Madam Secretary,

Authorizing Mr. Khatemi, the ex-President of the
Islamic Republic of Iran, to visit US, the "Home of

the Brave", and the sole "Super Power" of the world,
was a serious blow to all freedom lovers of the world,
and a very wrong practice of democracy!

By doing so, you are giving a mixed message to
millions of Iranians, confusing my countrymen and
women about the real intentions of America. We still
remember President Bush telling us to fight for our
freedom and the US will stand beside us!

Now, you are authorizing a trip to your country the
same person against whom Iranians have been fighting
for their freedom! What happened to those encouraging
words of your President?

You call this person a "Moderate"! With all due
respect, I must suggest to not judging these people by
what they say, but by what they do! Indeed, you must
remember that during his 8 years in office, how many
newspapers were closed; how many journalists and
writers were arrested? Are you aware how many young
Iranian freedom seekers were put in jail, tortured,
raped and assassinated? Some of them were my friends,
Madam Secretary! Could you forget about all the
terrorists that were trained on his watch; and, the
millions of dollars that his government contributed to
the International Terrorism?! I am sure you have very
qualified people in the US State Department to make a
thorough research for you about these outrageous
facts.

With a sarcastic smile on his lips, this man loves to
talk about "Dialogue of Civilizations" to better fool
the Western World, and gain more time for the
terrorist regime that he belongs to. But what
"Civilization" is he exactly talking about? I would
like to remind you that the real Iranian Civilization
is the one that created the first Human Rights, about
6th century BC. You can find the proof of that
civilization on a tablet kept in the British Museum in
London. While, his "Civilization" is the one that
belongs to the Bedouins of 1400 years ago; of a land
foreign to Iran; a civilization of stoning, beheading,
torturing, assassinating, raping, pedophilia,
arresting, lying, and destroying all signs of
civilization and progress in the name of Allah!

This is not our "Civilization"; this is not the
Iranian civilization that this Mullah is talking
about! Iranians in their great majority are rejecting
this insult to our culture, and we are extremely
confused by the political position you are leading
your country to take!

Madam Secretary, on the name of many Iranians who are
giving their lives, every single day, for democracy
and for freedom of Iran, I beg you to never "deal"
with this regime and its elements, and support those
who are struggling for a regime change in my country.

I promise you that by getting rid of the Islamic
Regime in Iran, the world would finally find a
peaceful path; and, "Democracy" would be able to
flourish in our troubled part of the world.

With Respect,
Sohrab Shab
www.shabnameh.org

Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.yahoo.com
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Bush wants more Iran information Reply with quote

The Wall Street Journal wrote:

Bush wants more Iran information
From correspondents in Washington

September 09, 2006 12:51pm

Article from: Agence France-Presse

US President George W. Bush said in an interview made public late yesterday that he was "interested in learning more" about the Iranian Government.

In a rare change of tone toward the Islamic state, Mr. Bush told The Wall Street Journal that he had personally signed off on granting a US visa to former Iranian President Mohammad Khatami, who made a series of speeches in the US this week.

“I was interested to hear what he had to say,” Mr. Bush said. “I'm interested in learning more about the Iranian Government, how they think, what people think within the Government.”

Dear President Bush, if so far you have not gathered necessary knowledge concerning a government ran by CLERGIES, and don’t know how they run it, how they get their intelligence, what kind of propaganda firms are behind their think pad, who runs the regime, what is behind it, then you have been wasting yours & as well as our time for the last seven years! The way the State Department Handled the Khatami Case, and some other mullahs Visa, leaving a bunch of hooligans alone right in the streets of Washington, New York, Chicago, Los Angles, San Francisco etc., endangering the life of not only Americans but also our ( Iranian diasporas), is proven lack of knowledge about this tyrannical regime. More over they do not know how they are running the country & the Government them selves, what are you going to learn from those who do not know what is the function of any government?

And learning any thing from that defunct KHATAMI is foolhardy not only for you even for your successor?

H.H.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Bush wants more Iran information Reply with quote

cyrus wrote:
The Wall Street Journal wrote:

Bush wants more Iran information
From correspondents in Washington

September 09, 2006 12:51pm

Article from: Agence France-Presse

US President George W. Bush said in an interview made public late yesterday that he was "interested in learning more" about the Iranian Government.

In a rare change of tone toward the Islamic state, Mr. Bush told The Wall Street Journal that he had personally signed off on granting a US visa to former Iranian President Mohammad Khatami, who made a series of speeches in the US this week.

“I was interested to hear what he had to say,” Mr. Bush said. “I'm interested in learning more about the Iranian Government, how they think, what people think within the Government.”

Dear President Bush, if so far you have not gathered necessary knowledge concerning a government ran by CLERGIES, and don’t know how they run it, how they get their intelligence, what kind of propaganda firms are behind their think pad, who runs the regime, what is behind it, then you have been wasting yours & as well as our time for the last seven years! The way the State Department Handled the Khatami Case, and some other mullahs Visa, leaving a bunch of hooligans alone right in the streets of Washington, New York, Chicago, Los Angles, San Francisco etc., endangering the life of not only Americans but also our ( Iranian diasporas), is proven lack of knowledge about this tyrannical regime. More over they do not know how they are running the country & the Government them selves, what are you going to learn from those who do not know what is the function of any government?

And learning any thing from that defunct KHATAMI is foolhardy not only for you even for your successor?

H.H.

If president Bush wish to give the last ultimatum to Mullahs before start of
possible war then inviting Khatami is right thing to do, but if the goal is appeasing Mullahs for few more years then I don't agree.
We will find out about the truth in next few weeks. Actions or No Actions tell us what is the real direction.
ActivistChat position is defined 4 years ago in the following petition and still is valid ....

Quote:
4. The United States must deliver an unequivocal ultimatum to the Iranian regime to step down peacefully and immediately, and transfer power to a team of Iranian and Iranian-American leaders; this team would set up a referendum under US and international supervision with military presence of US, Sweden, Denmark, and the Netherlands in Iran as the peacekeeper. If the mullahs do not agree to step down peacefully, then the US should provide all necessary financial and military support for the freedom-loving Iranian opposition both inside and outside Iran to remove the regime in a short period of time.

cyrus wrote:
THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO WIN THE WAR ON TERROR - THE WAR IS UNWINNABLE AS LONG AS THE MULLAHS ARE IN POWER - SUPPORT THE IRANIAN PEOPLE AND REAP THE REWARDS OF A FREE IRAN WITH 70 MILLION IRANIANS WHO WILL FIGHT ALONGSIDE THE FORCES OF FREEDOM AND AGAINST THE ISLAMIST FANATICS!!

PETITION 4 : TRUE SECURITY BEGINS WITH REGIME CHANGE IN IRAN

Sign this Petition Online
View Current Signatures Online

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Friday May 14th, 2004

To: President Of United States, U.S. Congress, Senator Brownback, President Of Israel, EU Heads of States, Heads of the world’s democratic states, General Secretary of the United Nations, The United Nation Commission for Humman Rights Special Rapporteur, U.S. Secretay of State, the European Parliament, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch

PETITION: TRUE SECURITY BEGINS WITH REGIME CHANGE IN IRAN

As House Resolution 398 (May 06, 2004) has rightly recognized, the illegitimate government of the Islamic Republic of Iran has engaged, and continues to engage, in efforts to acquire nuclear weapons. Such weapons would pose an immediate threat not only to Iran's neigbors, but ultimately to the entire world.
The cruelty of the IRI regime is well known and abundantly documented. The regime has been implicated in assassinations throughout the Middle East, Europe, and the United States; the murder of more than 100,000 Iranians; continuing policies of rape, torture, and arbitrary imprisonment as political tools; and the kidnapping of thousands of women and girls for sale into prostitution and slavery.
According to the Department of State report released by the Department of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor on February 25, 2004: “The Government's poor human rights record worsened, and it continued to commit numerous, serious abuses. The right of citizens to change their government was restricted significantly. Continuing serious abuses included: summary executions; disappearances; torture and other degrading treatment, reportedly including severe punishments such as beheading and flogging; poor prison conditions; arbitrary arrest and detention; lack of habeas corpus or access to counsel and prolonged and incommunicado detention. Citizens often did not receive due process or fair trials. The Government infringed on citizens' privacy rights, and restricted freedom of speech, press, assembly, association and religion.” These and other abuses clearly indicate that the regime constitutes a grave threat to the people of Iran and to free people everywhere.
It has come to our attention that Israel and/or the United States may be contemplating a pre-emptive military strike against Iran's nuclear facilities. If the United States follows a policy based exclusively on the nuclear issue, however, the results will be catastrophic both for the Iranian people and, ultimately, for the Middle East and the world. Merely striking at Iranian nuclear facilities would at best delay the regime's nuclear program, driving it deeper underground; would certainly provoke even harsher measures against the Iranian people; and would likely lure the West into a false sense of security with the mullahs of the IRI regime plotting their ultimate retribution against America, Israel, and all others who have stood in their way.
The Islamist regime continues to actively undermine American efforts to rebuild Afghanistan and Iraq. Regime-backed agents and mercenaries are killing American soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines every week. To wait until Iraq and Afghanistan are “secure” before confronting the Iranian mullahs is folly; rather, the United States must take the battle to the enemy in Tehran.
The vast majority of freedom-loving Iranian people support the right of Israel and all of Iran's Middle Eastern neighbors, as well as the United States, to live in peace and security. Therefore, it is in our common interest that:

1. President Bush must support clear and open policy calling for regime change in Iran.
2. The Administration must abandon its policy of “Afghanistan yesterday, Iraq today, Iran maybe tomorrow”, and confront the threat from the IRI regime immediately.
3. President Bush must deliver an ultimatum to the IRI's primary hidden supporters (Britain) and secondary supporters (France, Germany, EU, Japan, Canada, Russia, and China) to stop giving economic assistance, intelligence assistance, or other assistance to the regime. The EU, in particular, should not use resources stolen from the Iranian people to finance its own failed welfare state.
4. The United States must deliver an unequivocal ultimatum to the Iranian regime to step down peacefully and immediately, and transfer power to a team of Iranian and Iranian-American leaders; this team would set up a referendum under US and international supervision with military presence of US, Sweden, Denmark, and the Netherlands in Iran as the peacekeeper. If the mullahs do not agree to step down peacefully, then the US should provide all necessary financial and military support for the freedom-loving Iranian opposition both inside and outside Iran to remove the regime in a short period of time.

The Bush Doctrine advocates America's active role in supporting freedom, democracy, and human rights throughout the world. We call on the Government to act in accord with this wise and noble policy, and help the Iranian people achieve their dream of a free and democratic Iran.

"Human beings are all members of one body.
They are created from the same essence.
When one member is in pain,
The others cannot rest.
If you do not care about the pain of others,
You do not deserve to be called a human being."
A Quote from Famous Persian Poet Saadi Shirazi
( 13th century Persian poet from Shiraz / Iran )

Sincerely Yours,

The TRUE SECURITY BEGINS WITH REGIME CHANGE IN IRAN Petition was created by Activistchat members the Coalition of United Iranians & Americans for Freedom & Democracy and written by Mr. Asher Abrams Activistchat member. This petition is hosted at www.PetitionOnline.com as a public service.

ViaHHakimi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Khatami's Harvard Visit Is a Disgrace Reply with quote

Khatami's Harvard Visit Is a Disgrace
Thursday, September 7, 2006
By: Yaron Brook

Irvine, CA--This Sunday, on the eve of the fifth anniversary of Sept. 11, Iran’s former president, Mohammed Khatami, will speak before Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government and give a talk titled “Ethics of Tolerance in the Age of Violence.” This is outrageous.

Iran is the world’s leading sponsor of terrorism. Khatami’s government jailed Iranian students who spoke out against the theocratic regime, and his intelligence service murdered leaders of an Iranian opposition party. For him to lecture Americans on ethics and non-violence is as obscene as a child molester instructing his victims on the importance of respecting individual rights.

Harvard defended Khatami’s visit, claiming we must have an “open dialogue” with Iran and allow for a “free exchange of ideas.” But there can be no “free exchange of ideas” between a killer and those he seeks to kill--or between a brutal dictatorship and the free nation it seeks to annihilate.

Let’s stop appeasing Iran and make it clear that those who threaten the United States will not receive an “open dialogue,” but swift destruction.
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a problem with that "swift destruction" part....

I'm not even worried by Khatami's bull-****, the truth will out, and those with a better vision, ideas and credibility will prevail.

If the president's intent in "signing off" on Khatami's visa was to encorage the "argument of the age" as he put it, and elevate the American public involvement in that debate....then I think he has done just that.....

....no doubt pissing folks off in the process....but the anger and contempt is best directed at Khatami and the regime....not at the US for raising the level of awareness in creating this opportunity for Khatami's crimes and propaganda to be exposed for what it is, directly.

That Khatami will not answer questions is telling in and of itself....and the American public knows BS when they hear it.

Dipl. Security serves another purpose as well...knowing who wants to see him....what he says privately....and in essence is an intel gathering op...on a number of levels.....

Now I simply look at all possibilities...as well as potential....pose a few things that perhaps have not been considered within the opposition...

Hope you all take it for what its worth, and in the spirit of solidarity that its offered in.

-Oppie
Iranian Boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several foreign medias are lying about the number of protestors outside the cathedral. The real number is around 1000. Radio Israel confirmed this number stating 800-1000 Iranians participated. Washington Post, VOA, Radio Khatami (Farda) and some other newspapers are trying to make the iranian opposition small with a lie that only 200 people participated.
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd heard 50- CNN I think.... I suppose folks took a few photos of the demo?
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Former Iran president Mohammad Khatami met by protesters be Reply with quote

[url][/url]
A group of people gather to protest against the speech by former Iranian President Mohammed Khatami at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts September 10, 2006. REUTERS/Neal Hamberg (UNITED STATES)

People gather to protest against the speech by former Iranian President Mohammed Khatami at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts September 10, 2006. REUTERS/Neal Hamberg (UNITED STATES)

Jim Kaufman, of Dedham, Mass., center, holds a sign expressing his opposition to former Iranian President Mohammed Khatami's visit to Harvard University in Cambridge, Mass., Sunday, Sept. 10, 2006. A group demonstrated in opposition to former Iranian President Mohammed Khatami's visit to speak at the Kennedy School of Government, while a smaller number voiced support for the visit. (AP Photo/Josh Reynolds)

David Arons, right, of Norwell, Mass., chants his opposition as former Iranian President Mohammad Khatami's motorcade arrives at Harvard University in Cambridge, Mass., Sunday, Sept. 10, 2006. A group of demonstrators expressed opposition to Khatami's visit, and a smaller number voiced support prior to Khatami's speech at the Kennedy School of Government. (AP Photo/Josh Reynolds)

Former Iran president Mohammad Khatami met by protesters before speech at Harvard

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20060910-1503-harvard-khatami.html

By Ken Maguire
ASSOCIATED PRESS

3:03 p.m. September 10, 2006

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Former Iranian President Mohammad Khatami was met by protesters when he arrived at Harvard University Sunday for a speech, many of whom angrily called on him to stand up for human rights.
Police estimated that 200 were in the crowd that stood outside the university's Kennedy School of Government and blamed Khatami for failing to stop government crackdowns on student activists in Tehran during his two terms in office.

Several human rights organizations say the crackdowns are believed to have been initiated by his rivals and approved by Iran's ruling Muslim clerics.
“His speech is on ethics and violence. It would be very bizarre if he came here to speak on ethics and violence and did not acknowledge and discuss his own record in Iran,” said Eric Lesser, 21, president of Harvard College Democrats, which teamed with their Republican peers for the protest. “Students were arrested and thrown in prison for speaking their mind in the same way we're doing right now.”

Khatami was considered a reformist during his two terms as president that ended last year. His visit to the United States has been criticized by many, particularly amid concerns about Iran's nuclear program.

The visit angered Joshua Levin, 42. He said, “When someone this evil comes to your city you must oppose him. He's a fascist. He sponsors terror.”

There were no major problems, but police presence was heavy, Cambridge police spokesman Frank Pasquarello said. One man was detained, although it was not immediately clear why.

Please consider this Free Iran petition as statement of agreement, expectations, commitment and long term unity of vision among those who sign this petition and the ownership of petition belongs to all. At this Inflection Point in the history of struggle for freeing our homeland from Islamic Fascists occupiers of Iran, the ActivistChat is using petition as a way of everyday protest for connecting million scattered around the world until enough critical mass is created for Freeing Iran. When you sign online petition the comment section is provided for your additional message or enhancing the petition . You should not expect to agree 100% to sign an Internet petition, prefect world or concept does not exist, your statement might make it better and stronger. If you are one of the million Terror Victims who might wish to present your case or family case please contact us by Email To activistchat@yhoo.com, activistchat@gmail.com

Petition 37: A Plea for Justice - FREE Iran Real Cases Mock Trials Against Mullah Khatami, Khameni, Rafsanjani, Amadinejad ... As Islamic Fascists And For Crimes Against Humanity

Sign the Petition -
View Current Signatures

http://www.petitiononline.com/achat8/petition.html

Last edited by cyrus on Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Message to the People of America, President Bush and Congres Reply with quote

Message to the People of America, President Bush and Congress (2)

Khatami’s US Visit Hides the Clerics’ Developing War Plans ...

This article published in the page 5 of the Washington Times September 11, 2006

http://www.azadeganiran.com/PDF/MessageSep11-06.pdf

Dears,
The attachment is quite an important ad published by AZADEGAN in Washington Post.
Please read it carefuly.
Best wishes & regards to all of you.
Hashem

یاران
این پیوست ، نوشته مهمی از آزادگان است که در روزنامه واشنگتن تایمز امروز بچاپ رسیده است. مهر ورزیده و با دقت آنرا بخوانید
ترجمه فارسی آن سپس تقدیم خواهد گشت
باسپاس و امید به پیروزی
هاشم
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khatami is served with summons at gala dinner
Mon. 11 Sep 2006
The New York Sun

http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=8589

By ELI LAKE - Staff Reporter of the SunT

WASHINGTON — When Iran's ex-president was having his picture taken with admirers at a gala dinner sponsored by the Council on American-Islamic Relations in northern Virginia, he received an unexpected message from some of his former countrymen. It was a summons to appear at the U.S. District Court of the Southern District of New York in Manhattan.

On Thursday, lawyers representing seven Iranian Jewish families living in Los Angeles filed a lawsuit demanding that Mohammed Khatemi pay compensation for the disappearance of 12 of their relatives, who were detained, imprisoned, and in some cases tortured as they tried to leave Iran for Pakistan between 1994 and 1997. Mr. Khatemi became president of Iran in 1997.

The fact that Mr. Khatemi was served at all is a kind of victory for many Iranian-Americans, who were dismayed to learn that the former president had been granted a visa to launch a speaking tour in America. As if to add insult to injury, President Bush was quoted over the weekend by the Wall Street Journal as saying he personally approved the decision to grant Mr. Khatemi a visa because he was "interested" in what the ex-leader had to say.

A lawyer for the seven families, Pooya Dayanim, said the two former police officers who served Mr. Khatemi with the writs at the Gateway Marriott in Arlington, Va., reported that the turbaned cleric expressed surprise upon receiving the court document. The complaint says the depredations the plaintiffs' kin suffered were "part of a pattern and practice of systematic human rights violations that was designed, ordered, implemented, and directed by the Defendant."

"It is a win-win situation," Mr. Dayanim said. "If he does not defend himself, then we will get a default judgment. If the State Department has to come in, they will embarrass themselves. It puts the administration in a bad position of defending him in federal court against victims of torture."

However, another lawyer with expertise in national security law, Mark Zaid, said it will be difficult to persuade a court that a former head of state should stand trial in an American court.

"My inclination is to think he would possess head of state immunity, and such a determination is not based on whether we view them as an enemy of the United States or not," Mr. Zaid, who represented the families of the victims of the Pan Am 103 bombing in their case against the Libyan regime, told The New York Sun. "Foreign sovereign immunity is a principle that every nation has to abide by. When you don't, your action is reciprocated by others."

During his visit to America, Mr. Khatemi has tried to position himself as a moderate, in line with his 2000 speech at the United Nations, in which he called for a dialogue of civilizations. At the event Friday at CAIR, Mr. Khatemi said it was every Muslim's duty to condemn the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. And in an interview with Time magazine, he contradicted Iran's current president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, by acknowledging that the Holocaust is a historical fact.

-----------------------

Comment:

Khatami was not "head of State" during the time the crimes were committed, "part of a pattern and practice of systematic human rights violations that was designed, ordered, implemented, and directed by the Defendant."

Apparently this was during in his official capacity at the time with the IRI, not when he was head of state.

Thus I do not believe that legal defence cited applies.

Well now, isn't that "in your face" Mr. Khatami ???? and well served you were for dinner!
Iranian Boy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click the picture to see the full size:

Iranian Boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iranian Boy wrote:

Iran's 'Good Cop, Bad Cop' Strategy

September 13, 2006
National Review Online
Farhad Mansourian

The U.S. decision to enable former Iranian President Muhammad Khatami to visit Washington to discuss “Civilization and Tolerance” is an unfortunate reflection of the Bush administration’s continuing confusion about Iran.

The Islamic Republic has convinced successive U.S. administrations that there is a dichotomy in Iran between reformers and hardliners and that, if only Washington would engage the former, they might nudge Tehran toward moderation. There is a dichotomy in Iran, but U.S. officials constantly get the sides wrong. The division within Iranian society is not between hardliners and reformers, but rather between regime and the population.

The Islamic Republic is neither democratic nor capable of reform. This fact is inherent in its constitution. Reform can occur only if unelected officials and the Supreme Leader agrees. It is unlikely that he would ever agree to a reduction of his power. So-called moderates may talk about cosmetic changes, but they neither oppose the theocracy nor the export of revolution.

The White House should not be fooled. The visit from Khatami is the latest reflection of the Islamic Republic’s “good cop, bad cop” strategy. The idea is that while President Mahmud Ahmadinejad speaks about “wiping Israel and the United States off of the map”; Washington should seek dialog with more “moderate” former president Khatami. It is meant to buy time. Unfortunately, the State Department has once again taken the bait.

Khatami portrayed himself for eight years as a “reformist.” During this time, he built up the nuclear program that is now threatening global peace. Khatami and his administration are responsible for the murders of opposition leaders and their families, the crushing of the student rebellions, and the disappearance of many journalists.

On December 2, 2002, President Bush said: “My thoughts and prayers are with the Iranian people, particularly the families of the many Iranians who are in prison today for daring to express their hopes and dreams for a better future. We continue to stand with the people of Iran in your quest for freedom, prosperity, honest and effective government, judicial due process and the rule of law.”

The problem is, after living more than a quarter century under a theocratic dictatorship, many Iranians think talk is cheap. They view Khatami’s visit to the United States as evidence that the president is not serious about support for freedom-aspiring Iranians.
So why the visit? Many Iranians might spin wild conspiracy theories; it is a national pastime. But, regardless of the reason, Khatami’s visit is the result of Washington’s failure to have a clear policy for how to deal with the Islamic Republic of Iran. The White House should stop merely reacting to Tehran’s moves, and instead lead. If it is to pursue dialogue, that dialogue needs both purpose and moral clarity. Its goal should be to bring democracy and human rights to Iran.

Bush needs to be true to his March 7, 2006 statement, “We have made it very clear that we stand with the Iranian people who have democratic aspirations. The Iranian people want to chart their own future, and we stand firmly with them.”

- Farhad Mansourian is an Iranian-American civil engineer living in San Francisco-California.

http://www.iranvajahan.net/cgi-bin/news.pl?l=en&y=2006&m=09&d=13&a=9
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Lies They Loved At Harvard Reply with quote

Lies They Loved At Harvard

September 13, 2006
New York Post
Amir Tehari

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/lies_they_loved_at_harvard_opedcolumnists_amir_taheri.htm

Some 40-odd years ago, Iranian filmmaker Shin Nazerian produced a movie about a tough guy from a rough Tehran neighborhood who ends up in New York. A comedy of the clash of cultures, it was an instant hit. One of the first things our tough guy did on arriving in the Big Apple was to "edit" his name to Mr. Small, to reassure the natives. This week, another visitor from Tehran came to New York as part of a U.S. tour that included a session at Harvard University - and took a cue from Mr. Small.

The visitor was the former president of the Islamic Republic - Hojat al-Islam wa al-Moslemeen Sayyed Muhammad Khatami. He too, decided to "edit" his name to cut a less outlandish image with his American interlocutors. Gone was the title Hojat al-Islam wa al-Moslemeen ("Proof of Islam and of Muslims") and the sobriquet of Sayyed ("master") used by those who claim to be descendants of the Prophet Muhammad.

Throughout, he presented himself as former president of "Iran," rather than of the Islamic Republic - although, legally speaking, there is no state known as Iran. He also insisted on describing himself as hich-kareh - someone with no official position at all - hiding the fact that he is a member of at least 11 organs of the Islamic Republic, including the all-important Assembly of Experts.

Khatami altered more than his identity: He edited Islam into a lovey-dovey cult that abhors the use of force, is uncomfortable with capital punishment, would never fight except in self-defense and actively welcomes other faiths.

He never mentioned his ideological guru, the late Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini - knowing that this would revive memories of the hostages seized by the late mullah. Nor the current "supreme guide," Ali Khamenei - who is, according to the constitution in force in the Islamic Republic, the world's only truly legitimate ruler.

He used a vocabulary carefully designed to hoodwink the Americans without angering his fellow Khomeinists back home. The trick was reinforced by the fact that he often said one thing in Persian, while the interpreter said something else in English for the benefit of the Harvard audience.

For example, Khatami would speak of khoshunat, which means "roughness," but the interpreter would translate it into "violence" or even "terror." Thus, the Harvard audience would think that Khatami admits that there may be terrorism in the realm of Islam - while back in Tehran, he would appear talking only about "roughness" and "coercion."

In Persian, he would speak of "sodomy," but the Harvard audience would hear "gay sex." Referring to the leader of al Qaeda, he would say "that gentleman" (Aan Agha) in Persian, but the interpreter would say "Osama bin Laden."

Asked what he thought of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's various outrageous statements, the Hojat al-Islam never mentioned his successor by name. In Persian, he took pains to endorse Ahamdinejad's basic position - but in English he gave the impression that he did not fully agree with his successor.

Khatami was also in total denial about the bloody history of his eight years as president. There was no mention of the 1,347 men and women executed during his two terms. And when it came to the murder of intellectuals and journalists by his henchmen, he pretended that other organs of the Islamic Republic had been responsible, without his knowledge. An Iranian student raised the murder of Iranian-Canadian journalist Zahra Kazemi - and Khatami, with a broad smile, said he wasn't quite sure how the poor woman had died in one of his prisons.

He spoke a great deal about the need for dialogue, tolerance and understanding. But he made no mention of the fact that he had closed down 150 Iranian newspapers, imprisoned scores of journalists and unleashed his Hezbollah hounds to crush the student revolts against his regime. His "dialogue of civilizations" had not been extended to thousands of Iranian workers bullied, beaten, murdered or forced out of their jobs simply because they had gone on strike.

Khatami also forgot to mention that there was no dialogue among Iranians inside Iran itself while he was in power. Nor did he tell his Harvard audience that he had refused to meet with Iranian-Americans or grant interviews to their media, especially in California.

The Harvard audience applauded the Hojat al-Islam, forgetting that during his reign Iran had had the largest number of prisoners of conscience in the world, and that Khatami had been a member of the "Committee for Islamic Cultural Revolution" that shut all Iranian universities in the early '80s and purged tens of thousands of teachers and students because they opposed Khomeinism.

Khatami was practicing an art known as taqiyah, which could be translated into "dissimulation" or "obfuscation." This began as a theological tool to allow Shiites to hide their beliefs in hostile environments - but Khatami used it as a political tool to deceive Americans who obviously longed to be deceived.

Toward the end of the Harvard "Taqiyah fest," however, the tail of the cat began to show out of the Hojat al-Islam's bag. Someone mentioned Hezbollah - and Khatami began waxing lyrical about his love for what most Iranians regard as a terrorist outfit created and controlled by the Islamic Republic.

According to Khatami, Hezbollah has never been engaged in any act of terrorism and is nothing but a "national resistance movement" comparable to the French during the Nazi occupation. In other words, Israel is like Nazi Germany and Sheik Hassan Nasrallah, the Hezbollah's branch manager in Lebanon, is Gen. Charles De Gaulle.

Was Hezbollah justified in triggering a war without informing the Lebanese people and government? Yes, said the Hojat al-Islam. Why? The war was justified because Hezbollah had to liberate occupied Lebanese territory. What territory? He mentioned the Shebaa farms - a piece of land the size of Central Park which, in fact, belongs to Syria.

The "dialogue of civilizations," the discourse of deception, had reached its limit.

The Harvard people who gave Khatami a tribune from which to deceive the American people might want to know an old Persian saying: "When a mullah calls, an undertaker is sure to follow."

Amir Taheri is a member of Benador Associates.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: ActivistChat Response "Iranian Boy": Reply with quote

ActivistChat Response "Iranian Boy":
Détente With Islamic Fascists = High Treason

- Harvard, Kofi Annan (UN), EU3,
Russia, China, Japan, Islamic Fascist
Lobbyists ..... all have betrayed the
cause of liberty and tried to appease
tyranny, Islamist Terrorism (Sept. 11 ..)
and for not supporting Free Society,
Secular Democracy and for Not
Defending UN Human Rights Charter
Aggressively .
- G8 Détente with Islamofascist regime
in past 27 years for short term
financial gains from Islamofascist
regime corruptions in the name of
National Interest have created Islamic
Fascists Terror Network, Hezbollah .....
- Bush Admin has not delivered the
expected promised results after 5
years for pleasing G8 ......
TRUE SECURITY BEGINS WITH
REGIME CHANGE IN IRAN
THE WAR On TERROR IS UNWINNABLE
AS LONG AS THE ISLAMIC FASCISTS
ARE IN POWER IN IRAN
7006 ActivistChat
Source For Cartoons : http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/000289.html

Iranian Boy wrote:
Iranian Boy wrote:

Iran's 'Good Cop, Bad Cop' Strategy

September 13, 2006
National Review Online
Farhad Mansourian

The U.S. decision to enable former Iranian President Muhammad Khatami to visit Washington to discuss “Civilization and Tolerance” is an unfortunate reflection of the Bush administration’s continuing confusion about Iran.

The Islamic Republic has convinced successive U.S. administrations that there is a dichotomy in Iran between reformers and hardliners and that, if only Washington would engage the former, they might nudge Tehran toward moderation. There is a dichotomy in Iran, but U.S. officials constantly get the sides wrong. The division within Iranian society is not between hardliners and reformers, but rather between regime and the population.

The Islamic Republic is neither democratic nor capable of reform. This fact is inherent in its constitution. Reform can occur only if unelected officials and the Supreme Leader agrees. It is unlikely that he would ever agree to a reduction of his power. So-called moderates may talk about cosmetic changes, but they neither oppose the theocracy nor the export of revolution.

The White House should not be fooled. The visit from Khatami is the latest reflection of the Islamic Republic’s “good cop, bad cop” strategy. The idea is that while President Mahmud Ahmadinejad speaks about “wiping Israel and the United States off of the map”; Washington should seek dialog with more “moderate” former president Khatami. It is meant to buy time. Unfortunately, the State Department has once again taken the bait.

Khatami portrayed himself for eight years as a “reformist.” During this time, he built up the nuclear program that is now threatening global peace. Khatami and his administration are responsible for the murders of opposition leaders and their families, the crushing of the student rebellions, and the disappearance of many journalists.

On December 2, 2002, President Bush said: “My thoughts and prayers are with the Iranian people, particularly the families of the many Iranians who are in prison today for daring to express their hopes and dreams for a better future. We continue to stand with the people of Iran in your quest for freedom, prosperity, honest and effective government, judicial due process and the rule of law.”

The problem is, after living more than a quarter century under a theocratic dictatorship, many Iranians think talk is cheap. They view Khatami’s visit to the United States as evidence that the president is not serious about support for freedom-aspiring Iranians.
So why the visit? Many Iranians might spin wild conspiracy theories; it is a national pastime. But, regardless of the reason, Khatami’s visit is the result of Washington’s failure to have a clear policy for how to deal with the Islamic Republic of Iran. The White House should stop merely reacting to Tehran’s moves, and instead lead. If it is to pursue dialogue, that dialogue needs both purpose and moral clarity. Its goal should be to bring democracy and human rights to Iran.

Bush needs to be true to his March 7, 2006 statement, “We have made it very clear that we stand with the Iranian people who have democratic aspirations. The Iranian people want to chart their own future, and we stand firmly with them.”

- Farhad Mansourian is an Iranian-American civil engineer living in San Francisco-California.

http://www.iranvajahan.net/cgi-bin/news.pl?l=en&y=2006&m=09&d=13&a=9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: